Lazard Summer Analyst Program Internship

Intern at Lazard Summer Analyst Program Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

If you want to be in investment banking and enjoy it go to Lazard
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people definitely made the internship great. I was always offered help and guidance and was not treated like an intern but like a fellow analyst. The interns I worked with were very intelligent as well so they were quite helpful as well.

The hours was definitely a negative point but that comes with investment banking.

Expect to work hard and be treated like a fellow analyst. On the other hand, the culture here is one that cultivates and supports employees. I would not think twice about accepting an offer to work at Lazard.

Advice to Management

The only issue I saw was the hours but that is difficult to manage with the nature of the job.

Crushed during the week, catch up on everything else during the weekend
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

How much I learned over the course of the summer. The network that I established. The exposure to senior level people and clients. Exposure to huge deals.

I didn't like the lack of clarity that existed at times between summer analysts and summer associates when they were paired together on the same project.

Consider you if you want to be in the industry first. Then consider what type of environment you would like to work at small firm vs large firm.

Advice to Management

Compensation, hours, off-site events / informal events

You start off with simple tasks and if done well the people are willing to reward you with complex and truly valuable projects
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Skill set gained, incredible culture at a smaller firm, exciting work

Long hours, some tedious work churning out powerpoint edits.

Lazard is somewhere where ideas are just as important as execution, your responsibilities will be greater than any other investment bank, you have an internship class whose size allows you to know everyone personally, and you will know the heads of your group on a first name basis.

Advice to Management

Training on the remote laptops is miserable, it makes training difficult, cumbersome and a big turnoff overall. People like ordering seamless at 5, everyone stays till midnight anyway, its just cumbersome and frustrating.

Worked hard with great people and learned a lot.

High caliber colleagues

Lots of clerical work

Are you excited about learning about the deal process and valuation?

Advice to Management

Have a pitch competition for the interns so they can get more experience with valuation.

Unbeatable learning experience in an enjoyable work environment
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to work on deals that make front-page of WSJ

Binding books and the walk home from work through the city

Lazard provides an intern experience that very few firms can compete with.

Challenging but extremely rewarding 10 weeks.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The challenges that interns were given.

Hours worked each week.

Make sure to get to know your co-workers during your internship.

"Everything You Look for in Banking and More"
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Small intern class allowed exposure to upper-level bankers and more responsibility than one would normally be trusted with at a bulge bracket bank.

There were spans of down time throughout the day where not much was going on, but that is the nature of banking and not at all unique to Lazard.

From my experience I believe Lazard is one of the, if not the best company to work for on Wall Street. However, as a candidate, I would advise the individual to try and visit the office and meet as many employees as possible.

Advice to Management

My only advice would be to try and improve the process of assigning staffings to interns. While a rotational program gives the benefit of gaining exposure to all groups in the bank, perhaps by having more than one person responsibile for assigning staffings to interns work can be assigned more qucikly and efficiently.

Gained significant Investment Banking experience in team-oriented, fast-paced and challenging work environment at Lazard
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

high individual responsibility and great exposure to projects and companies we worked with, built communication skills and enjoyed working with several groups within the bank, the diversity of the experience to see a variety of industries was awesome, the culture was great and I became close with a small group of interns that were all placed together, hours were also quite reasonable for an investment banking position

could have had a better focus on valuation

work as hard as possible and always look for ways you can go above and beyond, smile every day and maintain a positive attitude

Mentioning my internship at Lazard has allowed me to interact with multiple influential individuals.

Prestigious name, strong network

Less resources when compared to other investment banks

Research your desired industry vertical in order to start prepared

Advice to Management

A stronger mentorship / relationship program between the NY and regional offices could be emphasized.

Summer of working on many challenging deals and projects with very intelligent colleagues.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Level of responsibility, lean deal teams, training program, support by team members

Lack of summer events, long hours

Get a ton of responsibility while working on deals with senior team members. Team members are very supportive in helping you learn. Hours can be long and unpredictable but its industry norm.

Advice to Management

More corporate events for analysts to gather with senior team members in an informal setting.