J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank, Asset Management and Corporate Programs

VAULT RANKINGS >> #5 Best Investment Bank Internships  /  #10 Best Financial Services Internships  /  #49 Best Overall Internships

Surprisingly, the demanding 9-week internship flew by and the interns don't want to leave
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The group environment that I was in. Working long hours really didn't feel that long with the people that I was working with.

How unpredictable the work hours are. I had to come in on Saturdays/Sundays on an hours notice sometimes.

Make sure you are interested in finance and in investment banking. Someone who isn't interested wouldn't last in this career.

What are the three most common methods to value a company?

Walk me through a DCF

Advice to Management

Compensation and hours could improve a bit - and they are improving.

A great gateway into the banking world, that will give you a tremendous opportunity for growth, and understanding of financial institutions.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The numerous intern events held were phenomenal. We were able to listen to great speakers and participate in networking events that truly enhanced my experience.

At times I felt my tasks were mundane, and wished to expedite some processes, but given the amount of work provided I was unable to find the time/resources to do so.

If you are interested in an operations role, this program is for you. Given the number of regulations recently placed on financial institutions, there are numerous opportunities for progress and growth that will keep you on you on your toes.

J.P. Morgan is a supremely professional company that consistently leads its industry.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given significant amounts of responsibility and was allowed to flourish.

We were not told how many offers would be given out until the middle of the summer.

J.P. Morgan is fully committed to its interns.

The Best Wall Street Internship

The people

The exposure to different areas

The hours, sometimes interns had to work upwards of 70-80 hours per week.

Put yourself out there, ask intelligent questions, and get to know as many people as possible

Estimate the number of gas stations in the US

Walk me through your resume

Tell me about a time you overcame a challenge

Advice to Management

None!

Top Class Internship
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Thorough training, helpful coworkers, great office culture, competitive compensation, diverse set of employees, interesting intern events, clear expectations, timely and helpful feedback

Hours are long, but what you'd expect with investment banking

This is the best place to start a career, hands down. The hours go by quickly, and you'll like coming to work.

How do you value the pizza shop on the corner, walk me through a DCF, why do you want to work here, tell me about yourself, what is the square root of 0.1.

Good Hours, Good Pay, Great People- What More Can You Ask For?
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I love the company culture and the people that I met. Also, I definitely had a very unique experience in that I was often in the right place at the right time, so I got to meet a lot of really cool, high-up people.

I didn't like how I didn't know too many other intern- the social events didn't encourage sociability, and overall people were too busy.

Make sure you are yourself in the interviews, because if you want to start your career at a place where you love the people and they like you.

If you were in a group project and someone messed up so that you were not able to meet the deadline, how would you react and how would you speak to that person?

JPMorgan allows you to have an internship that lets you experience the many different areas of the business.
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was very friendly and open. They answered any sort of question I had and the program structure allowed for the opportunity to explore different lines of businesses.

Sometimes, there was a lot of downtime. I wish we had a set schedule to stick to so we didn't have free time during the day.

Go into the internship with an open mind. You will get the opportunity to explore the various areas of JPMorgan.

What are your greatest strengths?

come out with a broad understanding of the asset management industry
Toronto | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I've had great managers who are always supportive and willing to share their time.

interaction with other interns was a little difficult being in a satellite office

First class firm doing first class business.

What's the interest rate now, is it low, high or in between, and how did it get to this level?

Advice to Management

Training could be a little more structured.

A challenging romp through the world of fixed income markets!
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Caliber of people, both among the interns and the employees you work with. A nice blend of structure and project autonomy. Receiving projects that actually matter. Excellent location. Excellent compensation.

It could feel too competitive at times: not because a negative tone was set but simply because spots were very

Limited and the talent pool was great.

Definitely consider JP Morgan if you're a driven, professional person looking for a challenging experiences.

A lot of questions related to probability, computer science, economics and statistics. I had to explain my thesis a lot.

Advice to Management

Diversity and culture ... At times I felt like I was surrounded by a lot of similar types of people.

great summer with great people
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

interns are treated with good respect

very much satisfied overall

make sure you know what you want to do and why