Intern at Discover Financial Services Internship Program? Submit a Review

Growth; Personally, Professionally, Intellectually

Riverwoods, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being immersed into the work and being offered many different opportunities within one department,

Not enough intern interaction

Built on community and professionalism within the workplace, very warm and welcoming group of individuals.

Great place to learn analytics skills (SAS, SQL, Tableau training provided)

Riverwoods, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part was learning valuable analytics tools like SAS, SQL, and Teradata. I also enjoyed reading academic papers to find models.

There was a lot of down-time in which nothing was being done.

Discover values its employees and you get to see a lot of high-level people, including Executive Vice Presidents. The benefits for full-time employees are very good (25 vacation days / year starting out). But the pay may not be as high as other companies.

Explain a time you had to solve something creatively.
What was the business reason for xyz experience you had at some company.

Summer filled with great learning opportunities and experiences

Riverwoods, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Connecting with my team and fellow interns

That it doesn't pay more

Meet with as many people as possible and learn the language

Advice to Management

Higher compensation and highlight more diversity opportunities

Discover a great place to work

Riverwoods, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Good pay, room and board, free breakfast, a lot of free lunches, free dinners, get to meet with the VP's and CIO.

I really don't have anything negative to say

I think Discover is a really good place to work, they support a lot of movement internally and will prepare you for whatever you want to do.

Discover Provides Fun Learning Experience

Riverwoods, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great culture and people to work with.

There are no cons.

Be ready to learn in a wonderful environment.

Advice to Management

There are no issues.

Name a time that you faced a challenge and how did you over come it? Case: design and market checking accounts to college aged demographic.

Want to develop as a Marketing Professional? Come to Discover.

Riverwoods, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

We do not have to pay for housing, we are provided a spacious hotel room with our own kitchen, oven, fridge, and freezer. All interns, regardless of their department, live together in the hotel as one community. That is a huge perk when it comes to expanding one's social network. We are only a train ride away from downtown Chicago, which another perk for all interns that are interested in learning more about this awesome city.

The pay and benefits are also great, the work we get is challenging, but it is very meaningful and definitely helps you get to know yourself better as a worker.

I do not have any negative feedback!

Discover is a Financial Services organization that focuses on the best interest of all the card members and every single one of its employees. We work hard, but we do so with passion because we all believe in the morale of the company. Definitely fun place to work for young people because of the closeness to the city and the great people that are hired as interns as well.

Advice to Management

Perhaps more training for all interns earlier on, but other than that there is nothing I would add.

Tell me about a time you were a leader.

What are some of the projects that you have done and what are challenges that you encountered?

What interests you?

Why do you want to work for Discover?

Why should we hire you?

Discover's Work Culture Dominates the Industry

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Variety of work, networking opportunities, and side projects that engaged all my knowledge from school as well as things I learned during previous internships.

The actual work in Internal Audit is not for me, but that is also not going against the internship itself.

Make sure you understand what department you are going into so you enjoy the work you're doing. Ask questions! Also, do not feel burdened or forced into something because Discover has a great atmosphere for being open and giving their employees opportunities to experience different assignments outside of their typical day-to-day routine.

Advice to Management

I think training could have been more strategically placed so it was still fresh in our minds when it came time to apply it.

Great

working in a team

sometimes bored

work hard please

Discover provides professional development, entry level work, and an expectation for interns to network with full time employees

-networking

-openness within the company to speak to full time employees working in other parts of the organization

-focus on future employment within the organization

-many outings with other interns, or teams

-real projects

-sessions with the CMO and COO

-interns are respected

-orientation was not very helpful, I felt a little lost my first week trying to maneuver my computer, the applications etc.

Spend the time to speak to other members of the organization, this is a big company and there is a lot to learn

Advice to Management

Pay interns overtime because sometimes we need to stay longer to get our work done.

Tell me about a time you handled an issue with a peer

Discover, ranked top place to take an internship.

Riverwoods, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Tremendous culture and care for the employees.

There are no negative aspects of the internship program at Discover.

There is a tremendous culture here at Discover, and you will have an absolute blast showing up to work everyday. Be open to learning as everyday you will be presented with something new.

Advice to Management

None.

Describe a time in your life in which you faced a challenge, and how did you overcome that challenge? Case: launching a consumer banking product. Specifically checking accounts to millennials.