J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank, Asset Management and Corporate Programs

VAULT RANKINGS >> #5 Best Investment Bank Internships  /  #10 Best Financial Services Internships  /  #49 Best Overall Internships

4.3 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 686 Intern Reviews)

Work Your Way To The Top
Newark, DE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to gain hands on experience and watch my work be put to good use by the firm.

It took a while to place me with the right team, but once I got there I couldn't imagine a better job.

Their mobility program is excellent and can really help you get to the career and location you desire.

What is the different between a linked-list and an array? which do you prefer?

What is the software development cycle?

Where do you see yourself in five years?

Advice to Management

It might be a good idea to have a "compatibility test" of sorts for interns/full-time hires to be properly placed on a team.

Outstanding Business/Professional Development and Hands-On Training
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real-word, hands-on experience that you get to conduct while being an intern. The work that I was given did not make me feel like an intern doing "grunt work". I felt like a full-time employee of the company that was welcomed among my coworkers.

The mid-summer evaluations were so close to the beginning of the internship. I felt like I didn't have a chance to develop much before my evaluation. I know that having it early allows for the offer letters to come out sooner, but even if it was pushed back a week I feel that it would be helpful.

I think that it would be helpful for a candidate to know that JP Morgan Chase is a rapidly growing company where work is placed in a fast-paced, quick learning environment. It is also important to be extremely professional and to have close attention to detail.

1. If you are just about to give a PowerPoint presentation in a meeting and you notice that there was an error, what would you do? (Not exact wording but general concept)

One of the best places to launch a career in finance
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Closing a deal and seeing it on the front page of the Wall Street Journal.

Long hours at times, but that was to be expected.

Make sure you're actually passionate about the industry. While it's easy to get carried away focusing on the specific tasks you're assigned i.e. building a model, putting together a chart, it's important to grasp the big picture of the analysis itself - you're providing advice to multi billion dollar companies on what may be the most important transactions of their lives.

Tell me about a class you did poorly in.

What are some ways a company can use excess cash?

Walk me through some ways you can value a company.

What is a company you find interesting?

A challenging romp through the world of fixed income markets!
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Caliber of people, both among the interns and the employees you work with. A nice blend of structure and project autonomy. Receiving projects that actually matter. Excellent location. Excellent compensation.

It could feel too competitive at times: not because a negative tone was set but simply because spots were very

Limited and the talent pool was great.

Definitely consider JP Morgan if you're a driven, professional person looking for a challenging experiences.

A lot of questions related to probability, computer science, economics and statistics. I had to explain my thesis a lot.

Advice to Management

Diversity and culture ... At times I felt like I was surrounded by a lot of similar types of people.

Interactive, Great Learning Experience
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to people with different technology skills and being exposed to new technologies within a financial services firm.

There wasn't enough done about showing different groups within the company

Be open to suggestions given by other people from the group.

Advice to Management

Introduce the technology interns to other groups within the firm so they have a bigger understanding of what groups require what sets of skills.

come out with a broad understanding of the asset management industry
Toronto | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I've had great managers who are always supportive and willing to share their time.

interaction with other interns was a little difficult being in a satellite office

First class firm doing first class business.

What's the interest rate now, is it low, high or in between, and how did it get to this level?

Advice to Management

Training could be a little more structured.

With an excellent experience, a full time offer is accepted
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture and work-life balance was fantastic. Every day was a chance to learn and do something new and interesting. All of the full-time employees were great resources who wanted to get to know me, teach and help me, and see me succeed.

On the very first day I did not have a computer yet. That is about all I can think of.

JP Morgan is a very successful company that any employer would love to see on a resume. Their traning they offer is the best in the industry, so with your experiences you will have, even if you don't receive a full-time offer, you will get a great full-time offer from another outstanding company.

great summer with great people
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

interns are treated with good respect

very much satisfied overall

make sure you know what you want to do and why

Amazing
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people

the hours were not great but managable

Work hard and make sure you focus on the relationships you make

Why would a client hire us over the other banks? (This question gets butchered a lot by other people)

Advice to Management

Make sure you pay on par with the other big names

Culture beats strategy
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentorship and professional development opportunities.

I wasn't able to work in a group setting as much as I intended to.

Always be humble and gracious of the opportunity being presented.