PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program

Date: 2013

Intern gains invaluable experience in the workplace he would not have recieved in shcool.

The best aspects of the internship was actually being able to do something that will be used. Not jus busy documentation and writing. I was about to actually get into coding and I did it well.

I liked everything about the ienternship.

The first week of your internship is crutial for showing to your peers and managers that you can take on more tasks. For me, I wasn't given any coding projects but I asked about how to get involved with the projects and once they saw that I was a very good coder, they gave me even more tasks to complete.

Working for a Bank is More Than Just Counting Money

The people! Everyone that I worked with was so friendly and helpful. They all were more than happy to answer my questions about anything. I also was given really awesome projects - and nothing was just busy work. Everything that I did was important and crucial to the department that I worked in, and to know that I was trusted with all of that responsibility was not only exciting but also gave me the chance to prove myself.

All of the interns on my team were in the same building except for me. It honestly wasn't really even that big of a deal because there's a shuttle that I would take over to their building for team meetings.

PNC is huge on networking. If you do not reach out to different people in your department, or even outside of your department for that matter, you are doing it wrong. I asked to meet with so many people just to talk to them about what their role in the company is and to tell them a little bit about what I was doing throughout my internship, and everyone was more than willing to meet with me!

Date: 2013

The PNC Internal Audit Internship was an excellent opporunity to get hands-on experience in the Audit field

Feeling like a part of the team, not just getting coffee or faxing documents. I performed many of the same tasks that the full-time employees performed, which made me feel like I as actually contributing.

Sometimes the work is tedious, but that is the nature of the beast which is audit.

PNC has a great company culture, consisting of employees who really care about what they do, and inspire you to care as well.

Insight into Banking

Everyone was extrememly helpful and easy to work with. They made the interns feel welcomed and appreciated.

I did not like having to pay for my commute, but the stipend helped the expense.

Do a lot of research on every area within PNC and find what interests you the most.

Date: 2013

PNC Pathways provides a great working and learning environment.

Opportunities to learn. Good people to work with.

Working individually too often.

Take initiative; have a sense of entitlement over the work you're assigned.

Advice to Management

Encourage longer hours. Provide interns with more insight to meetings/current events within the organization.

Date: 2013

Learn Everything You Need To Know About Retail Banking, And Love Every Second Of It.

The people I worked with. They were all great, and I will stay in contact with quite a few of them.

Waking up early every morning.

Work hard, be open, and have a positive attitiude and everything will be fine.

Advice to Management

The independent project we needed to complete could have been managed better.

An Amazing Opportunity to Learn from Tenured Business Professionals

-learning opportunities -quality of projects -opportunity to receive coaching -access to many lines of business

I think this internship could have been improved with a review closer to the start date. This would allow interns to take better advantage of their first five weeks.

PNC wants to give their interns the best possible training and opportunities to succeed. Make sure you take the initiative early and take advantage of the opportunities given to you.

Learn in a Positive and Productive Environment

Working on projects which are functional and important

Nothing Really

PNC has kind and accepting employees who are always willing to help, they also stand firmly on their respectable core values.

Advice to Management

Better compensation is always nice, but I think it already is a great place to work!

Date: 2013

Crossroads between banking and technology

Fellow employees and company culture were fantastic.

While Pittsburgh has its benefits, its not my ideal location.

PNC really cares about your career development.

Advice to Management

Make sure you have potential tasks to assign interns in case of downtime.

Date: 2013

My internship at PNC has provided me with a solid foundation for launching my professional career.

The best aspects of my internship was the people and the atmosphere. I worked very well with my team and that showed during the length of my internship. The atmosphere was very positive in the office and it made for a very enjoyable work day.

The part of the internship that I liked the least would be doing VOIP phone installs.

Some helpful information would be to write down what you want. Use that as a checklist and see if the company can provide you with those goals. If they can't, ask if there are any programs that are available.

Advice to Management

I would suggest the implementation of overtime. While overtime is technically available for interns, it is frowned upon by HR. I know that a large portion of interns have gone over their 40 hours and have been afraid to report them.