J.P. Morgan Investment Bank Asia Summer Internship Program for Finance, Operations and Technology

Sparkle the Project Management in the Mysterized Banking Technology
Hong Kong | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Communications with basically all the teams in my line of business. Based in the project management team, I need to help cooridnate with other development teams, testing teams and operations team. I can basically have a general overview of the whole business in Treasury Services Technology (Cash).

The duration should be longer. Ten weeks are not long enough for me to fully understand the whole business in my LOB. I would love to spend more time here contributing my best in my team. :)

Work hard; Ask more questions; Speak more; Develop communications skills; and Enjoy. :)

Plenty of Opportunties to Learn.
Other (International) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking opportunities.

Could have had more sessions on specific functions rather than a general overview of the company.

It is important to have an open mind. There will be plenty of opportunities to learn, provided you are willing to.

Advice to Management

Compensation can be little higher. People with prior work experience get the same pay that a fresher gets.

Structured insight
Hong Kong | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The structured approach with which the program was conducted. The firm provides us with well organized training, talks and networking events that help us to understand how the pieces fit together and how the firm operates.

I also feel like the firm is spending a lot of money and resources on the intern development. They take the program serious and want you to learn and understand what it is all about. Managers and colleagues are friendly and take you as a fully valued member of the team.

Personally, I also really like the company culture. It is a really flat organization and you can approach peoople easily to find out more about their role and career path.

Many evenings and soemtimes even Saturdays are spent on talks and networking events, which sometimes can get too much and leaves little time for doing other things.

I think the firm is most suitable to smart people that like challenges. I do believe that people with an outgoing personality have an advantage here because we have lots of networking events and it's all about knowing people and them knowing you. Internship advisors have told us several times that receiving a return offer will strongly depend on who you know and even later on in your career, new opportuinites will only arise for those known by the people in charge.

Advice to Management

I would like to receive a feedback on why I was chosen for the internship in the first place, i.e. what they liked/disliked. I am also curious to know how they decided to place me in the role that I am currently in.

I think feedback is valuable even in the recruitment process and especially for people who just start of their career.

First Class of Internship

Many Senior Management interaction chances

The peer is too competitive.

Be prepared for the long hours.

70 days of valuable experience

People, Learning Opportunities, Working environment, Strong leadership

The environmental setup for an application developer is a tedious process.

The leadership's commitment to developing talent and the mobility program of the firm is unmatched by any other firm. It is something that is very well-received and appreciated by the people working in the organization.

The best learning experience one can get during an internship.
Other (International) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

networking, learning , diversity, corporate exposure, inter and intra team work, sr leadership sessions,

A more specific end to end project oriented more of towards finance and more related to academic learning in MBA

I think organisation culture plays a very important role which the best in Jp Morgan . The employees are very friendly and helpful at all times and you have a lot of learning in the organisation

Advice to Management

The organisation can implement a best intern award to that there is healthy competition and everyone puts in their best efforts.

more of specific and live one to one class room trainings can help organisation to improve

Full of knowledge and experiences.

Fruitful but balanced.

Not applicable.

Mentally well prepared.

Advice to Management

Not applicable. People are nice here.

A truly enriching experience that expands my horizon.
Singapore | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship is more than just a flavour of work. The HR arranged all kinds of opportunities to let us know more about the company and its various wings, which allows us to make more informed decisions.

The compensation is not as fantastics, but I would consider it sufficient as an internship.

As important as doing his work well, one shall reach out to people and ask them about the life and experience. This company has a very open culture that allows so much learning for a proactive person.

Wonderful opportunity to learn more about the business, industry and yourself.
Singapore | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The autonomy and responsibility given to interns.

Job role information could be given earlier.

This is a place for someone who is passionate about technology, is able to be proactive and can work well in teams. If you want an internship where everything is spoon fed or you expect not to do much work, this is not a place for you.

Fruitful, busy, informative day-to-day
Hong Kong | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

We involved in business-as-usual duties and projects, which require us to carry on responsibility and treat us like full-time analyst. This is good to interns as we can learn and know more about the business, instead of just handling shallow administrative jobs.

Trainings or senior speaker series at night due to the live broadcasting from New York. I understand that this is precious to an intern, but then still, starting at 21:30 and ending at 22:30 is exhausting for the day after.

Equip with more financial knowledge before joining the company. So often we have senior speaker series, and so often we would like to ask questions. Asking financial industry related questions is easier to impress others.

Advice to Management

Everything is fine in JP Morgan.