Intern at Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst and Associate Programs? Submit a Review

Intern

November 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Exposure to multibillion dollar deals
Very smart people
Great culture, for the most part
Excellent overall program in terms of training, events, the quality of other interns
You get to see what it looks like in the rooms and desks where global finance is executred

Somehow I ended up in a team where people were not very nice.Other teams told me from the first couple of weeks that my team was "a bunch of ****". To be honest this destroyed many things that were otherwise good about the experience.

Besides from this fact, nothing really.

Team placement seems to be pretty random for many people

Comments

Make sure that you get into the team that you want to get in to

A great opportunity to learn and to grow professionally

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Mentoring program (both assigned mentors and senior people who took the effort to train interns)

I cannot think of any.
If we could have more events/ lecture specific to our department (versus the entire division), it would be even better

- Be prepared to learn a lot and challenge yourself.
- Be open-minded and versatile
- Take ownership of your assignments no matter how trivial it may seem... because it is not. A great internship is where a junior person learn how to be professional.

A True Hands On Crash Course in Investment Banking

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best parts of my internship experience was how closely we were integrated into the team and relied upon during our 10 week program. From Analysts to Managing Directors, all members of our group took an extremely invested interest in teaching us and being there for us to engage with them. In addition to having the assistance of great colleagues and mentors, the training and on-the-job learning was an incredibly rewarding experience and I know that I have several relationships that I will value for the rest of my career.

I truly enjoyed the experience and would highly recommend the internship program to any student looking for a summer experience where he/she will be given a high level of responsibility at an early stage.

One of the themes that I have seen throughout my experience at Morgan Stanley is its dedication to cultivating young talent and adjusting to work closely with colleagues who very much care about your own development was one of the best parts of my summer.

Advice to Management

I highly valued our training program and firm-wide events throughout the summer and feel that they are a great part of the experience as a whole.

Learned to work in a professional environment. Forced to hit the ground running and loved it.

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people there to help and push you.

Training was a bit dull at times

Morgan Stanley is an incredible company that offers a program second to none.

Learned a tremendous amount and pushed me to my limits

The people I met

Unpredictability of hours

Great experience

While my peers at other firms dreaded going to work every morning, I woke up excited to work with my team every day for the full ten weeks.

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

People were incredibly helpful and willing to teach and guide, despite large time commitments of their own
Work was challenging and stimulating
Collegial atmosphere and camaraderie among interns and between interns and full-time employees

It would be difficult to point to anything besides the fact that I couldn't start immediately following the internships completion. Sometimes it was frustrating trying to find a cab in Times Square on a Friday night.

While there are other firms with the prestige of Morgan Stanley, I think you will be hard pressed to find a place you will genuinely enjoy working as much as you would at Morgan Stanley. You can't emphasize culture enough when you're considering a place you will spend 70-100 hours per week at.

Advice to Management

The Global Capital Markets program is perfect. I have nothing to add.

Fast-paced, intellectually stimulating, and challenging introduction to investment banking

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were definitely the people at Morgan Stanley. They were intelligent, friendly, and passionate, but most of all, they were conscious of your and others well-being during the experience.

I think the toughest part is obviously the hours, but everyone knows that going in. It's hard to go without sleep, but it is also an aspect that bonds the analysts as they share the late nights.

Morgan Stanley was the right choice for me because of the awesome people I met in the program. Since you will be spending so much time with them, it is important that you enjoy the people you will be with. Finally, it is also great that Morgan Stanley extends so many offers to its summer interns reducing the competitive environment during the internship experience.

Advice to Management

I think it would be wonderful if the flow of information from the top level down to the analysts was a little more rapid in some cases, but I think that is a problem across the industry.

An amazing experience in risk research

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with great people and working on interesting, meaningful projects

I liked everything.

Be ready to work hard, but also to be rewarded and recognized

Working at Morgan Stanley is the most professionally and academically stimulating and rewarding way to spend 10-weeks

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with people of various levels at the firm, creating a final project that will be published by my team

Like any internship or job, there are stressful times when you make mistakes and do not know how others think about you. The key to these tough times is to learn from your mistakes and move forward.

The easiest way to survive your internship is if you truly enjoy the job. Make sure you fully research the firm and job position you are interested in.

Advice to Management

I think Morgan Stanley is the ideal firm to work at.

Best experience on the Street

Culture on the floor

Nothing at all

Keep your GPA up and network, network, network.