Northwestern Mutual Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Financial Services Internships  /  #5 Best Overall Internships

If you want safety, go else where, but remember nothing ever grows in a place of comfort.
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay can be great. Ability to network. control of schedule.

Not being understood by people not in the field or who have no prior knowledge of it.

Take this opportunity seriously, you will be playing with live ammo.

Get outside of your comfort zone and think bigger!
Irvine, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gaining real world experience by having the opportunity to meet with potential clients and building my own clientele.

I didn't like getting to the office at 7:30am

It is a great opportunity, you will receive first class training and development as well as getting the real world experience you need to determine if this is a career you are interested in pursuing.

Ho do you deal with and respond to disappointment.

Advice to Management

I feel the organization could make a greater impact in the community if we had a more diverse group of advisors.

A Life Changing Experience
Iowa City, IA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You are in control of everything. What you learn, how you do, and the amount of money you make is alomst completely up to you.

It can be stressful.

If you are a goal-oriented person with good interpersonal skills this is a once in a lifetime opportunity that could change your whole perspective on life.

Describe yourself in three words. What are three words your best friends would use to describe you?

Advice to Management

I think that my office has mastered all of these things. There are other offices around the country that need to address the training and retention though.

What is Your Maximum Potential?
Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to make as much money as you could imagine. It is really nice to not have a salary cap. I love the flexibility that I have to take off from work whenever needed or to make my schedule work better with a prospects.

There wasn't anything I didn't like about my internship.

Work hard and you will reap the benefits early

Unlimited opportunity to apply a financial education to a real world career while building a business and helping others
Buffalo, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The training and support from peers and home office coupled with the autonomy and unlimited opportunity to grow, continue your education and not have a corporate glass ceiling. Working for a company that puts investing in their employees and delivering value before anything else.

Our office was underdeveloped at the time so there was no director of the program or formal mentor structure like there is now.

Work hard, follow the trianing, ask for help and always keep learning.

What motivates you most in a career?

Tell me about a time where you were faced with adversity that you had to overcome?

Are you motivated by helping others?

Advice to Management

Have a better transitional structure from the employees that have success and hit early goals that continues while they are in the early stages of their career.

Great Opportunity to Test Drive a Career
Albany, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great on the resume. Realife & hands on experience.

nothing I didnt likeexceept I wish I started prior to senior year.

Seize this opportunity.

What do you want out of a career?

Advice to Management

Interns are like baby birds. They need attention or they will not make it. Continue to offer the excellent support servives.

Got me where I am
Pittsburgh, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

This internship was the reason I got into this business. I am forever grateful for the opporutnity and feel so luck for having been in this program.

I don't have a bad thing to say.

Go into it with and open mind and DO what your supervisors suggest. Worst case scenario you will learn a great number of skills you can do with your next endavour. If you half ass it you will be dissappointed with the experience.

Creativity and Elegance required
Pittsburgh, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, time flexibility, leadership, "open -doorness", expirence

Nothing

Be ready to become exposed to the real life of a CEO right away. Quick decisions that need to be good are required and you must become and expert at balance and efficiency.

Tell me about a time you failed at something and how did you learn from it.

Advice to Management

I don't believe the organization needs to improve here. Obviously you can always to do better with the aforementioned items but I believe NM's internship program truly should be ranked #1 in the company

You get out what you put in
Springfield, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You schedule your own time. Meet with the people you want to meet with. Whatever effort you put in is what you will get out of the internship

It takes time to get paid because of the cycle

Set a goal and decide to reach it. Then dont stop until you do

What is your willingness to ask for help from coaches and mentors?

Advice to Management

I would change nothing, perhaps more willingness to cover costs of Representatives, however the more skin I have in the game the harder I will be working

The Road to Achievement
Memphis, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship is the actual experience itself. Interns are able to work as a full time rep as a part time student. I outperformed the majority of my office as a student. Northwestern Mutual also has various contest for its interns such as Winter Camp for the top producing interns during the fall semester. I ranked #9 for the contest and was chosen to speak at the contest camp held at the home office!

There is nothing I would dislike about Northwestern Mutual's Internship!

The opportunity to build your business as a college intern and graduate with a full financial practice is a strong opportunity. You are able to help people achieve financial goals while making good money in the mean time.