Intern at J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank, Asset Management and Corporate Programs? Submit a Review

JPMorgan allows you to have an internship that lets you experience the many different areas of the business.

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was very friendly and open. They answered any sort of question I had and the program structure allowed for the opportunity to explore different lines of businesses.

Sometimes, there was a lot of downtime. I wish we had a set schedule to stick to so we didn't have free time during the day.

Go into the internship with an open mind. You will get the opportunity to explore the various areas of JPMorgan.

What are your greatest strengths?

J.P. Morgan is a supremely professional company that consistently leads its industry.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given significant amounts of responsibility and was allowed to flourish.

We were not told how many offers would be given out until the middle of the summer.

J.P. Morgan is fully committed to its interns.

Surprisingly, the demanding 9-week internship flew by and the interns don't want to leave

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The group environment that I was in. Working long hours really didn't feel that long with the people that I was working with.

How unpredictable the work hours are. I had to come in on Saturdays/Sundays on an hours notice sometimes.

Make sure you are interested in finance and in investment banking. Someone who isn't interested wouldn't last in this career.

What are the three most common methods to value a company?

Walk me through a DCF

Advice to Management

Compensation and hours could improve a bit - and they are improving.

Good Hours, Good Pay, Great People- What More Can You Ask For?

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I love the company culture and the people that I met. Also, I definitely had a very unique experience in that I was often in the right place at the right time, so I got to meet a lot of really cool, high-up people.

I didn't like how I didn't know too many other intern- the social events didn't encourage sociability, and overall people were too busy.

Make sure you are yourself in the interviews, because if you want to start your career at a place where you love the people and they like you.

If you were in a group project and someone messed up so that you were not able to meet the deadline, how would you react and how would you speak to that person?

Top Class Internship

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Thorough training, helpful coworkers, great office culture, competitive compensation, diverse set of employees, interesting intern events, clear expectations, timely and helpful feedback

Hours are long, but what you'd expect with investment banking

This is the best place to start a career, hands down. The hours go by quickly, and you'll like coming to work.

How do you value the pizza shop on the corner, walk me through a DCF, why do you want to work here, tell me about yourself, what is the square root of 0.1.

Challenging and rewarding

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work was challenging and not mundane. My team was awesome and so helpful

Not a lot of day to day interaction with other interns

Be prepared to work hard and not always know what your doing. It's okay to ask questions

Advice to Management

Make sure managers have more availability for the interns

A challenging romp through the world of fixed income markets!

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Caliber of people, both among the interns and the employees you work with. A nice blend of structure and project autonomy. Receiving projects that actually matter. Excellent location. Excellent compensation.

It could feel too competitive at times: not because a negative tone was set but simply because spots were very

Limited and the talent pool was great.

Definitely consider JP Morgan if you're a driven, professional person looking for a challenging experiences.

A lot of questions related to probability, computer science, economics and statistics. I had to explain my thesis a lot.

Advice to Management

Diversity and culture ... At times I felt like I was surrounded by a lot of similar types of people.

Amazing

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people

the hours were not great but managable

Work hard and make sure you focus on the relationships you make

Why would a client hire us over the other banks? (This question gets butchered a lot by other people)

Advice to Management

Make sure you pay on par with the other big names

A great summer in all respects

The people, The work

Nothing really

There is a lot of mobility within the firm for talented individuals and upper management is very ready to talk.

A lot of questions about current affairs

10 weeks of constant learning, networking, and challenging yourself to be the best you can be.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, culture, responsibility given to interns.

Size of the firm, it's hard to meet people and stand out.

If you are interested in this firm, take any opportunity you get here. You will eventually find your place, as the opportunities to move around at the firm are plenty and also encouraged.