Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst and Associate Programs Internship

Intern at Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst and Associate Programs Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

An amazing experience in risk research
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with great people and working on interesting, meaningful projects

I liked everything.

Be ready to work hard, but also to be rewarded and recognized

Best experience on the Street

Culture on the floor

Nothing at all

Keep your GPA up and network, network, network.

Working at Morgan Stanley is the most professionally and academically stimulating and rewarding way to spend 10-weeks
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with people of various levels at the firm, creating a final project that will be published by my team

Like any internship or job, there are stressful times when you make mistakes and do not know how others think about you. The key to these tough times is to learn from your mistakes and move forward.

The easiest way to survive your internship is if you truly enjoy the job. Make sure you fully research the firm and job position you are interested in.

Advice to Management

I think Morgan Stanley is the ideal firm to work at.

Fast-paced, intellectually stimulating, and challenging introduction to investment banking
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were definitely the people at Morgan Stanley. They were intelligent, friendly, and passionate, but most of all, they were conscious of your and others well-being during the experience.

I think the toughest part is obviously the hours, but everyone knows that going in. It's hard to go without sleep, but it is also an aspect that bonds the analysts as they share the late nights.

Morgan Stanley was the right choice for me because of the awesome people I met in the program. Since you will be spending so much time with them, it is important that you enjoy the people you will be with. Finally, it is also great that Morgan Stanley extends so many offers to its summer interns reducing the competitive environment during the internship experience.

Advice to Management

I think it would be wonderful if the flow of information from the top level down to the analysts was a little more rapid in some cases, but I think that is a problem across the industry.

Learned a tremendous amount and pushed me to my limits

The people I met

Unpredictability of hours

Great experience

Learned to work in a professional environment. Forced to hit the ground running and loved it.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people there to help and push you.

Training was a bit dull at times

Morgan Stanley is an incredible company that offers a program second to none.

A True Hands On Crash Course in Investment Banking
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best parts of my internship experience was how closely we were integrated into the team and relied upon during our 10 week program. From Analysts to Managing Directors, all members of our group took an extremely invested interest in teaching us and being there for us to engage with them. In addition to having the assistance of great colleagues and mentors, the training and on-the-job learning was an incredibly rewarding experience and I know that I have several relationships that I will value for the rest of my career.

I truly enjoyed the experience and would highly recommend the internship program to any student looking for a summer experience where he/she will be given a high level of responsibility at an early stage.

One of the themes that I have seen throughout my experience at Morgan Stanley is its dedication to cultivating young talent and adjusting to work closely with colleagues who very much care about your own development was one of the best parts of my summer.

Advice to Management

I highly valued our training program and firm-wide events throughout the summer and feel that they are a great part of the experience as a whole.

Morgan Stanley Invests in you.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, real-life experience, and mentoring.

Not as much training as I would have liked.

Go for it. It was a great experience for me and I'd advise encourage anyone to pursue and internship at Morgan Stanley. It is a great career decision.

Advice to Management

More training on specific aspects of audits.

Work hard, play hard. I worked my tail off, had a great time, and got a great full time job out of my internship.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team atmosphere, variety of projects, and interaction with full-time employees.

Sometimes I felt as though I could have received a bit more critical feedback.

Be prepared to work in a very high intensity, highly intellectually stimulating environment where you will be challenged, however also rewarded.

Great learning experience and insight into the role of a full time analyst.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture and people, amount of responsibility given to interns

Work you do is very dependent on the market environment and what deals are going on at the time of the internship

Work hard, ask questions

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)