Intern at KPCB Fellows Program? Submit a Review

Most amazing and interesting experience of my life to date.

Redwood City, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I work with and get to network with are among the smartest and most successful people in Silicon Valley. I'm at a startup that is preparing to launch to thousands of users, and I've gotten to see the entire process from a marketing and product standpoint to an engineering standpoint. The pay is great, the work is rewarding, the program gives you the necessary connections to be successful later on in life.

Some of the events conflicted with my work schedule.

Embrace silicon valley and all the people you will meet.

Advice to Management

Management was great.

Hard technical questions, the program has a 2 percent acceptance rate.

Once in a lifetime networking, leadership, and personally growth experience.

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting the top executive, venture capitalists, and entrepreneurs in the world.

Nothing - just would've preferred even more of the amazing things that were already offered.

If you're looking to be really inspired by the true leaders and movers in silicon valley, take the KPCB Fellowship.

Worked on challenging and impactful projects that affects hundreds of millions of end users. Gained insight and advice from industry leaders

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

- I worked on challenging projects that affects hundreds of millions of end users.

- Numerous talks of industry leaders

- Social events such as kayaking, paintball games, and sailing.

It's hard to say what I didn't like about the internship. Due to the nature of startup, there was a steep learning curve.

If you are looking for a place where your work is very meaningful, you are looking at the right place. Be aware that it is going to be challenging.

Advice to Management

Management can work on diversity of employee especially on the engineering side.

Screening: Applicants need to send a coding sample along with resume.

First round: There is a semi-technical phone interview after screening.

Second round: The third round was typical coding interview.

Immersive and Life Changing Summer in the Silicon Valley

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting brilliant students from all over the nation. Additionally, interacting and having meaningful conversations with KPCB partners is so cool. We also get to do a ton of cool activities like kayaking and sailing.

There is nothing I do not like about this program.

Have a conversation with every person in the program. Everyone has a fascinating story.

Meet and network with some of the smartest mentors in the Silicon Valley

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The resources that were given to us.

Nothing! Everything was amazing.

Show an entrepreneurial spirt as well as strength in Product, Design or Engineering.

Make meaningful impact on the company while meeting leaders of the industry

- We wrote code that pushed to production on week 1

- There was a lot of independence with our work. Whenever we had an idea, we were free to code it up.

- Really thorough code reviews. I learned so much about code quality and good software engineering practices.

- Through KPCB, we attended events with leaders of the industry (like the CFO of Uber) and got to pick their minds.

- We met a TON of smart people, both in the fellowship program and out.

- Through KPCB's fellowship program, I interned at Airbnb. Airbnb is an incredible company that focuses a lot on discrimination and inclusion in their workplace culture. At Airbnb I felt like I could express any opinion without being criticized for it.

- The worst part about doing a software engineering internship is that sometimes I feel like I'm destroying my health by staring at a computer screen for 8 hours at a time, while sitting down on a not-so-ergonomic chair. I wish the internship incorporated more projects where I could talk to people and not have to stare at a screen.

KPCB has the best resources in the valley. It also has the smartest people in the world. As far as working in the tech industry, there is really no better company in terms of technical bar, diversity of ideas and people, and a feeling of inclusion than Airbnb. In my 3 months here, only a single engineer has left the company (to do his own startup) out of the 500 engineers here. That is really telling about how strong the employees feel about the product and how much they believe in the mission (to let anyone belong anywhere).

Advice to Management

One nit: make the pay at Airbnb salaried instead of hourly. Sometimes I felt pressured to stay and work longer hours so I could earn more money. Sometimes I had to leave early from work at Airbnb to attend KPCB events, and I was not paid for those hours.

- Pretend you are teaching a class in which the students are required to write essays. Design software to catch plagarism.

Amazing People, Challenging Problems, and Lots of Coffee

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was amazing working with such talented folks!

Everything was pretty great, maybe the commute

Be sure to review your data structures before the interview and make sure you know what you want to do here.

Legit

The rate of learning.

It's in SF and housing is ridiculously expensive. I end up reading research papers on bart though, so it's pretty good.

Definitely do KPCB and whatever portfolio company you get. It's honestly the best program out there.

Crash course webdev -> amazing features that merchants love

Food was amazing

Work was quite varied, I learned a lot

Got overtime pay

Almost too much work. Also having to be hourly. And only 2 small intern events. Some other companies have more events in a week than we will have the entire internship :/

Have fun, be brave, and make sure to always enjoy your work while making things that will have external effects.

Advice to Management

Need higher compensation

Need more swag

Keep the food, it's great

Need more intern events

Best Internship in Silicon Valley

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing talks with their partners, Awesome networking events, great career guidance and advice

Not sure if I like software engineering

Definitely talk to the internship directors, Justin and Natalie. They'll help you see if you're a good fit.