College Works Painting Internship

Intern at College Works Painting Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

Learn how to run a business while in school in a protected enviroment with no risk or liability
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture of the company was awesome. They had fun events to blow off steam and really cared about the success of each and every intern. It was nice to actually have responsibility as opposed to shadowing someone in an office.

Although very rewarding, it is also very stressful and difficult.

Enter into the internship knowing it is difficult and listen to your mentor and you will succeed.

Advice to Management

Nothing comes to mind.

Eye opening, challenging, life changing, stressful and fun
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Offers a buffet of business skills. High responsibility work. Learning by doing. Real money, real people; world experience

Amount of hours required

Only apply if you are looking challenge yourself.

The Complete Business Experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning how to effectively market
Learning how to effectively sell
Pay grade
Soft skill development (Leadership, professional communication, etc.)
Management skill development
Individuality and recognition of a job well done

Time commitment at some points
Independence in some spots
Driving hours (depends on the intern's location)

This internship completely changed my life for the better. I learned to be a more effective and professional communicator and person overall. It really doesn't matter what you're profession will be, because a business on your resume says a lot more about you than a job at an office. You will refine the skills that you are strong at while developing the skills that you're weak at.

Advice to Management

The only issue I saw was hiring the wrong people-the reason why people think the internship is a scam is a variety of variables; one of them is because other painting internships require payment and many interns end up owing money at the end of the internship. The other is hiring people who say they will work hard but in turn end up being lazy, and of course blaming the company for their deficiencies. With a four-step interview process, it's hard to imagine being more selective, but something needs to be done so we make sure we get the right people.

The best training for leadership a college student can get
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

How challenging it was. It forced me out of my comfort zone and because of that I learned more in 6 months than I did in four years of college. The culture was amazing. Some of my best friends are people I did the internship with.

It was very challenging. If you are not willing to work hard, you will not be successful.

I believe there are 3 things that will determine if you are successful at College Works. 1. You have to be willing to work very hard. 2. You have to believe in yourself. 3. You have to believe in the internship. If you do those 3 things you will be successful. I got an offer from all 3 jobs I interviewed with after the internship. One in marketing, finance, and sales. I also had 3 other offers from networking I did during the internship. This was because of what I learned and what I accomplished at College Works.

College Works Painting was one of the most challenging, yet rewarding things that I have ever done.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The Culture made by the business mentors and executives in the business. The opportunity for expansion and the opportunity to push yourself passed your limits. There is no dead ends and you can keep progressing as long as you have the job. You get paid what your worth which is great news for people that are used to working hard and getting paid the same as everyone else.

Sometimes having to deal with difficult people from clients to employees and having uncomfortable interactions.

If you are enthusiastic and you have goals that you are highly motivated to reach and strive for, you will be successful. %60 or more of success is a head game and that's one of the many things that this internship taught me.

Advice to Management

Expectations around the way that pay structure works could be set a little bit better so that one can plan accordingly rather than blindly going through and not understanding how much they are going to get and what factors effect that.

The ultimate leadership experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Company culture and values, mentor support, networking opportunities, compensation and bonuses, qualifications of superiors

Hard work, delayed gratification

One of the most difficult, yet rewarding opportunities for a college student. Will stand out on ANY resume

Made great money, learned a lot and had a lot of fun doing it
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Probably all of the people in it, including the clients I worked with. Mostly though were all of the other interns and all of the people who were above me in the program. To be advanced in the program you have to start as an intern so everyone in it could help you with tips and tricks to be successful

It was a lot of work, sometimes I didn't want to do it but I knew it was necessary

It's hard work but what you put into it is what you get out of it so it is a program based very much on individual performance but with a lot of support to help you get through it

Incredible opportunity that gave me the skills to be successful in whatever career I choose while making 15k my 1st yr. and 40k my 2nd yr.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great experience, get to manage a business with the protection of an established company, make great money to help pay for school, earn college credits, learn management and leadership skills, learn all the aspects of how a business works, learn project management and time-managment and networking.

It is a challenging internship so if you are not a hard working individual than it is not for you. You earn what you make with College Works Painting so if you are lazy don't expect to make what most interns do.

Listen to your mentors and other interns you are working with and hold yourself accountable to our goals. Interns that are successful are coachable and hard workers.

Probably the most difficult thing you will ever do, but surely the most rewarding.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people who do this internship are absolutely the best of the best. They are the students who are simply not okay with being average and will do whatever it takes to succeed. No matter what field interns choose to go into this program teaches students to be at the top of that field and it has a reputation for doing it. While school only teaches students how to get a job and start and the bottom so they can spend their entire lives working up a "ladder," College Works teaches students how to create jobs, be the boss, and essentially own the "ladder."

This was by far the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life up to this point. I worked harder and longer hours then I ever though was possible but I somehow made it through the 8 months that seemed like years and came out only to realized that I had literally gained years worth of experience.

If you want to be successful in something than that really doesn't matter. You have to make the choice that you will be successful or you will get defeated. Anyone can be successful in this program if they are willing to make sacrifices and work hard to prove themselves. However, most people make the choice to take the easy way out. That is why this program isn't for the average person. You have to know for yourself that you simply aren't okay with being average then nothing will stop you from getting to where you want to be.

Hardest experience of life but the most impactful and life changing experience

The intense leadership training

Didn't enjoy working with house paint

Get ready for the roller coaster! Looking back it was worth the struggles..