HP Intern Program - Americas

VAULT RANKINGS >> #35 Best Overall Internships

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 772 Intern Reviews)

N/A
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I get to work with! I have the best boss and coworkers! Everyone is so friendly and more than willing to help if you need it - you just have to ask. People are also very willing to sit down with the interns over lunch or a short meeting to discuss what they do so the interns can get a better look into other parts of the business.

I haven't disliked anything yet

Do your research on the company before the interview - and be ready to learn if you get the position. Expect to be confused about the business for the first few months - it's normal. But you will learn more than you can imagine.

HP helping develop future IT professionals
Little Rock, AR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The HP global environment

When first arrived the I did not have all my equipment necessary to start working

If you would like to travel around the world HP might just be the right place for you

Where do you see yourself in the future?

Advice to Management

I do not have anything bad to say about this Internship it has been a great experience

Fantastic personal and professional growth experience.
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to put to practical use what I've learned at university, as well as the many intern activities.

The on-boarding process, especially with regards to getting in the Payroll system, was painful.

Be sure to take immediate advantage of every offered benefit, such as health care, employee purchase program, R&D instructional/informational seminars, and free large-scale printing.

What was my experience with databases?

Would I be willing to work on projects somewhat but less related to my field of study (computer science)?

Advice to Management

HP really needs on-site Human Resources and Payroll representatives, in the same way that they have on-site IT personnel.

very fun and challenging project
Mountain View, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

challenging project

admin part, have to figure out my benefits my own, otherwise, I may lose them

apply early, manage the process, otherwise, nobody can manage it for you.

Advice to Management

make a check or todo list for interns, what kind of forms they need to fill up during the whole process. especially for intern benefits

awesome
Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

learn and improve experience

experience

experience

what are you studying ?

Advice to Management

clima laboral

An excellent opportunity to learn many things.
Sao Paulo | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to learn in practice what you are studying at the university, and meet a lot of people.

I think the internship in HP, is being very important to me, and I can not complain about nothing, since the beginning I was very well received by my workmates, mainly by my manager, that helped me a lot, in all activities. The only thing that I can highlight in this question is: The HP it's a big company, there is a lot of areas, when I started work here, I felt a little bit lost, because HP have a lot of information. So I think that HP can improve this situation, but the rest are perfect.

The candidate can be sure, that HP is a great company to do your internship, here you can learn too much, and the HP is open to invest in your potential, the company trust in your potential. Here you have a good relation with your manager, or who you are report for. You will have here, a good plan to your career , and to your future.

What do you like to do in your free time?

Why you want work to HP?

What is your former experience?

Advice to Management

HP is very flexible, I can not complain about nothing, the work place is very nice. There is a lot of program to all employees, we feel that HP want to maintain your employee here, want that your employee be happy not just inside of the company, but in you whole life.

Great professional experience. I learned so much about working in a corporate environment.
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real world experience in my area of interest. Interesting applicable project that will have a lasting effect after I leave the program. Great mentor, who is willing to answer all questions and give clear advice. Final showcase for project with the ability to network with other interns and employees.

Intern coordinators not very approachable and caught up in over organizing intern events.

Made great friends with fellow interns
Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

coworkers, realistic job experience

needed more work

Make sure you enjoy the business unit you are going into

Simple interview process- asked to expand on particular experiences and schoolwork

Advice to Management

Come up with more things for your interns to do, especially in the first half of the internship

High-impact autonomous business development opportunity with resources and support to complete the project.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentorship, Resources, High-impact project

Haven't identified any cons.

Incredible real-life projects make this internship worthwhile.

NA

Advice to Management

NA

An amazing experience where you can get involved, learn, and have room to grow with full-time opportunities.
Lexington, KY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work I was given was real and useful to the company.

At one point, for a few months, I had to share a cubicle.

Never be afraid to ask questions. It's just another way to learn!

What is polymorphism? In C and C++, what is the difference between 'new' and 'malloc'? Write a section of code that will reverse an array of characters. There is plane ready to be boarded by 100 passengers. The first person in line is an old woman with bad eye sight. Because she can't see her seat number on her boarding pass, she picks a seat at random. What are the odds that you, being the 100th passenger to board the plane, will be able to sit in your assigned seat?

Advice to Management

A set process of going from intern to full-time. Right now, no one really knows if they will get an offer or not, or if it's even being considered. Some interns at our site have left due to there not being any structured plan. Whether it be "you work and when you graduate you are interviewed," or "you work until you graduate and if we haven't fired you yet you get a job," or anything in between, it's important for the interns to know what to expect for the future.