Goldman Sachs Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #2 Best Engineering Internships  /  #7 Best IT Internships  /  #10 Best Internships for MBA Candidates

Fabulous learning experience

the people, the work, the culture of the firm and the exposure to extra events HCM provides you with

the hours of work

very consistent culture across the firm and fabulous people to work with; incredibly talented and intelligent individuals firmwide

Advice to Management

i wouldn't change anything

Awesome - that's it.

People and reputation.

None - none - none

Be a nice, humble, and nice person.

Advice to Management

Already perfect.

The Best Preparation for College Students to Become a Financial Analyst

Loved dailywork Loved my project

lots of similar team lectures series in operation

better structure of evaluating summer interns projects

Date: 2013

Team-oriented, fast paced internship.

An interns ability to have an actual impact on the firms business.

The hours were long but thats expected.

find out what motivates you before the internship starts and refer back to it during the internship.

The best 10 weeks!

Everyone in the firm was very warm, supportive, and helpful which made it easier for us interns. Also, the various networking events helped us getting more in touch with senior management. The regular speakers series also helped us get an inside perspective of each department making our decisions for various departments easier.

The really early morning series were a little inconvenient as there was no form of public transport running that early.

The internship experience is very worth while as you work with highly motivated individuals, have complete access to senior management, and work around very friendly and caring environment of people. This internship will be provided you with a clear picture of what the company does and what your role in the company would be. Therefore, it makes it easier for you to decide whether this is the right fit or not.

Advice to Management

I would recommend holding more info sessions in universities and making sure that people from other than business majors understand that they can also work at Goldman Sachs. A lot of students from other major do not know how diverse Goldman is and therefore do not even try to learn more or apply as they feel it is only for business majors.

Great People, Steep Learning Curve, Bright Future in Store

- Phenomenal culture; humble and hardworking people who want to see you succeed and proactively help you learn - Steep learning curve: exponential growth in knowledge of accounting, financial modeling, excel, powerpoint - Understanding of work/life balance: no "face time," encouraged to go to the gym, many networking opportunities

- Difficult to make plans with friends outside the office

- Throw out any assumptions you have about the typical Goldman Sachs employee; there are no intimidating "superstars" at GS; everyone is humble, hardworking, and approachable. From Partner to Analyst, everyone wants to see you succeed and will act as a resource to help you along the way.

Advice to Management

- Figure out what the two-year program will be replaced by; is the "typical track" now three years until associate? Four? Two? Even if it depends on the individual, employees should at least have some sense of what percentage of each class will be promoted in two/three/four years.

Intern Exposed to Billions of Dollars Worth of Transactions

The ability to travel across the U.S.

Working weekends

Goldman Sachs give its interns an extreme amount of responsibility and the amount I learned during the summer exceeds a year of school work.

Date: 2013

Always learning, challenging, yet fun and outstanding employee

The opportunities to network with other interns and senior people. Also, being able to learn so much in such a little time was awesome.

The networking events should be varied. Most of them were just standing and talking.

This is the best place to work if you like to learn and grow fast. It is also good for those who like to take full control of their career.

The Best

GS has an unparalleled brand name and reputation.

You are immediately surrounded by the smartest and most motivated people on earth.

Do your best, don't slack off just because you've got your internship.

Date: 2013

Unbelievable learning experience at a remarkable institution

Responsibility

Everything about my experience was positive

The best bank on the street.