J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank, Asset Management and Corporate Programs Internship

The Amazing Race

Work was interesting and stimulating, people were hardworking and supportive

Integration of team with bro

JPMorgan is an amazing place to intern because you will be surrounded by amazing people who are all rooting for you to succeed. You will have access to training and many resources that help you to do well. You will be given work that is meaningful - so their comes a lot of responsibility even as an intern. If you are willing to work hard and show that you care about your work, your team, and the firm, you will have a great experience.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent during the offer process.

Top-tier wealth management experience

Education, market drills and other current event driven activities, research available through JPM

Amount prospecting

JPM is an awesome place to begin a career.

Date: 2013

Learning from the best to be the best

J.P Morgan's resources for career development, compensation, quality of work

The department I would be interning at was not revealed until a week prior to starting day.

You will love working here

Advice to Management

N/A

Date: 2013

Entrepreneurial experience at a top wall street firm.

Being able to work on a start up team for J.P. Morgan

Working weekends occasionally

It was a wonderful experience.

Date: 2013

Learning from intelligent, motivated and genuinely nice employees

The opportunity to network with so many different people and areas of the bank was great for those who discovered they were not as interested as they originally had been in their particular area, but in my personal experience the quality of the people I worked with was the best aspect because they kept me excited to come in to work every day.

I wish it had been longer! Many of my friends' working at financial firms in NYC worked until August 9th, whereas my program ended August 2nd. I would have liked a few extra weeks of work.

For someone looking into entering the financial services industry, the hours will typically be very long and the job stressful no matter where you decide to work. For that reason, you need to pick an organization that values people, and I think JP Morgan does a great job of picking incredibly intelligent employees that are humble, making them all wonderful colleagues. They also are dedicated to educating the younger people in the firm, which is important because it facilitates your ability to grow and advance within the industry.

Advice to Management

I can't think of anything the firm could do for full-time employees aside from maybe having a fitness facility in the building, but for the internship I think HR should do a better job of hiring the number of interns they actually intent to hire full-time. Understanding that some interns may not meet expectations and some may not like the job, it still seemed to be a problem that there were not enough spots to hire all the interns who deserved an offer.

Date: 2013

Gain exposure and get paid well for it

Lots of learning, dynamic industry, great exposure, paid well, upper-level management transparency

Long hours

Come in with a great attitude and be very proactive. The work is not too difficult, you just have to be able to manage time effectively and pay attention to the details.

Date: 2013

A summer of fun, friends, learning, and bonding

Great work experience in terms of project staffing, extremely organized, friendly people who are uncharacteristically humble and impressive in the industry

No overtime pay; less compensation than other banks

Meeting the people and understanding the culture of the firm

Private Banking Summer Analyst Summer Internship

The best parts were meeting and working with all of the incredibly smart and talented people. It was very interesting to see their insights on how things work.

The hours were tough to deal with because I had never had a job that required that amount of work.

Definitely do research beforehand so you know what you're going into.

Date: 2013

My summer internship exceeded my expectations, I learned a lot, and had the opportunity to get fiirst hand experience of the financial ind.

The learning experience, senior speakers, mentoring.

The paperwork involved in the business.

Be prepared to give your best at everything you do, and dedicate yourself 100% to the job throughout the summer.

Advice to Management

Probably staffing teams more, sometimes I heard comments from employees complaining about being understaffed.

Learning to Research Companies in Detail

Very intellectually engaging, felt like I was working on my own timetable

Because of the nature of my internship, I really didn't get much feedback until the end of the summer

Firm really wants people to stay there for a long time - very much a career destination, not just a stepping stone to some place else

Advice to Management

free lunch? seriously there's not much that comes to mind