4.7 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 378 Intern Reviews)

A real trial, for real life!
Knoxville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexability with time and no limit on compensation. It was commision based

I wish I would have known about it earlier.

Put in your best effort up front to really gauge if this is something you could do the rest of your life

Real work experience while building your own business.
Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real experience, builiding a client base for myself, learning professional skills that can be applied to any industry, and being held accountable for my own business.

It was largely commission based, but there were other stipends and financial incentives.

This company and business rewards high work ethic. What you put into this, is what you will earn out of it. It is incredibly rewarding.

Tell me about a time you had to overcome something and what you did to do it?

What is your biggest fear?

Describe your dream job.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront about the dress code during the hiring process. It would also be helpful to have a different training/orientation for interns with a certain level of experience instead of resending them back through training with new hires.

The ability to jump start your career and learn the skills necessary to succeed in life.
Tacoma, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The autonomy, resources, support, mentorship, continued education, and ability to make a difference in lives.

Delayed gratification from the time you meet someone to the time that you get paid on the recommendations you help them implement. The career is very difficult to get started in and build a network of clients. The learning curve is very steep because most of the things that are to be learned for financial planning are not taught in school.

If you are long term focused, self motivating, autonomous, hard-working, and persistent, this will be a good opportunity for you. However, if you need immediate results and lack the autonomy to act as a business owner this might be too much of a challenge. You will be asked to step outside of your comfort zone on the daily to continuously grow and learn and you should be okay with challenge.

How do you like to compensated? Monetarily, Recognition, Leadership opportunities?

Tell me about a time you had to overcome a personal struggle or tell me about a time you took on a lot of responsibility.

Advice to Management

I would prefer the recruiters to focus on the quality of potential interns rather than the quantity, as the more interns who have poor experiences because they are not cut out to handle the internship might have negative things to say about the internship when they were not suited for it all along.

Enhancing your college experience while growing professionally
Hartford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The freedom to do what I wanted and make as much money as I wanted. There are no end destinations, it is very goal oriented.

The difficulty of starting and maintaining a busy schedule.

If you do decide to pursuit this internship, it will definitely be worth it. You will learn so much and have a huge impact on your friends and family lives.

Do you have any experience in sales?

Great oppritunity to meet and help a lot of people in a very meanigful career.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

helping people and flexible schedual.

I dont really have something about the internship that i didnt like. i thought it was very well put together.

Dont hesitate ondoing this just becauseit is commision. This is an amazing experience!!!

Have you ever been in a management situation? If so, explain.

Advice to Management

I truely would noy improve my og\rganization at all!!! my advice to management would be to keep doing what your doing.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

The oppertunity of a LIFE TIME
Portland, OR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You get to test drive a career

Being self empoyed and having to learn to organized my own day. Not having someone telling me when it was due.

Test drive the career and get to know the carecter of the organization and find out if it will be a fit for you.

Financial Freedom is Glorious
Madison, WI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Freedom to fail.

Lack of structure in remote offices.

Network yourself so deep in groups of people, it doesn't matter what job you want or need; the network will help you find your groove.

Advice to Management

Slush fund for new interns to get out and market themselves would be helpful.

Real Life, hands on internship!
Princeton, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the training and hands on learning by doing joint work with veteran reps.

Hard to keep up while back at shcool. More for summer.

tyr it and you will know if the career is for you.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

A competitive, fun, and challeneging way to learn the indusrty
Pittsburgh, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned more than I did in school. I was able to grow up as an individual while getting real life experience. I didn't have to grab coffee or do administrative work.

It was stressful at times.

Everybody should at least give it a shot. I never thought of this as a career when I started, but I gave it a chance and now I am here.

What makes you a good fit?

Advice to Management

I think it is fine the way it is. As long as you take the internship seriously and are coachable you will learn more than in any other internship.

Real life experience
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting with clients, learning what the actual career is like

A lot of training

If you want to own your own business and have face-to-face interaction with clients, also the coaching is great!

Do you want to be rewarded for your efforts/performance

Advice to Management

More activity on the campus