HP Intern Program - Americas

VAULT RANKINGS >> #35 Best Overall Internships

Internship Provides Education and Resources to Budding Business Leaders
Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was allowed to study abroad in Australia and work remotely for my U.S. manager from an HP office in Australia. It was amazing to meet other HP employees in a different group & country. I have tremendous flexibility in my working hours, whether I want to work from home or not, and my time off.

Sometimes it's pretty vague what I'm responsible for, which results in some miscommunication and a little extra work once in a while. The internship is almost like a job share in some functions which can be pretty annoying and a little counterproductive.

Best business experience you could ever receive. The pay is excellent, and the management is VERY willing to work with you on any ideas you have. In the business departments, interns have very high exposure to top management.

What was your favorite subject in school?

What was a time you were under pressure and how did you handle that situation?

What would you like to do?

Advice to Management

There was a bit of a kerfuffle because one intern was getting paid four or five dollars an hour OVER what the other interns in the same department, on the same team were making. I would just say, pay everyone fairly. We all get paid really well, but it doesn't feel good to do a lot of great work and feel invested in the team to learn you are not as valuable as another intern of the exact same circumstances (Marketing, year in school, time at HP, etc). Not really about the money, just the principle of the thing.

Fantastic personal and professional growth experience.
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to put to practical use what I've learned at university, as well as the many intern activities.

The on-boarding process, especially with regards to getting in the Payroll system, was painful.

Be sure to take immediate advantage of every offered benefit, such as health care, employee purchase program, R&D instructional/informational seminars, and free large-scale printing.

What was my experience with databases?

Would I be willing to work on projects somewhat but less related to my field of study (computer science)?

Advice to Management

HP really needs on-site Human Resources and Payroll representatives, in the same way that they have on-site IT personnel.

awesome
Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

learn and improve experience

experience

experience

what are you studying ?

Advice to Management

clima laboral

Great professional experience. I learned so much about working in a corporate environment.
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real world experience in my area of interest. Interesting applicable project that will have a lasting effect after I leave the program. Great mentor, who is willing to answer all questions and give clear advice. Final showcase for project with the ability to network with other interns and employees.

Intern coordinators not very approachable and caught up in over organizing intern events.

very fun and challenging project
Mountain View, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

challenging project

admin part, have to figure out my benefits my own, otherwise, I may lose them

apply early, manage the process, otherwise, nobody can manage it for you.

Advice to Management

make a check or todo list for interns, what kind of forms they need to fill up during the whole process. especially for intern benefits

Broaden your horizons in an inclusive and well-planned HP summer internship.
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were getting the chance to meet with influential figures within HP, being challenged in friendly competitions, and learning beyond what school can teach you.

There is absolutely nothing I disliked about my internship.

HP Thin Clients GBU is the most welcoming and open minded team I have ever met. Even with little technical knowledge, the team is able to educate you and encourage you to reach your maximum potential.

How does your major apply to the role you are applying for?

What are your strengths/weaknesses?

Why this role?

Advice to Management

It would be nice to be able to interact with different groups within HP.

this is what i expected
Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

every day i learn somenthing new

it could be streesfull

this real job , you had to do win to win stuff

how you expect your life in the next 5 years

Advice to Management

clear the path to the next promotions

The best work experience ever
Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Friendly coworkers, nice working environment and lot of things to learn and enjoy about work in here.

Nothing, I really like working in here as the way it is.

Don't be nervous at the moment of the interview, the interviewers are very nice and friendly and is better to concentrate yourself in show that your the best candidate.

- Some friendly questions about your hobbies or your interests in English to hear your fluency to speak English.

- In my case questions about consultations and syntax in mySql

Advice to Management

A little bit more of training new employees before to start working.

N/A
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I get to work with! I have the best boss and coworkers! Everyone is so friendly and more than willing to help if you need it - you just have to ask. People are also very willing to sit down with the interns over lunch or a short meeting to discuss what they do so the interns can get a better look into other parts of the business.

I haven't disliked anything yet

Do your research on the company before the interview - and be ready to learn if you get the position. Expect to be confused about the business for the first few months - it's normal. But you will learn more than you can imagine.

Great learning experience or software engineer intern at HP.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Got to learn several programming languages (javascript, jquery, python)

- Very flexible hours and understanding coworkers

- A lot of help from coworkers

- Great learning experience for real life work

- Not sure there was anything in particular that I disliked.

- Make sure to keep an open mind to any learning opportunities that come your way

- It may seem beyond what you know but in computer science its possible to teach yourself almost everything

- Make sure that you get along well with others