Intern at Lazard Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program? Submit a Review

World-class firm with world-class people

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship is a Generalist program, and getting exposure to different sectors was one of the best aspects.

The workload was often uneven. There were times where I had nothing to do and times where I had a lot to do. Perhaps such is the nature of banking.

I wish I would have spoken to more people who work at the firm. Everyone at the firm is incredibly nice and helpful.

Excellent exposure to industry and product groups, experience, and mentorship

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentorship from both senior and junior bankers, women's events, steep learning curve, team-oriented work environment, culture of the firm, depth of exposure to deals, high level of responsibility, protected weekends

I do not have any complaints about the internship thus far.

Lazard initiates women's events during the summer internship and is very helpful toward women in general, which is invaluable. The work load can be a lot at times, but people are always willing to sit down and teach you concepts you do not understand or help you to understand the work that you are doing. I don't think you can have a better culture at a firm than the culture at Lazard.

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

kkkkkkkkkkkkkk

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Incredible culture, big clients

San Francisco, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Working on lean teams
-Exposure to strategic discussions

-Fair amount of down time
-Not a ton of modeling

-Don't expect to work in models all day every day
-Be prepared to discuss insights into the tech industry

-Why tech?
-What are some trends in the tech industry that you are following?
-Basic DCF, accounting, valuation, etc.

Wonderful Learning Experience in Investment Banking with Great Mentorship and Team Exposure

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with the other interns and my teams were the best aspects of the internship. I really enjoyed getting to know everyone and learning more about their roles. I also enjoyed being staffed on different projects to gain more exposure to various teams.

I have really enjoyed my internship experience so far!

Your teams will appreciate it if you take the initiative to communicate and let them know what you have going on with different projects and intern events.

I had an amazing internship experience where I was given responsibilities of a full time analyst.

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect was being able to work with the clients senior management (CEO, CFO, etc.)

I liked everything about the internship.

Be sure to ask for more technical work early on.

Office consists of hardworking, intelligent people who aren't afraid to not take themselves too seriously; meaningful live deal experience

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, deal flow, high level of individual responsibility

Commitment, lack of flexibility

High performance is an expectation, but there is plenty of guidance and never a moment when you feel helpless or alone, due to an environment where curiosity and questions are encouraged.

People at Lazard are amazing to work with. Great deal/client exposure and heavy emphasis on work-life balance.

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

People have been very focused on helping us get up to speed. Exposure to the most senior members of the firm (including Ken Jacobs) at Associate lunches with a small group of us (12 NY Summer Associates). We have all become active members on our deal teams doing real work that adds to the process. Top tier clients/transactions.

Banking can have long hours, but nothing unexpected. My hours have been significantly better than peers at other banks.

Lazard's office culture is extremely normal, if not better than normal. The idea that Lazard works people harder and has tough senior bankers is just not true (anymore). Senior bankers communicate very clearly when work does/does not need to be worked on late or over the weekend. They go out of their way to make sure you are not working on the weekend unless something needs to be done for a live deal.

Value the prior company you worked at. No BIWS questions at all. Everything was higher level/how you think type questions.

Great experience, reasonable hours, constructive work.

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internal projects that they assigned us. It was very constructive work.

Nothing really. Good experience.

Have a good time with this group, and learn as much as you can.

World class internship at a world class firm.

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Familiarity with Microsoft office programs.

The hours / unpredictability of work schedule.

Everyone you will be working with is just as intelligent and motivated.

Advice to Management

The diversity is still lacking. The representation of minorities and women in the work force is still not on par with competitors.

If you have a bond that trades at 90 cents to par and yields a 5% annual coupon, what is your best estimate of its yield to maturity if it expires in 2 years.