PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program

Working for a Bank is More Than Just Counting Money

The people! Everyone that I worked with was so friendly and helpful. They all were more than happy to answer my questions about anything. I also was given really awesome projects - and nothing was just busy work. Everything that I did was important and crucial to the department that I worked in, and to know that I was trusted with all of that responsibility was not only exciting but also gave me the chance to prove myself.

All of the interns on my team were in the same building except for me. It honestly wasn't really even that big of a deal because there's a shuttle that I would take over to their building for team meetings.

PNC is huge on networking. If you do not reach out to different people in your department, or even outside of your department for that matter, you are doing it wrong. I asked to meet with so many people just to talk to them about what their role in the company is and to tell them a little bit about what I was doing throughout my internship, and everyone was more than willing to meet with me!

Date: 2013

Intern gains invaluable experience in the workplace he would not have recieved in shcool.

The best aspects of the internship was actually being able to do something that will be used. Not jus busy documentation and writing. I was about to actually get into coding and I did it well.

I liked everything about the ienternship.

The first week of your internship is crutial for showing to your peers and managers that you can take on more tasks. For me, I wasn't given any coding projects but I asked about how to get involved with the projects and once they saw that I was a very good coder, they gave me even more tasks to complete.

Date: 2013

Learn Everything You Need To Know About Retail Banking, And Love Every Second Of It.

The people I worked with. They were all great, and I will stay in contact with quite a few of them.

Waking up early every morning.

Work hard, be open, and have a positive attitiude and everything will be fine.

Advice to Management

The independent project we needed to complete could have been managed better.

Insight into Banking

Everyone was extrememly helpful and easy to work with. They made the interns feel welcomed and appreciated.

I did not like having to pay for my commute, but the stipend helped the expense.

Do a lot of research on every area within PNC and find what interests you the most.

Date: 2013

Became a valuable asset to a large corporation while creating the foundation of my initial business experience

Wealth of knowledge and networking opportunities

I liked everything about the internship

The more you put into the internship the more you will get out of it. There are ways to stay under the radar, so don't become complacent and bring 110% everyday.

Advice to Management

nothing

Date: 2013

A great way to expand your knowledge and gain insight into different areas of the financial service industry.

I appreciated that I got exposed to many different areas of the bank and I was given ownership of the projects I completed. I was never bored and felt that my work had worth and benefit for my manager and team. I was trusted with important projects and brought along to client calls.

There isn't anything I didn't like about the internship.

Make sure that you network and utilize the resources around you. Now is the best time to ask any questions and put yourself out there. I have learned that it is important to have a manager or mentor who is involved in your development and success as your experience is what you make of it.

Advice to Management

N/A

Real world experience

The best aspect of my intenship was the people I worked with. They taught me many things and allowed me to gain exposure to real life experiences.

I did not get a chance to shadow more people. I wanted to familiarize myself with the different roles in the bank and did not get the chance to. This was good because I was too busy to do so, and bad because I wanted to.

Do your research on the company. Learn about the line of business you are going to be interniing in. Determine whether the company is conservative, or non-conservative. Try your best to determine if the company value align with yours.

Advice to Management

Diversity: Not enough women or minority in upper management.

Date: 2013

Amazing experience to learn and develop skills

The people I worked with, the experience I got, the real work I got to do, and the results I produced.

I really do not have any cons.

Be positive, willing to learn and work hard, and strive to be a good team member and you should go far.

Advice to Management

The only thing I would suggest is starting the internship earlier in the summer.

Date: 2013

More than just a place to deposit your money, PNC offers opportunities in invesment banking, wealth management, and sales and trading.

PNC has the benefits of operating like a boutique day to day and as a bulge bracket bank in terms of its role within the financial industry.

I think the recruiting process is somewhat flawed in that they interview for very different positions together. (retail banking and investment banking for example)

Don't follow the crowd. Chasing the same banks/positions as everyone else just because everyone else is chasing those positions keeps you from exploring which opportunities are best fit for you which sets you back in the long run.

Date: 2013

The PNC Internal Audit Internship was an excellent opporunity to get hands-on experience in the Audit field

Feeling like a part of the team, not just getting coffee or faxing documents. I performed many of the same tasks that the full-time employees performed, which made me feel like I as actually contributing.

Sometimes the work is tedious, but that is the nature of the beast which is audit.

PNC has a great company culture, consisting of employees who really care about what they do, and inspire you to care as well.