4.3 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 686 Intern Reviews)

Top Class Internship
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Thorough training, helpful coworkers, great office culture, competitive compensation, diverse set of employees, interesting intern events, clear expectations, timely and helpful feedback

Hours are long, but what you'd expect with investment banking

This is the best place to start a career, hands down. The hours go by quickly, and you'll like coming to work.

How do you value the pizza shop on the corner, walk me through a DCF, why do you want to work here, tell me about yourself, what is the square root of 0.1.

Outstanding Business/Professional Development and Hands-On Training
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real-word, hands-on experience that you get to conduct while being an intern. The work that I was given did not make me feel like an intern doing "grunt work". I felt like a full-time employee of the company that was welcomed among my coworkers.

The mid-summer evaluations were so close to the beginning of the internship. I felt like I didn't have a chance to develop much before my evaluation. I know that having it early allows for the offer letters to come out sooner, but even if it was pushed back a week I feel that it would be helpful.

I think that it would be helpful for a candidate to know that JP Morgan Chase is a rapidly growing company where work is placed in a fast-paced, quick learning environment. It is also important to be extremely professional and to have close attention to detail.

1. If you are just about to give a PowerPoint presentation in a meeting and you notice that there was an error, what would you do? (Not exact wording but general concept)

The Best Wall Street Internship

The people

The exposure to different areas

The hours, sometimes interns had to work upwards of 70-80 hours per week.

Put yourself out there, ask intelligent questions, and get to know as many people as possible

Estimate the number of gas stations in the US

Walk me through your resume

Tell me about a time you overcame a challenge

Advice to Management

None!

Well compensated and good experience
Newark, DE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

variety of work

tedious nature of some assignment

good as is

It feels great to work with a enterprise with culture!
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning how to be productive in a big enterprise.

not enought time! 10 weeks was not enough!

embrace every moment! sometime the work is not what you expected but what ever it is you can learn from it.

How with the help of encryption you can eliminate middle man attack on a network?

Advice to Management

Assign a manager with more time to spend with interns!

One of the best places to launch a career in finance
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Closing a deal and seeing it on the front page of the Wall Street Journal.

Long hours at times, but that was to be expected.

Make sure you're actually passionate about the industry. While it's easy to get carried away focusing on the specific tasks you're assigned i.e. building a model, putting together a chart, it's important to grasp the big picture of the analysis itself - you're providing advice to multi billion dollar companies on what may be the most important transactions of their lives.

Tell me about a class you did poorly in.

What are some ways a company can use excess cash?

Walk me through some ways you can value a company.

What is a company you find interesting?

Surprisingly, the demanding 9-week internship flew by and the interns don't want to leave
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The group environment that I was in. Working long hours really didn't feel that long with the people that I was working with.

How unpredictable the work hours are. I had to come in on Saturdays/Sundays on an hours notice sometimes.

Make sure you are interested in finance and in investment banking. Someone who isn't interested wouldn't last in this career.

What are the three most common methods to value a company?

Walk me through a DCF

Advice to Management

Compensation and hours could improve a bit - and they are improving.

Good Hours, Good Pay, Great People- What More Can You Ask For?
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I love the company culture and the people that I met. Also, I definitely had a very unique experience in that I was often in the right place at the right time, so I got to meet a lot of really cool, high-up people.

I didn't like how I didn't know too many other intern- the social events didn't encourage sociability, and overall people were too busy.

Make sure you are yourself in the interviews, because if you want to start your career at a place where you love the people and they like you.

If you were in a group project and someone messed up so that you were not able to meet the deadline, how would you react and how would you speak to that person?

Incredible chance to work with rockstars across many industries
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great hours, high salary, incredible people, intellectually stimulating, challenging but rewarding work, dedication to the progression of careers, commitment to their employees, mobility

If you were not outgoing or eager to work hard, some people in my program found themselves without a lot of work/projects because they did not take the initiative to network and communicate that they had bandwidth.

It is an incredible place to launch your career. If you get an offer, you are one of the lucky few who get to start at such an incredible and dedicated organization.

If you showed up to a meeting with an important deck that had a typo, would you tell your manager?

What are 3 of your strengths and 3 of your weaknesses?

Advice to Management

More programming for interns and analysts across LOBs

Real world experience and career guidance
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation and experience

outdated technology

Work hard and ask questions