Intern at Charles Schwab Intern Academy? Submit a Review

Personally would not recommend.

AZ | August 2016 | FORMER INTERN

Some people at Charles Schwab are very happy to be there. They are hard working, talented, and very open to sharing their abilities. The culture is infectious.

I would not be able to recommend this internship to anybody that I cared about.

Comments

There are many factors to this rating, and I think it is well deserved.

Great Internship!

Lone Tree, CO | August 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

Charles Schwab is an ethical company to work for. The company feels small from the top down and the culture. The pay was moderate and I learned a lot from the Internship Program Roundtables. We had a lot of catered food and opportunities to form relationships with coworkers.

The interview process was unpleasant and I began interviewing with several other firms. The process was long and drawn out, and communication was weak.

Comments

Don't give up, be persistent with the talent advisor. They were not the best with communication and I struggled to stay loyal to Charles Schwab throughout the process. It was a company I REALLY wanted to work for because of my knowledge of the company and their history of being ethical and always doing the right thing for the client. I am not sure if this is the normal process, but don't give up if it's where you want to be.

Definitively do your research on the company and what the company has to offer for you! This is crucial to align your personal goals and to find a company who fits you.

Challenging and rewarding real world experience in a great environment

Austin, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to create a tool that will be used by the company.

I did not get to spend enough time working on what the rest of the team worked on.

It is a large corporation, so sometimes things move slowly. But it also means that there are plenty of resources and it's very stable.

Expand on experience and what you learned in classes. Explain the most challenging thing you learned in class.

Growth

Meeting great people.

Exessive meetings

Amazing values!

Advice to Management

Employee retention, relocation, new hire practices

What is the difference between JAVA and C

Real Preperation for the Real World.

Cleveland, OH | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were getting to learn the ins and outs of the retirement industry, and in my position specifically the work that helps decide which funds go into the retirement plans.

There was nothing in particular I liked least about the internship.

Pay close attention to the people, make sure they are individuals you could see yourself spending lots of time with.

Advice to Management

There is nothing I would change regarding the above aspects, all are fair in my opinion.

Tell me about a time you worked with a team.

Why do you want to work for Schwab?

Amazing internship

Denver, CO | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking

Not being able to meet other interns as much as I would have liked

This is an awesome internship, take advantage of all the networking potentials and have goals set before you start!

Advice to Management

Can have more diversity.

Charles Schwab is a great place to work and I will be returning.

Austin, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

They gave us an actual project which is current being used. The real world experience gained is invaluable. I learned so much about software development specifically web development.

There was a large time commitment to general events not associated with my specific job and project.

This internship is worth it. Go in with an open mind and try to network as much as possible.

Great experience for product development, better culture

Austin, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, everyone was welcome, free food, pay, external events

too many internship activities, wished spent more time actually working in team

Show up to work with a smile everyday, makes the day go by faster and everyone else will be nicer

Advice to Management

Training should be more engaging- kind of dull

Unforgettable experience

Phoenix, AZ | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

knowledge gained, ghosting opportunities

The drive to work

Take advantage of every informational interview you can.

Advice to Management

Build off of the already great program with the advice given by the interns

what is a project you worked on recently, what problems did you face, and how did you resolve it?

This was the most beneficial and incredible experience I have had in the corporate workplace.

Denver, CO | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentoring from management, the inclusiveness to the Interns and all of the networking/friendly coworkers.

I wish there were more activities involving all of the Interns. There were plenty of opportunities to network, just not with strictly Interns.

I highly suggest doing informational interviews to determine whether you fit the employer and if the employer fits you.

Advice to Management

I think that the program was well designed and the time split between the business track and Intern activities was very well thought out. However, I think that the Interns could benefit more from a great time with other Interns.

I was asked about previous experience and how I could bring that to the table to help the company.