Intern at Goldman Sachs Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Good mentoring program
Working with talented individuals
Decent compensation package

Can be long hours
Lack of transparency in hiring decisions

Comments

Be a relaxed, fun to be around individual. It's what they're looking for in candidates

Banking

New York, NY | June 2015 | CURRENT INTERN

Prestige, intelligent coworkers, smart driven team members across the spectrum

the number of hours on meaningless tasks to please the senior md

Comments

This is a good internship to get a sense of the life of a banker.

My life changing experience

Salt Lake City, UT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diverse environment

One of the systems they have. Too slow

Potential interns should be willing to learn and to be challenged throughout the entire internship.

Fulfilling. I learned a lot and felt I contributed to the team.

Salt Lake City, UT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Friendly people and very smart who are willing to help.

I don't think there was anything I didn't like about my internship.

The team is very careful at choosing a project that would be helpful for them and would be fulfilling for you.

Incredible learning experience with a lot of responsibility surrounded by a dynamic team that was always there to help

1. Deal flow

2. Opportunities

3. Team orientation

4. Wide exposure

5. New work-life initiatives

6. Great people

1. Sometimes the hours were tough and it was hard to get through

Do not focus on learning much before, you learn a lot on the spot. Focus on having a great attitude.

The strongest steel is forged in the hottest fires. I wouldn't go anywhere else for the training and opportunities Goldman Sachs provides.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Loved the people by whom I was surrounded - high quality and really care about both each other and the mission.

It is nearly impossible to have a real life outside of work.

Really consider if you have what it takes to be successful in the most challenging organization on Wall Street.

Advice to Management

The Saturday Rule (9-to-9) MUST be enforced by the senior bankers! It felt disingenuous to be told I have Saturdays off and then still find that I was expected by junior bankers to be in the office.

The Best

Investment Banking

Engaging and Challenging Internship Experience that Concludes with Presentation to Senior Mangement

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Excellent exposure to senior management and proprietary research. Top-notch organization and professionalism from human capital management.

Competitive and challenging work environment leads to long working hours.

Goldman Sachs does a very good job of rewarding their employees for their hard work. If you're willing to put in the hours and are truly interested, you'll get a lot out of the internship.

Walk over your resume. What would you do if you were suddenly given $100,000 to invest? What was one class that you got a B in, and what did you find challenging about that class?

Advice to Management

The only real issue I witnessed was a low retention of junior employees. Many junior analysts leave after 2-3 years.

Because of amazing people and a fantastic company who invested in my succes, I learned more in 10 weeks than I have in my college career

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The access to senior leadership, approachability of employees, overall investment in your success across the board from analyst to partner

Playing the facetime/intern game was not my favorite thing in the world

When Goldman Sachs says they value and invest in their people they truly mean it, it's not just a facade. It is an incredible place to work where you truly feel valued from day 1 and know you are going to get a great education while adding value to the company.

Got to work on an 8 week M&A process - more experience in two month than what most get out of 4 years.

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I worked with - all spent time teaching me something new.

At times, the hours were tough. But that's part of the job description, and that experience taught me a lot.

Join a firm that is willing to invest in you. This is one of them - if you do well you'll have the options to move around through the mobility program - something that opens up more doors than you can ever imagine.

Advice to Management

Focus more on work-related training. General finance knowledge isn't bad - but doing things we do on the job is more useful.