4.3 of 5 stars (1,092 Ratings)

Intern at J.P. Morgan Corporate, Asset Management and Corporate & Investment Bank Programs? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 1,092 Intern Reviews

Supportive enviroment

October 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Learnt a lot about modelling, smart people and nice office!

long hours, a bit of political power-play in the office

Comments

Show genuine interest in investment, don't be afraid to share silly ideas.

J. P. Morgan Summer Internship

October 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Organisation and effort put in by members of HR & Graduate Recruitment team meant that my internship was a great experience. There were lots of networking events which gave interns the opportunity to meet each other, employees and find out more about J.P. Morgan. I was given various responsibilities and tasks by my team, all of whom were very accommodating and welcoming. The buddy and senior advisor system helped me to meet people at different levels of the business and give different aspects to what it would be like to work full time at J.P.

I would have liked a role with a bit more maths, but as an intern in the division I was in I don't think it would be expected. I think the events which are put on for you during your internship depend on which division you sit with and can vary quite a bit, I was lucky enough to be sat with a division who organised a lot.

Comments

Mobility within the firm is promoted, so make the most of all the opportunities given to you whilst interning- this also helps know more about the business and company structure.

The most intensive yet rewarding and enjoyable experience I have had.

Other (International) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to engage and work alongside extremely smart people in an exciting and dynamic environment.

The internship was relatively short.

If you want the experience of doing corporate finance at a first-class firm, this is the company to apply.

The perfect stepping Stone to your career

Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was immediately placed in a team and I felt like all of the work I did was meaningful and would be used.

The system I worked on was quite difficult and the training was sparse

If you are going into technology, know that even though JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a bank they take great pride in their development of technology.

What are some security reasons a system would need to be replaced?

Educational

Columbus, OH | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning/compensation were the best aspects.

No aspects were disliked.

Networking is the most important

Intern broadens skill set and makes lasting contribution to firm

Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Company culture
- Help was always a question away
- People eager to share what they knew
- Many resources for self-improvement

- Took long to get access to certain pieces of software

If you want to see how software is developed and its lifecycle in a large firm, then JPMC is a very good fit.They have resources to help you learn.

You get out what you put in; There are many opportunites waiting for you to take.

Jersey City, NJ | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking opportunites. I was exposed to many different projects, which allowed me to encounter many different people.

I was thrilled with my internship experience

Understand that any role does not need to be permanent. This company offers many mobility opportunites. If you are unhappy with a role, stay with the company, be positive, and more opportunities will arise.

Advice to Management

I think many intern managers (mine excluded) did not interact with the interns enough. I think this lead to some interns not being thrilled about their experience.

-What experiences do you have with leadership?
-Explain times in leadership when you have faced issues.
-Talk about relavent work you have done.

Fabulous !

Other (International) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

1> Work

2> People

3> Culture

4> Office

1> Stripend offered was lower than that offered by competitors

One of the most organized and best internship programs to experience if you are looking for a Markets Analyst role in an Investment Bank

Advice to Management

NA

1> How do you price and Interest Rate Swap ?

2> How is the price of an FX Futures contract determined ?

3> How does inflation impact the exchange rate of a currency ?

Quality work experience prepares students for the rest of their lives.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture was great. It was easy to approach co-workers and everyone was always happy to help. Also, I felt that my work really had an impact on the organization

The goal setting system of a little difficult. It's hard to set long-term internship goals if you're only there for 10 weeks

JP Morgan is a charitable organization, the culture facilitates learning and experience, and the people are fantastic

How would you open a Mexican restaurant?
What have you heard about JPM in the news recently?

An enriching summer in a supportive environment that helps build a strong corporate skillset.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

networking with interns and other employees, small group meetings with managing directors, and a "never be afraid to ask questions" style of work. Also, your opinions and point of views are valued just as much as, if not more than, the full time employees.

There was no organized training aside from the orientation day. Yes, there was on the job training, as well as in-team training hours, but there was no overall classroom-style training.

Never stop networking throughout the internship.

Advice to Management

Provide more information/forewarning about taxation of the signing bonus and salary tax rates.