Goldman Sachs Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #2 Best Engineering Internships  /  #7 Best IT Internships  /  #10 Best Internships for MBA Candidates

Intern at Goldman Sachs Summer Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Stimulating, intense learning experience that was unparalleled vs. other banks on Wall Street.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to ideas, people, and markets; quality training; exceptional peers.

It was shorter than I would have liked.

Despite the news, GS is a fantastic place to work. They invest in their talent, treat you well, and provide you a wealth of learning opportunities.

Advice to Management

None as of now.

Great people, Great place
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning from the best in the business.
Hands-on, real world experience.
A lot of responsibility

There was nothing I can think of that I didn't really like.

Work hard everyday. You are going to be given a lot of responsibility so make it count.

Advice to Management

No advice, they're doing a good job.

An incredible educational experience with a lot of hands on work and networking opportunities.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Having real work, opportunity to meet with upper-level management, networking opportunities, flexibility

Sometimes long hours.

Make sure you connect with the people in your division.

Advice to Management

Continue to give us real responsibilities.

The Most You Could Possibly Learn in 10 Weeks
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of the program was being given legitimate responsibilities

There were difficulties in communicating with other interns in different parts of the country.

The company culture is fantastic and there are constantly learning opportunities.

a summer of hard and rewardable work
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people, the attention paid to interns, the amount I learned

the intensity

An amazing experience. The amount of time and guidance you are given as an intern from employees of different levels is unimaginable.

Advice to Management

Less havoc at the end of the program.

Rewarding and challenging, was a great learning experience.

Extremely professional work environment
Emphasis placed on developing interns professionally

Overall this was a great experience, no cons in particular.

Entrusted with a lot of responsibility. Given the chance to make meaningful impact from the start.

The best experience I have had thus far.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was genuinely willing and excited to take time out of their days to help show me things and teach me new concepts. Everyone I interacted with was so smart and had a work ethic similar to my own. I loved being around a group of people so smart, motivated, and enthusiastic.

I really loved the entire experience, so I can't say there was anything I didn't like. Some of the group meetings for all of the interns coincided with when I needed to help my team with uploads or other tasks that had specific times they needed to be finished. Each group has different times they need to be at their desks however, so this really would happen regardless of the time the group meetings were set for, but having a bigger variety of times the meetings take place instead of holding most at the same time would help make the meetings fit interns' schedules better as a group, rather than completely accommodating some and others not at all.

I felt so welcomed and wanted during my time there. None of the stereotypes of Wall Street ended up manifesting themselves at all - on the contrary, people wanted to help and were enthusiastic. The amount of time I spent at work flew by, and I was never asked to do typical intern tasks, like get coffee for my bosses.

Advice to Management

They are already amazing and offer so many great opportunities!

Incredible experience that challenged me and allowed me to develop skills in a great working environment.

People, challenge, professional development

The hours were the only thing that I saw as negative

You will work very hard, but it is an incredibly rewarding internship where you will learn more than just about anywhere else

Advice to Management

I think the hours in investment banking are just the nature of the industry, and Goldman has already done a great job in improving junior banker lifestyle

An fantastic opportunity to learn a lot about the business and to network with interesting people invested in developing your career.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learnt a lot about risk management in finance institutions, but the best part of the experience was networking and the mentoring I received from a couple of people. I developed as a person and as a worker.

There were not many organized opportunities to interact with other interns from other departments.

The culture of the firm nurtured a sense of having real responsibility in contributing to the success of the firm. The mentoring I also received was invaluable. I really felt that everyone I met who worked there was eager to help me realize my full potential and to help me make good decisions about my future career even if it meant that I discovered that Finance was not for me.

It's not what you know, but who you know and how you fill your opportunity gap. Social capital is everything!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting the different people!

Daily tasks could become mundane.

The people make the experience. I was choosing between staying a teacher or joining the firm, and had I not had the opportunity to meet with all the great people I came across this summer, I would not have accepted my offer.

Advice to Management

Love working at my place of work! No complaints!