Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst and Associate Programs Internship

Intern at Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst and Associate Programs Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

A True Hands On Crash Course in Investment Banking
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best parts of my internship experience was how closely we were integrated into the team and relied upon during our 10 week program. From Analysts to Managing Directors, all members of our group took an extremely invested interest in teaching us and being there for us to engage with them. In addition to having the assistance of great colleagues and mentors, the training and on-the-job learning was an incredibly rewarding experience and I know that I have several relationships that I will value for the rest of my career.

I truly enjoyed the experience and would highly recommend the internship program to any student looking for a summer experience where he/she will be given a high level of responsibility at an early stage.

One of the themes that I have seen throughout my experience at Morgan Stanley is its dedication to cultivating young talent and adjusting to work closely with colleagues who very much care about your own development was one of the best parts of my summer.

Advice to Management

I highly valued our training program and firm-wide events throughout the summer and feel that they are a great part of the experience as a whole.

While my peers at other firms dreaded going to work every morning, I woke up excited to work with my team every day for the full ten weeks.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

People were incredibly helpful and willing to teach and guide, despite large time commitments of their own
Work was challenging and stimulating
Collegial atmosphere and camaraderie among interns and between interns and full-time employees

It would be difficult to point to anything besides the fact that I couldn't start immediately following the internships completion. Sometimes it was frustrating trying to find a cab in Times Square on a Friday night.

While there are other firms with the prestige of Morgan Stanley, I think you will be hard pressed to find a place you will genuinely enjoy working as much as you would at Morgan Stanley. You can't emphasize culture enough when you're considering a place you will spend 70-100 hours per week at.

Advice to Management

The Global Capital Markets program is perfect. I have nothing to add.

A great opportunity to learn and to grow professionally
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Mentoring program (both assigned mentors and senior people who took the effort to train interns)

I cannot think of any.
If we could have more events/ lecture specific to our department (versus the entire division), it would be even better

- Be prepared to learn a lot and challenge yourself.
- Be open-minded and versatile
- Take ownership of your assignments no matter how trivial it may seem... because it is not. A great internship is where a junior person learn how to be professional.

Work hard, play hard. I worked my tail off, had a great time, and got a great full time job out of my internship.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team atmosphere, variety of projects, and interaction with full-time employees.

Sometimes I felt as though I could have received a bit more critical feedback.

Be prepared to work in a very high intensity, highly intellectually stimulating environment where you will be challenged, however also rewarded.

Learned a tremendous amount and pushed me to my limits

The people I met

Unpredictability of hours

Great experience

Place where I wanted to be and dreamed of
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking opportunity, great exposure to different works, compensation and benefits

Offices scattered in the city

Be yourself

Advice to Management

More networking events for full-time employees

Intensive and Insightful
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The accessibility, help, and expertise of senior employers and their drive to help you learn.

The testing.

This is a great internship if you are all looking for hands on experience/being forced to learn as opposed to internships that involve shadowing and simply busy work.

Advice to Management

N/A

Great experience meeting interesting people and working on high profile projects.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the quality of the projects staffed on as an intern.

The unpredictability of the hours, but that was expected going in with investment banking.

Go through group selection with the people you will be working with in mind. Analysts will be gone by the time you start, focus on the associates and VPs because they will dictate the quality of your full time experience.

Advice to Management

More group wide team building activities would boost morale.

Working at Morgan Stanley is the most professionally and academically stimulating and rewarding way to spend 10-weeks
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with people of various levels at the firm, creating a final project that will be published by my team

Like any internship or job, there are stressful times when you make mistakes and do not know how others think about you. The key to these tough times is to learn from your mistakes and move forward.

The easiest way to survive your internship is if you truly enjoy the job. Make sure you fully research the firm and job position you are interested in.

Advice to Management

I think Morgan Stanley is the ideal firm to work at.

Learned to work in a professional environment. Forced to hit the ground running and loved it.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people there to help and push you.

Training was a bit dull at times

Morgan Stanley is an incredible company that offers a program second to none.