Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst and Associate Programs Internship

Date: 2012

Great firm with a great culture

-Very tight-knit group -Senior people within the group were very understanding, cared about you, and were very helpful -Great opportunity to meet with clients (almost every meeting)

-Little bit secluded location

This is a great firm. Everyone is very nice and great to work with. Highly recommend Morgan Stanley to anyone looking to get into finance.

Date: 2012

Learned to work in a professional environment. Forced to hit the ground running and loved it.

Amazing people there to help and push you.

Training was a bit dull at times

Morgan Stanley is an incredible company that offers a program second to none.

Intensive and Insightful

The accessibility, help, and expertise of senior employers and their drive to help you learn.

The testing.

This is a great internship if you are all looking for hands on experience/being forced to learn as opposed to internships that involve shadowing and simply busy work.

Advice to Management

N/A

Date: 2012

Work hard, play hard. I worked my tail off, had a great time, and got a great full time job out of my internship.

The team atmosphere, variety of projects, and interaction with full-time employees.

Sometimes I felt as though I could have received a bit more critical feedback.

Be prepared to work in a very high intensity, highly intellectually stimulating environment where you will be challenged, however also rewarded.

Date: 2012

Place where I wanted to be and dreamed of

Networking opportunity, great exposure to different works, compensation and benefits

Offices scattered in the city

Be yourself

Advice to Management

More networking events for full-time employees

Date: 2012

Working at Morgan Stanley is the most professionally and academically stimulating and rewarding way to spend 10-weeks

Interacting with people of various levels at the firm, creating a final project that will be published by my team

Like any internship or job, there are stressful times when you make mistakes and do not know how others think about you. The key to these tough times is to learn from your mistakes and move forward.

The easiest way to survive your internship is if you truly enjoy the job. Make sure you fully research the firm and job position you are interested in.

Advice to Management

I think Morgan Stanley is the ideal firm to work at.

Date: 2012

Fast-paced, intellectually stimulating, and challenging introduction to investment banking

The best aspects were definitely the people at Morgan Stanley. They were intelligent, friendly, and passionate, but most of all, they were conscious of your and others well-being during the experience.

I think the toughest part is obviously the hours, but everyone knows that going in. It's hard to go without sleep, but it is also an aspect that bonds the analysts as they share the late nights.

Morgan Stanley was the right choice for me because of the awesome people I met in the program. Since you will be spending so much time with them, it is important that you enjoy the people you will be with. Finally, it is also great that Morgan Stanley extends so many offers to its summer interns reducing the competitive environment during the internship experience.

Advice to Management

I think it would be wonderful if the flow of information from the top level down to the analysts was a little more rapid in some cases, but I think that is a problem across the industry.

Best experience on the Street

Culture on the floor

Nothing at all

Keep your GPA up and network, network, network.

Date: 2012

An amazing experience in risk research

Working with great people and working on interesting, meaningful projects

I liked everything.

Be ready to work hard, but also to be rewarded and recognized

Date: 2012

Opportunity to assume real responsiblity on live, active client engagements.

There were many positive aspects of the internship. For one, the team was fantastic and did a great job to fully integrate the interns into the office culture. The firm set up a number of special events for the interns to learn about the all aspects of the business, not just the area in which a particular intern was assigned for the summer. The work given to interns was exciting and mission critical - it was great to have an opportunity to take a leadership role on an active client engagements.

There was very little not to like.

As suggested by the firm, it is a great idea to get to know many people throughout the firm, and to get familiar with what all the groups in the firm do on a day-to-day basis. It can be tempting to focus on the work of your specific group, but overall it is very beneficial to get a broad perspective.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)