Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst and Associate Programs

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 169 Intern Reviews)

Learned a tremendous amount and pushed me to my limits

The people I met

Unpredictability of hours

Great experience

Work hard, play hard. I worked my tail off, had a great time, and got a great full time job out of my internship.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team atmosphere, variety of projects, and interaction with full-time employees.

Sometimes I felt as though I could have received a bit more critical feedback.

Be prepared to work in a very high intensity, highly intellectually stimulating environment where you will be challenged, however also rewarded.

Challenging, yet rewarding and an unbelievable experience
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Weekly teach-ins as an internship class as well as within my division
Respect from upper management and the desire to have a great learning internship process
Corporate Culture
Constant opportunities to interact with senior management in different divisions

Honestly, there were no negative aspects of my internship experience. I knew the work was going to be tough but I learned a lot and it was extremely rewarding. The fact that I received a full time offer and accepted made everything worth while and I am looking forward to joining the firm full-time in July of 2013.

When making pitch books or any other material, PAY ATTENTION TO DETAL
Be very confident around your bosses
Look the part, appearance means more than you think
You are constantly being observed, always look like you are happy to be in the office and take pride in your work
Do not be afraid to ask questions but never ask the same question twice or a question that you can easily find the answer for elsewhere

A True Hands On Crash Course in Investment Banking
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best parts of my internship experience was how closely we were integrated into the team and relied upon during our 10 week program. From Analysts to Managing Directors, all members of our group took an extremely invested interest in teaching us and being there for us to engage with them. In addition to having the assistance of great colleagues and mentors, the training and on-the-job learning was an incredibly rewarding experience and I know that I have several relationships that I will value for the rest of my career.

I truly enjoyed the experience and would highly recommend the internship program to any student looking for a summer experience where he/she will be given a high level of responsibility at an early stage.

One of the themes that I have seen throughout my experience at Morgan Stanley is its dedication to cultivating young talent and adjusting to work closely with colleagues who very much care about your own development was one of the best parts of my summer.

Advice to Management

I highly valued our training program and firm-wide events throughout the summer and feel that they are a great part of the experience as a whole.

Warm welcome by colleagues coupled with excellent opportunities for networking and working experience
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Access to senior management, the firms investment in the interns and in developing their talent, firm culture, excellent manager

Housing subsidy couldn't cover cost of rent in NYC but I appreciated having a subsidy at all!

Excellent employer, really care about their people which was unexpected in a wall street firm. Unique culture- I can't overemphasize what a difference it makes in your experience when yo enjoy and admire your co-workers

Advice to Management

Training might include more firm-specific processes on the onset and grant more immediate access to programs so that interns can be more value add right away

The greatest learning and growing experience

The people were awesome

I honestly can't think it anything. It was great.

The people actually care about your development personally and professionally, and go out of their way to help you. It's an awesome place to work.

Fast-paced, intellectually stimulating, and challenging introduction to investment banking
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were definitely the people at Morgan Stanley. They were intelligent, friendly, and passionate, but most of all, they were conscious of your and others well-being during the experience.

I think the toughest part is obviously the hours, but everyone knows that going in. It's hard to go without sleep, but it is also an aspect that bonds the analysts as they share the late nights.

Morgan Stanley was the right choice for me because of the awesome people I met in the program. Since you will be spending so much time with them, it is important that you enjoy the people you will be with. Finally, it is also great that Morgan Stanley extends so many offers to its summer interns reducing the competitive environment during the internship experience.

Advice to Management

I think it would be wonderful if the flow of information from the top level down to the analysts was a little more rapid in some cases, but I think that is a problem across the industry.

Learned to work in a professional environment. Forced to hit the ground running and loved it.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people there to help and push you.

Training was a bit dull at times

Morgan Stanley is an incredible company that offers a program second to none.

A great opportunity to learn and to grow professionally
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Mentoring program (both assigned mentors and senior people who took the effort to train interns)

I cannot think of any.
If we could have more events/ lecture specific to our department (versus the entire division), it would be even better

- Be prepared to learn a lot and challenge yourself.
- Be open-minded and versatile
- Take ownership of your assignments no matter how trivial it may seem... because it is not. A great internship is where a junior person learn how to be professional.

An amazing experience in risk research
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with great people and working on interesting, meaningful projects

I liked everything.

Be ready to work hard, but also to be rewarded and recognized