J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank, Asset Management and Corporate Programs Internship

Date: 2013

An invaluable internship to gain experience at the highest level and develop a network of highly distinguished professionals

The best aspects of the internship were the level of involvement that they allowed every intern the have and the firm's commitment to long term talent development

The hours can sometimes be overwhelming but they do a good job of easing you into it.

JP Morgan gives interns the opportunity to participate in market making at the highest level. They do an incredible job of facilitating long term development through engaging speaker series events, informal networking dinners, and constant performance evaluation. When you work for JP Morgan, whether you receive an offer at the end of your internship or not, you will come away with an experience that is well worth your while if pursuing a career in financial services is of interest to you.

Advice to Management

I would suggest managers be a bit more upfront about the hours that they expect an intern to work but other than that, no advice.

The Amazing Race

Work was interesting and stimulating, people were hardworking and supportive

Integration of team with bro

JPMorgan is an amazing place to intern because you will be surrounded by amazing people who are all rooting for you to succeed. You will have access to training and many resources that help you to do well. You will be given work that is meaningful - so their comes a lot of responsibility even as an intern. If you are willing to work hard and show that you care about your work, your team, and the firm, you will have a great experience.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent during the offer process.

Top-tier wealth management experience

Education, market drills and other current event driven activities, research available through JPM

Amount prospecting

JPM is an awesome place to begin a career.

Date: 2013

Best internship there is for aspiring financiers

Constant learning opportunities through market drills and senior speaker series

Interns had to figure out housing situation on their own and it would have been better if the firm suggested a few options

This is the best firm on the street.

Date: 2013

Learning from the best to be the best

J.P Morgan's resources for career development, compensation, quality of work

The department I would be interning at was not revealed until a week prior to starting day.

You will love working here

Advice to Management

N/A

Date: 2013

Reasonable hours, great pay, lots of responsibility

The pay is in line with other companies, but working in Treasury Services allowed me to have a life outside of work. I was also given a lot of responsibility which was great.

Nothing substantial

Great company - I would pick JP Morgan above anywhere else, and if you're looking at Treasury Services it's a great place to do an internship.

Date: 2013

Exciting, stimulating, and rewarding internship experience

Did work that actually mattered; the materials I created went out to actual clients. Worked with all departments in the office and with professionals of all levels including executive and managing directors.

Would have liked some more training on the more complex products that we offer.

A great team to work with. Everyone was very helpful and wanted to help me grow and learn during my internship.

Date: 2013

Entrepreneurial experience at a top wall street firm.

Being able to work on a start up team for J.P. Morgan

Working weekends occasionally

It was a wonderful experience.

Date: 2013

Learning from intelligent, motivated and genuinely nice employees

The opportunity to network with so many different people and areas of the bank was great for those who discovered they were not as interested as they originally had been in their particular area, but in my personal experience the quality of the people I worked with was the best aspect because they kept me excited to come in to work every day.

I wish it had been longer! Many of my friends' working at financial firms in NYC worked until August 9th, whereas my program ended August 2nd. I would have liked a few extra weeks of work.

For someone looking into entering the financial services industry, the hours will typically be very long and the job stressful no matter where you decide to work. For that reason, you need to pick an organization that values people, and I think JP Morgan does a great job of picking incredibly intelligent employees that are humble, making them all wonderful colleagues. They also are dedicated to educating the younger people in the firm, which is important because it facilitates your ability to grow and advance within the industry.

Advice to Management

I can't think of anything the firm could do for full-time employees aside from maybe having a fitness facility in the building, but for the internship I think HR should do a better job of hiring the number of interns they actually intent to hire full-time. Understanding that some interns may not meet expectations and some may not like the job, it still seemed to be a problem that there were not enough spots to hire all the interns who deserved an offer.

Date: 2013

My summer internship exceeded my expectations, I learned a lot, and had the opportunity to get fiirst hand experience of the financial ind.

The learning experience, senior speakers, mentoring.

The paperwork involved in the business.

Be prepared to give your best at everything you do, and dedicate yourself 100% to the job throughout the summer.

Advice to Management

Probably staffing teams more, sometimes I heard comments from employees complaining about being understaffed.