Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

Awesome Hardware Research and Development Internship at HP

Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

There was never a dull moment, tons of interdisciplinary projects, very diverse skillsets working together

There was not a single bad aspect of the internship.

You need to have a firm grasp of your technical skills, but your interpersonal skills are just as important. Communication is key when working with teams on critical projects.

Tell me about a time you were in a leadership position and give me an example of a specific problem you encountered.

How do you deal with conflict?

Advice to Management

My management experiences thus far have been ideal.

This internship has allowed me to acheive my goals through empowerment and a great work/life balance.

Albuquerque, NM | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to control your path, full empowerment and responsibility for employees, a way to create my own schedule to keep a good life balance, and great pay with benefits.

nothing... it is everything I was hoping for

It isn't all about sales, it is about learning to find solutions. This company is very ethical and provides a opportunities that no other tech company can.

How good are you at managing your own time and business? // Are you self driven? // Are you compatible with an environment that is constantly changing?

Advice to Management

Training can be a little longer instead of the learn as you go approach, but that is minor.

A worthwhile project that has a good impact/

Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A Project that matters.

The commute.

Sign up! It's a great internship and you will learn a lot.

What makes internship in HP so appealing?

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Time flexibility, i can talk to my manager to chance my schedule if needed.

People are willing to help.

there is nothing to declare

there is nothing to add

there is only one that realy matters in this question:

"Do you intend to make this job your choice of carrer?"

Advice to Management

nothing to add

An excellent opportunity to learn many things.

Sao Paulo | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to learn in practice what you are studying at the university, and meet a lot of people.

I think the internship in HP, is being very important to me, and I can not complain about nothing, since the beginning I was very well received by my workmates, mainly by my manager, that helped me a lot, in all activities. The only thing that I can highlight in this question is: The HP it's a big company, there is a lot of areas, when I started work here, I felt a little bit lost, because HP have a lot of information. So I think that HP can improve this situation, but the rest are perfect.

The candidate can be sure, that HP is a great company to do your internship, here you can learn too much, and the HP is open to invest in your potential, the company trust in your potential. Here you have a good relation with your manager, or who you are report for. You will have here, a good plan to your career , and to your future.

What do you like to do in your free time?

Why you want work to HP?

What is your former experience?

Advice to Management

HP is very flexible, I can not complain about nothing, the work place is very nice. There is a lot of program to all employees, we feel that HP want to maintain your employee here, want that your employee be happy not just inside of the company, but in you whole life.

High-impact autonomous business development opportunity with resources and support to complete the project.

Mentorship, Resources, High-impact project

Haven't identified any cons.

Incredible real-life projects make this internship worthwhile.

NA

Advice to Management

NA

Great internship at HP with nice co-workers, cozy working environment, and enomous employee benefits.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think that the best aspect of my internship is I can work flexibly.

The least I like about this internship is that there is not a good cafeteria onsite.

I think that the candidate should have some mathematical skills in order to obtain this internship.

My work here matters.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great environment, fun and not boring work, great pay, sharp people to work around, endless resources for continued development

lack of more structured training

To be professional in all that you do at work. I think some interns feel that only some work needs to be done as professional as possible when it all should be done this way.

Advice to Management

The only thing I think could be improved would be a more structured form of training.

work and job, for will be the best

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

benefice of the organization

is paid

I learn so much

i have a possibility to grow up

nothing, i like everything

this organization is de best and i will continue work here

Fantastic personal and professional growth experience.

Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to put to practical use what I've learned at university, as well as the many intern activities.

The on-boarding process, especially with regards to getting in the Payroll system, was painful.

Be sure to take immediate advantage of every offered benefit, such as health care, employee purchase program, R&D instructional/informational seminars, and free large-scale printing.

What was my experience with databases?

Would I be willing to work on projects somewhat but less related to my field of study (computer science)?

Advice to Management

HP really needs on-site Human Resources and Payroll representatives, in the same way that they have on-site IT personnel.