Intern at Baird Internship Program? Submit a Review

Real, value add experience that you would not get at another investment bank.

Milwaukee, WI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The level of responsibility and ownership of work. You are given tasks and expected to complete them well. You are encouraged to challenge yourself and take initiative.

Sometimes the work would be slow at the intern level.

Network with people at the firm to get a feel for the culture. Definitely a unique culture that is very focused on fit.

Making other people's jobs easier, constant learning, wonderful experience

Milwaukee, WI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Day-to-day work is never the same, constant learning, managers/bosses care about my happiness and success

Compensation could be higher

Don't be afraid to explore other teams in the department. Managers are very helpful in aiding you in finding the right fit

One of the Fortune top 4 places to work for a reason

Milwaukee, WI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being involved with day to day activities and feeling that I was an important part of the team and being involved with projects most interns likely wouldn't have the opportunity to be involved in.

Nothing comes to mind.

Take advantage of all the networking events they hold for interns and all the opportunities to learn about the firm and business units.

Not looked at as "the intern" - everyone wants you to succeed.

Milwaukee, WI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

They do not look at you as "the intern" at Baird. They treat you like a true, full-time employee and allow you to take on as many opportunities as you please.
Everyone is very enjoyable to work with and I feel like anyone would love to help me if I seem stuck on something or have a question, regardless of what department they're in.
I get to learn a lot and get plenty of real-world exposure, which has allowed me to feel prepared for my future!
Overall I am very happy at Baird.

There is truly nothing I dislike about this internship.

There is not much I wish I would have known, because I generally knew what to expect and I was ready to take it all on. I could tell right away that I was going to be working with great, helpful co-workers and that I would have numerous opportunities, and that holds true today. This is a great company!

Advice to Management

Possibly a slightly higher pay - I interviewed for a different marketing position with a different company and they offered 2 dollars more per hour. Other than that, I think Baird is doing an awesome job at being a great place to work!

It is tough to recall most questions because my interview was half of a year ago, but they asked me questions regarding my organizational skills and how I manage to stay organized, how I manage my levels of stress, both a strength and a weakness I have and how those may play a role in my work, etc.

Interns at Baird are given great responsibility, as we are given the work of regular employees.

Milwaukee, WI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Baird interns gain excellent real life work experience and are provided with great compensation / benefits. Baird also helps interns to develop professionally through a number of different programs.

There is nothing that I don't like about this internship.

I wish I would have known about the internship program sooner.

Baird strikes the ideal balance of tactfully introducing interns to the corporate world and giving them very impactful responsibilities.

Milwaukee, WI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Baird places a very heavy emphasis on providing personal development opportunities for its interns. Every week, we attend a personal development workshop, with subjects ranging from emotional intelligence in the workplace, to presentation skills, to seminars on body language and putting your best foot forward. Throughout this 10-week internship, I've learned a tremendous amount about how I best relate to others and how I can maximize my potential in the corporate world given my personality type and tendencies. This portion of the internship program alone puts Baird in another league of internship quality.

The only con in my internship was that I am in a relatively small division (internal consulting), so I was the only intern on my team. Since Baird's internship program is quite large, most other teams have handfuls of interns, so I felt a bit lonely at times, but I had a bunch of exposure to other interns at the very frequent intern events.

The culture is unlike any other company. It is typical to see a potentially cut-throat, tense, competitive environment in financial firms, but Baird is consistently filled with supportive and collaborative people who are engaged in providing the best environment possible to achieve success. Everyone is wonderful, and the support is very genuine!

Advice to Management

Maintain the exact same thing you're doing now - heavy exposure to management/executives, informational lunch & learns about management positions, lots of visibility within and accessibility to management, etc.

1. What motivates you?
2. Why did you choose the major you did?
3. Where do you see yourself 10, 20, 30 years down the line?
4. Do you have proficiency in PCs and Excel?
5. What was the most challenging class you took at school thus far? Which required you to be the most detail-oriented?

Learning a ton and loving every second of it.

Milwaukee, WI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved the responsibility my team has given me. Being just an intern, I expected to be doing very basic work. I wasn't expecting to learn as much as I did throughout this internship so far. It has truly been a pleasure.

I wish my department allowed overtime for interns. I know when it is slow it is not needed, but it would be nice to have for when we are busy and need extra hours to finish work.

Definitely go in to your internship with an open mind. Say yes to everything and be willing to come to work everyday ready to learn as well as be engaged. Even when there isn't much work to do, stay busy and always ask your manager what you can do to lend your helping hand.

1. What are you strengths and your weaknesses
2. Describe a situation where you were stressed and what did you do to fix this.
3. What is your biggest failure and what did you do to overcome it.
4. If you were a tree, what tree would you be and why.

Even better than you could expect

Milwaukee, WI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Incredible atmosphere, benefits and experience. Baird offers tons of extra activities, programs and resources to all of its associates as well as intern specific programs.

Sometimes feels like I am not treated as an adult or viewed as unreliable because I am not a full fledged associate.

Be yourself during the interview process! All potential Baird associates are vetted thoroughly - they look to see that you're a team player and work well with others. It's important that you're skilled and know how to do your job, but before any of that they want to make sure you're the kind of person people would want to work with.

Baird has Best Internship Program in Country

Milwaukee, WI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Access to associates all over the company

I wish I could have worked more hours but I was not allowed to get overtime hours

I would say be outgoing and meet as many people as possible

An Extended Career Fair! I work in Internal Audit, so I have greater exposure to other departments compared to many other internships.

Milwaukee, WI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interns are given actual projects that will expand their skill sets and knowledge of the field. You're not given menial tasks like printing, scanning, or buying treats so you really feel that your team depends on your work. The only reason that I know how my chief officer likes his coffee is because we always get coffee at the same time in the morning.

Everything is pretty great.

Baird is a prestigious firm that has a business model that focuses on acting in the interest of the client. It's highly recognized, and there is a "No **** Policy," so it's a great place to network and learn more about the world of business. Associates are eager to answer any questions that you may have about their daily tasks, so Baird is a great place to intern at if you're unsure of what you want to do in the future.

Advice to Management

Keep treating your interns as part of the team! Some of the smaller departments may want to create a standard policy regarding interns (hours, PTO, what software they need access to before they start).

How would you describe the culture of your previous places of employment? (Baird is really big on their culture)
What leadership roles have you obtained throughout your school career?
What are your plans for the future?