Intern at KPCB Fellows Program? Submit a Review

Best Summer Ever

September 2017 | FORMER INTERN

Meeting incredible and talented individuals who are all passionate about learning and innovating.
The amazing events that were hosted by some of the top executives and VCs in Silicon Valley.
The opportunity to work at one of the best companies in the world.

Honestly, just the fact that it only lasted 2 months and couldn't be longer!

Comments

Be motivated, quirky, smart, and have fun with the interview process. If you get in it'll be one of the best things that have happened to you, but if not don't worry about it!

Work becomes play, friends become family

San Francisco, CA | September 2017 | FORMER INTERN

- Be inspired after hearing from the most brilliant people in Silicon Valley.
- Find lifelong friends in the other fellows from around the world.
- Become a better engineer, designer, or PM at your portfolio company.
- Partake in amazing events like paintball, kayaking, and sailing out to and dining on an island.

- That the internship was only three months long.
- Seriously though, I can't think of any downers.

Comments

The KPCB fellows program was a life-changing experience and I would highly recommend this program to anyone and everyone. Because by the end of it, you become so awe-inspired by leaders in the industry and colleagues and fellow fellows that you won't approach life the same way.

Best opportunity to grow your career

CA | September 2017 | FORMER INTERN

The KPCB Fellows program is an incredible opportunity to grow your career, be connected to an incredible network and learn more about technology and start ups. It is efficiently run, and KP puts a lot of time, effort and money into making this an incredible experience. Nathalie and Andy do a fantastic job making sure it's an excellent experience and help you make the most of living in SF and working at a KP company. The experience continues after the program, as they continue to connect you with jobs and help you stay friends with the other fellows and fellows from previous years. I am so honored to have been a part of this program, and highly recommend it to anyone who wants to build a career in technology.

You have to apply to get into the program and then still be given a job offer from one of the companies, so you might not get your first pick since they can only take so many interns. But all the companies are really great, and it's worth it to be a part of the KP network.

Comments

You should definitely apply, even if you think you're not qualified. It can be intimidating because there are a lot of intimidating people on their site, but diversity is really important to Kleiner Perkins and so they welcome people from all schools (even the non Ivy Leagues!) and backgrounds. Just fill out the application and see what happens, I promise it's worth it!

Great Opportunity

San Francisco | September 2017 | FORMER INTERN

- You meet great people and learn about their experience in their respective companies
- The speakers are really good and the program is small enough that you can easily get your questions answered
- The social events are a lot of fun and everyone is really open
- The companies in KPCB's portfolio are really really great companies to work at

- I wish there would have more technical talks for engineers

Comments

Definitely apply! It's definitely one of the best intern programs out there. You won't regret it :)

BEST PROGRAM IN THE HISTORY OF INTERNSHIP PROGRAMS

Redwood City, CA | September 2017 | FORMER INTERN

- Once you're a KPCB Fellow, you're in the KP family forever
- The most inspiring speaker events
- Fun events like paintball, sailing, and kayaking to bond with other fellows
- Amazing network of people who will go on to change the world
- Unique startup experience (every company in the portfolio is different)
- Natalie (she coordinates the program and is truly awesome)
- Ending the summer with the feeling that anything is possible

- I wish housing was coordinated through KPCB, so more of the fellows could live together and get to know each other even better (there was a small divide between people that lived in the city and south bay). If I could go back, I would live in the city and just have a longer work commute to south bay.
- The summer goes by way too fast :(

Comments

Take every opportunity to attend tech events (both hosted by KPCB and other organizations) and try to build relationships with as many fellows as possible. Also, let your entrepreneurial spirit shine through during the interview process; that seemed to be one of the major common threads among the people in the program.

Great program!

September 2017 | CURRENT INTERN

Exposure to inspiring speakers, a passionate and talented network, lots of food and fun, great support system.

Large class size prevents everyone from knowing everyone else, and some dissonance between fellows in SF and fellows outside of SF. There seems to be some gaps in how well fellows get paid depending on roles and companies, wish KPCB could somehow monitor this to a certain degree.

Comments

Be genuine and thorough in your application and stay curious! It's a great opportunity to meet new people and learn a ton. The summer goes by very quickly.

KPCB Product Fellow

San Francisco, CA | September 2017 | CURRENT INTERN

The KPCB Product program gave me the opportunity not only to work as a product manager at Uber as part of the APM program, but also gave me a network of like-minded peers and established veterans in the industry, which is invaluable to me as a I begin my career.

There truly was no downer for me, I've loved the KPCB community, my job, and the events!

Comments

The KPCB program is really about the community. Show that you're invested in making friendships and giving back to the community, and not just that you'd be competent at the job (though you should do that as well!)

Unparalleled Internship Opportunity

San Francisco, CA | September 2017 | FORMER INTERN

- access to KPCB-backed startups, many of which are doing really cool things and I wouldn't have heard about outside of this program
- motivated + passionate fellows who become close friends
- inspiring talks from prominent VCs and founders
- super fun events!! (think paintball and sailing)

class is pretty large -- there were quite a few I didn't get to meet, and at talks the speaker would often get quickly mobbed by all the people who wanted to talk to them

Comments

- be genuine about what you care about -- your personal statement is all that portfolio companies may see, so it helps you in getting matched
- you can totally reach out to companies outside of the process as well, and if you get an offer you'll still be in the KPCB program
- do it!!! there's really no other program like this out there

A truly quality bonus to summer

San Francisco, CA | September 2017 | CURRENT INTERN

Great events, people, and conversations. It was splendid getting to know so many other enthusiastic entrepreneurs!

I felt as though i didn't get to meet everyone by the end of the summer- perhaps there could be a smaller group, or more team-building events.

Comments

Make sure to do the coding challenge, and pay attention to the application- they want to see how you're thinking about the future.

Love

San Francisco, CA | September 2017 | CURRENT INTERN

I came into the summer kind of cynical, expecting that it'd be a real-life version of HBO's Silicon Valley. However, I was surprised by how genuine, caring, and fun the other fellows are, as well as unusually well-rounded and driven. I made some lifelong friends, laughed every day with the other Fellows at my internship, and gained perspectives on the different career paths and companies that are out there. Highly recommend!!

Might've been nice if there were fewer Fellows, but it was also nice to have a lot of different people to meet.

Comments

KPCB made this the best summer of my life, hands down.