Lazard Summer Analyst Program

A fantastic experience, providing exposure to exciting work and brilliant people.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of this internship were the intellect of the employees, the excitement of the work, the helpfulness and mentorship of my colleagues and the stimulating leanring experience.

I very much enjoyed my internship, learned a lot and met interesting people. I found the firm to be a great fit and had no complaints.

Work extremely hard and always do your work with a smile. Maintaining a positive attitude is an essential part of the job, as it makes you likeable and keeps you happy and motivated, even whe the work is challenging and the hours long.

Intense but rewarding
Houston, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the experience.

The hours and the industry.

The hours aren't as bad as people make them out to be. The time flies by when you're doing something you enjoy with people you enjoy working with.

Advice to Management

Improve the deal flow.

great learning experience

culture, mentorship

experience can vary across groups

great learning experience

I got to experience what it would be like working as a full-time analyst in my group. The hours are intense, but the work is very rewarding.
Houston, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to live deals, high level of responsibility within group

The workload and hours are unpredictable, but this is part of the business.

Be willing to do any work asked for, must have the attitude of wanting to work as much as possible.

Advice to Management

We have a great office culture.

Lazard will give you the opportunity you are looking for in investment banking
Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

working on a live M&A sell-side deal

downtime, which is inevitable at the summer analyst level

great culture and substantial responsibilities given to summer analysts

Advice to Management

I was honestly comfortable with everything.

Lazard is a great place to learn a lot.
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect was that I had the opportunity to learn from experienced industry professionals, on an up close and personal level.

What I liked least about the internship was that I was expected to face-time even when I did not have much work.

This is a very structured and hands on experience where you will be able to learn a lot of in a short amount of time.

Great investment banking program at one of the most prestigious shops
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Prestige of the company, always busy, given a ton of responsibility as an intern

Culture, long-hours, no regard for personal life

Great exit opportunities if you can handle 2 years of no social life and 100% commitment to work.

Advice to Management

Allow analysts to go to the gym during slow times in the day

A summer that pushed me to be the best I can be and helped me fall in love with banking
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to become meaningfully involved on a deal and challenging work. The people know how to work hard and play hard and were willing to provide informal mentorship/professional feedback. Working at a smaller firm enhances your chances of working with very senior people and learning the business directly from the experts.

The hours were quite demanding (usually ~18 hrs a day) and banking culture can be cutthroat/aggressive - there was definitely a lot of face-time involved.

It's only a couple of months which may impact the rest of your life, so make it count and be willing to immerse/dedicate yourself in the program. Keep your priorities straight - you want to prove that you're able and willing to do the work, but at the end of the day, people matter most so make sure you have enough time to build solid working relationships and find some mentors.

If you want to be in investment banking and enjoy it go to Lazard
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people definitely made the internship great. I was always offered help and guidance and was not treated like an intern but like a fellow analyst. The interns I worked with were very intelligent as well so they were quite helpful as well.

The hours was definitely a negative point but that comes with investment banking.

Expect to work hard and be treated like a fellow analyst. On the other hand, the culture here is one that cultivates and supports employees. I would not think twice about accepting an offer to work at Lazard.

Advice to Management

The only issue I saw was the hours but that is difficult to manage with the nature of the job.

You start off with simple tasks and if done well the people are willing to reward you with complex and truly valuable projects
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Skill set gained, incredible culture at a smaller firm, exciting work

Long hours, some tedious work churning out powerpoint edits.

Lazard is somewhere where ideas are just as important as execution, your responsibilities will be greater than any other investment bank, you have an internship class whose size allows you to know everyone personally, and you will know the heads of your group on a first name basis.

Advice to Management

Training on the remote laptops is miserable, it makes training difficult, cumbersome and a big turnoff overall. People like ordering seamless at 5, everyone stays till midnight anyway, its just cumbersome and frustrating.