Zynga Internship Program

Intern at Zynga Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Awesome summer experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with smart people on tough problems

Low company morale

Have fun over the summer!

Fun work, great people, amazing professional growth and development.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was trusted to make significant contributions to the project. It didn't feel too much like an intern who was just given the easy tasks that had little impact on the company. I was able to take away a lot of significant experience that will come in very handy in my future as a video game programmer.

I wished there was a little more hand-holding at the beginning of the internship when I had literally no idea of how a company runs its day to day business. I wanted clear and simple instructions about what I should be doing and how to set up the technology I had to work with. Instead I spent a lot of time trying to figure things out when sometimes asking for help would not have been a bad idea.

If you're looking to work in the game industry, Zynga is a great company to intern for. There are a very wide variety of genres that Zynga games cover. Many associate just the "Farmville" genre with Zynga but they are also responsible for a number of word games (Words With Friends), arcade style game (Bubble Safari) and unannounced projects in development. Chances are, if you tell your recruiter what kind of games you'd like to work on, they will be able to find something. Although Zynga's stock isn't doing well, stock prices do not always reflect how profitable a company is. Zynga is a profitable company that offers very competitive internship and full-time salaries.

Advice to Management

A little more organization for young interns' first days could help them enjoy their experiences more and contribute earlier on. Having more diversity in terms of age could be beneficial as well because in general it's easier for new college graduates to bond with other new college graduates and thus develop relationships with coworkers beyond a mentor/mentee relationship.

Perfect mix of work and play, learned a ton, while having a blast.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company atmosphere and the location I was working at, just such a chill place.

Finding housing

It's really an amazing place to work, you'll have tons of fun, and you will learn much more than you think.

Advice to Management

It'd be nicer if they helped facilitate the move into San Francisco a little more, and help us find good reasonable places to live.

An awesome and challenging summer internship

Learning, networking, playing games

travelling to and fro from office to home

Would definitely recommend it as a great place to work

Real life product management experience with a superstar team on the world's biggest social game
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Team was very gracious in giving their time to answer questions, manager was excellent in providing guidance and ensuring I learned a lot and did good work over the summer.

With a live game you need someone on call at all times. One weekend I worked both days as I was on call and we had technical problems.

Zynga's a great place for smart, structured non-tech folks to get experience in analytically- sophisticated consumer web product management.

Advice to Management

Overall it was an excellent experience. Ultimately an A+ experience requires a good personal fit with your manager and them having the ability and willingness to guide your experience. I was lucky to get both of these.

A very fun and interesting experience unlike anything I've ever had the opportunity to experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The environment, and the freedom with work.

There could've been more mentoring.

Every game studio is different, so if possible, seeing the dynamics of each beforehand would've been very nice.

excellent corporate culture, mentors care about your prospects not within the company, but as a software engineer.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being treated as another full time member of the staff. Mentors that taught me and told me the skills I need to be the best at my job and to succeed.

nothing major at all. <3 Zynga.

besides the usual know your data structures and algorithms, tell them what you are passionate about since that makes a huge difference. You will talk to lots of people during your interviews, some rather high up and they will test you on your passion for what you do in addition to the technical aspects.

Advice to Management

I think HR did a wonderful job of setting you up, and its the interns role to make the most out of it.

Unique opportunity to experience a culture of a Internet start up
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Quality of work, unique work culture.

Felt like Full time offers were given first to those people who had offers from other company's

Think whether this internship opportunity is a stepping stone to realize your long term career goals.

Security engineering
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working like a full-item employee

AN unsupportive mentor/boss

Make sure to define your goals and follow up on them

Advice to Management

Provide housing.