Intern at Northwestern Mutual Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

An internship built to advance professionally, personally, and financially through guidance of the program and those in leadership.

The relationships built

Deferred Compensation

You would be making a mistake, not to apply for this internship

Advice to Management

Communication amoungst those in development

The personal growth I experienced and the ability to begin my career earlier than most was tremendous.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The focus on growing personally and professionally. Specifically, communicaiton skills, business development, networking, etc.

Its very challenging which can be extremely rewarding, but difficult at some times.

Listen to mentors, have a role model in the business and develp a 1 year, 5 year and long term vision.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on the span of control.

The Real World Internship.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

It is just like the job you will be doing as a full time representative.
You get an insurance license for free.
You get unlimited pay.
Teaches you a good work ethic.

In order to achieve success you have to do a lot more work than in a normal internship.

It is the opportunity of a lifetime but be prepared to work hard. You cant get away with doing nothing.

This internship will show you if you have what it takes to have a successful career with Northwestern Mutual
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexability of schedule and the ability to work around my class schedule

The internship is easy to go through the mothions, but to be successful you have to be self-motivated. This self-motivation along with extream flexability can be hard to manage for someone 18-21 years old.

Don't just go through the motions and collect the $100 wekly check. As an intern, you have the exact same income potential as the most successful full-time reps.

Hands-on experience that gives your real taste of the full time career!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The office location, the reputation of the company, and the resources provided to interns in order to succeed.

It was a challenge to be successful while taking classes full time.

Be ready to work hard, and reap great rewards!

The best experience of my life

Money and helping people

No cons are involved with this internship, I loved it

Work hard and it will pay off

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

This internship provided me with actual real world career experience and set me up for success upon graduation.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible hours, work harder and make more, mentorship program to help you stay accountable, and opportunity to positively impact someone's life.

It's difficult to get started because you are basically starting your own business and it's up to you (with much help from your mentors of course) to grow your business.

Work hard and don't slack off. This career isn't any fun if you dont have any meetings on your calendar!

Advice to Management

Nothing, I think the management structure is excellent here.

The opportunity to change and your impact yourself and your community through financial planning

Flexibility, pay, leadership

There was nothing I disliked about the internship

In order to achieve your own highest potential you must be able to step out of your comfort zone and challenge those you care about and people they care about as well.

Advice to Management

Employee retention would be the only area that can improve however being that one is running his own company through the internship the majority of the variation in retention is depended upon the intern

Absolutely life changing. I viewed this opportunity as a career and not just a job after my internship experience. Changed my life!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was the fact that I had an opportunity to test drive a career with nothing to lose but opporunity cost and yet so much to gain after my success.

The title intern.

If you have a good network, enjoy independence, want to change lives and like a challenge then this is the career for you!

Advice to Management

More product specific training and better in network office recognition. Also, maybe more office activities so interns can get to know everyone better.

Amazing opportunity to test drive a fantastic career and have a head-start coming out the gates.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real world experience, test driving a career, professional licensure and certification, lots of valuable learning.

There were many interns who were of high quality but also quite a few that were not and it would be nice if Northwestern Mutual would be able to screen out the ones who are not serious better...

As a true mutual and client-owned company Northwestern Mutual embraces core values of integrity and doing what is right for the clients. This culture is a really special environment to learn and become a part of.