Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst and Associate Programs Internship

Date: 2012

Great learning experience and insight into the role of a full time analyst.

Culture and people, amount of responsibility given to interns

Work you do is very dependent on the market environment and what deals are going on at the time of the internship

Work hard, ask questions

Date: 2012

Challenging, yet rewarding and an unbelievable experience

Weekly teach-ins as an internship class as well as within my division Respect from upper management and the desire to have a great learning internship process Corporate Culture Constant opportunities to interact with senior management in different divisions

Honestly, there were no negative aspects of my internship experience. I knew the work was going to be tough but I learned a lot and it was extremely rewarding. The fact that I received a full time offer and accepted made everything worth while and I am looking forward to joining the firm full-time in July of 2013.

When making pitch books or any other material, PAY ATTENTION TO DETAL Be very confident around your bosses Look the part, appearance means more than you think You are constantly being observed, always look like you are happy to be in the office and take pride in your work Do not be afraid to ask questions but never ask the same question twice or a question that you can easily find the answer for elsewhere

Date: 2012

Warm welcome by colleagues coupled with excellent opportunities for networking and working experience

Access to senior management, the firms investment in the interns and in developing their talent, firm culture, excellent manager

Housing subsidy couldn't cover cost of rent in NYC but I appreciated having a subsidy at all!

Excellent employer, really care about their people which was unexpected in a wall street firm. Unique culture- I can't overemphasize what a difference it makes in your experience when yo enjoy and admire your co-workers

Advice to Management

Training might include more firm-specific processes on the onset and grant more immediate access to programs so that interns can be more value add right away

Discover. Impact. Convert

- Networking opportunities - Incredibly organized and structured - Designed to facilitate full-time opportunities

- Very demanding / needed to work 7 days a week

- Excellent opportunity to learn more about finance and facilitate a career transition, especially at the MBA-level.

Date: 2012

I was able to get the feel of a trading floor, understand how all the gears work, and learn from a closely developed mentorship program.

Close contact with senior executives.

Being stuck with an undesirable desk placement.

Figure out what you want to do before you get there.

Date: 2012

Opportunity to assume real responsiblity on live, active client engagements.

There were many positive aspects of the internship. For one, the team was fantastic and did a great job to fully integrate the interns into the office culture. The firm set up a number of special events for the interns to learn about the all aspects of the business, not just the area in which a particular intern was assigned for the summer. The work given to interns was exciting and mission critical - it was great to have an opportunity to take a leadership role on an active client engagements.

There was very little not to like.

As suggested by the firm, it is a great idea to get to know many people throughout the firm, and to get familiar with what all the groups in the firm do on a day-to-day basis. It can be tempting to focus on the work of your specific group, but overall it is very beneficial to get a broad perspective.

Technology meets Finance. Breathtaking

Collegaues Work Social Life

Size of Organization

Work liike there is no tomorrow. Be pasionate, resourceful and naive about what is possible.

Advice to Management

Place interns in a setting with mentorship as a focus.

Rigorous intellectual experience

The people I met, the information I learned, and the responsibility I was given.

Nothing! I had a great experience

One must feel comfortable with and adapt to the company culture

Date: 2012

The Morgan Stanley internship experience is the best you can ask for.

Gaining hands on experience in the area of operation, networking and just working with the most amazing operation team

I would have liked to have been able to do more to assist my team. But, because I was an intern there were a lot of limitations.

Morgan Stanley is one of the most diverse financial institution. If you are looking to do actual work and meet one of the most amazing team, Morgan Stanley is the best place to be.

Date: 2012

Unparalleled experience, amazing people, and best exit opportunities.

The best aspect of the internship were the people that worked in my department who were truly inspiring. The amount of team integration and responsibility was also great.

The only thing that was tough is the lack of sleep. That said the hours (generally 110-130 per week) I actually quite liked so long as I remembered to go directly to sleep when I needed to.

The work/life balance may seem like a daunting situation to deal with however when you're working at an organization that has the caliber of people that Morgan Stanley does, it's hard not to get inthralled with the work and allow yourself to actually enjoy showing up everyday. I know personally it was the best experience of my life.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)