Intern at Goldman Sachs Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Banking

New York, NY | June 2015 | CURRENT INTERN

Prestige, intelligent coworkers, smart driven team members across the spectrum

the number of hours on meaningless tasks to please the senior md

Comments

This is a good internship to get a sense of the life of a banker.

Work hard, learn a lot, and have a great time.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at Goldman is great. I learned so much and everyone was very helpful in getting me up to speed on finance concepts.

The hours were long, but it wasn't more than I expected.

It is a lot of work, but rewarding if you put in the time and effort. You don't need to know much about finance coming into the internship, but it is expected that you will do additional work to get up to speed.

The strongest steel is forged in the hottest fires. I wouldn't go anywhere else for the training and opportunities Goldman Sachs provides.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Loved the people by whom I was surrounded - high quality and really care about both each other and the mission.

It is nearly impossible to have a real life outside of work.

Really consider if you have what it takes to be successful in the most challenging organization on Wall Street.

Advice to Management

The Saturday Rule (9-to-9) MUST be enforced by the senior bankers! It felt disingenuous to be told I have Saturdays off and then still find that I was expected by junior bankers to be in the office.

Engaging

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to learn more about technology and finance

I wish there was more time to ramp up on the new technologies I was working with

Future interns should consider whether they have an interest in finance because the financial components are very critical to making a useful product

My life changing experience

Salt Lake City, UT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diverse environment

One of the systems they have. Too slow

Potential interns should be willing to learn and to be challenged throughout the entire internship.

Incredible learning experience with a lot of responsibility surrounded by a dynamic team that was always there to help

1. Deal flow

2. Opportunities

3. Team orientation

4. Wide exposure

5. New work-life initiatives

6. Great people

1. Sometimes the hours were tough and it was hard to get through

Do not focus on learning much before, you learn a lot on the spot. Focus on having a great attitude.

Got to work on an 8 week M&A process - more experience in two month than what most get out of 4 years.

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I worked with - all spent time teaching me something new.

At times, the hours were tough. But that's part of the job description, and that experience taught me a lot.

Join a firm that is willing to invest in you. This is one of them - if you do well you'll have the options to move around through the mobility program - something that opens up more doors than you can ever imagine.

Advice to Management

Focus more on work-related training. General finance knowledge isn't bad - but doing things we do on the job is more useful.

I learned more here in 10 weeks than in most classes!

Jersey City, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people!! the structure of the program and all of the opportunities that it offered.

Personally, I could have taken on a lot more work (though I know that was not the case for most other interns).

There tends to be a lot of negative ideas about Goldman Sachs out there, but I was SOOOO pleasantly surprised by my experience. So, don't judge them or the people who work there by things you may hear.

Tell me about a time you failed. Who is the CEO?

Advice to Management

Make sure to assign enough work to interns to keep them busy for the long hours they work!

The Best

Investment Banking

Amazing learning and productive experience.

Jersey City, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact that everyone at the firm was so open to talk to and everyone was more than willing to help me learn and grow. They really invest in helping you shape your career and become better overall. Great feedback sessions. Great team and culture.

It could have been longer.

Great culture. Very invested in helping you grow.

Coding thought process questions. Behavioral questions.

Advice to Management

Promotion policies could be improved. Also, they could work on improving compensations to match tech companies.