Intern at J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank, Asset Management and Corporate Programs Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

Challenging and Rewarding Experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, camaraderie, fellow interns, intern events, trust and work given by senior managers

no complaints

pursue your passion, you need to have a true interest in finance if you want to be a good banker

Advice to Management

overtime, more training, chances to explore other groups within the investment banking division

Learning to do first-class business in a first-class way.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The relationships I was able to develop with everyone at the firm from other interns to senior management.

I wish I would have had a little bit more exposure to other business areas over the course of the internship so I could develop a more concrete idea about what position would be best for me.

You will be successful if you network and develop as many professional relationships/connections as possible.

Advice to Management

I think they could do a better job communicating exactly what they are looking for in terms of performance from the interns. At times this was unclear.

The best place to work on Wall Street.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing learning opportunity and very intelligent workforce.

Being staffed or given work at late hours ie. after 9pm.

One of the best places to learn, develop professionally and do meaningful work.

Advice to Management

Improve work-life balance.

A very intense and hands-on experience in which I learned a great deal about the industry.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to fortune 500 companies. Valuation models.

Long hours.

Be sure to evaluate a potential employer as if it were a full-time hire.

Great overall experience, the people were really nice

work - life balance

I did not get that great of a sense of what other interns were do.

Work/life balance is really great

Excellent preview, including training, day-to-day work, networking, and talented peers, to a financial services career at a prominent bank.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking events with peers and upper management, mentor program, clear communication of responsibilities and evaluative means, on-site training at onset and over course of internship, interesting and meaningful work, management's emphasis on interacting with individuals across the bank to discover personal interests

The diversity of work in my division resulted in drastically different days for interns. An empirical way to compare interns over the course of the summer, where the best and brightest are able to stick out based on directly comparable projects would have removed a lot of suspense approaching offer decisions.

If you want to fully utilize your skills over the course of the summer, this is the internship program for you. You will be expected to complete work that has real implications for the bank, and as a result, you can establish a good or bad reputation very quickly with peers, teams, managers, and ultimately human resources.

Advice to Management

I thought the program was very well run.

Educational
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, flexibility, group dynamic, mentorship

Hours and downtime waiting for response to deliverables

Focused on employee development, trying to teach and enhance the ablilities of them by reinvesting in them through webcast lessons and work/life balance

Learning and Demonstrating Fundamentals of Asset Management in a Comfortable Environment

People I met, how much I learned, location and culture

Really not much aside from being pulled in many different directions

Really decide if you like finance, understand if you like the people, and get to know the younger analyst's and their experiences

The most structured, intellectually stimulating, and rewarding experience I have had with a summer internship.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The resources (people and JP Morgan intranet) that were available to me in learning more about private banking, the ability to undergo projects and see myself as a banking analyst, and the great mentorship program throughout the company (co-workers and supervisors).

I enjoyed every aspect of the internship, from the mentorship that my coworkers provided and structure of the program, to the realistic workload amount.

The support that you receive throughout the internship program is unlike any other. You are paired with an analyst in another region and you have an ability to ask questions or for advice. The recruiting team is always available to reach out to. And the firm is a great networking resource, every person I contacted was excited to share perspective.

Advice to Management

Connecting projects with the final product (client meetings). More interaction between senior employees with analysts to show the connection between building spreadsheets and the big picture (why things are done in a certain way).

experience of a lifetime

The amount of responsibility

The internship was good, very real

Keep focus on why you are there. Work hard, play hard.