Intern at Ellucian Internship Program? Submit a Review

Great time working on a real product

Reston, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to meet with executives - Reston is a HQ office.
Great location
Real projects

I'd love to have a bit more exposure to different teams in Ellucian

I wish I knew the tech tool my team was using beforehand. Familiarize yourself with those to have a smooth start. Otherwise - learn 4-5 different new tools in 3-4 days...

Tell about you personal projects
What books do you read?
What hobbies do you have?

Very Good Opportunity to get a Good Career

Nashville, TN | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learn More About IT

I like everything.

Grab this opportunity, this will help you in your carrer

Advice to Management

Full time opportunity for Intern

My past work experience

Best Experience to Transition from Textbook Knowledge to Real World Application

Reston, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people, Stimulating projects, nice work environment, enjoyable interns activities and great overall internship program.

the project fair board. It would be nice if we had to present via presentations.

Get ready to learn new tools/technologies/languages that is completely different from college classes.

Most Valuable Learning Experience with the Best Talented Group of People

Reston, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were meeting with executives, attending intern workshops that worked on developing our skills as professionals, and working on projects that really will be used in the future at Ellucian.

The first two weeks of the internship were hard because we had to learn all the tools and put together large chunks of information that we received, some information we didn't understand but had to take in account when starting our projects, so I guess onboarding was hard to adjust to but put together nicely enough for us to start working on something.

The organization has many teams and various positions that any type of person could fit into, it doesn't only have to be Computer Science, you could also have a degree in another field as long as you had the experience, talent, skills, and strong work ethic to learn new concepts.

Advice to Management

The organization is already the best place to work for me because the people here are very nice, friendly, positive, and supporting.

React.js for Dummies

Rochester, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning React.js from scratch with no prior experience, and creating a SPA to exhibit this summer's work. Also, defining a workflow/process for others to follow when developing in React.js to mimic how your work was implemented.

Our mentors were in Bangalore which made communication and collaboration more difficult.

Be assertive. You will get out as much as you put into this internship. Focus on your work but make sure to create and manage relationships in the workplace.

Stepping out of your comfort zone.

Reston, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to interact with people in other departments.

Sometimes there wouldn't be enough work to do.

Take advantage of the open space and network.

Best learning experience with the best people to work with

Reston, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were to meet company executives, work on projects that have a real purpose, learning new software technologies and computer languages I never got experienced working with before, and attending intern workshops and events to grow my network and have fun while working.

The least thing I liked about the internship was we were stuck in one team with one project. I would have liked the internship program to include times where the interns got to work cross functionally and see what other teams and products ellucian has to offer (not the whole process but just a small glimpse to get a better understanding of how their work contributes to the whole outlook of things at ellucian).

I wish I would have known more about all the different products ellucian has instead of only the one I am currently working on to better grasp the whole picture and how the different environments work together and how they affect each other.

Advice to Management

Ellucian is already a great place to work at! However, I would recommend that the training we received on the first day of work (orientation) should be turned into handouts or modules on acheive that we should be required to do before we start the first day (maybe release them a week prior over email to upcoming interns) so we can be better prepared on the first day on the job and know exactly what to expect to avoid any surprises.

What kinds of environments and languages are you used to working in?

Are you capable of learning new information and software tools quickly and effectively?

Have you ever had experience working in an agile team environment?

Do you know any Ellucian products that are being used in universities that you know of?

Awesome

Fairfax, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Career development training and workshops

Kind of old technology, but there are lots of potential by continuing hiring great young talent

Abcdefghijk

Advice to Management

Compensation can be more competitive with other companies. Make the interview more competitive - more than just behavioral.

It was a great experience. Not only did I learn a lot, I was exposed to Senior Leadership and became a full time employee after graduation.

Fairfax, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real life experience

From NJ had to find a summer place

Pick an internship that will give you real life experience

Advice to Management

Keep offering internship programs. They give you access to young, cheap talent that you can groom.

It was to long ago to remember. My interview was March 2014.

Growing Together

Orlando, FL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility in hours. They really worked around my schooling, and provided many opportunities to learn.

At times management was hard to reach/not present. Although, that has improved significantly now.

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable. Ellucian allows you to grow in many positive ways, and it will put you on the spot.

What Ellucian values resonate most with you and why? Why do you want to work in Higher Education?