Goldman Sachs Summer Internship Program

Opportunity

great people

there were no major cons

meet as many people as possible and find out a team you can see your self working on

how would you allocate this portfolio based on this profile

My life changing experience
Salt Lake City, UT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diverse environment

One of the systems they have. Too slow

Potential interns should be willing to learn and to be challenged throughout the entire internship.

Amazing
Salt Lake City, UT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Worked on teams, challenging, communicated needs accurately

long hours

be a team player

list in order of importance risk, efficiency and the client

I learned more here in 10 weeks than in most classes!
Jersey City, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people!! the structure of the program and all of the opportunities that it offered.

Personally, I could have taken on a lot more work (though I know that was not the case for most other interns).

There tends to be a lot of negative ideas about Goldman Sachs out there, but I was SOOOO pleasantly surprised by my experience. So, don't judge them or the people who work there by things you may hear.

Tell me about a time you failed. Who is the CEO?

Advice to Management

Make sure to assign enough work to interns to keep them busy for the long hours they work!

Got to work on an 8 week M&A process - more experience in two month than what most get out of 4 years.
San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I worked with - all spent time teaching me something new.

At times, the hours were tough. But that's part of the job description, and that experience taught me a lot.

Join a firm that is willing to invest in you. This is one of them - if you do well you'll have the options to move around through the mobility program - something that opens up more doors than you can ever imagine.

Advice to Management

Focus more on work-related training. General finance knowledge isn't bad - but doing things we do on the job is more useful.

Amazing learning and productive experience.
Jersey City, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact that everyone at the firm was so open to talk to and everyone was more than willing to help me learn and grow. They really invest in helping you shape your career and become better overall. Great feedback sessions. Great team and culture.

It could have been longer.

Great culture. Very invested in helping you grow.

Coding thought process questions. Behavioral questions.

Advice to Management

Promotion policies could be improved. Also, they could work on improving compensations to match tech companies.

...
San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People who are very fun to work with and who care about your personal development - gives you as much responsibility as you can handle

Staffer who cares about your experience and what you want to try

Fun deals spanning across various sectors

Going to meetings (client and drafting sessions), listening on calls

Wished I was able to get more exposure to modeling, but I think that could have changed if I stated my interest in doing so in the beginning of my internship

Think about what you really want from your experience, if you are interested in banking, technology, and a great culture, I truly think Goldman SF is the best place to pursue them

Engaging
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to learn more about technology and finance

I wish there was more time to ramp up on the new technologies I was working with

Future interns should consider whether they have an interest in finance because the financial components are very critical to making a useful product

The strongest steel is forged in the hottest fires. I wouldn't go anywhere else for the training and opportunities Goldman Sachs provides.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Loved the people by whom I was surrounded - high quality and really care about both each other and the mission.

It is nearly impossible to have a real life outside of work.

Really consider if you have what it takes to be successful in the most challenging organization on Wall Street.

Advice to Management

The Saturday Rule (9-to-9) MUST be enforced by the senior bankers! It felt disingenuous to be told I have Saturdays off and then still find that I was expected by junior bankers to be in the office.

Because of amazing people and a fantastic company who invested in my succes, I learned more in 10 weeks than I have in my college career
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The access to senior leadership, approachability of employees, overall investment in your success across the board from analyst to partner

Playing the facetime/intern game was not my favorite thing in the world

When Goldman Sachs says they value and invest in their people they truly mean it, it's not just a facade. It is an incredible place to work where you truly feel valued from day 1 and know you are going to get a great education while adding value to the company.