Intern at J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank, Asset Management and Corporate Programs Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

Educational
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, flexibility, group dynamic, mentorship

Hours and downtime waiting for response to deliverables

Focused on employee development, trying to teach and enhance the ablilities of them by reinvesting in them through webcast lessons and work/life balance

Great experience, Great Pay, Great Opportunities
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work/Life balance, amazing work environment, down to earth colleagues, fun atmosphere, good feedback/evaluation on performance.

I had one project that was unclear at times, but got better as time went on.

Do your homework about the specific group you are interviewing for. If you receive and accept offer, try to learn something new everyday. Ask questions, don't be someone that hides in your cubicle all day. Maintain good communication lines with your boss and coworkers.

Advice to Management

I have had very few issues over the summer, JP Morgan is doing an excellent job in the above areas.

experience of a lifetime

The amount of responsibility

The internship was good, very real

Keep focus on why you are there. Work hard, play hard.

Challenging and Rewarding Experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, camaraderie, fellow interns, intern events, trust and work given by senior managers

no complaints

pursue your passion, you need to have a true interest in finance if you want to be a good banker

Advice to Management

overtime, more training, chances to explore other groups within the investment banking division

Uniquely challenging and invaluable
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of responsibility and real work I was given. I very quickly felt like a full time analyst which is a testament to the bankers on my deal and in my group.

It was too short.

It's hard to find a better place to work in terms of experience, culture and compensation.

Advice to Management

Less structure to internship would allow interns to integrate more seamlessly into their respective groups.

Determination is key to achieving success
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking with other individuals within the firm, learning more about other areas at the firm, and finding your desired desk.

I didn't like having to personally find a spot at another desk if my desk wasn't hiring.

Everyone at the firm is willing to go the extra mile to teach and to listen. Take advantage of these resources, as they prove to be very helpful.

Advice to Management

The firm could do a better job of helping find interns spots if their current desks does not seem to have room for them.

Amazing summer immersion into the life of Sales in a top firm with intelligent and fun people you want to work with.

1) Thorough training.
2) People I worked with and met-- company culture.
3) Opportunities to meet others and learn about their LOB.

10 weeks seemed short, especially since the first whole week was training.

Be yourself! JPMorgan cares about your personality and character just as much as they care about your academic achievement.

Unbeatable across all aspects
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Engaging, ability to learn a lot and contribute, holistic, great people

Hours were difficult

Get to know the people you will be working with beforehand, because you will spending a lot of time with them

Learning to do first-class business in a first-class way.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The relationships I was able to develop with everyone at the firm from other interns to senior management.

I wish I would have had a little bit more exposure to other business areas over the course of the internship so I could develop a more concrete idea about what position would be best for me.

You will be successful if you network and develop as many professional relationships/connections as possible.

Advice to Management

I think they could do a better job communicating exactly what they are looking for in terms of performance from the interns. At times this was unclear.

An amazing way to explore finance in the industry
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

meaningful work and supportive working environment

not that I can think of

The division has a very diverse combination of teams. Getting exposed to and involved in as many activities/work/info sessions of different teams as you can.