Intern at Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst and Associate Programs? Submit a Review

Learned a tremendous amount and pushed me to my limits

The people I met

Unpredictability of hours

Great experience

A great experience including learning about internal audit, Morgan Stanley and also meeting great people

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned the benefits of starting in the internal audit department. I met many great people that would go out of the way to help me.

Nothing, it was a great summer.

Really consider internal audit. It is a great place to start your career because your job is to learn the processes of the bank.

Advice to Management

Nothing, I had a lot of fun.

My overall experience was very good.Very good for interns

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was working as part of technology division , got a opportunity to network with people across the firm.During the program, they make sure interns understand the firm culture and what it takes to be part of firm.

I found it difficult to handle the breaks for the events planned as part of the internship because when you have something to work, breaks doesn't help much.

Morgan stanley is very open not like other financial firms.You can express your ideas and there is someone happen to listen to you. Scope for growth and role changes are enormous.You can easily switch teams.They use diverse technology stacks not afraid to update things when something news comes in the market.

Advice to Management

No issues here.

Networking and Learning.

Culture and availability.

The rotational structure.

Think about how you fit in the culture of the firm.

Advice to Management

Stop the rotation program because it creates odd pressures.

Learned more, worked harder, and had more fun than I had ever expected

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to senior professional and relevance of assigned work

Many positions require extensive hours

If you are interested in sales & trading and investment banking in general this was an outstanding program that I would definitely do again if it was last year. Morgan Stanley treats all their employees extremely well regardless of what role you have.

Advice to Management

Nothing, the only drawback for many positions are the hours but that is expected in these types of positions.

Learned to work in a professional environment. Forced to hit the ground running and loved it.

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people there to help and push you.

Training was a bit dull at times

Morgan Stanley is an incredible company that offers a program second to none.

Great firm with a great culture

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Very tight-knit group
-Senior people within the group were very understanding, cared about you, and were very helpful
-Great opportunity to meet with clients (almost every meeting)

-Little bit secluded location

This is a great firm. Everyone is very nice and great to work with. Highly recommend Morgan Stanley to anyone looking to get into finance.

Challenging but rewarding.

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

High level of responsibility and trust.

Longer hours than friends at competing firms.

Very quantitative and communication focused.

Fast-paced, intellectually stimulating, and challenging introduction to investment banking

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were definitely the people at Morgan Stanley. They were intelligent, friendly, and passionate, but most of all, they were conscious of your and others well-being during the experience.

I think the toughest part is obviously the hours, but everyone knows that going in. It's hard to go without sleep, but it is also an aspect that bonds the analysts as they share the late nights.

Morgan Stanley was the right choice for me because of the awesome people I met in the program. Since you will be spending so much time with them, it is important that you enjoy the people you will be with. Finally, it is also great that Morgan Stanley extends so many offers to its summer interns reducing the competitive environment during the internship experience.

Advice to Management

I think it would be wonderful if the flow of information from the top level down to the analysts was a little more rapid in some cases, but I think that is a problem across the industry.

Everything I had hoped for

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting older employees, more senior people on desk taking time to help you out

A few condescending seniors

Don't take anything personally

Advice to Management

Nothing