Intern at SAS Software Internship Program? Submit a Review

Always Learning

Raleigh, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to use the fitness center and swimming pool, along with the intern events - we went to an indoor trampoline park, bowling, a baseball game, had a Trivia Night, and played dodgeball!

That the summer didn't last forever

I think it should be known that if you have a chance to apply here, then DO IT because you will never regret anything once you get accepted for a position here. Know that you will be in an environment that fosters growth and innovation, and from all that I have learned here in only 2.5 months so far, I cannot stress that enough.

Programming in paradise.

The networking opportunities.

Only being able to work 40 hours a week.

Try to experience as much as your can. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Why should we hire you? What would you offer us and what are some of your strengths and weaknesses?

School comes first

Raleigh, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Definitely learned a lot, but my managers were also very respectful of my school work and need for flexibility. Work/life balance is very important at SAS, and while you do need to get your work done, they want to be as accommodating as possible. There's also a lot of independence, and trust. You have a lot of freedom, and there's trust there that you will steward that freedom well, so that you can tend to the things you need to in and outside of the workplace to ensure that you're able to be focused and attentive to the responsibilities given to you.

I had to learn how to use my independence well. I had a relatively hands-off manager, so I had to make sure that I was on top of my work, and not afraid to ask for more when needed.

Having some basic knowledge of what SAS does and their products would be very helpful. You don't necessarily need to know code, but basic html/css is helpful as well.

Talk to us about your portfolio; a lot of process-oriented questions.

Valuable internship that allows for interns to provide meaningful work and contributions.

Raleigh, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I got to work with and the fact that I was able to make meaningful contributions to the company as a high school student.

I didn't dislike anything.

I think orientation did a great job preparing me. I would just advise interns to not be afraid to ask questions and to ask for help.

Advice to Management

The team I worked with was pretty diverse and there were plenty of opportunities for not just professional training but training for good life skills such as speaking and communication,

Because of my application through my High School, interview questions are not applicable.

The place to be with endless amounts of opportunities

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The atmosphere of SAS is amazing. Everyone is always willing to help and give advice. Everyone is always in a good mood.

I did not have any dislikes about my internship.

There is no need to be afraid and shy. Everyone is here to help you succeed as long as you put in the effort and show interest.

Education and experience paves the way to success.

Raleigh, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The in-depth trainings, free e-Learnings and free certification tests.

Ignorant customers and not knowing how to help everyone when talking to them on the phone.

SAS is a great place to work, with a great internship program that will build you up to be ready for anything in the business world.

Advice to Management

Training can be a little overwhelming in the first few weeks, with similar sounding acronyms and program names (ex: SAS Enterprise Miner and SAS Enterprise Guide).

"What are 5 of your greatest strengths?"

THE GREATEST SUMMER EVER

Chapel Hill, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentor was amazing

Long days

DO IT- you will be glad you did

Advice to Management

SAS is truly the great

Why SAS?

SAS internship spoils perception of what work life balance means

Raleigh, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Really great people and work environment. Lots of intern activities to participate in - bowling, scavenger hunts, fireside chats, etc. Flexible working hours and great company culture.

Work can be tedious, and there is a good amount of hand holding.

Flexible working hours. I didn't realize how nice it is to choose when you want to work. Also - the people here are so nice and willing to help you out.

Advice to Management

Unshared office space with other interns. Ability to log overtime.

The type of learning experience all interns should have.

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to learn all about the cutting edge technologies available, and how to use them in any setting. I was also able to reach out to other teams and learn a wide variety of skills that helped me get a job after graduation.

They really care about the work life balance for interns, and sometimes that meant I couldn't put in the extra hours I wanted on some of my really interesting products.

Learn from everyone you meet, and work to improve any task you are given. That will benefit everyone long term, and shows you are able to see the big picture.

Advice to Management

I actually liked all the management experiences I had. Never take the 1 on 1 meetings with managers for granted, they are crucial to employee success.

A user calls and cannot connect to their virtual machine remotely. How would you troubleshoot the issue if you are not at the machine in question?

College Intern Doing Big Things

Raleigh, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great team chemistry and I really enjoyed the work I was doing. I also liked seeing how big of an impact my project was making.

Hourly pay could be better.

The company really takes care of their interns. Almost every intern is given projects they enjoy that have an impact on the company.

Advice to Management

Since students aren't able to take full advantage of the benefits of SAS, I feel the hourly pay should be a little more competitive.