Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst and Associate Programs

Learned to work in a professional environment. Forced to hit the ground running and loved it.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people there to help and push you.

Training was a bit dull at times

Morgan Stanley is an incredible company that offers a program second to none.

A True Hands On Crash Course in Investment Banking
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best parts of my internship experience was how closely we were integrated into the team and relied upon during our 10 week program. From Analysts to Managing Directors, all members of our group took an extremely invested interest in teaching us and being there for us to engage with them. In addition to having the assistance of great colleagues and mentors, the training and on-the-job learning was an incredibly rewarding experience and I know that I have several relationships that I will value for the rest of my career.

I truly enjoyed the experience and would highly recommend the internship program to any student looking for a summer experience where he/she will be given a high level of responsibility at an early stage.

One of the themes that I have seen throughout my experience at Morgan Stanley is its dedication to cultivating young talent and adjusting to work closely with colleagues who very much care about your own development was one of the best parts of my summer.

Advice to Management

I highly valued our training program and firm-wide events throughout the summer and feel that they are a great part of the experience as a whole.

Challenging, yet rewarding and an unbelievable experience
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Weekly teach-ins as an internship class as well as within my division
Respect from upper management and the desire to have a great learning internship process
Corporate Culture
Constant opportunities to interact with senior management in different divisions

Honestly, there were no negative aspects of my internship experience. I knew the work was going to be tough but I learned a lot and it was extremely rewarding. The fact that I received a full time offer and accepted made everything worth while and I am looking forward to joining the firm full-time in July of 2013.

When making pitch books or any other material, PAY ATTENTION TO DETAL
Be very confident around your bosses
Look the part, appearance means more than you think
You are constantly being observed, always look like you are happy to be in the office and take pride in your work
Do not be afraid to ask questions but never ask the same question twice or a question that you can easily find the answer for elsewhere

Learned a tremendous amount and pushed me to my limits

The people I met

Unpredictability of hours

Great experience

While my peers at other firms dreaded going to work every morning, I woke up excited to work with my team every day for the full ten weeks.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

People were incredibly helpful and willing to teach and guide, despite large time commitments of their own
Work was challenging and stimulating
Collegial atmosphere and camaraderie among interns and between interns and full-time employees

It would be difficult to point to anything besides the fact that I couldn't start immediately following the internships completion. Sometimes it was frustrating trying to find a cab in Times Square on a Friday night.

While there are other firms with the prestige of Morgan Stanley, I think you will be hard pressed to find a place you will genuinely enjoy working as much as you would at Morgan Stanley. You can't emphasize culture enough when you're considering a place you will spend 70-100 hours per week at.

Advice to Management

The Global Capital Markets program is perfect. I have nothing to add.

A great opportunity to learn and to grow professionally
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Mentoring program (both assigned mentors and senior people who took the effort to train interns)

I cannot think of any.
If we could have more events/ lecture specific to our department (versus the entire division), it would be even better

- Be prepared to learn a lot and challenge yourself.
- Be open-minded and versatile
- Take ownership of your assignments no matter how trivial it may seem... because it is not. A great internship is where a junior person learn how to be professional.

Intensive and Insightful
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The accessibility, help, and expertise of senior employers and their drive to help you learn.

The testing.

This is a great internship if you are all looking for hands on experience/being forced to learn as opposed to internships that involve shadowing and simply busy work.

Advice to Management

N/A

Learned more, worked harder, and had more fun than I had ever expected
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to senior professional and relevance of assigned work

Many positions require extensive hours

If you are interested in sales & trading and investment banking in general this was an outstanding program that I would definitely do again if it was last year. Morgan Stanley treats all their employees extremely well regardless of what role you have.

Advice to Management

Nothing, the only drawback for many positions are the hours but that is expected in these types of positions.

Lots of responsibility and accelerated rate of learning, but always plenty of support and guidance
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The support from my team and the amount of time and energy and clear interest that even the most senior members invested in me and my development.

The hours were long, but I expected that and I know that it is part of the job

The people there really make it what it is and I can't say enough good things about them. Everyone treated the interns like they were vital parts of the operations on the floor and clearly wanted us to succeed and did everything possible to ensure that we did.

it was great
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

loved people worked with. corporate culture is very good

there is nothing did not like. t was good experience

review excel before your start date. take good notes when you start working

Advice to Management

n/a