Goldman Sachs Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #2 Best Engineering Internships  /  #7 Best IT Internships  /  #10 Best Internships for MBA Candidates

Structured, Exciting Internship, Getting Students Excited to Finish College!
Jersey City, NJ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Very structured program, many lectures and educational opportunities. Very helpful co-workers from whom interns were able to learn a lot. Very purposeful/meaningful project.

That Technology interns did not interact with strictly finance interns as much as I had expected.

Great place for career growth, amzing culture/environment to work and develop a career in the presence of such amazing role models.

Advice to Management

Develop a more concrete policy across the board for working overtime as an intern.

The Beginning of Something Amazing!
Jersey City, NJ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to work on a real world project that will be used by the firm. Various trainings and networking events. An assigned buddy to help you get adjusted.

It was only 10 weeks long.

Goldman Sachs is highly involved in technology and innovation and stacks up really well with technology companies like Google and Microsoft. If you are interested in a career in technology Goldman Sachs is certainly an employer to consider.

Significant responsibility
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was provided with a great deal of responsibility and was able to learn quite a bit about real estate and investing.

At times, it can be difficult to prioritize the amount of work at hand; however by discussing conflicts or worries with team members, I was always able to complete my work.

This has been a once in a lifetime opportunity.

opportunity to solve real world problems in a team based environment

-teamwork

-pay

-chance to meet other interns

-networking

-got a glance of the real world

-long hours

be ready to work hard but will actually enjoy doing it

Advice to Management

have interns shadow the employees day-to-day work when in training

The DREAM internship!
Jersey City, NJ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Very supportive teammates and managers as well as very friendly colleagues.

A little too many meetings.

The customer may be king but here the intern is the crown prince. I was, to my surprise, well received and supported by everyone I worked with. From my team-mates to members of other teams, from recruiters to senior management I was given a grand welcome.

Also, I was assigned a very exciting project and was given enough resources to execute the project. I have interned in many other places and none of them ranks when compared to Goldman Sachs.

Advice to Management

It would be helpful if interns had a sense of what projects they will work on during the summer long before the internship starts or some information on the technologies and areas to focus on before the start of the internship. Also, there needs to be better branding of the organization as a place to be for students looking for jobs/internships. Increase in compensation will also aid in this regard.

A must do even though you've decided to go to the buy side.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

They gave me real projects that the results are being used right now!

The community team work was mandatory for the interns. I don't like that because some of the interns were reluctant to help.

Be proactive and make good relationship with junior guys. They are extremely helpful like all the others, and also, they have more time for you. In addition, get things done!

A summer like no other
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great networking opportunities, learning opportunities from the best in the industry, rotational program gives more optionality.

A lot of emphasis is placed on how outgoing the intern is- candidates cannot be shy.

Goldman is a great place to work for sales and trading, but you must be willing to put in a minimum of 12 hours a day, and must be willing to spend time networking as well as just doing work. Good time management and project management are key skills for success.

More than I expected
Jersey City, NJ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really like the speakers that talked about the company technology and research.

It would be nice to have some more benefits included like lunch and gym instead of needing to pay extra.

Network, network, network. Get to know as many people as possible.

Goldman Sachs Real Estate Financing
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people i worked with

The unpredictability of hours

Understand the commitment and be ready to put in the effort

It was a wonderful opportunity and I got to work on multiple projects which tested my multi-tasking abilities.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real world projects, diverse teams, awesome work culture, networking with learned professionals, social awareness programs.

None. Enjoyed every part of it.

Be open to learning and enjoy the cross cultural work environment

Advice to Management

More trainings