J.P. Morgan Investment Bank Asia Summer Internship Program for Finance, Operations and Technology

70 days of valuable experience

People, Learning Opportunities, Working environment, Strong leadership

The environmental setup for an application developer is a tedious process.

The leadership's commitment to developing talent and the mobility program of the firm is unmatched by any other firm. It is something that is very well-received and appreciated by the people working in the organization.

Structured insight

The structured approach with which the program was conducted. The firm provides us with well organized training, talks and networking events that help us to understand how the pieces fit together and how the firm operates. I also feel like the firm is spending a lot of money and resources on the intern development. They take the program serious and want you to learn and understand what it is all about. Managers and colleagues are friendly and take you as a fully valued member of the team. Personally, I also really like the company culture. It is a really flat organization and you can approach peoople easily to find out more about their role and career path.

Many evenings and soemtimes even Saturdays are spent on talks and networking events, which sometimes can get too much and leaves little time for doing other things.

I think the firm is most suitable to smart people that like challenges. I do believe that people with an outgoing personality have an advantage here because we have lots of networking events and it's all about knowing people and them knowing you. Internship advisors have told us several times that receiving a return offer will strongly depend on who you know and even later on in your career, new opportuinites will only arise for those known by the people in charge.

Advice to Management

I would like to receive a feedback on why I was chosen for the internship in the first place, i.e. what they liked/disliked. I am also curious to know how they decided to place me in the role that I am currently in. I think feedback is valuable even in the recruitment process and especially for people who just start of their career.

Date: 2013

Plenty of Opportunties to Learn.

Networking opportunities.

Could have had more sessions on specific functions rather than a general overview of the company.

It is important to have an open mind. There will be plenty of opportunities to learn, provided you are willing to.

Advice to Management

Compensation can be little higher. People with prior work experience get the same pay that a fresher gets.

First Class of Internship

Many Senior Management interaction chances

The peer is too competitive.

Be prepared for the long hours.

Date: 2013

The best learning experience one can get during an internship.

networking, learning , diversity, corporate exposure, inter and intra team work, sr leadership sessions,

A more specific end to end project oriented more of towards finance and more related to academic learning in MBA

I think organisation culture plays a very important role which the best in Jp Morgan . The employees are very friendly and helpful at all times and you have a lot of learning in the organisation

Advice to Management

The organisation can implement a best intern award to that there is healthy competition and everyone puts in their best efforts. more of specific and live one to one class room trainings can help organisation to improve

Date: 2013

Full of knowledge and experiences.

Fruitful but balanced.

Not applicable.

Mentally well prepared.

Advice to Management

Not applicable. People are nice here.

Sparkle the Project Management in the Mysterized Banking Technology

Communications with basically all the teams in my line of business. Based in the project management team, I need to help cooridnate with other development teams, testing teams and operations team. I can basically have a general overview of the whole business in Treasury Services Technology (Cash).

The duration should be longer. Ten weeks are not long enough for me to fully understand the whole business in my LOB. I would love to spend more time here contributing my best in my team. :)

Work hard; Ask more questions; Speak more; Develop communications skills; and Enjoy. :)

Eye-widening

Encouraging interns to ask questions A flat organizational structure

Low salary when compared to the same position of different companies

Everything comes with a cost. Work hard and you will have a steep learning curve.

Advice to Management

Increase the compensation to interns.

Date: 2013

Ideal corporate understanding and experience

Networking, teamwork, organizing events and flexibility

The one thing I did not like about my internship was that I would have loved to be given the oppurtunity to work in an application development role.

As an Inter, do not be afraid to reach out to people and network. People at JP Mogran are really friendly and helpful - There is no stereotyped "Corporate Hierarchy/Seniority"

Advice to Management

Have more networking events where people give career advice and have interesting stories to tell. A standard talk about each team or division can turn out to be quite dry or dull.

Date: 2013

Time is the enemy of gaining exposure and experience. So many things I like, so little time to do them all.

An accommodating environment, great people, great mentoring and training, very structured, good exposure to the whole organization, challenging work, emphasis on a mutually beneficial relationship

Too short, inadequate pre-internship information with regards to team and exact function.

For a technologist, the bank does true technology work. Great people from varied backgrounds ensure comprehensive personality development. The firm's investment in cultivating talent is noteworthy. Location specific advantage is that it is looking to expand.

Advice to Management

Compensation is lower than competition but job prospects make up for it.