4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 169 Intern Reviews)

A True Hands On Crash Course in Investment Banking
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best parts of my internship experience was how closely we were integrated into the team and relied upon during our 10 week program. From Analysts to Managing Directors, all members of our group took an extremely invested interest in teaching us and being there for us to engage with them. In addition to having the assistance of great colleagues and mentors, the training and on-the-job learning was an incredibly rewarding experience and I know that I have several relationships that I will value for the rest of my career.

I truly enjoyed the experience and would highly recommend the internship program to any student looking for a summer experience where he/she will be given a high level of responsibility at an early stage.

One of the themes that I have seen throughout my experience at Morgan Stanley is its dedication to cultivating young talent and adjusting to work closely with colleagues who very much care about your own development was one of the best parts of my summer.

Advice to Management

I highly valued our training program and firm-wide events throughout the summer and feel that they are a great part of the experience as a whole.

Learned to work in a professional environment. Forced to hit the ground running and loved it.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people there to help and push you.

Training was a bit dull at times

Morgan Stanley is an incredible company that offers a program second to none.

Place where I wanted to be and dreamed of
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking opportunity, great exposure to different works, compensation and benefits

Offices scattered in the city

Be yourself

Advice to Management

More networking events for full-time employees

Fast-paced, intellectually stimulating, and challenging introduction to investment banking
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were definitely the people at Morgan Stanley. They were intelligent, friendly, and passionate, but most of all, they were conscious of your and others well-being during the experience.

I think the toughest part is obviously the hours, but everyone knows that going in. It's hard to go without sleep, but it is also an aspect that bonds the analysts as they share the late nights.

Morgan Stanley was the right choice for me because of the awesome people I met in the program. Since you will be spending so much time with them, it is important that you enjoy the people you will be with. Finally, it is also great that Morgan Stanley extends so many offers to its summer interns reducing the competitive environment during the internship experience.

Advice to Management

I think it would be wonderful if the flow of information from the top level down to the analysts was a little more rapid in some cases, but I think that is a problem across the industry.

Working at Morgan Stanley is the most professionally and academically stimulating and rewarding way to spend 10-weeks
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with people of various levels at the firm, creating a final project that will be published by my team

Like any internship or job, there are stressful times when you make mistakes and do not know how others think about you. The key to these tough times is to learn from your mistakes and move forward.

The easiest way to survive your internship is if you truly enjoy the job. Make sure you fully research the firm and job position you are interested in.

Advice to Management

I think Morgan Stanley is the ideal firm to work at.

A hands-on experience working with the brightest people in the investment banking industry on market-defining transactions.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Selective summer associate program within GCM, the high level of responsibility place on me quickly by senior managers, diversified industry / product exposure, excellent culture and working environment, and access to senior management.

I cannot think of anything I disliked about the internship.

Rigorous (and fair) interview process regardless of your background and experience prior to business school. A high level of preparation is required, not just on technicals but behavioral questions as well, in order to be successful in the recruiting process.

Advice to Management

I had an excellent 10 week experience and cannot comment on anything specific I saw that need improvement during my short internship period.

Intensive and Insightful
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The accessibility, help, and expertise of senior employers and their drive to help you learn.

The testing.

This is a great internship if you are all looking for hands on experience/being forced to learn as opposed to internships that involve shadowing and simply busy work.

Advice to Management

N/A

Best experience on the Street

Culture on the floor

Nothing at all

Keep your GPA up and network, network, network.

An amazing experience in risk research
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with great people and working on interesting, meaningful projects

I liked everything.

Be ready to work hard, but also to be rewarded and recognized

it was great
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

loved people worked with. corporate culture is very good

there is nothing did not like. t was good experience

review excel before your start date. take good notes when you start working

Advice to Management

n/a