Date: 2013

It is an amazing life changing expirience.

Pay, Schedule, I am my own boss

Nothing it is amazing.... I am the only thing that stands in my way!

If you do it you better be all in.

Advice to Management

None I have it good being at Northwestern Mutual

Date: 2013

An internship that creates great generational employees but more importantly better people

Pay, opportunity, the lack of micromanagement, accessibility to resources and guidance, career opportunity

The least favorite parts are ultimately what creates urgency to do better (i.e. lack of hourly pay)

Although all commission and sales are a scary thing, taking advantage of an opportunity that requires you to fulfill the responsibilities of a CEO at an early age will propel your professional life regardless of where one ends up

Advice to Management

I have no quarrels here

Real world experience

Test driving the full time career

Self discipline was a struggle at first but I have made great progress in that area that will help me in all aspects of life

Not many internships give you the flexibility and power to try out the real career. You won't be doing pointless things like catering to someone.

Advice to Management

Training could use some work

Date: 2013

Real world experience in the financial planning arena.

The amount of learning and hands on Experience

The constant battle to have clients take action in what they know they need to do.

Be ready to work hard and see what life in this career is all about

Advice to Management

Everything is done very well here at Northwestern Mutual and it seems as if they have a great process.

Date: 2013

The start to an incredible life!

Culture, opportunity, impact

That instill had to go to class. I wanted to leave school my senior year because I knew I had found the career I was destined to be in.

It may change your life and help define your future.

Date: 2013

Best choice I have ever made

Making your own schedule

phone calls

You determine your own success

Hands on experience.

Potential compensation

Pushes you outside your comfort zone.

Although it comes off as a sales position, you are really working to help others.

Date: 2013

Learn to run a business and master the science and art of making connections with people everyday

-The culture of my office was so welcoming, exciting, and motivating -We have some of the best mentors and leaders that money can by. You can help but be motivated after leaving a one-on-one meeting with your mentor.

-Some weeks you may put in 5-20 hours and only be compensated a $100 stipend. The sales cycle is so long it is important to understand that the work you are putting in this week, you might not see the financial rewards for 2, 3, 4 weeks down the line.

This career is a rollercoaster. The internship allows you a glimpse of what a full-time career will be like with Northwestern Mutual as a financial representative. However, the only way to truly test drive the opportunity that this company is giving you is to put in the work. It is not enough to put in one solid day of work per week. You must be commited to truyly emerse yourself in the career. Many people will say that this business is not for them, and for some that is true. But the only way to truly know is to commit to the daily activity (dials, initial meetings, closing meetings, emails back promptly, scheduling, running analysis).

Advice to Management

As an intern, I wish I would have gotten a little more face-time with the upper management officials in my network office. Also, I wish I would have gotten more than $100 stipend per week, even though I did receive commission on my sales (but they didn't come every week)

Date: 2013

Helping to impact the lives of others.

Working hands on with clients, and building strong relationships.

none that I can think of.

Come in to the internship with a strong attitude and great work ethic.

Date: 2013

Help people build a foundation of financial security without the ups and downs of the market

The opportunities that are ahead. Some interns do not have the foresight for what this career brings. It enables the ones that stick out the tough/beginning years with opportunities unimaginable, relating to future lifestyle, flexibility and freedoms

Calling people on the phone is always tough. But it is necessary in order to be successful

Know that you bring 100% value when you work at Northwestern Mutual. Focus on getting in front of people early on and use joint work. Always do what is best for the client. But mostly focus on meeting with people everyday.

Advice to Management

I believe some of the training needs to be updated and that new advisors must realize that this business is slow growing and takes a while to get going