Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst and Associate Programs

Work hard, play hard. I worked my tail off, had a great time, and got a great full time job out of my internship.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team atmosphere, variety of projects, and interaction with full-time employees.

Sometimes I felt as though I could have received a bit more critical feedback.

Be prepared to work in a very high intensity, highly intellectually stimulating environment where you will be challenged, however also rewarded.

Learned to work in a professional environment. Forced to hit the ground running and loved it.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people there to help and push you.

Training was a bit dull at times

Morgan Stanley is an incredible company that offers a program second to none.

A True Hands On Crash Course in Investment Banking
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best parts of my internship experience was how closely we were integrated into the team and relied upon during our 10 week program. From Analysts to Managing Directors, all members of our group took an extremely invested interest in teaching us and being there for us to engage with them. In addition to having the assistance of great colleagues and mentors, the training and on-the-job learning was an incredibly rewarding experience and I know that I have several relationships that I will value for the rest of my career.

I truly enjoyed the experience and would highly recommend the internship program to any student looking for a summer experience where he/she will be given a high level of responsibility at an early stage.

One of the themes that I have seen throughout my experience at Morgan Stanley is its dedication to cultivating young talent and adjusting to work closely with colleagues who very much care about your own development was one of the best parts of my summer.

Advice to Management

I highly valued our training program and firm-wide events throughout the summer and feel that they are a great part of the experience as a whole.

Great experience meeting interesting people and working on high profile projects.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the quality of the projects staffed on as an intern.

The unpredictability of the hours, but that was expected going in with investment banking.

Go through group selection with the people you will be working with in mind. Analysts will be gone by the time you start, focus on the associates and VPs because they will dictate the quality of your full time experience.

Advice to Management

More group wide team building activities would boost morale.

The greatest learning and growing experience

The people were awesome

I honestly can't think it anything. It was great.

The people actually care about your development personally and professionally, and go out of their way to help you. It's an awesome place to work.

Intensive and Insightful
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The accessibility, help, and expertise of senior employers and their drive to help you learn.

The testing.

This is a great internship if you are all looking for hands on experience/being forced to learn as opposed to internships that involve shadowing and simply busy work.

Advice to Management

N/A

it was great
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

loved people worked with. corporate culture is very good

there is nothing did not like. t was good experience

review excel before your start date. take good notes when you start working

Advice to Management

n/a

Challenging, yet rewarding and an unbelievable experience
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Weekly teach-ins as an internship class as well as within my division
Respect from upper management and the desire to have a great learning internship process
Corporate Culture
Constant opportunities to interact with senior management in different divisions

Honestly, there were no negative aspects of my internship experience. I knew the work was going to be tough but I learned a lot and it was extremely rewarding. The fact that I received a full time offer and accepted made everything worth while and I am looking forward to joining the firm full-time in July of 2013.

When making pitch books or any other material, PAY ATTENTION TO DETAL
Be very confident around your bosses
Look the part, appearance means more than you think
You are constantly being observed, always look like you are happy to be in the office and take pride in your work
Do not be afraid to ask questions but never ask the same question twice or a question that you can easily find the answer for elsewhere

Lots of responsibility and accelerated rate of learning, but always plenty of support and guidance
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The support from my team and the amount of time and energy and clear interest that even the most senior members invested in me and my development.

The hours were long, but I expected that and I know that it is part of the job

The people there really make it what it is and I can't say enough good things about them. Everyone treated the interns like they were vital parts of the operations on the floor and clearly wanted us to succeed and did everything possible to ensure that we did.

Warm welcome by colleagues coupled with excellent opportunities for networking and working experience
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Access to senior management, the firms investment in the interns and in developing their talent, firm culture, excellent manager

Housing subsidy couldn't cover cost of rent in NYC but I appreciated having a subsidy at all!

Excellent employer, really care about their people which was unexpected in a wall street firm. Unique culture- I can't overemphasize what a difference it makes in your experience when yo enjoy and admire your co-workers

Advice to Management

Training might include more firm-specific processes on the onset and grant more immediate access to programs so that interns can be more value add right away

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)