J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank, Asset Management and Corporate Programs

An invaluable internship to gain experience at the highest level and develop a network of highly distinguished professionals
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the level of involvement that they allowed every intern the have and the firm's commitment to long term talent development

The hours can sometimes be overwhelming but they do a good job of easing you into it.

JP Morgan gives interns the opportunity to participate in market making at the highest level. They do an incredible job of facilitating long term development through engaging speaker series events, informal networking dinners, and constant performance evaluation. When you work for JP Morgan, whether you receive an offer at the end of your internship or not, you will come away with an experience that is well worth your while if pursuing a career in financial services is of interest to you.

Advice to Management

I would suggest managers be a bit more upfront about the hours that they expect an intern to work but other than that, no advice.

Top-tier wealth management experience
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Education, market drills and other current event driven activities, research available through JPM

Amount prospecting

JPM is an awesome place to begin a career.

Learning to Research Companies in Detail
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Very intellectually engaging, felt like I was working on my own timetable

Because of the nature of my internship, I really didn't get much feedback until the end of the summer

Firm really wants people to stay there for a long time - very much a career destination, not just a stepping stone to some place else

Advice to Management

free lunch? seriously there's not much that comes to mind

Conducting client research through various tools
Oklahoma City, OK | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

helpfulness of the team, prospecting tools used,

There wasn't anything I didn't like.

Everyone in J.P. Morgan wants you to succeed, and they will do their best to help you succeed during your internship.

Advice to Management

N/A

Working along great people and the job allowed me to have a lot of free time.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working alongside other members of my team every day on real client projects.

I wish I could have worked more with other interns in different groups so that we could learn together through the process.

The internship is extremely structured which makes the transition into the business world very easy.

Learning from the best to be the best
Kansas City, KS | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

J.P Morgan's resources for career development, compensation, quality of work

The department I would be interning at was not revealed until a week prior to starting day.

You will love working here

Advice to Management

N/A

Learned a great deal, and did interesting work with intelligent, experienced people

people, education, exposure, networking

I would have liked to have more interaction with other desks and teams

Read as much as you can, and try to get in touch with current employees in order to learn where you may be interested in working.

Opportunity to build skills and contribute to the team through participation in meaningful projects
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to work on meaningful and interesting projects

Career development and mentorship

Opportunity to learn from an excellent team

According to first-year analysts, the internship doesn't fully expose interns to the day-to-day responsibilities that come with the full-time position: interns have much more freedom to pursue research projects that interest them.

I would highly recommend pursuing an internship at JP Morgan. Interns are provided with meaningful projects, and managers take the time to provide insightful advice regarding personal and career development. The program management team also organizes an incredible senior leaders program, during which interns have the opportunity to speak with and learn from many of the company's senior leaders.

Intense and rewarding
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were very genuine and helpful. Working directly with clients and providing an important service is very rewarding.

There were times that the job was very stressful and the hours loged were very long.

J.P. Morgan cares deeply about its employees and it is shown by the amount of time and effort the company puts into training its new employees.

Advice to Management

Receiving more constructive feedback about how you are doing throughout the internship would be helpful.

One of the best, intense experiences and opportunities for an intern
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real world, hands on experience and exposure to the world of finance. This, coupled with the ability to network with some of the top professionals in the industry, as well as peers from across the globe are the best aspects of the internship.

The long hours were the toughest part of the internship.

Meet as many people as you can. Work hard - be the first in, last out. Be professional and clear in all communication.