Blackstone Summer Analyst Program Internship

Date: 2012

Great broad exposure to various aspects to the placement agency and real estate advisory business working under admirable leadership.

Broad exposure to various private equity real estate funds and flexibility of senior management to staff you on desirable deals. Workplace culture was great-fast paced but very supportive.

Some tasks may have seemed mundane, but that is what comes with any internship/full time opportunity. Overall though incredible experience.

Company seems to value fit and passion the most.

Advice to Management

Great internship program. A more of a rotational program could be very beneficial to get a sense of all the alternatives vs. just real estate.

Date: 2012

Although frustrating at times, the experience was extremely rewarding in that it allowed me to push myself to my full potential.

Culture of the intern and analyst classes and the amount of direct involvement and impact with certain projects

The magnitude of research required and the pressure to work longer hours than my peers

The culture at Blackstone impressed me far more than that at any other firm in the industry

Date: 2012

A challenging, rigorous and unparalleled learning opportunity within the world of corporate finance.

the diverse nature of restructuring work and the quality of the people. In restructuring, in addition to excellent valuation and technical learning, you are exposed to negotiation, game theory, the law, and have a unique level of interaction with upper management at client companies. Most importantly, though, learning is enhanced by the high quality, caring nature of the people at the firm.

The hours were long. But you will learn a lot!

Know that you will work hard, that you will be expected to take responsibility, but that good work does not go unnoticed.

Advice to Management

compensation was excellent. Employee retention is not great at the analyst level but that is part of their model - not sure this is something that needs changing. Training and diversity are two areas for improvement - training was brief and the firm is not particularly diverse.

Date: 2012

Blackstone is a wonderful, prestigious, and challenging work environment, one in which you are given incredible responsibility and opportuni

finance exposure, operations exposure, investing exposure - Blackstone just gives you so much responsibility.

My least favorite thing about the internship was the mandatory talks to learn about each group. I think instead there could be more interactive ways to lern about other groups

If you get a job at Blackstone, think about it seriously. It is a well respected firm that offers a lot of opportunities.

Date: 2012

Unparalleled exposure to live deals

Lean deal teams of 2-3 mean plenty of responsibility and face time with upper management, even for summer analysts

Hours were very long, especially when a deal was near closing

The hours may be long, but the office culture is incredible and most every night I left with a sense of satisfaction for the day's work

Advice to Management

Taking fewer interns and/or offering more full time offers would greatly improve the overall summer analyst experience

Date: 2012

Real responsibilities and learning experiences from world-class firm

Treated like a full-fledged member of the team, given real responsibilities, formal training program, learning from highly intelligent/motivated/accessible professionals, fun activities arranged by the firm

While there was informal feedback, a mid-summer review may give interns a better feel for how to improve.

Determine what you are interested in and show enthusiasm/passion for it. Even if you make mistakes early on people are willing to help out interns who want to learn and who work hard.

Date: 2012

I learned an incredible amount

Learning, great people, exciting projects

Tough hours, but not too bad.

It's an awesome place for people that really want to learn a ton. Young people, which is nice.

Great Internship, Great People

I was given plenty of opportunities and learned a ton. Although they expected a lot, everyone was very willing to help and answer all my questions.

Long hours

A canidate should be up for the challenge but know that it's very rewarding and an overall great place to be.

Blackstone Summer Analyst Program: A Leadership Experience

The accessibility of the firms leaders was a great component of the internship - I felt as if I got to spend a lot of time with some of the best and brightest on Wall Street.

There were not many aspects that I did not enjoy.

Blackstone is a small firm, so if you are looking for a very personalized summer experience, this is the place to do it.

Advice to Management

I feel that a specific training program for different areas of the firm (Hedge Fund Solutions, Private Equity, etc.) would be more well suited for summer analysts and analysts than a broad, overall training program.

Mergers and Acquisitions Summer Analyst

Ability to take on a lot of responsibility, work directly with senior employees, very little "face time", good office culture

The hours can be a downside, but everyone getting in to this job knows that coming in. Sometimes I wished I was a little busier as the summer happens to be the quietest time of the year.

Blackstone is a tremendously reputable place to work, especially given how small it really is compared to the other brand names on Wall Street. The expectations are high for all of the interns, which in turn means you will be given more responsibility than basically anywhere else on the Street. However, I found that the culture was still very good in the office.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)