Goldman Sachs Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #2 Best Engineering Internships  /  #7 Best IT Internships  /  #10 Best Internships for MBA Candidates

Significant responsibility

I was provided with a great deal of responsibility and was able to learn quite a bit about real estate and investing.

At times, it can be difficult to prioritize the amount of work at hand; however by discussing conflicts or worries with team members, I was always able to complete my work.

This has been a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Date: 2013

Structured, Exciting Internship, Getting Students Excited to Finish College!

Very structured program, many lectures and educational opportunities. Very helpful co-workers from whom interns were able to learn a lot. Very purposeful/meaningful project.

That Technology interns did not interact with strictly finance interns as much as I had expected.

Great place for career growth, amzing culture/environment to work and develop a career in the presence of such amazing role models.

Advice to Management

Develop a more concrete policy across the board for working overtime as an intern.

Date: 2013

You learn more in 10 weeks with the firm, than during an entire semester at school.

Lots of new concepts to learn, involvement with all aspects of software development lifecycle.

Amount of hours worked.

Be prepared to work hard and be mindful of that fact that technical skills are not the only skills that matter.

Best Dream Internship

The culture, firm, people, projects, work events, opportunities, and ability to move up the corporate ladder.

Nothing, the internship was a great experience.

Do the best that you can at the interview and in the internship. Do more than what you are asked to do.

Advice to Management

Be paid more in terms of the housing stipend for people that resided outside of the NY/NJ area prior to starting the internship.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Goldman Sachs Real Estate Financing

The people i worked with

The unpredictability of hours

Understand the commitment and be ready to put in the effort

Date: 2013

They give you the tools but what you put in is what you get out.

The people and atmosphere at Goldman Sachs was incredible. As an intern, I was treated very well.

What I did on a daily basis was very dull some days.

Be prepared to sit for 10+ hours a day at a desk and work in Excel continually.

Advice to Management

You are doing an excellent job. Some of the learning series could have been shorter though, so much of what top officials have to say are far over the summer analyst head and therefore a waste of time when the speaker goes for a full hour.

Date: 2013

A must do even though you've decided to go to the buy side.

They gave me real projects that the results are being used right now!

The community team work was mandatory for the interns. I don't like that because some of the interns were reluctant to help.

Be proactive and make good relationship with junior guys. They are extremely helpful like all the others, and also, they have more time for you. In addition, get things done!

The DREAM internship!

Very supportive teammates and managers as well as very friendly colleagues.

A little too many meetings.

The customer may be king but here the intern is the crown prince. I was, to my surprise, well received and supported by everyone I worked with. From my team-mates to members of other teams, from recruiters to senior management I was given a grand welcome. Also, I was assigned a very exciting project and was given enough resources to execute the project. I have interned in many other places and none of them ranks when compared to Goldman Sachs.

Advice to Management

It would be helpful if interns had a sense of what projects they will work on during the summer long before the internship starts or some information on the technologies and areas to focus on before the start of the internship. Also, there needs to be better branding of the organization as a place to be for students looking for jobs/internships. Increase in compensation will also aid in this regard.

Date: 2013

If you want to learn about the industry and be given real projects to work on Choose Goldman

I got to work on real projects and always felt like a member of the team.

I felt it was too short , there was still so much to learn

Date: 2013

Imagine learning at very fast pace with all the help in the world...Imagine interning at Goldman Sachs

- the people - the real work

- it only being 10 weeks

If you're prepared to WANT to learn, and from great, brilliant minds at that, Goldman might be a perfect fit.