Intern at RBC Capital Markets Summer Analyst/Associate Program? Submit a Review

It was a rewarding, rare, and unique experience available to law students interested in corporate and transactional law.

Jersey City, NJ | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Shadowing seasoned attorneys in various capital markets matters. That, along with others, enabled me to develop soft skills that will benefit me significantly during my legal career.

I don't have anything to share about this.

I wish I knew more about the RBC infrastructure and how it makes the bank stand out as a foreign bank operating in the U.S.

- Tell me about yourself
- Why RBC
- Why this internship for 1L

Awesome

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about new functions and markets.

Waiting on people to get assignments and feedback

No need to worry, the hours aren't that bad. If you have questions then ask.

Great culture. Great people. Interesting work.

NANANANANA

NANANANANA

Advice to Management

NANANANANANA

NANANANANANA

A challenging yet rewarding glimpse into investment banking world.

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning valuation techniques, modeling and best practices from Investment Bankers. Working on live deals and positively contributing to the deal/firm.

The long hours, but long hours are standard across all investment banks.

RBC is a great organization to work for and they truly care about the success of their current and future employees.

There are many assignments to complete but they all have a meaning/purpose

Jersey City, NJ | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

RBC had great people, a welcoming community, and there was a sense of family. Everyone that was part of my team was extremely helpful and we had a lot of fun.

Some tasks were tedious, boring, and repetitive

If you are interested in Accounting, apply to a different functions group. Although most people within Internal Audit have accounting degrees, the work that I have done deals nothing with accounting or numbers. It is simply auditing systems within RBC, not necessarily the finance portion of RBC. If you are more interested in working in accounting, I would recommend applying for the Functions Finance or Tax positions. If you are interesting in getting an insight on Audit, then this is a good step but just don't expect to be looking at a balance sheet/numbers all day. If you do apply to the position, remember to be proactive and constantly ask for work to do to keep you busy.

Advice to Management

Since most of my time was spent in Lotus Notes I think there should have been at least one training seminar/session on it. However, my co-workers and supervisors were extremely helpful in any questions I had regarding the program.

What interests you about RBC?
Know general company information (CEO, values, mission statement, volunteer activities)
Hobbies?
Tell me about yourself?
Name a time where you faced adversity and how did you overcome it
Future plans/goals

vendor quality assessment

Jersey City, NJ | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great training, excellent office environment.

Nothing I can think of.

Internal mobility

Advice to Management

Nothing I can think of.

Why do you want to work here?

Tremendous Learning Experience

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was the work environment and the type of work that I was doing. I learned a tremendous amount about the industry during my ten weeks as an intern and I hope to be able to return full-time next year.

The only thing that I would change about the internship is my commute but that is much more of an external issue than a function of the internship.

Make sure that you are very proficient in Excel and Powerpoint

RBC is the place to be!

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of RBC is the people. I have always felt welcomed in terms of culture as well as learning. I was always pushed to ask questions and use my resources to learn as much as possible. I really enjoyed sitting on a desk and being with the full time employees as it allowed me to understand first hand how a desk works, as well as provide me a multitude of opportunities to shadow as well as show my performance and ability to learn

I felt like the structure could have been a little more rigid - it felt as if they just put us on desks (that we wanted) and then the rest was up to us. That aspect of it being up to us has its pros and cons, but if you are not prepared for this style it could be detrimental

How important it is to leverage the people at RBC. it is so crucial to meet people and be interested and show that to everyone.

Advice to Management

I think coming up with more concrete projects and responsibilities would be helpful to interns

Stock Pitch

Engineering My Way Through Operations

Jersey City, NJ | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting people, learning what they do, learning about the functions and operations of the bank, being friends with other interns, having a group project.

It took a while in the beginning to have a sufficient amount of work

For a large investment bank, RBC's culture stands out and makes it a more welcoming environment

Loved it!

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work they gave us + team

Nothing - it was great!

Make sure to talk to people in different groups