Intern at Ellucian Internship Program? Submit a Review

JavaScript

awesome

learning and have fun

nothing much

work hard and learn hard

Project Work at its Finest

Mentor, Office space, Company events, Program

N/A, N/A, N/A

You will learn many things here!

A perfect summer interning at ellucian

Reston, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt as though i provided value to the company, i felt respected by my peers and team-mates. I was gaining a plethora of knowledge about software development in the work force, as well as many valuable connections.The schedule is extremely flexible as well.

I can't really decide on a number one con for the internship.

Ellucian has some fantastic values that you should not just take for granted. You should take a close look at the Ellucian page and what those values are, and think about that when looking at other companies as well to determine if you would enjoy the type of people within the company.

Advice to Management

More scheduled time to explore other teams or managers within the company outside of the one you are assigned to.

Man Automates Test Cases

Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Salary, always having work to do

Work was repetitive

People are more approachable than I thought

When was a time you provided emotional support to a freshman you tutored?

You are going to be a fellow employee and learn to appreciate the hard work, dedication, and collaboration that goes on to make work fun!

Fairfax, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexibility and support of management

The difficulty of receiving challenging work

Expect to take initiative in any work you wish to participate in, otherwise you may not get noticed.

Leading higher-ed software paid internship geared to support your career goals

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work environment created by the amazing people!

The commute, traveling in rush-hour is always a bummer but it was worth it!

Networking is an ongoing process and it's very important for keeping options open for the future. You're looking for ways to distinguish yourself from other job applicants in the future and a recommendation/seal of approval from a manager or trusted colleague is one of the best ways to get your foot in the door.

What do you know about Ellucian and what made you interested/how'd you find out about the job?
What do you see yourself doing in five years?
Where have you ran into problems (with a previous job) and what did you do that was helpful in solving said problems?

Not and intern but an employee.

Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

You receive very important task to work on.

Even tho I received important work I did not received work that I truly enjoy.

I believe that I was well informed before I started

Amazing internship to learn and grow as a developer

Rochester, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning new things, getting to work on cool and relevant projects

Being stuck on projects with no guidance

How to work on a scrum team

Advice to Management

You're perfect, this internship is great. Thanks!

Asked me about my personal projects, and asked me to explain how they work from a high level perspective

Opportunity to gain hands on, real world experience while having fun and growing your professional network.

Orlando, FL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Free food, opportunities to meet company executives, forming friendships with my fellow interns, and working on projects that give me valuable experience.

Being in charge of the office seating chart.

I wish the job description would have been more detailed because I wasn't sure exactly what projects I would be working on, just a broad idea of the topic. I also wish I had known what departments were located in each office location.

Advice to Management

I think the CHASE program can get a bad reputation in the Maitland office because of how much special treatment they get. I think all employees should be given Ellucian notebooks, mugs, etc. so they all feel valued by the company. I also think all employees should get Ellucian dress shirts and polos so they look professional and represent the company well when they go on client sites. I also think the company could have told us more information about the different locations up front. Like how Maitland is professional services, Reston is HQ/HR/Finance, Malvern is IT, etc. They also should have given us a more in depth background to the higher education industry and how Ellucian works with clients.

They asked some specific questions about the experiences on my resume. Asked about my short and long term goals. Asked if in a large room I more naturally gravitate to the front (extrovert) or hide in the corner (introvert).