Intern at Charles Schwab Intern Academy? Submit a Review

Personally would not recommend.

AZ | August 2016 | FORMER INTERN

Some people at Charles Schwab are very happy to be there. They are hard working, talented, and very open to sharing their abilities. The culture is infectious.

I would not be able to recommend this internship to anybody that I cared about.

Comments

There are many factors to this rating, and I think it is well deserved.

Great Internship!

Lone Tree, CO | August 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

Charles Schwab is an ethical company to work for. The company feels small from the top down and the culture. The pay was moderate and I learned a lot from the Internship Program Roundtables. We had a lot of catered food and opportunities to form relationships with coworkers.

The interview process was unpleasant and I began interviewing with several other firms. The process was long and drawn out, and communication was weak.

Comments

Don't give up, be persistent with the talent advisor. They were not the best with communication and I struggled to stay loyal to Charles Schwab throughout the process. It was a company I REALLY wanted to work for because of my knowledge of the company and their history of being ethical and always doing the right thing for the client. I am not sure if this is the normal process, but don't give up if it's where you want to be.

Definitively do your research on the company and what the company has to offer for you! This is crucial to align your personal goals and to find a company who fits you.

Great Project

February 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

Ability to meet upper management and meet a lot of people throughout business.

Sometimes classroom environment was not that engaging or interesting I

Comments

Charles Schwab is a great company where the norm seems to be that employees stay there for a minimum of 10 years

9 Week Interview

Austin, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with other interns; given assignments that play important impact on clients.

N.A -- can't think of anything

Excellent hands on experience, focuses on career development and likely to turn into a full time offer.

Not a busy-work job

Raleigh, NC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Worked on real applications that with actual impact to the company and took actual personal responsibility for them
- Fantastic office culture, great coworkers
- Codebases are well written and well maintained
- Excellent support from management
- Good work-life balance
- Good pay

- Financial application development isn't very glamorous
- Internship Academy programs applied very little to overall work experience
- Lack of diversity
- Location may be undesirable for some (downtown, expensive parking, etc.)

If you want to get into the financial services industry, this organization is one of the best places to work.
If you don't, well, try it anyway. You might like it.

Advice to Management

Diversity is quite an issue among developers

- Given a linked list implementation, write a method that determines whether a given list is circular.
- Write a simple implementation of a binary tree with a find method.

The most rewarding and instrumental work experience you will ever accomplish.

Cleveland, OH | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to meet and speak with senior executives in the company and learn about their career paths was not only interesting but very informative. Another great aspect was the work load, I was always busy but not to the point where I felt overwhelmed. Lastly was the opportunity to explore different departments outside of my designated department.

Quite honestly there was nothing that I did not like about the internship program.

Be open and take risks. Don't be afraid to explore different departments within Schwab and don't hesitate to reach out to people who work there and learn more about what they do.

Through the Client's Eyes

Denver, CO | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the environment, the kool-aid.

What cons?

You can learn something profound from every person you meet.

Advice to Management

More Breakfasts.

Sorry can't really remember them, too nervous.

Schwab Intern Academy: An Opportunity for Both Professional and Personal Development

Denver, CO | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with everyone at Schwab made my experience so much better outside of just the work I was doing. I had excellent exposure to the other interns and employees at all different levels.

The one thing I thought could have been better was having the program flexible to students' summer schedules, meaning that it would not necessarily be confined to a strict 9 weeks. I had 4 additional weeks before school started where I would have loved to continue working and getting even more exposure.

As a Schwab intern, you need to keep an open mind to everything and be hungry to learn. Schwab gives you an amazing opportunity to learn a lot on a professional level and make valuable connections with different people.

Schwab is a place where you are treated like a big fish in a big pond, even as an intern. They provide a well rounded experience.

Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Informational interviews and shadowing experiences were awesome. I got a taste of a lot of different departments within a financial services firm.

There is not anything I can think of that I really didnt like about the experience.

If you are interested in working at a place that will provide you with various career opportunities, Schwab is the place. They are all about you becoming what you want to be within the organization.

Advice to Management

Allow for longer infomational interviews.

Who is Charles Schwab?
Why are you interested in the financial services industry?
What volunteer activities have you participated in?

Better internship than I imagined

Austin, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

All of the great people who were so willing to help and mentor

Nothing I would change

Really consider schwab. It's a great experience to have and is very helpful with my current courses

Advice to Management

Nothing

I don't remember, unfortunately