4.3 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 918 Intern Reviews)

The Best

Investment Banking

Best possible experience through exposure to multiple facets of the Securities division at a large bank
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to different roles within the division, culture of the workplace, access to senior level people, enjoyed getting to meet/spending time with everyone, very determined to find you a role within the firm. It was incredible that every intern was hired at the end of the summer, two of which in roles that they did not anticipate hiring for.

very little...only problem was that as an intern, you can do limited "real analyst work" in Sales & Trading since it requires certain licenses. this was not a surprise though.

Get to know everyone you can in the office, and attempt to create strong relationships with a few people. Once you do this, people will be willing to go out of their way to help create a position.

Tell me about what is going on in the markets right now? What happens if the Fed suddenly raises interest rates? What do you like to do for fun that is not sports/school/work related? Why are you prepared for this role as an intern here? Tell me about your interest in this firm/division.

Advice to Management

More training specific to Sales & Trading would have been beneficial for us during the first week in NY.

I found this review helpful (2 others have found this review helpful)

The strongest steel is forged in the hottest fires. I wouldn't go anywhere else for the training and opportunities Goldman Sachs provides.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Loved the people by whom I was surrounded - high quality and really care about both each other and the mission.

It is nearly impossible to have a real life outside of work.

Really consider if you have what it takes to be successful in the most challenging organization on Wall Street.

Advice to Management

The Saturday Rule (9-to-9) MUST be enforced by the senior bankers! It felt disingenuous to be told I have Saturdays off and then still find that I was expected by junior bankers to be in the office.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Incredible learning experience with a lot of responsibility surrounded by a dynamic team that was always there to help

1. Deal flow

2. Opportunities

3. Team orientation

4. Wide exposure

5. New work-life initiatives

6. Great people

1. Sometimes the hours were tough and it was hard to get through

Do not focus on learning much before, you learn a lot on the spot. Focus on having a great attitude.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Because of amazing people and a fantastic company who invested in my succes, I learned more in 10 weeks than I have in my college career
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The access to senior leadership, approachability of employees, overall investment in your success across the board from analyst to partner

Playing the facetime/intern game was not my favorite thing in the world

When Goldman Sachs says they value and invest in their people they truly mean it, it's not just a facade. It is an incredible place to work where you truly feel valued from day 1 and know you are going to get a great education while adding value to the company.

Technology, Finance and Leadership come togeather to boost your professional development
Jersey City, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Lot of networking, very technical projects and very impactfull

Don't provide enough budget for housing nor provide housing.

At Goldman you will be challenged with problems that defie your leadership and technical abilities as well as your ability to learn and adapt to change.

What is the difference between a hash map and a linked list?

Advice to Management

Compensation. Employee retention.

Engaging
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to learn more about technology and finance

I wish there was more time to ramp up on the new technologies I was working with

Future interns should consider whether they have an interest in finance because the financial components are very critical to making a useful product

The most amazing experience.
Jersey City, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The training and the real world experience.

There was nothing about the internship that I did not enjoy.

Try try try. Best organization to work for. They care about your progress!!

Basic behavioral interview questions. I had like two business related questions.

Advice to Management

Some interns work too many hours.

I learned more here in 10 weeks than in most classes!
Jersey City, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people!! the structure of the program and all of the opportunities that it offered.

Personally, I could have taken on a lot more work (though I know that was not the case for most other interns).

There tends to be a lot of negative ideas about Goldman Sachs out there, but I was SOOOO pleasantly surprised by my experience. So, don't judge them or the people who work there by things you may hear.

Tell me about a time you failed. Who is the CEO?

Advice to Management

Make sure to assign enough work to interns to keep them busy for the long hours they work!

Goldman Sachs gave me the opportunity to apply my skills and knowledge in a creative and interactive environment.
Salt Lake City, UT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was surprised by the amount of responsibility I was given immediately upon starting my internship. The environment was very proactive and fast paced, it was a great experience to be a part of this.

I wish I would've had more time to meet with others about what their teams functions were.

Simply put, make sure you are excited to go into work each day.