Intern at Discover Internship Program? Submit a Review

Great Experience and Great Perks!

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company itself and the living accomadations.

The schedule

Come in with a open mind

Why do you think you fit at Discover

Advice to Management

Scheduling and technology training

Unique internship within a caring and interesting environment that only gets better with each and every day that you set foot in the office!

Paid Hotel Housing

Hotel serves hot breakfast every morning and dinner on select nights

Transporation to work provided

Only 45 minute train ride to Chicago (Metra station is literally across the street)

Casual and relaxed work environment

Team and project based environment

Numerous of career development, social networking, and volunteer events

Assigned mentor who is on your team

Exposure to upper management

Caring environment

The major project I worked on kinda started off a bit slow.

Take advantage and appreciate every opportunity that the program directors provide you with because there will be lots of opportunities. The program directors really do a great job at expressing how much they care about you having a wonderful experience.

The best information technology internship that you could possibly get period

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company pays for you to live in a great hotel for the summer

Some times I had days with not much work because my team was too busy to assign work to me.

Discover bases its hiring decisions on weather a candidate can fit well into the company culture.

Advice to Management

Try to have some form of plan for the interns work before the intern starts working.

Discover's friendly culture and diverse areas of business make it a great place for advancement with many opportunities for growth.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meaningful project work, great team enviornment, good culture at Discover with opportunities for mentorship and networking, and good opportunity to return full time.

Some of the interns were younger (rising Sophomores and Juniors) who seemed to need to mature personally and professionally.

There are a lot of departments which you can be placed, some that fit the more "Marketing" definition than others. Regardless, with every placement there is opportunity to learn and have meaningful project work.

How does Discover make money?

In what area of the business could you see yourself in?

I was also asked if I were to take the internship, would I take a full time offer. And if so, would I be able to deal with the commute and would I stay at Discover long term.

Advice to Management

There sometimes were times where my boss had no work for me to do. I would have liked more work and to be able to contribute as much as possible to the team.

The Discover Internship Program delivers everything you could ever ask for from an internship program.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at the Discover is amazing. They have mastered the art of a perfect work life balance. Every employee is looked at as a person, not just an employee. Everyone who works at Discover loves their job.

I loved everything about the internship. There are no cons.

Be enthusiastic, learn from everything you do, and make connections with everyone (the interns and full-timers).

Challenging internship doing "real-life", valuable work

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

In Internal Audit, I felt as though my work was valued and useful to not only the Audit department, but to Discover as a whole. I was able to see the entire progression of an audit - planning, fieldwork, and reporting. I had a wonderful mentor who provided me the correct training in order to complete my internship successfully. I enjoyed the different events for the interns, i.e. Lunch and Learns with executive management and volunteer events, as well as events that allowed us to explore downtown Chicago.

I honestly don't have any cons to the internship. It was a great learning experience that I would recommend to anyone.

Discover truly values its business, its employees, and its customers. It is a wonderful culture to be a part of and allows you to challenge yourself. Discover respects their interns and treats them as the future faces of the business. I would definitely recommend pursuing Discover to see if it is the right fit for you.

What do you know about the credit card industry?

Tell me about a time when...(behavioral questions)

Have you ever had to deal with risk?

Team based questions

Valuable, unique experience. What you see is what you get

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Given good work to do, good professional growth, got to learn many new things.

That it came to an end

Discover is genuinely interested in helping you grow professionally. During the entire recruiting process, they work with you and account for your likes and dislikes. It is a two way street.

Exactly what I could want coming out of my sophomore year.

- networking opportunities

- learning from experienced professionals

- getting involved with meaningful work

I have nothing to say.

let the recruitment team place you based off preferences -- do not come in with a preconceived idea of what you think you want to do

How many streetlights are there in Chicago?

Advice to Management

provide better context behind the type of work different teams do, and allow students to have an idea of what exact work they could be getting into before accepting

Discover is actively investing in cultivating young talent

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Accessibility of upper management, amenities provided, opportunities to contribute to team.

Not very competitive

Fantastic learning opportunity

Great internship opportunity!

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The camaraderie among the interns, given real and meaningful work, felt like a true employee and most interns are asked to come back full time.

I really can't think of anything!

The company really treats their employees (and interns) well, making it a really enjoyable place to work.

Advice to Management

Nothing!