Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

Broaden your horizons in an inclusive and well-planned HP summer internship.

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were getting the chance to meet with influential figures within HP, being challenged in friendly competitions, and learning beyond what school can teach you.

There is absolutely nothing I disliked about my internship.

HP Thin Clients GBU is the most welcoming and open minded team I have ever met. Even with little technical knowledge, the team is able to educate you and encourage you to reach your maximum potential.

How does your major apply to the role you are applying for?

What are your strengths/weaknesses?

Why this role?

Advice to Management

It would be nice to be able to interact with different groups within HP.

this is what i expected

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

every day i learn somenthing new

it could be streesfull

this real job , you had to do win to win stuff

how you expect your life in the next 5 years

Advice to Management

clear the path to the next promotions

Ohio State Student Takes on Role of Assistant Account Executive and Learns How and Where the Hands Must Get Dirty

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was fantastic, over $20 an hour. Everyone from the bosses to the people you work daily with show you the utmost respect and value your opinions. You are giving many opportunities to showcase your talents and trusted with various projects that are actually beneficial to the team.

Sometimes I would get a task that was mundane, but it was a rarity. The only real con that happened on more than one occasion was I wouldn't have much to do. It wasn't the boss' fault that it was a slow week, but it would get boring on those rare occasions.

Don't think of HP as a computer company, they are so much more than that. Yes, they have jobs for people looking to develop software or hardware, but they also have a very big consulting department. Remember too that they look for all types of candidates, I am a finance major and was able to fill the role as a project analyst on a project they had.

Basic interview questions; ie: a time you struggled with someone and what you did about it, are you a leader or follower.

Advice to Management

It was all great.

N/A

Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I get to work with! I have the best boss and coworkers! Everyone is so friendly and more than willing to help if you need it - you just have to ask. People are also very willing to sit down with the interns over lunch or a short meeting to discuss what they do so the interns can get a better look into other parts of the business.

I haven't disliked anything yet

Do your research on the company before the interview - and be ready to learn if you get the position. Expect to be confused about the business for the first few months - it's normal. But you will learn more than you can imagine.

HP helping develop future IT professionals

Little Rock, AR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The HP global environment

When first arrived the I did not have all my equipment necessary to start working

If you would like to travel around the world HP might just be the right place for you

Where do you see yourself in the future?

Advice to Management

I do not have anything bad to say about this Internship it has been a great experience

Internship Provides Education and Resources to Budding Business Leaders

Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was allowed to study abroad in Australia and work remotely for my U.S. manager from an HP office in Australia. It was amazing to meet other HP employees in a different group & country. I have tremendous flexibility in my working hours, whether I want to work from home or not, and my time off.

Sometimes it's pretty vague what I'm responsible for, which results in some miscommunication and a little extra work once in a while. The internship is almost like a job share in some functions which can be pretty annoying and a little counterproductive.

Best business experience you could ever receive. The pay is excellent, and the management is VERY willing to work with you on any ideas you have. In the business departments, interns have very high exposure to top management.

What was your favorite subject in school?

What was a time you were under pressure and how did you handle that situation?

What would you like to do?

Advice to Management

There was a bit of a kerfuffle because one intern was getting paid four or five dollars an hour OVER what the other interns in the same department, on the same team were making. I would just say, pay everyone fairly. We all get paid really well, but it doesn't feel good to do a lot of great work and feel invested in the team to learn you are not as valuable as another intern of the exact same circumstances (Marketing, year in school, time at HP, etc). Not really about the money, just the principle of the thing.

HP was an incredible experience!

Vancouver | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part about the internship was learning about new technology and being a part of something that will be in the hands of many people in the future.

Nothing! It was such an incredible experience.

HP has to be one of the best places to work. The culture here is amazing.

Reverse a string in C

What is Polymorphism?

What is an interrupt?

Basicaly a lot of questions on C, and C++ with a few about Java.

Advice to Management

I have not been here long enough to comment on issues of compensation, employee retention, and promotion policies, but from the time I have spent here I think management is doing great.

What makes internship in HP so appealing?

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Time flexibility, i can talk to my manager to chance my schedule if needed.

People are willing to help.

there is nothing to declare

there is nothing to add

there is only one that realy matters in this question:

"Do you intend to make this job your choice of carrer?"

Advice to Management

nothing to add

The best work experience ever

Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Friendly coworkers, nice working environment and lot of things to learn and enjoy about work in here.

Nothing, I really like working in here as the way it is.

Don't be nervous at the moment of the interview, the interviewers are very nice and friendly and is better to concentrate yourself in show that your the best candidate.

- Some friendly questions about your hobbies or your interests in English to hear your fluency to speak English.

- In my case questions about consultations and syntax in mySql

Advice to Management

A little bit more of training new employees before to start working.

Excelente

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Aprendi cosas que nunca habia manejado

El trabajo a distancia

Marcos Lopez y Ada Delia son una excelentes personas a nivel laboral y te brindan el apoyo necesario