Credit Suisse Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #5 Best IT Internships

Intern at Credit Suisse Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Chance of a life time - one of the best experiences of my social and working life.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

My colleagues were genuinely nice and always helpful.
The projects I was given were real problems that needed to be solved, and when finished I got to actually see them in action.

Two different intern start and finish dates meant didn't get to know the other group very well.

Get the most of the experience; throw yourself into the work; ask the graduates for their honest opinion; if your struggling just ask your managers..

Advice to Management

In terms of the internship give everyone the chance to see another department if only for a day - when it comes to choosing my rotation I only really have experience in my own department, would have been helpful to see the other roles I have to choose from.

Perfect
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Very approachable senior bankers, and very friendly junior bankers

Short duration--I would've ideally liked to work there for more than 9 weeks

I think this place was a perfect blend of great learning opportunities and a friendly working atmosphere

Advice to Management

None that I can think of

You will learn as much as you work - which is a ton
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting real responsibility that actually impacted the work that my group was doing was very cool. I also really liked the culture and people in my group, they were great resources to learn from and also awesome people to talk to and eat meals with

There is no work/life balance, but I knew that going into the internship/industry

Be a sponge - take tons of notes and soak up as much knowledge as early as possible. The more quickly you can learn to walk the walk and talk the talk of a full-timer, the more quickly you will get real work and increase your chances of being able to showcase your skills to land a full-time offer.

Eye opening experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

exposure to real responsibilities; being assigned a buddy and line manager to guide me throughout the internship; gaining insights to the finance industry; meeting people across the firm; free shuttle bus to workplace

not many outdoor activities

Credit Suisse is an awesome employer

Immersion in Private Banking
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the extensive training and exposure to senior people. We also had a lot of fun!

I really enjoyed all of my rotations but some teams were more receptive to having an MBA for a week than others.

The program is wonderful for self-starters who enjoy an entrepreneurial environment. You should be ready to network and put yourself out there.

Advice to Management

I think they really have done a great job with the program.

The Best Investment Banking Can Get
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture of the firm, the people, and the pay.

The office interior could have been nicer.

My only experience interning on the street, but given what I've heard from others, potentially the best culture on the street.

Advice to Management

Increasing compensation would go a long way towards attracting and retaining more talent.

Credit Suisse: An organisation with a caring attitude towards its employees promoting good values in a healthy work environment.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Vibrant work culture with friendly colleagues: The employees are very friendly and open to share their experiences and knowledge with each other.

Helpful senior management: As part of the internship program the interns were able to interact with the senior management from different departments. These interactions helped to get an insight into the functioning of many teams. Also I really appreciated the kind manner in which they interacted with us.

Long distance and travel time between my residence and office. But made comfortable by company provided transport so no complaints.

It is a great place to work. If a candidate wants to be selected in the Financial Accounting division he/she must have knowledge about accounting. Also one must be well groomed and communicate effectively.

Advice to Management

I think that most of the above issues have been addressed by the management. As an intern I could see that the organisation cares about its employees. The only thing I would be concerned with is if I would be able to learn and grow in different areas and teams of the organisation and not be limited to a single role for a very long period of time.

Most amazing experience ever!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, networking, pay.

Price of food in the canteen

Credit Suisse has a great reputation and offers good pay and training. I would recommend this firm to anyone.

excellent training and mentoring
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

content knowledge, training on the spot, communication with different departments, an ideal support system througha buddy and a mentor

Internship was shorter due to the start of the Olympics

Attend as many off-campus events as possible to get a sense of the corporate culture and the organizational structure of the company

Fun and fruitful

The learning journey

Nothing much

Show interest in your work and be motivated to complete it

Advice to Management

Great training