Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst and Associate Programs Internship

Date: 2012

Great firm with a great culture

-Very tight-knit group -Senior people within the group were very understanding, cared about you, and were very helpful -Great opportunity to meet with clients (almost every meeting)

-Little bit secluded location

This is a great firm. Everyone is very nice and great to work with. Highly recommend Morgan Stanley to anyone looking to get into finance.

Date: 2012

Learned to work in a professional environment. Forced to hit the ground running and loved it.

Amazing people there to help and push you.

Training was a bit dull at times

Morgan Stanley is an incredible company that offers a program second to none.

Date: 2012

A great opportunity to learn and to grow professionally

- Mentoring program (both assigned mentors and senior people who took the effort to train interns)

I cannot think of any. If we could have more events/ lecture specific to our department (versus the entire division), it would be even better

- Be prepared to learn a lot and challenge yourself. - Be open-minded and versatile - Take ownership of your assignments no matter how trivial it may seem... because it is not. A great internship is where a junior person learn how to be professional.

Date: 2012

While my peers at other firms dreaded going to work every morning, I woke up excited to work with my team every day for the full ten weeks.

People were incredibly helpful and willing to teach and guide, despite large time commitments of their own Work was challenging and stimulating Collegial atmosphere and camaraderie among interns and between interns and full-time employees

It would be difficult to point to anything besides the fact that I couldn't start immediately following the internships completion. Sometimes it was frustrating trying to find a cab in Times Square on a Friday night.

While there are other firms with the prestige of Morgan Stanley, I think you will be hard pressed to find a place you will genuinely enjoy working as much as you would at Morgan Stanley. You can't emphasize culture enough when you're considering a place you will spend 70-100 hours per week at.

Advice to Management

The Global Capital Markets program is perfect. I have nothing to add.

A True Hands On Crash Course in Investment Banking

One of the best parts of my internship experience was how closely we were integrated into the team and relied upon during our 10 week program. From Analysts to Managing Directors, all members of our group took an extremely invested interest in teaching us and being there for us to engage with them. In addition to having the assistance of great colleagues and mentors, the training and on-the-job learning was an incredibly rewarding experience and I know that I have several relationships that I will value for the rest of my career.

I truly enjoyed the experience and would highly recommend the internship program to any student looking for a summer experience where he/she will be given a high level of responsibility at an early stage.

One of the themes that I have seen throughout my experience at Morgan Stanley is its dedication to cultivating young talent and adjusting to work closely with colleagues who very much care about your own development was one of the best parts of my summer.

Advice to Management

I highly valued our training program and firm-wide events throughout the summer and feel that they are a great part of the experience as a whole.

Date: 2012

An amazing experience in risk research

Working with great people and working on interesting, meaningful projects

I liked everything.

Be ready to work hard, but also to be rewarded and recognized

Best experience on the Street

Culture on the floor

Nothing at all

Keep your GPA up and network, network, network.

Date: 2012

Learned a tremendous amount and pushed me to my limits

The people I met

Unpredictability of hours

Great experience

Date: 2012

Work hard, play hard. I worked my tail off, had a great time, and got a great full time job out of my internship.

The team atmosphere, variety of projects, and interaction with full-time employees.

Sometimes I felt as though I could have received a bit more critical feedback.

Be prepared to work in a very high intensity, highly intellectually stimulating environment where you will be challenged, however also rewarded.

Date: 2012

Place where I wanted to be and dreamed of

Networking opportunity, great exposure to different works, compensation and benefits

Offices scattered in the city

Be yourself

Advice to Management

More networking events for full-time employees