Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Banking & Finance Internships  /  #2 Best Internships for MBA Candidates  /  #5 Best Overall Internships

Intern at Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

Gem of investment banking. Great experience and excellent working culture.

Learning financial modeling

Unpredictable hours

If you're going to go into the industry, know what you're getting yourself into. Within the industry, I would highly recommend Evercore because you get a real experience as you're given serious responsibilities and will learn from the best.

Best IBD internship, hands down!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The firm's culture, the incredibly supportive colleagues, the hands-on approach to learning, a lot of responsibility, access and frequent communication with some of the best bankers in the world, and opportunities to do a variety of exciting and interesting work

Didn't really dislike anything - it was a great summer!

An internship at Evercore is a phenomenal experience - you'd be hard-pressed to match any individual aspect of it let alone the whole experience. You get unparalleled access to the best bankers in the world, learn all the basics of being an investment banking analyst, and are given a lot of responsibility. All this with incredibly intelligent, fun people and a very welcoming, collegial work environment.

Realistic view of what investment banking is really like, great opportunities to contribute to the team, great culture
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

thoughtfulness of folks running the program in making it a rewarding/interesting/challenging experience (e.g., intentionally small summer class, dedicated summer staffer, assigned senior mentors (MDs) and associate "buddy")

Unpredictability of the hours, although I think this is general to the industry, not specific to the firm

Talk to as many people in the firm as you can to understand the culture, why they chose the firm, what's keeping them there, what they like best/least, how they value people

Incredible Internship Experience: Lot of exposure to senior management, increased responsibility, outstanding corporate culture
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working at a smaller investment bank definitely had its advantages. I was able to work on a live, multibillion dollar deal during the summer. I was given essentially given the responsibilities of a full-time analyst. I was the one working in the financial model and I was the one who created presentations that were eventually placed in front of clients. The senior personnel at Evercore were also outstanding. Everyone was very eager to provide help and guidance throughout the summer. The culture of the firm is also incredible. Evercore really prides itself on culture, and that became very evident after spending a summer there. My social life during the summer revolved around people I was working with and really added to the overall experience.

I really don't have anything negative to say about the experience. Yes, the hours were long, but that is expected when working in investment banking. However, when you are surrounded with such fantastic people, the hours become much more enjoyable.

Candidates should have an extremely sound technical background, yet also need to fit within the culture of the firm. Evercore likes to hire people who are incredibly smart, yet down to earth.

Advice to Management

After several internship experiences, Evercore was by far my favorite place to work. The compensation is above the Street and there are additional benefits of working at a smaller investment bank.

Awesome experience, couldn't have asked for more
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

People I worked with, exposure to projects and industries

Maybe the hours - but it's really not bad at all

Definitely accept the offer!

A great learning experience, both professionally and personally
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship was a great learning experience, while enjoying the company of extremely smart individuals working on meaningful transactions

The ability to not fully control your schedule, but thats more against investment banking, as opposed to against Evercore. My teams were very understanding of commitments I had that were reasonable.

I would very highly consider culture at a firm before you consider joining it. It is important to join a firm that has a great reputation, but definitely do not discount the quality of the people and the culture at the firm

Advice to Management

I think we need a little more structured training program, but our program has made significant progress in the past few years.

Of course I enjoyed work today, I'm at Evercore
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

There are so many incredibly aspects of working at Evercore. First and foremost is the opportunity to work on great deals with LEAN deal teams. As an intern, you have an opportunity to play a significant role on your projects. On multiple deals, I was the only analyst on the team. I would work directly with my VP and associates in supporting them. I was able to participate in some tremendous deals and really feel like I added value to the client.

Furthermore, I can't say enough about how incredible the culture is at Evercore. Culture is one of those things that every bank says they have. Stock answer from anyone you talk to about culture is "Our culture is great, very fun and our structure is really flat." It's one thing to say that, but it's a completely different thing to get there and have it be even better than advertised. I was able to actually connect with the analysts, associates, and even VPs and Partners are more than just a work level. It was great to be able to talk with co workers on a personal level. I've got a couple of great representative stories that I feel really speak to the character of Evercore. First, on slow days during the summer it's an Evercore tradition to partake in some musical sporcle quizzes. While typically the quiz participants consist of interns having slow days and some analysts and a few VPs, one day a partner even stopped by where the interns sit and started answering a few questions. I was typing and all of a sudden I turned around to see this partner answering questions and I just laughed that I am able to work at such an incredible place.

The second story I think really speaks to the quality of people that Evercore hires. I had worked for a partner all summer on one deal. He is one of the best in the firm and is incredibly busy. On my last day, I went into his office to thank him for the experience and the opportunity to work for him. We ended up having a 45 minute conversation about my life and his life. I don't think you get that opportunity many other places. It was an incredible experience and certainly one I won't soon forget.

I had too much fun at work some days. But seriously, not a single thing I didn't like about it. Incredibly overall experience

I truly enjoyed going into work every day. I would say the best advice is to choose where you think you would be happiest, and where the personalities of the people who work there best fit yours. Evercore was that fit for me, and I believe that truly Evercore has the best and most caring people in the business. Upper level employees actually care about the full person and are interested in your interests and career goals.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Valuable and interesting work, strong senior mentorship, opportunity to gain full-time position, great culture
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interesting work, financial modeling skills, senior mentorship, great culture.

Long, but manageable hours.

Interviews are tough and technical, people are very smart, hard working, great culture, high level work, small number of interns get specialized attention from full-time analysts and associates, opportunity to work directly with managing directors and partners

No one will ever have this much fun working 100 hours a week
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were by far the best aspect of the internship. Evercore has a robust corporate culture that is inclusive while still elite in its single-minded focus on rigorous analysis and superb client service. In addition to its superb personalized training for investment banking summer analysts, Human Resources also made sure to throw weekly events for us, and we all had a great time playing golf, softball, or just grabbing drinks with one another. Evercore also had an endless supply of Snapple a free bagels in the morning - little things to be sure, but important ones.

Anything negative about the experience was endemic to investment banking and not idiosyncratic to Evercore. I personally didn't mind the long hours and the massive amount of research, Excel and Powerpoint that we did, but I can see how some people might. To you I would say: banking is not for you.

Evercore is the best bank on the street. Period. Over the last three years, every single analyst who has received an offer has accepted it - I don't know of any other institution, forget about even investment banks, that can boast a 100% return rate. At the end of the day, everyone can talk your ear off about how great their firm is, but this is the only statistic that matters. It's not an opinion, it's a number, and our number is perfect.

Invaluable experience with amazing deal exposure
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great corporate culture and deal exposure with access to the top bankers on the street

Hours could get long but that's just the nature of the business

If you want to do investment banking, there is no better place to do it than Evercore

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)