Intern at Goldman Sachs Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

The Best

Investment Banking

Rewarding and enjoyable summer at Goldman

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I worked on impactful projects as an intern, and had collaboration with full time employees.

The company culture is more to the serious side overall.

* Company culture;

* Job role;

* Mentorship & access to senior people.

Work hard, learn a lot, and have a great time.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at Goldman is great. I learned so much and everyone was very helpful in getting me up to speed on finance concepts.

The hours were long, but it wasn't more than I expected.

It is a lot of work, but rewarding if you put in the time and effort. You don't need to know much about finance coming into the internship, but it is expected that you will do additional work to get up to speed.

Because of amazing people and a fantastic company who invested in my succes, I learned more in 10 weeks than I have in my college career

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The access to senior leadership, approachability of employees, overall investment in your success across the board from analyst to partner

Playing the facetime/intern game was not my favorite thing in the world

When Goldman Sachs says they value and invest in their people they truly mean it, it's not just a facade. It is an incredible place to work where you truly feel valued from day 1 and know you are going to get a great education while adding value to the company.

Engaging

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to learn more about technology and finance

I wish there was more time to ramp up on the new technologies I was working with

Future interns should consider whether they have an interest in finance because the financial components are very critical to making a useful product

The strongest steel is forged in the hottest fires. I wouldn't go anywhere else for the training and opportunities Goldman Sachs provides.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Loved the people by whom I was surrounded - high quality and really care about both each other and the mission.

It is nearly impossible to have a real life outside of work.

Really consider if you have what it takes to be successful in the most challenging organization on Wall Street.

Advice to Management

The Saturday Rule (9-to-9) MUST be enforced by the senior bankers! It felt disingenuous to be told I have Saturdays off and then still find that I was expected by junior bankers to be in the office.

This was an extraordinary experience, where I learned a lot about the industry and the firm.

Jersey City, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount that the firm invests in the interns. They truly care about us learning about the industry and the firm.

Everything was great.

Be open-minded and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Incredible learning experience with a lot of responsibility surrounded by a dynamic team that was always there to help

1. Deal flow

2. Opportunities

3. Team orientation

4. Wide exposure

5. New work-life initiatives

6. Great people

1. Sometimes the hours were tough and it was hard to get through

Do not focus on learning much before, you learn a lot on the spot. Focus on having a great attitude.

Got to work on an 8 week M&A process - more experience in two month than what most get out of 4 years.

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I worked with - all spent time teaching me something new.

At times, the hours were tough. But that's part of the job description, and that experience taught me a lot.

Join a firm that is willing to invest in you. This is one of them - if you do well you'll have the options to move around through the mobility program - something that opens up more doors than you can ever imagine.

Advice to Management

Focus more on work-related training. General finance knowledge isn't bad - but doing things we do on the job is more useful.

Most Fulfilling Summer

Real work and application

Hours and balance

Fit is the biggest component