Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst and Associate Programs

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 169 Intern Reviews)

Learned a tremendous amount and pushed me to my limits

The people I met

Unpredictability of hours

Great experience

My overall experience was very good.Very good for interns
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was working as part of technology division , got a opportunity to network with people across the firm.During the program, they make sure interns understand the firm culture and what it takes to be part of firm.

I found it difficult to handle the breaks for the events planned as part of the internship because when you have something to work, breaks doesn't help much.

Morgan stanley is very open not like other financial firms.You can express your ideas and there is someone happen to listen to you. Scope for growth and role changes are enormous.You can easily switch teams.They use diverse technology stacks not afraid to update things when something news comes in the market.

Advice to Management

No issues here.

Networking and Learning.

Culture and availability.

The rotational structure.

Think about how you fit in the culture of the firm.

Advice to Management

Stop the rotation program because it creates odd pressures.

Work hard, play hard. I worked my tail off, had a great time, and got a great full time job out of my internship.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team atmosphere, variety of projects, and interaction with full-time employees.

Sometimes I felt as though I could have received a bit more critical feedback.

Be prepared to work in a very high intensity, highly intellectually stimulating environment where you will be challenged, however also rewarded.

An Extensive Immersion Into the Life of An Equity Research Analyst
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

You are given an extraordinary amount of responsiblity from day one. A true proxy for work as a full-time analyst.

Final presentation is very stressful, but provides an opportunity to show your work to upper management.

Embrace the work and you will love it.

Time to clock in
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I didn't rotate around the office so I had the opportunity to work with one team for the entire duration of my internship. This meant that I was working at a level expected of a normal analyst and not just being given busy intern work. The intern project was also *very* intensive and I am immensely glad we were assigned something so technical.

The woman two cubicles down from me who broadcasted how horrible her life was on the hour, every hour. She was the exception to the rule though.

Carry a small notebook around and write down every thing. Don't get something? Go back and review. God help you if you just nod your head and yes people to death then get back to your desk and forgot what they asked you to do.

Advice to Management

Keep on top of the teams that are working with analysts. I was very fortunate to get an amazing team, others were stuck with busy work and absentee bosses that left them wondering if any one actually cared what they did.

Great experience meeting interesting people and working on high profile projects.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the quality of the projects staffed on as an intern.

The unpredictability of the hours, but that was expected going in with investment banking.

Go through group selection with the people you will be working with in mind. Analysts will be gone by the time you start, focus on the associates and VPs because they will dictate the quality of your full time experience.

Advice to Management

More group wide team building activities would boost morale.

Challenging, yet rewarding and an unbelievable experience
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Weekly teach-ins as an internship class as well as within my division
Respect from upper management and the desire to have a great learning internship process
Corporate Culture
Constant opportunities to interact with senior management in different divisions

Honestly, there were no negative aspects of my internship experience. I knew the work was going to be tough but I learned a lot and it was extremely rewarding. The fact that I received a full time offer and accepted made everything worth while and I am looking forward to joining the firm full-time in July of 2013.

When making pitch books or any other material, PAY ATTENTION TO DETAL
Be very confident around your bosses
Look the part, appearance means more than you think
You are constantly being observed, always look like you are happy to be in the office and take pride in your work
Do not be afraid to ask questions but never ask the same question twice or a question that you can easily find the answer for elsewhere

A True Hands On Crash Course in Investment Banking
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best parts of my internship experience was how closely we were integrated into the team and relied upon during our 10 week program. From Analysts to Managing Directors, all members of our group took an extremely invested interest in teaching us and being there for us to engage with them. In addition to having the assistance of great colleagues and mentors, the training and on-the-job learning was an incredibly rewarding experience and I know that I have several relationships that I will value for the rest of my career.

I truly enjoyed the experience and would highly recommend the internship program to any student looking for a summer experience where he/she will be given a high level of responsibility at an early stage.

One of the themes that I have seen throughout my experience at Morgan Stanley is its dedication to cultivating young talent and adjusting to work closely with colleagues who very much care about your own development was one of the best parts of my summer.

Advice to Management

I highly valued our training program and firm-wide events throughout the summer and feel that they are a great part of the experience as a whole.

Learned to work in a professional environment. Forced to hit the ground running and loved it.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people there to help and push you.

Training was a bit dull at times

Morgan Stanley is an incredible company that offers a program second to none.