J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank, Asset Management and Corporate Programs

VAULT RANKINGS >> #5 Best Investment Bank Internships  /  #10 Best Financial Services Internships  /  #49 Best Overall Internships

Becoming a part of something greater than myself
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Incredible collegial feeling, teamwork, all around extremely welcoming. I learned so much and it was great to be part of.

Nothing, honestly everything was perfect.

You must love finance and be willing to work hard.

Why ibanking? Why JPM? Tell your story.

Advice to Management

Honestly, so great, no complaints.

Great start of a career

People were helpful

Not much team work

Be prepared to learn new things that you have not encountered yet

With an excellent experience, a full time offer is accepted
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture and work-life balance was fantastic. Every day was a chance to learn and do something new and interesting. All of the full-time employees were great resources who wanted to get to know me, teach and help me, and see me succeed.

On the very first day I did not have a computer yet. That is about all I can think of.

JP Morgan is a very successful company that any employer would love to see on a resume. Their traning they offer is the best in the industry, so with your experiences you will have, even if you don't receive a full-time offer, you will get a great full-time offer from another outstanding company.

great summer with great people
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

interns are treated with good respect

very much satisfied overall

make sure you know what you want to do and why

Compliance at JPMC
Newark, DE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The environment I worked in and the managers and other analysts I worked with.

For the interns not at the Morgan Christiana site, it would have been nice to be able to interact with the interns there since there were very few interns at the other offices.

Research the Lines of Business before you put your preferences because they aren't necessarily clearly stated.

JPMorgan allows you to have an internship that lets you experience the many different areas of the business.
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was very friendly and open. They answered any sort of question I had and the program structure allowed for the opportunity to explore different lines of businesses.

Sometimes, there was a lot of downtime. I wish we had a set schedule to stick to so we didn't have free time during the day.

Go into the internship with an open mind. You will get the opportunity to explore the various areas of JPMorgan.

What are your greatest strengths?

Great opportunity to develop the skills that I have acquired in school and work with professionals in my field
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Felt like I made an impact, always included in every meeting, Developed my professional culture

Wish I could of had more than 10 weeks to intern

Be prepared to work since you are helping your team with the current projects

What are the stages of the SDLC, What did you learn most about your previous job, What do you know about JPMorgan Chase

Advice to Management

Have more in person training

Great learning experience with great people
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Overall culture of the firm and individual culture of the specific group I was in, great orientation/ training program

The hours were long but well worth it

Every BB investment bank has a different culture, and J.P. Morgan's is great in that it's very conducive to team work and I think that's what sets it apart from other firms.

Good Hours, Good Pay, Great People- What More Can You Ask For?
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I love the company culture and the people that I met. Also, I definitely had a very unique experience in that I was often in the right place at the right time, so I got to meet a lot of really cool, high-up people.

I didn't like how I didn't know too many other intern- the social events didn't encourage sociability, and overall people were too busy.

Make sure you are yourself in the interviews, because if you want to start your career at a place where you love the people and they like you.

If you were in a group project and someone messed up so that you were not able to meet the deadline, how would you react and how would you speak to that person?

Interactive, Great Learning Experience
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to people with different technology skills and being exposed to new technologies within a financial services firm.

There wasn't enough done about showing different groups within the company

Be open to suggestions given by other people from the group.

Advice to Management

Introduce the technology interns to other groups within the firm so they have a bigger understanding of what groups require what sets of skills.