Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst and Associate Programs Internship

Date: 2012

The greatest learning and growing experience

The people were awesome

I honestly can't think it anything. It was great.

The people actually care about your development personally and professionally, and go out of their way to help you. It's an awesome place to work.

Date: 2012

A hands-on experience working with the brightest people in the investment banking industry on market-defining transactions.

Selective summer associate program within GCM, the high level of responsibility place on me quickly by senior managers, diversified industry / product exposure, excellent culture and working environment, and access to senior management.

I cannot think of anything I disliked about the internship.

Rigorous (and fair) interview process regardless of your background and experience prior to business school. A high level of preparation is required, not just on technicals but behavioral questions as well, in order to be successful in the recruiting process.

Advice to Management

I had an excellent 10 week experience and cannot comment on anything specific I saw that need improvement during my short internship period.

Date: 2012

Work hard, play hard. I worked my tail off, had a great time, and got a great full time job out of my internship.

The team atmosphere, variety of projects, and interaction with full-time employees.

Sometimes I felt as though I could have received a bit more critical feedback.

Be prepared to work in a very high intensity, highly intellectually stimulating environment where you will be challenged, however also rewarded.

Date: 2012

Fast-paced, intellectually stimulating, and challenging introduction to investment banking

The best aspects were definitely the people at Morgan Stanley. They were intelligent, friendly, and passionate, but most of all, they were conscious of your and others well-being during the experience.

I think the toughest part is obviously the hours, but everyone knows that going in. It's hard to go without sleep, but it is also an aspect that bonds the analysts as they share the late nights.

Morgan Stanley was the right choice for me because of the awesome people I met in the program. Since you will be spending so much time with them, it is important that you enjoy the people you will be with. Finally, it is also great that Morgan Stanley extends so many offers to its summer interns reducing the competitive environment during the internship experience.

Advice to Management

I think it would be wonderful if the flow of information from the top level down to the analysts was a little more rapid in some cases, but I think that is a problem across the industry.

A True Hands On Crash Course in Investment Banking

One of the best parts of my internship experience was how closely we were integrated into the team and relied upon during our 10 week program. From Analysts to Managing Directors, all members of our group took an extremely invested interest in teaching us and being there for us to engage with them. In addition to having the assistance of great colleagues and mentors, the training and on-the-job learning was an incredibly rewarding experience and I know that I have several relationships that I will value for the rest of my career.

I truly enjoyed the experience and would highly recommend the internship program to any student looking for a summer experience where he/she will be given a high level of responsibility at an early stage.

One of the themes that I have seen throughout my experience at Morgan Stanley is its dedication to cultivating young talent and adjusting to work closely with colleagues who very much care about your own development was one of the best parts of my summer.

Advice to Management

I highly valued our training program and firm-wide events throughout the summer and feel that they are a great part of the experience as a whole.

Date: 2012

My overall experience was very good.Very good for interns

I was working as part of technology division , got a opportunity to network with people across the firm.During the program, they make sure interns understand the firm culture and what it takes to be part of firm.

I found it difficult to handle the breaks for the events planned as part of the internship because when you have something to work, breaks doesn't help much.

Morgan stanley is very open not like other financial firms.You can express your ideas and there is someone happen to listen to you. Scope for growth and role changes are enormous.You can easily switch teams.They use diverse technology stacks not afraid to update things when something news comes in the market.

Advice to Management

No issues here.

Date: 2012

A great experience including learning about internal audit, Morgan Stanley and also meeting great people

I learned the benefits of starting in the internal audit department. I met many great people that would go out of the way to help me.

Nothing, it was a great summer.

Really consider internal audit. It is a great place to start your career because your job is to learn the processes of the bank.

Advice to Management

Nothing, I had a lot of fun.

Networking and Learning.

Culture and availability.

The rotational structure.

Think about how you fit in the culture of the firm.

Advice to Management

Stop the rotation program because it creates odd pressures.

Date: 2012

Learned a tremendous amount and pushed me to my limits

The people I met

Unpredictability of hours

Great experience

Date: 2012

Learned more, worked harder, and had more fun than I had ever expected

Exposure to senior professional and relevance of assigned work

Many positions require extensive hours

If you are interested in sales & trading and investment banking in general this was an outstanding program that I would definitely do again if it was last year. Morgan Stanley treats all their employees extremely well regardless of what role you have.

Advice to Management

Nothing, the only drawback for many positions are the hours but that is expected in these types of positions.