Goldman Sachs Summer Internship Program

The Best

Opportunity of a Lifetime
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People; Goldman is justified in emphasizing and taking pride in their people. I met some of the most talented and nicest people in my group!

Nothing in particular; management did an amazing job of making sure that every interns experience is memorable.

Its not just any other bulge bracket investment bank; people at Goldman really make it a unique experience.

Advice to Management

Its an amazing place to work at; keep up with the push on diversity and work-life balance!

Best possible experience through exposure to multiple facets of the Securities division at a large bank
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to different roles within the division, culture of the workplace, access to senior level people, enjoyed getting to meet/spending time with everyone, very determined to find you a role within the firm. It was incredible that every intern was hired at the end of the summer, two of which in roles that they did not anticipate hiring for.

very little...only problem was that as an intern, you can do limited "real analyst work" in Sales & Trading since it requires certain licenses. this was not a surprise though.

Get to know everyone you can in the office, and attempt to create strong relationships with a few people. Once you do this, people will be willing to go out of their way to help create a position.

Tell me about what is going on in the markets right now? What happens if the Fed suddenly raises interest rates? What do you like to do for fun that is not sports/school/work related? Why are you prepared for this role as an intern here? Tell me about your interest in this firm/division.

Advice to Management

More training specific to Sales & Trading would have been beneficial for us during the first week in NY.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Valuable insight into the finance industry and the firm
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

It offers real responsibilities as well as a comprehensive program of training, seminars, group projects and a range of networking events.

The internship program could be a little bit longer.

Shown your commitment and ability to learn.

Work hard, learn a lot, and have a great time.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at Goldman is great. I learned so much and everyone was very helpful in getting me up to speed on finance concepts.

The hours were long, but it wasn't more than I expected.

It is a lot of work, but rewarding if you put in the time and effort. You don't need to know much about finance coming into the internship, but it is expected that you will do additional work to get up to speed.

Engaging
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to learn more about technology and finance

I wish there was more time to ramp up on the new technologies I was working with

Future interns should consider whether they have an interest in finance because the financial components are very critical to making a useful product

Exceeded Expectations

Company culture.

Too short.

Explore all the different positions within technology.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Opportunity

great people

there were no major cons

meet as many people as possible and find out a team you can see your self working on

how would you allocate this portfolio based on this profile

Because of amazing people and a fantastic company who invested in my succes, I learned more in 10 weeks than I have in my college career
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The access to senior leadership, approachability of employees, overall investment in your success across the board from analyst to partner

Playing the facetime/intern game was not my favorite thing in the world

When Goldman Sachs says they value and invest in their people they truly mean it, it's not just a facade. It is an incredible place to work where you truly feel valued from day 1 and know you are going to get a great education while adding value to the company.

The strongest steel is forged in the hottest fires. I wouldn't go anywhere else for the training and opportunities Goldman Sachs provides.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Loved the people by whom I was surrounded - high quality and really care about both each other and the mission.

It is nearly impossible to have a real life outside of work.

Really consider if you have what it takes to be successful in the most challenging organization on Wall Street.

Advice to Management

The Saturday Rule (9-to-9) MUST be enforced by the senior bankers! It felt disingenuous to be told I have Saturdays off and then still find that I was expected by junior bankers to be in the office.