Symantec Intern Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #3 Best Engineering Internships

Date: 2013

Ah, um, That's a hard question, you know?

flexible hours interesting works good coworkers

n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a

Good place to work, you should do it.

Date: 2013

The experience of a lifetime

Networking and experience. I learned so much about being an employer of a real business.

There was nothing I didn't like about it.

Be outgoing and productive

Wonderful experience interning at Symantec

Welcoming environment, project variety, real-world experience

Working 40-hour weeks but earning no PTO

Symantec in Roseville is an excellent place to work, with a good work/life balance and plenty of opportunities to meet coworkers and network (and get free food!). The work is interesting, and I felt like a valued part of the team.

Advice to Management

Especially for lengthy internships (longer than just the summer), it would be nice to earn at least some vacation to take a day off here or there.

Great learning experience

I learned lots of things during my internship. Learned new techniques, programming language and much more.

I didn't got relocation even though other interns got it.

Symantec is a great company to start and develop ur career.

Advice to Management

Compensation, Food plcaes

Eye-opening experience

The best aspects of the internship were the great people I worked with who were also friendly and respectful.

The activities that I had to do weren't necessarily the activities that I wanted to do but I did complete them exceptionally and they taught me many skills that will help me in future positions.

Practice multiple times before going out on an interview. The interview that I had was done in a group and we were all competing for a position.

Advice to Management

Give interns more team work activities. Being able to work in a team shows your ability to communicate respectfully around others.

Date: 2013

Protect the internet with cutting edge technology and work with some incredibly knowledgable people.

Learning how to identify and handle incidents was the most interesting part of the internship for me.

That I wasn't able to work in the queue like a full time analyst but due to time restrictions this was entirely understandable.

This job is amazing if you are interested in seeing how a managed security provider protects hundreds of large companies world-wide from cyber threats.

Advice to Management

Not much, possibly come up with more hands on things to work on.

Date: 2013

This internship provided practical, real-world experience, decent pay in a flexible environment, and valuable team building skills.

Flexible hours, opportunities to get involved to increase visibility for hire, nice perks (good food, free coffee, gym). Relaxed environment, but on a driven and supportive team. Respectful and caring to all employees and treat interns like full-timers.

Less pay and perks than forerunners of the computer science industry (Google, Microsoft, etc.). Not much face time with management (could be good or bad based on personal preferences).

As my first job in the industry (computer science), this internship was a dream for me, and if the pay is in your desired range, they have everything you might want. I felt like I was a trusted and respected part of the team, enough to be treated as any other full-time employee. Work moved at the pace I was going, and I was put on some great projects.

Advice to Management

I am having an extremely enjoyable time at Symantec, and I attribute that largely to the respect, trust, and patience management puts into their interns. Please continue to do such a great job in making me feel like a meaningful part of the team. The only criticism I would have is that some of management seemed either too distant or busy to get much face-time to sit down and talk about job prospects or tricks and tips of working at the company; this was not a big deal, as I'd rather be self-guided and working, but I think this would make the job a lot more personable.

Date: 2013

Awesome summer experience filled with learning

The experience seeing what an actual software engineering position is away from the classroom

I wish I could've been taught a little more initially, but i understand their time is more valuable then mine

Symantec treats every employee they have like gold - i love the company

Advice to Management

We really should have our own building in the Waltham location, so we can be more like a smaller Mountain View branch. A better cafe is a must too

Learning and professionalism

Team work and new technologies

Sports events

Security is a vital part of organisation which is continuosly backed by innovative products supporting diverse learning experience.

Date: 2013

A company that tackles problems you won't find anywhere else

Very laid back and low pressure, yet still engaging

Sometimes there is no direction

There is a lot to learn from this company.

Advice to Management

Higher compensation will secure more employees