Intern at Comcast/NBCUniversal Comcast Center Internship Program? Submit a Review

Comcast Internship Program: Big Company, Unlimited Opportunities

Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked for, the cross functionality of the department, and the opportunities that were presented outside of the department to grow my network throughout the company.

I didn't like how little the interns had a chance to network with each other. We only had a few events together toward the beginning and I wish I got to know fellow interns better.

Before starting, I wish I knew how big Comcast actually is. It isn't easy to get data you need if it comes from a different department, and meeting up with people is harder than it seems. Comcast is a huge organization and it is important to realize people you need to work with can and will be located all throughout the country.

Advice to Management

I wish interns had 1-2 days of PTO.

"Can you walk me through a time where you used big data to tell a story at a high level?"

Great government affairs/lobbying internship in DC with great pay & culture

Washington, DC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, perks, office culture, networking opportunities, investment in interns

We are separated from the HQ office in Philadelphia, but they do try to replicate many of the experiences for interns in DC.

I wish I better understood the expansive nature of the Comcast business-- from NBC to Comcast Cable, etc. It is vital to at least my position in communications to understand how our businesses function and integrate with one another.

What about Comcast interests you?

Great Internship with an Industry Giant and Philadelphia Institution

Networking

My Commute

Be ready to work hard

Calder cup trophy winner

Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hands on experience of the day to day work in tax is great. Management is easy to go to and are very helpful.

File Room activity

Be more active in talking to upper management, as well as, your coworkers.

Advice to Management

Training was a little hectic at times, kind of a trial and error approach which helps remember the mistakes you make and how to do the right thing. However sometimes that may take a little extra time.

Do not remember

My Summer at Comcast: a place I grew through building a strong network of connections and determining my passions

Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

hands-on experience, working with top leadership, influencing major decisions, having my opinions valued by my bosses, being able to learn and shadow other departments, networking, being in Philadelphia, working in a corporate headquarters environment that is still extremely innovative, being exposed to other Comcast companies (such as NBCUniversal), traveling to meet with other partners (i.e. Medallia in San Mateo, CA)

I wish I had an official offer in writing following the internship program. My supervisor and I have talked about me returning post-grad, but they cannot put it in writing yet.

I was scared that Comcast would be a traditional corporate environment without a strong emphasis on initiatives for tomorrow. I could not have been more wrong. Comcast is one of the most innovative, forward thinking companies I have ever worked for, and they truly value the opinions of all their employees and what they want to see happen in the future. One of the lines that sticks out to me the most is, "We want to treat our employees like our customers, and our customers like our employees." Comcast's Customer Experience team has taught me more than I could have ever imagined, and has set me on my way to a brighter future than before I had met them.

Advice to Management

In terms of our internship program, I wish they gave out more official offers at the end of the summer as opposed to once we are already back at school.

1. How are you innovative?
2. What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?
3. What is an obstacle you had to overcome?

Perfect real time experience

Structure, Mentor-ship, exposure and opportunities

Nothing that I did not like

There is lot of flexibility and open opportunities to learn. It is all up to us to take that leap and go forward.

Best Internship Ever

Felt empowered

Bureaucracy

N/A - Non applicable

Advice to Management

better compensation

Eye opening and amazing experience/ company to be apart of.

Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed working with my team. They were all so welcoming and helpful. It really surprised me just how much responsibility they gave me even only one week into my experience. I also think the networking opportunities at Comcast are unlike any other i have ever experienced. Everyone is willing to meet with you and help you in anyway that they can. And lastly the mentor program is amazing and i'm so happy Comcast has a program like it.

Honestly there is nothing that I didn't like about my internship experience or would change.

Meet as many people as you can while at Comcast. Never be afraid to reach out to anyone at Comcast. Everyone wants you to succeed and help you if you just ask and speak up.

Advice to Management

Maybe just to let intern know more in advance about intern event or when things are due.

Why do you want to intern at Comcast?

An amazing experience to be a leader.

Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Got to influence a lot of people, add value to the company, and make important decisions. I also learned how to manage an agency and start a project from scratch.

I can't think of anything negative because the program was run so well.

I think it's really important to start networking right from the beginning and get to know as many people as possible. Also, there are opportunities to learn about other departments and projects aside from your main project.

Advice to Management

I think the one thing I've noticed that could be better is keeping meetings to run on time. From what I've noticed, people will talk past the meeting time, making them later for other meetings. It would be more efficient if the time allotted was longer.

What would you say is your biggest strength?
Talk about your prior internship experience.
Talk about a time when you had a challenge and overcame it.
Talk about a time when you had to work in a team.

Learning the Technical Components of Campaign Creation and Management and the Technology of the Hospitality Industry

Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

For the first two weeks, my manager sat down with me everyday and gave me an hour lesson on Comcast, our department, and our products/practices. Some of it didn't directly relate to me, but I am grateful to have the background knowledge when in conversations that speak a little more holistically about the company - she gave me a great foundation. I also loved networking with different people across departments and hearing about their Comcast experience. Comcast reminds me a lot of a corporate version of my university, which was both comforting and inspiring.

I didn't attend as many meetings as I would have liked to, but that's also my fault for not initiating an invitation.

I wish I would have known that people are much friendlier and more willing to help here than you would expect; people seriously do have time to be kind. I always felt like a bother when asking for directions or which elevator to take, but I never experienced anyone who didn't help me and then initiate a nice conversation afterwards. Asking for help is a sign that you are willing to learn and be exposed to new things, and people are willing to take the time to show you here.

Advice to Management

Place at least two interns together in a seating arrangement, if possible. I felt weeks ahead of another intern who eventually got moved into the intern room because two co-ops who had been there for a month before me told me everything I needed to do and set up. The other intern was a little behind because no one told her the tedious things, like printing, that she needed to set up. People figure more things out and share more knowledge in pairs or groups.

Describe a time you prepared adequately, but the plan didn't work and how you responded.
Describe what sets you apart from other interns.