Intern at Goldman Sachs Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Banking

New York, NY | June 2015 | CURRENT INTERN

Prestige, intelligent coworkers, smart driven team members across the spectrum

the number of hours on meaningless tasks to please the senior md

Comments

This is a good internship to get a sense of the life of a banker.

Goldman Sachs: The Cream of the Crop

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The learning experience was incredible as well as the people, both full-time employees and interns, I met were amazing and very helpful.

The hours are grueling at Goldman and one must really endure throughout the summer. The environment was pretty stressful, but mainly that is due to the uncertainty of landing a job.

Goldman Sachs is the premiere investment bank to begin one's career. If you want to be challenged and make an impact in the world and global markets, Goldman Sachs is the place for you.

Fantastic growth experience - challenges you like no other company to think critically, improve work ethic, and add value.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of experience and responsibility you get - I was directly helping my Senior Analyst prepare client presentations and produce research on recent company events.

The work, by nature, can be stressful and long hours.

If you are very motivated and want to learn--regardless of the time commitment and stress--there is simply no better company to start your career.

Advice to Management

Ensure the managers are consistent, respectful, and have the time to help the intern.

Intense but intensely rewarding

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture of the firm and the network I was able to create both at the peer and professional level.

Negotiating the process of finding a particular desk.

I actually believe that the program as-run is the best method possible. The downside of anxiety over the navigation of finding a home is crucial- an intern should be able to make it through that process to indicate they are capable of handling the career.

Excellent

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People there are really friendly and helpful. I have learned so much from my colleagues.

Nothing. I have to say the internship is perfect and I need to type in 10 characters.

You will never be wrong to choose the No.1 company in the industry

A challenging internship that taught me social, professional, and intellectual skills

Training Program and Mentorship

Working Hours and Unpredictability of the Work

Goldman is a great firm to work at (great facilities, people, and reach)

great experience

Jersey City, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

improve technology skill

training was short

excellent opportunity

Amazing experience to do meaningful work for the firm and learn about the firm's culture.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was doing real meaningful work and interacting with intelligent people.

The thing I liked least about the internship was that we did not learn much about the other groups that we were not working for during training.

Knowledge of the markets and current events is essential.

I Invested my summer in Goldman Sachs summer analyst program because they were invested in me.

Salt Lake City, UT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the responsibility and hands on learning experience. Many internships are more of an observation, where as this was a ten week interview to see if you are a fit for a full-time role.

At the beginning of the summer, learning the systems and gaining access is tough because I came in with so much energy, I just wanted to hit the desk and begin work.

I have never been surrounded by more intelligent dedicated people for that many hours in a week. The experience has spilled over in every aspect of my life and I went from thinking 100% was satisfactory to discovering that 110% does indeed exist.

Successful summer in Salt Lake City learning from the best and the brightest in the business.

Salt Lake City, UT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were being able to work closely with such smart senior management, meeting and working with bright interns from across the country, and working on projects that have a real impact on the firm were my major highlights.

The only con I can think of, which has less to do with the internship itself, was living in Salt Lake City. Other than that, no complaints.

Work harder than the person next to you. Like it or not, you are being compared to the other interns. Don't give anyone the opportunity to question your work ethic. Don't just ask questions, ask smart questions. Be thorough. Think before you speak.

Describe yourself.

Describe a leadership position you have held.

Describe a scenario when a problem arose in your time as a leader. How did you handle/resolve the situation?

Do you invest/where do you invest?

Why do you want to work for Goldman Sachs?

What is it that you think the Operations division does?

Advice to Management

No recommendations. Goldman Sachs does an excellent job of making GS a desirable place to work.