Goldman Sachs Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #2 Best Engineering Internships  /  #7 Best IT Internships  /  #10 Best Internships for MBA Candidates

Intern at Goldman Sachs Summer Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

An fantastic opportunity to learn a lot about the business and to network with interesting people invested in developing your career.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learnt a lot about risk management in finance institutions, but the best part of the experience was networking and the mentoring I received from a couple of people. I developed as a person and as a worker.

There were not many organized opportunities to interact with other interns from other departments.

The culture of the firm nurtured a sense of having real responsibility in contributing to the success of the firm. The mentoring I also received was invaluable. I really felt that everyone I met who worked there was eager to help me realize my full potential and to help me make good decisions about my future career even if it meant that I discovered that Finance was not for me.

I had an excellent time interning at GS over the last two summers - looking forward to returning full-time.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Had actual responsibility and was able to fully participate like a full-time hire.
Very intellectually stimulating.
Worked with bright and motivated colleagues.

Long hours.

Goldman Sachs is an excellent place to work. The people who work there are smart, motivated, and eager to help others.

Advice to Management

The work-life balance can get a little skewed, especially for interns and analysts.

The best experience I have had thus far.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was genuinely willing and excited to take time out of their days to help show me things and teach me new concepts. Everyone I interacted with was so smart and had a work ethic similar to my own. I loved being around a group of people so smart, motivated, and enthusiastic.

I really loved the entire experience, so I can't say there was anything I didn't like. Some of the group meetings for all of the interns coincided with when I needed to help my team with uploads or other tasks that had specific times they needed to be finished. Each group has different times they need to be at their desks however, so this really would happen regardless of the time the group meetings were set for, but having a bigger variety of times the meetings take place instead of holding most at the same time would help make the meetings fit interns' schedules better as a group, rather than completely accommodating some and others not at all.

I felt so welcomed and wanted during my time there. None of the stereotypes of Wall Street ended up manifesting themselves at all - on the contrary, people wanted to help and were enthusiastic. The amount of time I spent at work flew by, and I was never asked to do typical intern tasks, like get coffee for my bosses.

Advice to Management

They are already amazing and offer so many great opportunities!

Great people, Great place
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning from the best in the business.
Hands-on, real world experience.
A lot of responsibility

There was nothing I can think of that I didn't really like.

Work hard everyday. You are going to be given a lot of responsibility so make it count.

Advice to Management

No advice, they're doing a good job.

Most Productive Summer
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting new people and creating a good network. I got a full-time offer. Got a great experience of the corporate culture and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Did work with real-world impact.

The fact that it's only ten weeks.

Work hard, and show progress. Showing progress from start to finish is more important than finishing a project.

The Most You Could Possibly Learn in 10 Weeks
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of the program was being given legitimate responsibilities

There were difficulties in communicating with other interns in different parts of the country.

The company culture is fantastic and there are constantly learning opportunities.

Incredible experience that challenged me and allowed me to develop skills in a great working environment.

People, challenge, professional development

The hours were the only thing that I saw as negative

You will work very hard, but it is an incredibly rewarding internship where you will learn more than just about anywhere else

Advice to Management

I think the hours in investment banking are just the nature of the industry, and Goldman has already done a great job in improving junior banker lifestyle

Learn More By Being Yourself
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with my team and always meeting new people. I also learned more than I expected this summer, mostly things that will apply to me for the rest of my life.

Long hours

Do not listen to what the press says, the culture is the complete opposite. Employees are more than willing to help you with anything.

The Experience of a Life Time!!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people - both the interns and employees. Everyone was willing to help and play a mentor role. The people at Goldman Sachs are great! It was an incredible experience.

less speakers towards the end of the internship because interns are under a lot of pressure to complete their projects.

Be eager to learn, be teachable, network, and give your very best at all times

Advice to Management

clarity about what the role entails at the beginning of the internship would be helpful.

Satisfied and exceeded my expectations
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

It's demanding and challenging, it provides a very accurate reflection of a day for a full-time employee, It gives you the opportunity to learn and owe your work

The length in time that it takes to communicate your position, schedule and expectations at the beginning

Be proactive, know how to work in teams, be responsible and owe your work, don't be afraid to speak and learn,

Advice to Management

Feedback, more proactive approach from the managers, its good to hear more often since the program is short to make the best impression