Intern at SAS Software Internship Program? Submit a Review

Maintaing the EA Process One Milestone At A Time

Raleigh, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my internship was the ability to lead meetings and keep continuous updates on two accounts. This made my internship feel like my actual job instead of a summer position.

The thing I liked least about my internship was the disconnectedness with the other interns in different departments. Because there are so many interns, it is hard to meet everyone. Although there are great events offered to the interns, it is hard to meet everyone, and therefore it feels like there is a sense of disconnectedness because of the large amount of students.

SAS values your contributions as an intern. Although you are an intern, you are given real-life, professional responsibilities that can impact the company. SAS' internships are both an opportunity to learn and make your mark on the company.

It was a great experience. I learnt so much and have gained career clarity.

Raleigh, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to see the combination of business and statistics in the real world.

The hours and traffic!

The campus is amazing and everyone is very welcoming. You'll have a great time.

Advice to Management

The intern events were great and I always felt that I was looked after.

Tell me about yourself and what do you know about SAS.

Exciting work with great company culture

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to work on exciting research topics with a group of motivated and intelligent people. Work-life balance was great, and company provided housing for students from other states. Very good full-time employment prospects for interns (especially for local students).

Getting full-time employment can be a little more difficult for students who are not from local universities.

The company has a very welcoming and family friendly culture. It is also one of the most (culturally and gender) diverse tech companies I've seen. The compensation is fair for the area, but is less than that of Bay area or NY.

I felt respected and valued in the workplace and felt that I was adding value to the department on a daily basis

Raleigh, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about SAS and the people who work here

The lack of initial instruction regarding SAS

Make the effort to learn about the company before your first day. They like informed employees who catch on quickly.

N/A

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated like a typical member of the team but given the learning opportunities of an intern.

I really enjoyed my internship-- no cons

The company culture is phenomenal and you'll find people to click with

Excellent resource to develop my career

Raleigh, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The training is top notch

The daily commute is lengthy

Use the opportunity to learn and develop your career.

Working Closely with Testers and Developers to Prepare for Current and Future Product Releases

Supportive work environment
Flexibility of work hours
Ability to connect with anyone (open door policy)
Ample opportunities to show off your work
Many useful intern events
Access to incredible campus facilities
Great food that is pretty cheap
Large beautiful campus with nice buildings
Great professional experience with ability to setup, attended and sit in on meetings

Not too many group projects

Take advantage of all of the intern events, especially the fireside chats and Intern Expo. Asking questions and presenting your work can be intimidating but its so worth it with the connections and experience you can gain. People here are genuinely interested in helping you and want to help you to succeed. They also would love to see you show off your work at the end of the summer.

SAS Internship Exceeds Expectations

Raleigh, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Not only was my work meaningful and used among professionals in many fields but a main reason that the internship exceeded my expectations was because of the intern events. SAS puts in a lot of work to make sure the new interns feel at home. There are so many fun and professional events planned on a weekly basis for interns to attend. These allowed me to get to know the other interns and it also gave me something to look forward to. By the end, going to work didn't feel like work. It felt like focusing on things I was passionate about and then hanging out with my friends.

SAS is very traditional - I would like to see more innovative work spaces. I was in an office with 3 other interns every day. It would've been nice to work in a more creative work space or have a laptop to go somewhere new. Nonetheless, I enjoyed coming to work every day. The internship program itself is amazing.

SAS may not seem as innovative as the work being done here. Obviously we're not in Silicon Valley so note that there are not THAT many young faces at SAS yet.. but I know they are trying to gear towards a more innovative work space and have younger professionals with fresh ideas be hired.

Advice to Management

This campus offers so many amenities and the people here are great. It doesn't get much better than this.

Great Experiences with Lots of Learning

Raleigh, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of information learned

There was some occasional busy work.

Great organization to work for. Very flexible and heavily focused on your development.

Advice to Management

More educational meetings about new technologies (the ones that are provided are great).

when was a time you made a process more efficient?

An amazing experience that took me out of my comfort zone

Raleigh, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Helpful mentor ship, worked on actual meaningful products that will help the company, laid-back open door policy, great internship events to meet the others not in your building/department, great team leaders to go to.

The intern events were more in the middle/ to the end of the internship. So it would have been more beneficial to have more in the beginning so we can meet more interns.

How laid back and easy going it is. No one is micromanaging you but you still have to get work done. You're working on actual products that helps SAS and the intern program and company really do care. Amazing campus and awesome employees.

Tell me about your favorite class and why? Tell me a little bit more about a project you did.