J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank, Asset Management and Corporate Programs

VAULT RANKINGS >> #5 Best Investment Bank Internships  /  #10 Best Financial Services Internships  /  #49 Best Overall Internships

Surprisingly, the demanding 9-week internship flew by and the interns don't want to leave
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The group environment that I was in. Working long hours really didn't feel that long with the people that I was working with.

How unpredictable the work hours are. I had to come in on Saturdays/Sundays on an hours notice sometimes.

Make sure you are interested in finance and in investment banking. Someone who isn't interested wouldn't last in this career.

What are the three most common methods to value a company?

Walk me through a DCF

Advice to Management

Compensation and hours could improve a bit - and they are improving.

Challenging and rewarding
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work was challenging and not mundane. My team was awesome and so helpful

Not a lot of day to day interaction with other interns

Be prepared to work hard and not always know what your doing. It's okay to ask questions

Advice to Management

Make sure managers have more availability for the interns

Good Hours, Good Pay, Great People- What More Can You Ask For?
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I love the company culture and the people that I met. Also, I definitely had a very unique experience in that I was often in the right place at the right time, so I got to meet a lot of really cool, high-up people.

I didn't like how I didn't know too many other intern- the social events didn't encourage sociability, and overall people were too busy.

Make sure you are yourself in the interviews, because if you want to start your career at a place where you love the people and they like you.

If you were in a group project and someone messed up so that you were not able to meet the deadline, how would you react and how would you speak to that person?

Amazing
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people

the hours were not great but managable

Work hard and make sure you focus on the relationships you make

Why would a client hire us over the other banks? (This question gets butchered a lot by other people)

Advice to Management

Make sure you pay on par with the other big names

A challenging romp through the world of fixed income markets!
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Caliber of people, both among the interns and the employees you work with. A nice blend of structure and project autonomy. Receiving projects that actually matter. Excellent location. Excellent compensation.

It could feel too competitive at times: not because a negative tone was set but simply because spots were very

Limited and the talent pool was great.

Definitely consider JP Morgan if you're a driven, professional person looking for a challenging experiences.

A lot of questions related to probability, computer science, economics and statistics. I had to explain my thesis a lot.

Advice to Management

Diversity and culture ... At times I felt like I was surrounded by a lot of similar types of people.

Real world experience and career guidance
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation and experience

outdated technology

Work hard and ask questions

Incredible chance to work with rockstars across many industries
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great hours, high salary, incredible people, intellectually stimulating, challenging but rewarding work, dedication to the progression of careers, commitment to their employees, mobility

If you were not outgoing or eager to work hard, some people in my program found themselves without a lot of work/projects because they did not take the initiative to network and communicate that they had bandwidth.

It is an incredible place to launch your career. If you get an offer, you are one of the lucky few who get to start at such an incredible and dedicated organization.

If you showed up to a meeting with an important deck that had a typo, would you tell your manager?

What are 3 of your strengths and 3 of your weaknesses?

Advice to Management

More programming for interns and analysts across LOBs

A great summer in all respects

The people, The work

Nothing really

There is a lot of mobility within the firm for talented individuals and upper management is very ready to talk.

A lot of questions about current affairs

Substantial Learning and Real Work Experience Opportunity
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Its mentorship program, relevant work and the fact that all senior bankers made themselves available to interns throughout the summer.

The way the feedback processes were carried out.

Be willing to learn fast, work hard and have a real desire to get to know people in your group.

Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interaction with team, receptions, learning about the job, becoming a better interpreter of macroeconomic events

The hours were quite long. Some of the senior speaker events that were held were a little superfluous

This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Get ready to work hard but learn so much in the process.

Make a market on the expected value of a dice role.

Advice to Management

Everything is done very well and the internship is clearly very polished. The only thing that I would recommend improving is cutiing out some of the senior speaker events.