Date: 2013

Helping to impact the lives of others.

Working hands on with clients, and building strong relationships.

none that I can think of.

Come in to the internship with a strong attitude and great work ethic.

Date: 2013

You made copies or input useless data for someone else while I started my own business as an intern!

Flexibility of schedule and the ability to make as much money as I want.

It's not for the faint of heart. It's hard work but it pays off.

You will not get better actual work experience anywhere else. You'll learn more in this internship than you ever thought possible and it will make you a better professional.

A REAL CAREER TEST DRIVE

The fact that you had flexibility and could be compensated just like a full time advisor.

What i liked least was that it made me VERY uncomfortable at the time, much like any new business owner would. It was sink or swim, but in retrospect thats what made me who I am today and I'm happy with that.

The fact that this is an internship that you will grow in more than you could ever think possible. Its heavy duty and even if you dont find this career to be your passion, you will be a stronger human being.

Advice to Management

I would say it specific to the different offices. As a whole, we need to constantly improve on being great role models to our interns we bring on and make sure we have the infrastructre to support all that we promise.

Date: 2013

The best opportunity that can be afforded to a college student.

Independence, Income, and Impact

There is nothing wrong that I would say here.

Take the leap!

Awesome

Real work experience

Nothing at all

Think about where you want to be 5+ years from now and decide if this can get you there

Date: 2013

Literally the best thing that has ever happenned to me. Absolutely life changing in the best way possible

the real world hands on experience; I learned more about the insurance/financial services industry in 3 months doing this internship than I did during 4 years of college business school.

You have to be self motivated and must be willing to work hard!

Only the strong survive and succeed in this internship/career. It is truly hands on real world experience; interns are doing the same thing that the full time reps do, the numbers expectations for interns is lower than full-time, but you do the exact same thing the full-timers do.

Advice to Management

Northwestern Mutual is such an amazing company that they have all aspects of management down to a science. Some offices will differ from others, but the network I am in I have zero complaints; I can always find help when I need it, the compensation is more than fair, and I decide my own hours. There is a fairly high turnover rate, but that is because most people can't hack it. This business is not easy, but nothing in life worth doing is easy. If you can rise above and succeed, I vehemently believe that this career can be the most satisfying career in the world.

Date: 2013

It is an amazing life changing expirience.

Pay, Schedule, I am my own boss

Nothing it is amazing.... I am the only thing that stands in my way!

If you do it you better be all in.

Advice to Management

None I have it good being at Northwestern Mutual

Date: 2013

An internship that creates great generational employees but more importantly better people

Pay, opportunity, the lack of micromanagement, accessibility to resources and guidance, career opportunity

The least favorite parts are ultimately what creates urgency to do better (i.e. lack of hourly pay)

Although all commission and sales are a scary thing, taking advantage of an opportunity that requires you to fulfill the responsibilities of a CEO at an early age will propel your professional life regardless of where one ends up

Advice to Management

I have no quarrels here

Real world experience

Test driving the full time career

Self discipline was a struggle at first but I have made great progress in that area that will help me in all aspects of life

Not many internships give you the flexibility and power to try out the real career. You won't be doing pointless things like catering to someone.

Advice to Management

Training could use some work

Date: 2013

The start to an incredible life!

Culture, opportunity, impact

That instill had to go to class. I wanted to leave school my senior year because I knew I had found the career I was destined to be in.

It may change your life and help define your future.