Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst and Associate Programs

Warm welcome by colleagues coupled with excellent opportunities for networking and working experience
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Access to senior management, the firms investment in the interns and in developing their talent, firm culture, excellent manager

Housing subsidy couldn't cover cost of rent in NYC but I appreciated having a subsidy at all!

Excellent employer, really care about their people which was unexpected in a wall street firm. Unique culture- I can't overemphasize what a difference it makes in your experience when yo enjoy and admire your co-workers

Advice to Management

Training might include more firm-specific processes on the onset and grant more immediate access to programs so that interns can be more value add right away

Work hard, play hard. I worked my tail off, had a great time, and got a great full time job out of my internship.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team atmosphere, variety of projects, and interaction with full-time employees.

Sometimes I felt as though I could have received a bit more critical feedback.

Be prepared to work in a very high intensity, highly intellectually stimulating environment where you will be challenged, however also rewarded.

Working at Morgan Stanley is the most professionally and academically stimulating and rewarding way to spend 10-weeks
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with people of various levels at the firm, creating a final project that will be published by my team

Like any internship or job, there are stressful times when you make mistakes and do not know how others think about you. The key to these tough times is to learn from your mistakes and move forward.

The easiest way to survive your internship is if you truly enjoy the job. Make sure you fully research the firm and job position you are interested in.

Advice to Management

I think Morgan Stanley is the ideal firm to work at.

Learned to work in a professional environment. Forced to hit the ground running and loved it.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people there to help and push you.

Training was a bit dull at times

Morgan Stanley is an incredible company that offers a program second to none.

A hands-on experience working with the brightest people in the investment banking industry on market-defining transactions.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Selective summer associate program within GCM, the high level of responsibility place on me quickly by senior managers, diversified industry / product exposure, excellent culture and working environment, and access to senior management.

I cannot think of anything I disliked about the internship.

Rigorous (and fair) interview process regardless of your background and experience prior to business school. A high level of preparation is required, not just on technicals but behavioral questions as well, in order to be successful in the recruiting process.

Advice to Management

I had an excellent 10 week experience and cannot comment on anything specific I saw that need improvement during my short internship period.

Rigorous intellectual experience
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I met, the information I learned, and the responsibility I was given.

Nothing! I had a great experience

One must feel comfortable with and adapt to the company culture

Fast-paced, intellectually stimulating, and challenging introduction to investment banking
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were definitely the people at Morgan Stanley. They were intelligent, friendly, and passionate, but most of all, they were conscious of your and others well-being during the experience.

I think the toughest part is obviously the hours, but everyone knows that going in. It's hard to go without sleep, but it is also an aspect that bonds the analysts as they share the late nights.

Morgan Stanley was the right choice for me because of the awesome people I met in the program. Since you will be spending so much time with them, it is important that you enjoy the people you will be with. Finally, it is also great that Morgan Stanley extends so many offers to its summer interns reducing the competitive environment during the internship experience.

Advice to Management

I think it would be wonderful if the flow of information from the top level down to the analysts was a little more rapid in some cases, but I think that is a problem across the industry.

Intensive and Insightful
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The accessibility, help, and expertise of senior employers and their drive to help you learn.

The testing.

This is a great internship if you are all looking for hands on experience/being forced to learn as opposed to internships that involve shadowing and simply busy work.

Advice to Management

N/A

Place where I wanted to be and dreamed of
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking opportunity, great exposure to different works, compensation and benefits

Offices scattered in the city

Be yourself

Advice to Management

More networking events for full-time employees

Best experience on the Street

Culture on the floor

Nothing at all

Keep your GPA up and network, network, network.