Intern at RBC Capital Markets Summer Analyst/Associate Program? Submit a Review

Summer Analyst

Ny, NY | November 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Challenging introduction to investment banking and the people were very kind

Difficult hours and the work required a lot of data entry

Comments

Do research on the firm and know why you're applying to a specific group.

Good Summer Experience

11020, NY | October 2015 | FORMER INTERN

The best aspects of my internship were the ability to be entrusted with real deliverables, to work with upper level associates and VPs on a regular basis.

There was a lack of modeling experience and generally unpredictable hours.

Comments

Growing, great culture at company. Was a great place for a summer internship.

A rewarding internship that taught me invaluable lessons about capital markets and working in the industry while making lasting connections

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Making invaluable connections while also actually learning how the company ran its business. RBC has a very flat structure that allowed me to meet extremely senior members of the firm and actually converse with them and learn about what they did. HR did a fantastic job with helping us meet people and also bond as an intern class. They were constantly there along the way to answer any questions we had. I actually felt that the work I was doing was crucial to my desk, and they expressed this when my internship ended.

No complaints! I wish I had lived closer to the office, but thats a lesson learned for next summer

Meet as many people as possible and make yourself noticed. Don't be afraid to ask questions or introduce yourself to as many people as you can. People will remember you if you make yourself known, which will absolutely help in the long run.

Advice to Management

I have no complaints whatsoever! I interned twice and I had a great experience both times. I loved the events that they offered for the GM class and it helped us bond a lot.

Explain your resume
Why do you want to return to RBC?
Where do you think interest rates are going?
What do you think about the low oil prices; do you think they will stay low?

The Launching Point

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were very social and friendly. I was given truly valuable work that directly added value to the firm. I learned so much in regards to municipal finance and grew not only as a financier, but as a person.

I did put in a lot of hours, but I realize that in order to succeed with anything you pursue, hard work is necessary. Overall, RBCCM does everything to make the hours worth while and they really do take care of you with paid dinners and cabs everyday as well as a seriously amazing office space/building.

You may have never heard of RBC Capital Markets before, as I did not before applying and interviewing. But, don't let that hold you back. RBC truly is a leader in the industry and just because it may not be as well-known in the U.S just yet doesn't mean it's not the right place for you. Trust me, the culture says it all here.

Meaningful work with people who care about teaching about the industry and best practices

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Quality of work assigned, junior staff's dedication to teaching

Didn't get the opportunity to see a deal all the way through

Take recruiting as an opportunity to develop meaningful relationships with a particular group. I didn't know anyone in my group before interning, and it didn't hurt me in any way. However, those who had already networked with their groups had an even better summer!

Advice to Management

Absence of relocation bonus for return offer made it on the low end of market (but still overall in range). Would have been nice to have that

The best 10 weeks of your professional career you will never want to redo

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, culture, pay, and work experience

The hours are the worst part, but any IB internship will have long hours

Network with many people at RBC and then with just as many at any other bank and I guarantee you will like the people at RBC more

Advice to Management

The technology is a little slow (excel crashing, etc) but every IB shop has ancient Lenovo laptops

If it is 6:30 what is the angle between the hands on the clock?

A dream come true!

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Small internship class size, plethora of internship workshops and events, exposure to all parts of the global markets program.

Nothing not to love.

RBC is a growing name and is rapidly climbing in the league tables. Do not shy away from RBC because it may not be as large a bank or as well-recognize a bank as JP, Goldman, or Citi. Understand that at RBC, a seat is being pulled up to the desk for you at a time when many larger banks are taking seats from underneath their workers as the business environment constricts/consolidates.

Advice to Management

Over-time pay for interns.

Talk about a time you encountered a problem... How did you react?
Why RBC?
Tell me about yourself…

Love the people

Houston, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, Quality of Work, Compensation

I would not change much about my internship experience. It was very favorable

Spend time trying to understand the culture of the office. Try to get to know as many members as possible

Advice to Management

Continue to offer industry specific training

RBChill

culture
number of social events

n/a.. hours?

try to work hard

Wonderful life experience

Jersey City, NJ | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

My team was very helpful and understanding. They took time everyday to help me with whatever I needed

It took a long time to get all the software installed on computers.

Accept this opportunity, you will learn a lot.