Date: 2013

Northwestern Mutual provides you the ability to get first hand experience in the career that you are be pursuing!

Having the ability to do the same thing a full time rep. would do, also getting the resources needed to succeed.

The only con was not learning a lot about product since this was a career I wanted to pursue. However I just spoke with other full time reps and researched products online in order to learn more products.

Take this program seriously because it can really give you a large advantage on your peers when going into the business world post grad. This internship is also very lucrative if taken serious as well!

Life Changing

Meeting people

Phoning people

Meet as many people as you can

Advice to Management

Employee retention but it is a hard business

Date: 2013

It is an amazing life changing expirience.

Pay, Schedule, I am my own boss

Nothing it is amazing.... I am the only thing that stands in my way!

If you do it you better be all in.

Advice to Management

None I have it good being at Northwestern Mutual

Date: 2013

An internship that creates great generational employees but more importantly better people

Pay, opportunity, the lack of micromanagement, accessibility to resources and guidance, career opportunity

The least favorite parts are ultimately what creates urgency to do better (i.e. lack of hourly pay)

Although all commission and sales are a scary thing, taking advantage of an opportunity that requires you to fulfill the responsibilities of a CEO at an early age will propel your professional life regardless of where one ends up

Advice to Management

I have no quarrels here

Real world experience

Test driving the full time career

Self discipline was a struggle at first but I have made great progress in that area that will help me in all aspects of life

Not many internships give you the flexibility and power to try out the real career. You won't be doing pointless things like catering to someone.

Advice to Management

Training could use some work

Date: 2013

Real world experience in the financial planning arena.

The amount of learning and hands on Experience

The constant battle to have clients take action in what they know they need to do.

Be ready to work hard and see what life in this career is all about

Advice to Management

Everything is done very well here at Northwestern Mutual and it seems as if they have a great process.

Date: 2013

Great leanring experience for everbody, even those who decide its not a good fit.

Impact, Income, Independence, Intillect

Inconsistent checks. Little harder to maintain while taking classes

work hard

Date: 2013

Northwestern Mutual develops college students into financially sound and successful entrepeneurs.

The office culture is great, with everyone striving to be the best versions of themselves. I love the drive within my office. I was compensated well and able to develop my own financial plan that will serve me well into the future. The perks of working in our office are great, and employee appreciation is clearly noted. Recognition is given often and when deserved. I love the relationships I have with my mentors, as I know I can go to them with any problem, professional or otherwise, and they will do their best to help me. My knowledge of personal finance has blossomed since being with Northwestern and this knowledge will serve me well going into the future.

This business has a lot of emotional up and downs, however this was mitigated by the presence of great mentors.

If you desire a future where you are largely your own boss, and able to have as much freedom as you wish, you should be willing to fight for this job.

Date: 2013

The best opportunity that can be afforded to a college student.

Independence, Income, and Impact

There is nothing wrong that I would say here.

Take the leap!

Date: 2013

They provide 100% of the resources and training for you to succeed, It is up to you to bring your dreams into a reality.

Ongoing Training and Real Life Experience.

Networking is difficult at first but you really need to practice what the teach you in regard to prospecting.

Northwestern Mutual gives you a proven system to succeed. If you follow the system and are "coachable" you have unlimited opporunity even as an intern.

Advice to Management

A larger weekly stipend since it usually takes about 3 months to onboard a new client there are several weeks when you have to get by on just $100 per week which obviously does not work. If the weekly stipend was larger for the first several weeks, but then dropped off after the 3rd month then it would be a smoother transition into earning consisten liveable revenue.