J.P. Morgan Investment Bank Asia Summer Internship program for Investment Banking, Sales, Trading & Research, IB risk, Global Special Opportunities Group and Global Corporate Bank

Date: 2013

Great chance to get exposure to finance and markets in SE ASia

Opportunities to work on valuation and go to client meetings.

Opportunities to work on pitchbooks/format/data mine/etc.

Too much to put here.

Date: 2013

A valuable experience at a leading firm, working beside many intelligent and accommodating colleagues

The firm culture, which is both professional and friendly; the structure of the internship program, which includes nearly flawless logistics and a balance of learning and doing

Facetime is important, though all my colleagues are hardworking and stay in the office very late

If you are set on finance, there is perhaps no better opportunity to join the industry than with J.P. Morgan. The internship program and the firm culture are really first-rate.

Advice to Management

Computer software and hardware can be faster and more efficient

Date: 2013

J.P.Morgan is the right place to be if you want to be in a finance industry

Everyone on the floor welcomes us, makes time for us and is willing to guide us.

There are too many events with too large number of people. Often I lost chance to have lunch with two-three people on desks to attend these events with 40 interns and 1 manager.

There are not that many banks where the employees are truly proud of being part of it and pay respect to the management team. J.P.Morgan is one of very few such places.

Fulifiling

You get to engage in real life trade scenarios and see the flow of the business.

Feeling rejected whenever your colleagues are busy, but you have to understand.

Be proactive and come in with an open mind.

Very valuable experience

Well paid, full-span training and experience

Long working hours

Very good employer

Date: 2013

Challenging internship with learning across the entire sector ecosystem

Learning about the sector, about equity research and make tangible contribution to the products of the team

Lack of interaction with clients but that is limited by regulations.

Its a very challenging 10 weeks with lots of things going on at the same time. prioritization is the key

Date: 2013

Hard working, meanful, and rich

Highly explores my potential, and I love it.

Food in the building.

It is a wonderful company, as to my experience, but you have to find your interest when you choose an apartment to work for.

Advice to Management

Probably more training on general, which helps cultivate a disciplined thinking pattern.

Incredible Learning Curve, Great Culture, Extremely Inspiring & Great Fun

- Senior managers are actively involved in recruitment, and spend quality time with interns throughout - Everyone on the floor is incredibly willing to teach - Pays very well (plus company takes care of travel and accomodation)

- Hours can be tough to get used to

- Look for the right fit. The work will follow

Date: 2013

Non-stop learning: how to be a good generalist - there's no end-point, it's all about learning to perform the process better.

- Client interaction, site visits: actual hands-on experience rather than sticking to the desk all the time - Ample opportunities to employ my writing skills: writing reports and notes that are actually then disseminated and used by clients, who actively give feedback - Globalized nature of my work: liaising with colleagues and clients all over the world from NY to London to Mumbai to Tokyo

- Medical expenses not covered when I fell unexpectedly sick and needed an urgent injection - Computer malfunctioning - Having to send out plain administrative emails for hours (but then, that's an intern's job)

Know why you want what you want. Don't pick a job because you think it's glamorous or cool, there's no such appeal once you're actually in the real thing for more than a few months. Have a long-term horizon, don't be myopic - think about what's sustainable and where/who you want to be in 5, 10, 20 years' time. Don't just talk to people of your age range but be bold to talk even to the most senior of management if the opportunity arises - they give you a glimpse of what position you could be in in a few decades' time should you choose to stay at this firm. That way you can assess whether that's who you want to be when the time comes, kind of like peering into the future.

Date: 2013

Challenging internship with great rewards.

Broad exposure in different industries and types of transactions, excellent mentorship

Hours can be a bit tough, but in line with other banks

Have a positive attitude and learn from mistakes. Keep doing a better job.

Advice to Management

N/A