Intern at J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank, Asset Management and Corporate Programs? Submit a Review

come out with a broad understanding of the asset management industry

Toronto | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I've had great managers who are always supportive and willing to share their time.

interaction with other interns was a little difficult being in a satellite office

First class firm doing first class business.

What's the interest rate now, is it low, high or in between, and how did it get to this level?

Advice to Management

Training could be a little more structured.

Surprisingly, the demanding 9-week internship flew by and the interns don't want to leave

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The group environment that I was in. Working long hours really didn't feel that long with the people that I was working with.

How unpredictable the work hours are. I had to come in on Saturdays/Sundays on an hours notice sometimes.

Make sure you are interested in finance and in investment banking. Someone who isn't interested wouldn't last in this career.

What are the three most common methods to value a company?

Walk me through a DCF

Advice to Management

Compensation and hours could improve a bit - and they are improving.

With an excellent experience, a full time offer is accepted

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture and work-life balance was fantastic. Every day was a chance to learn and do something new and interesting. All of the full-time employees were great resources who wanted to get to know me, teach and help me, and see me succeed.

On the very first day I did not have a computer yet. That is about all I can think of.

JP Morgan is a very successful company that any employer would love to see on a resume. Their traning they offer is the best in the industry, so with your experiences you will have, even if you don't receive a full-time offer, you will get a great full-time offer from another outstanding company.

great summer with great people

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

interns are treated with good respect

very much satisfied overall

make sure you know what you want to do and why

Good Hours, Good Pay, Great People- What More Can You Ask For?

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I love the company culture and the people that I met. Also, I definitely had a very unique experience in that I was often in the right place at the right time, so I got to meet a lot of really cool, high-up people.

I didn't like how I didn't know too many other intern- the social events didn't encourage sociability, and overall people were too busy.

Make sure you are yourself in the interviews, because if you want to start your career at a place where you love the people and they like you.

If you were in a group project and someone messed up so that you were not able to meet the deadline, how would you react and how would you speak to that person?

Challenging and rewarding

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work was challenging and not mundane. My team was awesome and so helpful

Not a lot of day to day interaction with other interns

Be prepared to work hard and not always know what your doing. It's okay to ask questions

Advice to Management

Make sure managers have more availability for the interns

The Best Wall Street Internship

The people

The exposure to different areas

The hours, sometimes interns had to work upwards of 70-80 hours per week.

Put yourself out there, ask intelligent questions, and get to know as many people as possible

Estimate the number of gas stations in the US

Walk me through your resume

Tell me about a time you overcame a challenge

Advice to Management

None!

Top Class Internship

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Thorough training, helpful coworkers, great office culture, competitive compensation, diverse set of employees, interesting intern events, clear expectations, timely and helpful feedback

Hours are long, but what you'd expect with investment banking

This is the best place to start a career, hands down. The hours go by quickly, and you'll like coming to work.

How do you value the pizza shop on the corner, walk me through a DCF, why do you want to work here, tell me about yourself, what is the square root of 0.1.

Incredible chance to work with rockstars across many industries

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great hours, high salary, incredible people, intellectually stimulating, challenging but rewarding work, dedication to the progression of careers, commitment to their employees, mobility

If you were not outgoing or eager to work hard, some people in my program found themselves without a lot of work/projects because they did not take the initiative to network and communicate that they had bandwidth.

It is an incredible place to launch your career. If you get an offer, you are one of the lucky few who get to start at such an incredible and dedicated organization.

If you showed up to a meeting with an important deck that had a typo, would you tell your manager?

What are 3 of your strengths and 3 of your weaknesses?

Advice to Management

More programming for interns and analysts across LOBs

Real world experience and career guidance

Compensation and experience

outdated technology

Work hard and ask questions