Intern at Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst and Associate Programs? Submit a Review

A True Hands On Crash Course in Investment Banking

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best parts of my internship experience was how closely we were integrated into the team and relied upon during our 10 week program. From Analysts to Managing Directors, all members of our group took an extremely invested interest in teaching us and being there for us to engage with them. In addition to having the assistance of great colleagues and mentors, the training and on-the-job learning was an incredibly rewarding experience and I know that I have several relationships that I will value for the rest of my career.

I truly enjoyed the experience and would highly recommend the internship program to any student looking for a summer experience where he/she will be given a high level of responsibility at an early stage.

One of the themes that I have seen throughout my experience at Morgan Stanley is its dedication to cultivating young talent and adjusting to work closely with colleagues who very much care about your own development was one of the best parts of my summer.

Advice to Management

I highly valued our training program and firm-wide events throughout the summer and feel that they are a great part of the experience as a whole.

Working at Morgan Stanley is the most professionally and academically stimulating and rewarding way to spend 10-weeks

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with people of various levels at the firm, creating a final project that will be published by my team

Like any internship or job, there are stressful times when you make mistakes and do not know how others think about you. The key to these tough times is to learn from your mistakes and move forward.

The easiest way to survive your internship is if you truly enjoy the job. Make sure you fully research the firm and job position you are interested in.

Advice to Management

I think Morgan Stanley is the ideal firm to work at.

Learned more, worked harder, and had more fun than I had ever expected

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to senior professional and relevance of assigned work

Many positions require extensive hours

If you are interested in sales & trading and investment banking in general this was an outstanding program that I would definitely do again if it was last year. Morgan Stanley treats all their employees extremely well regardless of what role you have.

Advice to Management

Nothing, the only drawback for many positions are the hours but that is expected in these types of positions.

Work hard, play hard. I worked my tail off, had a great time, and got a great full time job out of my internship.

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team atmosphere, variety of projects, and interaction with full-time employees.

Sometimes I felt as though I could have received a bit more critical feedback.

Be prepared to work in a very high intensity, highly intellectually stimulating environment where you will be challenged, however also rewarded.

While my peers at other firms dreaded going to work every morning, I woke up excited to work with my team every day for the full ten weeks.

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

People were incredibly helpful and willing to teach and guide, despite large time commitments of their own
Work was challenging and stimulating
Collegial atmosphere and camaraderie among interns and between interns and full-time employees

It would be difficult to point to anything besides the fact that I couldn't start immediately following the internships completion. Sometimes it was frustrating trying to find a cab in Times Square on a Friday night.

While there are other firms with the prestige of Morgan Stanley, I think you will be hard pressed to find a place you will genuinely enjoy working as much as you would at Morgan Stanley. You can't emphasize culture enough when you're considering a place you will spend 70-100 hours per week at.

Advice to Management

The Global Capital Markets program is perfect. I have nothing to add.

A great opportunity to learn and to grow professionally

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Mentoring program (both assigned mentors and senior people who took the effort to train interns)

I cannot think of any.
If we could have more events/ lecture specific to our department (versus the entire division), it would be even better

- Be prepared to learn a lot and challenge yourself.
- Be open-minded and versatile
- Take ownership of your assignments no matter how trivial it may seem... because it is not. A great internship is where a junior person learn how to be professional.

Intensive and Insightful

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The accessibility, help, and expertise of senior employers and their drive to help you learn.

The testing.

This is a great internship if you are all looking for hands on experience/being forced to learn as opposed to internships that involve shadowing and simply busy work.

Advice to Management

N/A

Lots of responsibility and accelerated rate of learning, but always plenty of support and guidance

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The support from my team and the amount of time and energy and clear interest that even the most senior members invested in me and my development.

The hours were long, but I expected that and I know that it is part of the job

The people there really make it what it is and I can't say enough good things about them. Everyone treated the interns like they were vital parts of the operations on the floor and clearly wanted us to succeed and did everything possible to ensure that we did.

My overall experience was very good.Very good for interns

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was working as part of technology division , got a opportunity to network with people across the firm.During the program, they make sure interns understand the firm culture and what it takes to be part of firm.

I found it difficult to handle the breaks for the events planned as part of the internship because when you have something to work, breaks doesn't help much.

Morgan stanley is very open not like other financial firms.You can express your ideas and there is someone happen to listen to you. Scope for growth and role changes are enormous.You can easily switch teams.They use diverse technology stacks not afraid to update things when something news comes in the market.

Advice to Management

No issues here.

Networking and Learning.

Culture and availability.

The rotational structure.

Think about how you fit in the culture of the firm.

Advice to Management

Stop the rotation program because it creates odd pressures.