Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst and Associate Programs

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 169 Intern Reviews)

Working at Morgan Stanley is the most professionally and academically stimulating and rewarding way to spend 10-weeks
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with people of various levels at the firm, creating a final project that will be published by my team

Like any internship or job, there are stressful times when you make mistakes and do not know how others think about you. The key to these tough times is to learn from your mistakes and move forward.

The easiest way to survive your internship is if you truly enjoy the job. Make sure you fully research the firm and job position you are interested in.

Advice to Management

I think Morgan Stanley is the ideal firm to work at.

Learned more, worked harder, and had more fun than I had ever expected
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to senior professional and relevance of assigned work

Many positions require extensive hours

If you are interested in sales & trading and investment banking in general this was an outstanding program that I would definitely do again if it was last year. Morgan Stanley treats all their employees extremely well regardless of what role you have.

Advice to Management

Nothing, the only drawback for many positions are the hours but that is expected in these types of positions.

Learned a tremendous amount and pushed me to my limits

The people I met

Unpredictability of hours

Great experience

Everything I had hoped for
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting older employees, more senior people on desk taking time to help you out

A few condescending seniors

Don't take anything personally

Advice to Management

Nothing

A great opportunity to learn and to grow professionally
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Mentoring program (both assigned mentors and senior people who took the effort to train interns)

I cannot think of any.
If we could have more events/ lecture specific to our department (versus the entire division), it would be even better

- Be prepared to learn a lot and challenge yourself.
- Be open-minded and versatile
- Take ownership of your assignments no matter how trivial it may seem... because it is not. A great internship is where a junior person learn how to be professional.

A True Hands On Crash Course in Investment Banking
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best parts of my internship experience was how closely we were integrated into the team and relied upon during our 10 week program. From Analysts to Managing Directors, all members of our group took an extremely invested interest in teaching us and being there for us to engage with them. In addition to having the assistance of great colleagues and mentors, the training and on-the-job learning was an incredibly rewarding experience and I know that I have several relationships that I will value for the rest of my career.

I truly enjoyed the experience and would highly recommend the internship program to any student looking for a summer experience where he/she will be given a high level of responsibility at an early stage.

One of the themes that I have seen throughout my experience at Morgan Stanley is its dedication to cultivating young talent and adjusting to work closely with colleagues who very much care about your own development was one of the best parts of my summer.

Advice to Management

I highly valued our training program and firm-wide events throughout the summer and feel that they are a great part of the experience as a whole.

Learned to work in a professional environment. Forced to hit the ground running and loved it.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people there to help and push you.

Training was a bit dull at times

Morgan Stanley is an incredible company that offers a program second to none.

Time to clock in
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I didn't rotate around the office so I had the opportunity to work with one team for the entire duration of my internship. This meant that I was working at a level expected of a normal analyst and not just being given busy intern work. The intern project was also *very* intensive and I am immensely glad we were assigned something so technical.

The woman two cubicles down from me who broadcasted how horrible her life was on the hour, every hour. She was the exception to the rule though.

Carry a small notebook around and write down every thing. Don't get something? Go back and review. God help you if you just nod your head and yes people to death then get back to your desk and forgot what they asked you to do.

Advice to Management

Keep on top of the teams that are working with analysts. I was very fortunate to get an amazing team, others were stuck with busy work and absentee bosses that left them wondering if any one actually cared what they did.

An amazing experience in risk research
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with great people and working on interesting, meaningful projects

I liked everything.

Be ready to work hard, but also to be rewarded and recognized

Place where I wanted to be and dreamed of
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking opportunity, great exposure to different works, compensation and benefits

Offices scattered in the city

Be yourself

Advice to Management

More networking events for full-time employees