4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 772 Intern Reviews)

N/A
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I get to work with! I have the best boss and coworkers! Everyone is so friendly and more than willing to help if you need it - you just have to ask. People are also very willing to sit down with the interns over lunch or a short meeting to discuss what they do so the interns can get a better look into other parts of the business.

I haven't disliked anything yet

Do your research on the company before the interview - and be ready to learn if you get the position. Expect to be confused about the business for the first few months - it's normal. But you will learn more than you can imagine.

Great company to work and if I have the opportunity still work here.
Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting Experience to increase my own skills and good work environment.

The priority that the company give to us, I feeling comfortable working here.

Great work team and Finish with my assignments when it's required.

- Which was my career experience?

- Why I want to work in this company?

- Which is my purpose in this company?

Learning never stops in a diverse organization like HP
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great Team

Healthy Discussions

Working in an environment where product goals are not absolutely clear.

I wanted a UX mentor. I was the only UX member on the team.

If you get a chance access the available knowledge resources at HP

A fast paced, design engineer internship where I was able to stretch my creativity and engineering skills on inket high-speed printing
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Good pay, flexible hours, friendly coworkers, lots of resources

Spent a lot of time sitting in front of a computer

Awesome internship if you want great engineering experience/mentorship and you are okay sitting at a desk for long periods of time

Word problems, basic physics questions, need to know about gears, gravity and friction

Great internship at HP with nice co-workers, cozy working environment, and enomous employee benefits.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think that the best aspect of my internship is I can work flexibly.

The least I like about this internship is that there is not a good cafeteria onsite.

I think that the candidate should have some mathematical skills in order to obtain this internship.

HP was an incredible experience!
Vancouver | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part about the internship was learning about new technology and being a part of something that will be in the hands of many people in the future.

Nothing! It was such an incredible experience.

HP has to be one of the best places to work. The culture here is amazing.

Reverse a string in C

What is Polymorphism?

What is an interrupt?

Basicaly a lot of questions on C, and C++ with a few about Java.

Advice to Management

I have not been here long enough to comment on issues of compensation, employee retention, and promotion policies, but from the time I have spent here I think management is doing great.

A Company That Treats You Like Family and the Opportunity to do Great Things
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I love that I can walk up to anyone, literally anyone, and they'll be very willing to help me to whatever I need. I am allowed to create my own rules and not hold anything back. I am able to participate at a global level. I am trusted by my peers and my managers to do an exceptional job.

It is pretty disorganized. There aren't any clear goals, which is a pro and a con because you can make it your own but at the same time it is hard to really understand expectations.

It really is what you make of it, it can be the best thing ever or a really rough ride. make it what you will, but do everything well.

I could do this forever.
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to meet some great people through networking events and office chatting. I learned a lot about what it is like to work for an industry as opposed to acedemia. These past three months further strengthened my career choice. I truly do not feel like I worked even though I accomplished quite a bit. I also learned that working slowly but consistently is much more effective.

I had difficulty getting housing as many of the options given to me were unavailable for only 3 months. I ended up coming to the internship without housing for the first few days. I also had to get 3 offer letters because the first 2 were blank.

You will not regret a decision to join HP for your job. There is an element of freedom here and you are basically expected to do work. Coming a little late and working at different times is ok here. As an intern, I feel as though I learned many life skills in the past 3 months.

What would you do if you had data that needed to be secure and readily accessible?

Describe the basic elements of programming: Pointers, Data Types, recursion, etc.

Describe the basic ideals of programming: Coupling, Multithreading, synchronous vs asynchronous, etc

What have you done in computer science? Projects? Assignments? Classes?

Advice to Management

Since there was basically nothing that I disliked about my internship it is difficult to find things to improve. I do wish that it was made clear to me that there is a technical career path. I initially believed that to move up, you must go to management. As someone who likes doing technical things, this news was mindblowing.

HP helping develop future IT professionals
Little Rock, AR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The HP global environment

When first arrived the I did not have all my equipment necessary to start working

If you would like to travel around the world HP might just be the right place for you

Where do you see yourself in the future?

Advice to Management

I do not have anything bad to say about this Internship it has been a great experience

Ohio State Student Takes on Role of Assistant Account Executive and Learns How and Where the Hands Must Get Dirty
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was fantastic, over $20 an hour. Everyone from the bosses to the people you work daily with show you the utmost respect and value your opinions. You are giving many opportunities to showcase your talents and trusted with various projects that are actually beneficial to the team.

Sometimes I would get a task that was mundane, but it was a rarity. The only real con that happened on more than one occasion was I wouldn't have much to do. It wasn't the boss' fault that it was a slow week, but it would get boring on those rare occasions.

Don't think of HP as a computer company, they are so much more than that. Yes, they have jobs for people looking to develop software or hardware, but they also have a very big consulting department. Remember too that they look for all types of candidates, I am a finance major and was able to fill the role as a project analyst on a project they had.

Basic interview questions; ie: a time you struggled with someone and what you did about it, are you a leader or follower.

Advice to Management

It was all great.