College Works Painting Internship

Risk free opportunity to learn all aspects of running your own business.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Social networks, compensation, ability to learn and grow, mentors and company resources, and real life experiences that most internships or college programs do not offer.

The hours can be overwhelming especially in the summer, not a good internship with someone who has a poor work ethic.

Great opportunity if you are looking to learn a lot in a short time frame, I consider this a masters in business in a time span of a few months. However it is an intense work schedule and is certainly not for just anyone.

Advice to Management

Need to be more realistic with estimated hours and there should be some kind of check system in order for painters to make budgets, this alone would greatly help the employee retention.

This is not just an internship. It changes lives. And how many chances does someone get in life to start and run their own business?
San Diego, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

How much i grew as an individual. Im pre med and the two things i always considered myself terrible at before the internship was: business and communication. So the fact i actually ended up being the top intern in southern california and running a 100K business says A LOT. And ironically my strength in the internship ended up being sales. Also all the cool payroll friday events and end of the year trip to cancun were a lot of fun!

How many hours go into running your own business. I was working 35 hours a week during spring, 80 hours a week during summer. Also mentors should have been more involved during the production session in teaching interns how to paint properly and how to manage.

Anyone who is considering College Works Painting as an internship.....This is not for the faint of heart. For most people this internship is the hardest thing they have ever done in their life. There will be many times you will want to quit and give up, but the people who will succeed are the ones who will push through all the challenges and never give up. So if your ready to take on the ultimate life challenge, do this internship.

Advice to Management

They should have the mentors more involved during production season and train the interns better from the start about management of employees and how to produce a quality paint job.

Running your first business successfully
Austin, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and experiences

Very time consuming

Great internship for a driver who wants to really learn in an hands on way.

Advice to Management

Improvements on training tactics

I learned more in my summer as an intern than all previous jobs combined.
Bellevue, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture of the company that rewards hard work and creates long term relationships

The high level of stress that comes with the job can be overwhelming at times

My advice would be to pursue this internship only if you are fully committed. I saw a lot of interns drop out with the high level of stress. You are required to work extremely hard and think on your feet so be ready to learn a lot in a short period of time

you determine how successful you are
Minneapolis, MN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

the experience

it is a ton of work and you dont really get and breaks

give it your all and you will do well

Advice to Management

it does a great job

Lean how to Manage and Grow a Business. Build Your Resume. Real World Experience Running a Business
Kansas City, KS | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The Culture is Awesome! The Experience is Great! I learned a Ton. The best aspects were how helpful and relatable my bosses were. They really make it a point to Teach you how to succeed in business. It's an amazing learning experience.

At first it is a lot of work and it's kind of hard to handle. I really had to get my self organized and change my lifestyle pretty quickly. That was the hardest part of the internship for me.

Be willing to work hard, work on your communication skills, listen to your District Manager because they know a lot and have been in your shoes, and get yourself organized.

The hardest and most rewarding internship you can take
Denver, CO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

By far the experience you learn is the best aspect. So much experience that apply to business, sales, marketing, management, and life in general.

The hours you work in this internship is the worst part about it. In order to be successful and run a good sized quality business you have to put in a ton of effort and you can never put in too much.

If you are looking for experience to put on your resume that will separate you from everyone else this is it. However this internship will break you down and most people don't make it through the internship. You will know how to run your own business after this internship but you have to absolutely work your hands to the bone and exhaust your mind in order to be successful. That said the experience you gain can not be gained anywhere else.

Learn how to be your own boss and control your success with hard work and determination. See what the real world is like with College Works.
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Sales, management, learning work ethic

Dealing with clients issues day to day

Most valuable real world experience you'll ever have. Also the hardest challenge you'll face.

Fantastic learning and business management experience.
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The hands on aspects of everyday business

Summer can be stressful, power through it and all ends well

Be ready to work, and put time in. You will learn more in one season with CWP than any business class.

Work Hard Play Hard
Princeton, NJ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of this internship were being able to meet new people and make lifelong friends and being able to push myself and do something I would have never done otherwise.

Sometimes communication was an issue, but rarely.

This internship is only for people who want to push themselves past their limits and are willing to work hard to have the greatest experience.