Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst and Associate Programs Internship

Date: 2012

Unparalleled experience, amazing people, and best exit opportunities.

The best aspect of the internship were the people that worked in my department who were truly inspiring. The amount of team integration and responsibility was also great.

The only thing that was tough is the lack of sleep. That said the hours (generally 110-130 per week) I actually quite liked so long as I remembered to go directly to sleep when I needed to.

The work/life balance may seem like a daunting situation to deal with however when you're working at an organization that has the caliber of people that Morgan Stanley does, it's hard not to get inthralled with the work and allow yourself to actually enjoy showing up everyday. I know personally it was the best experience of my life.

Date: 2012

Networking opportunities are limitless and everyone is willing to talk to the interns

The people The networking opportunities The exposure to the industry Work hours Social events

That we were limited to working in one department

Talk to as many people as you can and document your experiences.

Advice to Management

Have managers per plan projects for the interns to work on in there respective departments.

Networking and Learning.

Culture and availability.

The rotational structure.

Think about how you fit in the culture of the firm.

Advice to Management

Stop the rotation program because it creates odd pressures.

Date: 2012

The Morgan Stanley internship experience is the best you can ask for.

Gaining hands on experience in the area of operation, networking and just working with the most amazing operation team

I would have liked to have been able to do more to assist my team. But, because I was an intern there were a lot of limitations.

Morgan Stanley is one of the most diverse financial institution. If you are looking to do actual work and meet one of the most amazing team, Morgan Stanley is the best place to be.

Date: 2012

Fantastic internship with opportunity for full-time position

Work-life balance and opportunity for full-time offer, wonderful mentoring system, opportunity to learn a lot from senior members of organization.

A trip to Coney Island which is minor.

Morgan Stanley has absolutely wonderful employees, and this internship gives an intern a great look into the firm, and what it is like to work for them full-time.

Advice to Management

From what I understand about their promotion policies, it used to be that you were eligible for a promotion every 18 months, and this has recently been changed to every 2 years. While knowing this did not deter me from signing with Morgan Stanley, it may make me feel differently in due time, once I do actually begin to work.

Date: 2012

My overall experience was very good.Very good for interns

I was working as part of technology division , got a opportunity to network with people across the firm.During the program, they make sure interns understand the firm culture and what it takes to be part of firm.

I found it difficult to handle the breaks for the events planned as part of the internship because when you have something to work, breaks doesn't help much.

Morgan stanley is very open not like other financial firms.You can express your ideas and there is someone happen to listen to you. Scope for growth and role changes are enormous.You can easily switch teams.They use diverse technology stacks not afraid to update things when something news comes in the market.

Advice to Management

No issues here.

Date: 2012

Great firm with a great culture

-Very tight-knit group -Senior people within the group were very understanding, cared about you, and were very helpful -Great opportunity to meet with clients (almost every meeting)

-Little bit secluded location

This is a great firm. Everyone is very nice and great to work with. Highly recommend Morgan Stanley to anyone looking to get into finance.

Intensive and Insightful

The accessibility, help, and expertise of senior employers and their drive to help you learn.

The testing.

This is a great internship if you are all looking for hands on experience/being forced to learn as opposed to internships that involve shadowing and simply busy work.

Advice to Management

N/A

Date: 2012

A great experience including learning about internal audit, Morgan Stanley and also meeting great people

I learned the benefits of starting in the internal audit department. I met many great people that would go out of the way to help me.

Nothing, it was a great summer.

Really consider internal audit. It is a great place to start your career because your job is to learn the processes of the bank.

Advice to Management

Nothing, I had a lot of fun.

Date: 2012

Challenging, yet rewarding and an unbelievable experience

Weekly teach-ins as an internship class as well as within my division Respect from upper management and the desire to have a great learning internship process Corporate Culture Constant opportunities to interact with senior management in different divisions

Honestly, there were no negative aspects of my internship experience. I knew the work was going to be tough but I learned a lot and it was extremely rewarding. The fact that I received a full time offer and accepted made everything worth while and I am looking forward to joining the firm full-time in July of 2013.

When making pitch books or any other material, PAY ATTENTION TO DETAL Be very confident around your bosses Look the part, appearance means more than you think You are constantly being observed, always look like you are happy to be in the office and take pride in your work Do not be afraid to ask questions but never ask the same question twice or a question that you can easily find the answer for elsewhere