Goldman Sachs Summer Internship Program

The Best

Investment Banking

Because of amazing people and a fantastic company who invested in my succes, I learned more in 10 weeks than I have in my college career
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The access to senior leadership, approachability of employees, overall investment in your success across the board from analyst to partner

Playing the facetime/intern game was not my favorite thing in the world

When Goldman Sachs says they value and invest in their people they truly mean it, it's not just a facade. It is an incredible place to work where you truly feel valued from day 1 and know you are going to get a great education while adding value to the company.

Got to work on an 8 week M&A process - more experience in two month than what most get out of 4 years.
San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I worked with - all spent time teaching me something new.

At times, the hours were tough. But that's part of the job description, and that experience taught me a lot.

Join a firm that is willing to invest in you. This is one of them - if you do well you'll have the options to move around through the mobility program - something that opens up more doors than you can ever imagine.

Advice to Management

Focus more on work-related training. General finance knowledge isn't bad - but doing things we do on the job is more useful.

My life changing experience
Salt Lake City, UT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diverse environment

One of the systems they have. Too slow

Potential interns should be willing to learn and to be challenged throughout the entire internship.

Amazing learning and productive experience.
Jersey City, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact that everyone at the firm was so open to talk to and everyone was more than willing to help me learn and grow. They really invest in helping you shape your career and become better overall. Great feedback sessions. Great team and culture.

It could have been longer.

Great culture. Very invested in helping you grow.

Coding thought process questions. Behavioral questions.

Advice to Management

Promotion policies could be improved. Also, they could work on improving compensations to match tech companies.

...
San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People who are very fun to work with and who care about your personal development - gives you as much responsibility as you can handle

Staffer who cares about your experience and what you want to try

Fun deals spanning across various sectors

Going to meetings (client and drafting sessions), listening on calls

Wished I was able to get more exposure to modeling, but I think that could have changed if I stated my interest in doing so in the beginning of my internship

Think about what you really want from your experience, if you are interested in banking, technology, and a great culture, I truly think Goldman SF is the best place to pursue them

Engaging
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to learn more about technology and finance

I wish there was more time to ramp up on the new technologies I was working with

Future interns should consider whether they have an interest in finance because the financial components are very critical to making a useful product

Opportunity of a Lifetime
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People; Goldman is justified in emphasizing and taking pride in their people. I met some of the most talented and nicest people in my group!

Nothing in particular; management did an amazing job of making sure that every interns experience is memorable.

Its not just any other bulge bracket investment bank; people at Goldman really make it a unique experience.

Advice to Management

Its an amazing place to work at; keep up with the push on diversity and work-life balance!

Valuable insight into the finance industry and the firm
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

It offers real responsibilities as well as a comprehensive program of training, seminars, group projects and a range of networking events.

The internship program could be a little bit longer.

Shown your commitment and ability to learn.

Best possible experience through exposure to multiple facets of the Securities division at a large bank
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to different roles within the division, culture of the workplace, access to senior level people, enjoyed getting to meet/spending time with everyone, very determined to find you a role within the firm. It was incredible that every intern was hired at the end of the summer, two of which in roles that they did not anticipate hiring for.

very little...only problem was that as an intern, you can do limited "real analyst work" in Sales & Trading since it requires certain licenses. this was not a surprise though.

Get to know everyone you can in the office, and attempt to create strong relationships with a few people. Once you do this, people will be willing to go out of their way to help create a position.

Tell me about what is going on in the markets right now? What happens if the Fed suddenly raises interest rates? What do you like to do for fun that is not sports/school/work related? Why are you prepared for this role as an intern here? Tell me about your interest in this firm/division.

Advice to Management

More training specific to Sales & Trading would have been beneficial for us during the first week in NY.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)