4.3 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 686 Intern Reviews)

One of the best places to launch a career in finance
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Closing a deal and seeing it on the front page of the Wall Street Journal.

Long hours at times, but that was to be expected.

Make sure you're actually passionate about the industry. While it's easy to get carried away focusing on the specific tasks you're assigned i.e. building a model, putting together a chart, it's important to grasp the big picture of the analysis itself - you're providing advice to multi billion dollar companies on what may be the most important transactions of their lives.

Tell me about a class you did poorly in.

What are some ways a company can use excess cash?

Walk me through some ways you can value a company.

What is a company you find interesting?

Outstanding Business/Professional Development and Hands-On Training
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real-word, hands-on experience that you get to conduct while being an intern. The work that I was given did not make me feel like an intern doing "grunt work". I felt like a full-time employee of the company that was welcomed among my coworkers.

The mid-summer evaluations were so close to the beginning of the internship. I felt like I didn't have a chance to develop much before my evaluation. I know that having it early allows for the offer letters to come out sooner, but even if it was pushed back a week I feel that it would be helpful.

I think that it would be helpful for a candidate to know that JP Morgan Chase is a rapidly growing company where work is placed in a fast-paced, quick learning environment. It is also important to be extremely professional and to have close attention to detail.

1. If you are just about to give a PowerPoint presentation in a meeting and you notice that there was an error, what would you do? (Not exact wording but general concept)

J.P. Morgan is a supremely professional company that consistently leads its industry.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given significant amounts of responsibility and was allowed to flourish.

We were not told how many offers would be given out until the middle of the summer.

J.P. Morgan is fully committed to its interns.

Compliance at JPMC
Newark, DE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The environment I worked in and the managers and other analysts I worked with.

For the interns not at the Morgan Christiana site, it would have been nice to be able to interact with the interns there since there were very few interns at the other offices.

Research the Lines of Business before you put your preferences because they aren't necessarily clearly stated.

World class firm, first class internship.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Excellent pre-internship training, multitude of networking opportunities across the various functional areas within the Corporate Investment Bank and a great Senior Speaker Series.

The duration of the internship was too short at 9 weeks long.

Put yourself out there and use this opportunity to shine- there are infinite resources at the firm to help you showcase your strengths and improve your weaknesses.

Pick an industry, tell me how it's been doing for the past 10 years and how you think it will do for the next 15 years.

Advice to Management

Keep an open flow of communication with interns without being too blunt.

Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interaction with team, receptions, learning about the job, becoming a better interpreter of macroeconomic events

The hours were quite long. Some of the senior speaker events that were held were a little superfluous

This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Get ready to work hard but learn so much in the process.

Make a market on the expected value of a dice role.

Advice to Management

Everything is done very well and the internship is clearly very polished. The only thing that I would recommend improving is cutiing out some of the senior speaker events.

An intellectually stimulating and exciting experience
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were that it was fast-paced and very quantitative.

Nothing. My experience was perfect.

The Firm takes mentorship extremely seriosuly; this dedication to mentorship is essentail for personal and professional growth.

Multiply 16*213.

Advice to Management

Nothing. My experience was perfect. Any part of the experience that was hard/challening SHOULD be hard/challenging.

come out with a broad understanding of the asset management industry
Toronto | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I've had great managers who are always supportive and willing to share their time.

interaction with other interns was a little difficult being in a satellite office

First class firm doing first class business.

What's the interest rate now, is it low, high or in between, and how did it get to this level?

Advice to Management

Training could be a little more structured.

With an excellent experience, a full time offer is accepted
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture and work-life balance was fantastic. Every day was a chance to learn and do something new and interesting. All of the full-time employees were great resources who wanted to get to know me, teach and help me, and see me succeed.

On the very first day I did not have a computer yet. That is about all I can think of.

JP Morgan is a very successful company that any employer would love to see on a resume. Their traning they offer is the best in the industry, so with your experiences you will have, even if you don't receive a full-time offer, you will get a great full-time offer from another outstanding company.

great summer with great people
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

interns are treated with good respect

very much satisfied overall

make sure you know what you want to do and why