Intern at KPCB Fellows Program? Submit a Review

I can't recommend this program highly enough.

94306, CA | August 2017 | CURRENT INTERN

I came into this program somewhat jaded to be honest, having been immersed in the Silicon Valley/startup culture for a while as a student attending school in the Bay Area. This program, however, gives you a community of really awesome and brilliant people who want to get to know each other (and be friends, not network additions)-- in addition to the set of interesting engineering challenges you'll be tackling at a KPCB portfolio company. Some of the events officially hosted by the fellows programs include the "usual" fancy dining with high-profile speakers like the chair of KPCB and startup founders, kayaking, paintball, sailing, etc., and there were also a plethora of low-key events/hangouts planned by the fellows themselves. This was truly an amazing summer.

Honestly, there were no downers but apparently I need to write at least ten words for this section.

Comments

I, like many other KP fellows I've talked to, would personally go out of my way to help someone in the KP family. If you get in, definitely take the opportunity!

Amazing :)

San Francisco, CA | August 2017 | FORMER INTERN

Amazing perks, amazing fellows, and lots of opportunities to meet great amazing people.

No downers to be sure -- there were 10+ events throughout the summer and of course it would have been awesome to have more, but outside that nothing.

Comments

Make sure to apply and work hard on your initial application and on doing all your semi-finalist interviews well.

Learning opportunity beyond compare

San Carlos, CA | August 2017 | CURRENT INTERN

Design council dinner with design and technology industry leaders, numerous events with high profile investors, forecasters, and professionals, an unparalleled group of people.

This internship was great! Can't think of any real downsides!

Comments

Work hard on your applications and cast a wide net—try again if you aren't selected the first time you apply.

Fantastic Summer

CA | August 2017 | CURRENT INTERN

Had a fantastic group of the most talented engineers, designers, product managers across the U.S. Highly selective, quite probably the most prestigious internship.

Group was slightly large it seemed this iteration, wasn't able to get to know everyone. Talks seemed to get repetitive. Want to do action rather than talk about action.

Comments

Be yourself, be honest, do meaningful work. Come in open-minded and get to know everyone.

Great program and awesome stucture

San Francisco, CA | August 2017 | CURRENT INTERN

Great speakers, social events, friendship and overall structure of the event

Large program, it was hard to know everyone since there were simply too many fellows.

Comments

Try to be enthusiastic in the interviews and keep an open mind!

Community and 1 of a Kind Experience

San Francisco, CA | August 2017 | CURRENT INTERN

Great group of varied people (engineers, designers, and product people of all backgrounds) and awesome events. We got advice from highly accomplished speakers who really cared about us as a group, and we had a bunch of just-for-fun events that helped us bond. The startups and companies we worked for were all very exciting, and the support from KPCB was phenomenal.

Wish we had started events earlier and ended them later ;)

Comments

If you are an engineer, definitely do the optional coding challenge, and try to work on some side projects. The recruitment process is long (as you interview with both KPCB and the companies) but very much worth it.

Perfect summer experience

San Francisco, CA | August 2017 | FORMER INTERN

- Great community of high-achieving, humble individuals
- Amazing events with accomplished, helpful people

- It would have been nice if there were more organized social events

Comments

It is one of the best summer internship experiences in the Bay Area! Make sure your values align with the program's values.

San Francisco, CA | August 2017 | FORMER INTERN

Got the chance to meet some of the most influential and smartest people in tech.

The program should be longer because of how great it is.

Comments

If you want to connect with other entrepreneurial students and graduates from across the country, work at some of the most innovative startups in tech, and meet some of the most influential people in the Valley, this is the perfect internship for you.

11/10

San Francisco, CA | August 2017 | CURRENT INTERN

Natalie, Andy and the whole KP team stopped at nothing to make sure everyone in the program had the most unforgettable and enriching internship experience of their lives.

I have nothing even remotely bad to say about this program, it's fantastic.

Comments

One of the most important things you can bring to KP and the Fellows program is a demonstrated respect for the values they hold as a firm.

2017 KPCB Engineering Fellow

Sf, CA | August 2017 | CURRENT INTERN

I would summarize my experience as "the best summer with the best people". The Fellows are genuinely so energetic and interested in meeting and learning from one another. The community is also very diverse, with a wide variety of schools, hometowns, ethnicities, hobbies, etc represented. Andy and Natalie, who spearhead the program, have unique gifts for finding talented students and putting them in groups where they will inspire each other. They are also amazing mentors who will help you better understand your strengths and weaknesses and push you to grow.

The KPCB Partners and CEOs who are involved with the events were all incredibly giving with their time, whether it was John Doerr staying late to answer everyone's questions at his Chalk Talk, or Juliet de Baubigny and the other female leaders at the Women in Tech dinner who gave meaningful & personalized advice.

Lastly, everyone in the program loved their internships. The companies who participate are all hand vetted to ensure that challenging projects are given to the Fellows and that amazing mentors are there to teach them. I am so grateful to have had this opportunity - you won't regret applying!

I wish the program were longer and would love to have an event with Andy and Natalie as the speakers :)

Comments

The amazing thing about the Fellowship is that goes beyond just one summer. The KPCB Fellows Alumni is a tight knit group of leaders and creators across all types of companies, and the end of the Fellowship program, as Natalie put it, "is not a goodbye but a new beginning". The Fellows are very entrepreneurial, and many have gone on to start or grow businesses with each other. You can often find Fellows teaming up on side projects, discussing new technologies, or just hanging out after work together. We're truly a family!