Intern at SAP iXp (Internship Experience Project)? Submit a Review

Great learning experience with ample opportunities for networknig

Bellevue, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture and the people working with and around you

The commute to and from work was full of traffic because I live in a busy area

The dress code is really laid back. You can dress super fancy or super casual and you will still fit in.

It's much better than I expected it to be.

Other (International) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

You get to learn and try out a lot of interesting things (technologies) and you get paid for this. It's a real and very valuable work experience.
People are nice, very friendly and ready to answer my every question.

Because of legal issues I can't work more hours (I really wish I could - it's interesting here).

Some of the social events organized for interns only so that they can socialize are not so interesting for me.

It's okay to ask questions and offer your thoughts on the matter to others.

I was asked to write simple code (it could be written without following the rules of a specific language), explain some code (what it does), design tests for a rubber duck (how would you test it? - that one was pretty fun)

Be loyal to your work

Bangalore | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work culture

Not sure about getting converted to a full time employee.

SAP - 'Your at Great Place to Work" and when you will work here, you will realize that this is so true.

Advice to Management

As of now I have no suggestions.

1. Questions related to Machine Learning - CNN's, Project Explanations, Questions from Projects.
2. Brain Teasers, Puzzels

Great Fun

Bellevue, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture and people within SAP and Concur is a great place to be day in and day out. They provide lots of opportunities to meet people, have fun and experience the tech world.

Sometimes not having something to do that made you feel productive.

To be passionate about working in technology and to be able to find the good in what you are doing.

Advice to Management

Right now they are on a hiring freeze, but intern turnover into full time employees.

Tell me about a time when you were on a team and had issues and how you overcame them?

Amazing learning experience

Vancouver | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to meet lots of people who are other interns as well as senior staff. I got to manage lots of projects and be involved with many other senior projects and understand software development that I would not have otherwise learned in class.

Budget cuts within company

Keep an open mind to learn, play around with technology that is available here. Make sure you try to network as much as possible!

Know your resume inside and out.

SAP is willing to invest in its early talent

Palo Alto, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The 70-20-10 distribution - 70% project work, 20% development activities, 10% social activities.

Also, the 3-day iXp Summit in Seattle where all the interns were gathered to learn more about the company and the prospects for an intern within the company.

That there is no possibility for fulltime employment afterwards because of the hiring freeze

SAP is a great company that truly cares about its employees. The amount of support, learning/development opportunities, career boosters, and PERKS is incredible. It is a great place to work, almost at level with companies like Google and Facebook.

Advice to Management

Make sure not to exclude interns as "internal" employees, when it comes to hiring freezes across the company.

Make An Impact And Have Fun While At it

Palo Alto, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work environment is great; SAP has great benefit for employees, like break/game rooms, good food, good workshops (technical and for fun). Also, I was able to help my team become more efficient in development, so I felt that I made an impact.

Sometimes, the projects aren't set in stone and aren't fully planned out. As a result, I wasn't too sure about my project and didn't have a real direction until later on in the internship, after a lot of set up.

Sometimes, the project you get won't be the most exciting. You won't necessarily change the world or even get that much code into production. However, the skills you learn elsewhere, such as communicating with your team and other teams, learning to persevere and ask questions, all the other skills are just as important. Thus, don't fret if your actual project isn't that exciting, the internship experience will help you become a better person for entering the work world.

Java specific questions.

True member of the team with a voice

Other (International) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Ability to learn new things that interest me
- Personal and career development
- Having a voice

- Equipment we got

If you have the initiative and have a reason for something you would be able to pursue it. And don't be scared everyone wants? to help you succeed.

A lot of responsibility

Learning opportunities
Career development
Networking

Culture
Worked with people on the other side of the world; required to wake up very early at times for meetings.

I wish I would have known more about the culture of SAP prior to joining. The vast majority of SAP employees are older/middle age. Rarely did I meet a younger person who had a full time roll. This provides fantastic networking opportunities, but keep in mind that you will rarely have interaction with younger people (except for other interns who you are not guaranteed to work with.)

Advice to Management

Employ more young people in full time rolls!

What is Integrated Marketing?
How do you see the competitive procurement landscape changing?

Incredible opportunity to network with execs, learn from FTEs, hang out with other interns, and full of personal development opportunities.

Palo Alto, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

lot's of trips and perks

pay is low for a tech company internship

make sure to be yourself - the company loves to help people come into their own

Advice to Management

be proactive about addressing people's concerns at a more personal/individual level, and following up

they were all situational, and about my resume specifically. "what's a project you've lead", "do you have interest in working in this field out of school" etc.