Intern at Charles Schwab Intern Academy? Submit a Review

The best hands on learning experience that I could have gotten through an internship.

Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated like an employee and was given actual assignments and projects to work on. I had multiple mentors that I could go to for guidance. No one ever turned away when I needed help on anything. I met and made great friendships out of this internship.

It was hard to accomplish what we wanted to accomplish in 10 weeks.

The internship flies by, go in with an open mind and ready to work. Make the best out of it, learn as much as you can, and network as much as you can. You are working on actual projects, so get involved and do not be afraid to ask for help.

Advice to Management

My department was great, there is nothing that they could have done to make this internship any better!

Own your tomorrow!

Phoenix, AZ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture of people was the best part of my intern experience.

I did not dislike anything about my internship.

Make sure you are always selling yourself.

Advice to Management

More seating available.

Worthwhile experience that can't be received in a classroom

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The environment was superior.

There was nothing that i didn't like

Take advantage of all your resources that you have

Bank services reporting and analytics

Networking

Hot arizona summer

Xhoose schwab

Real work experience with clients, teammates, and the ability to learn about the whole organization.

Phoenix, AZ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Co-workers, manager, open structure, everyone willing to help, great projects.

Nothing that I liked the least.

You will enjoy your time in this open and inviting culture.

Advice to Management

The pay should be higher as it is pretty low compared to other internships.

Great intern program with opportunity for networking and learning about the corporate world.

Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Really get a chance to meet people in the company, who want to get to know you and help you in any way. A caring employer. A great way to see what working in the corporate world is like, and to get the opportunity learn a lot about the company.

This was the first year of the internship program, so some parts felt a little unorganized. However, I would expect this to be better next year.

Take this opportunity, you won't regret it! You get to learn so much about the financial industry, personal wealth management, and get to see a lot of different aspects of the company. Plus, you get to meet a lot of really interesting people.

What are your strengths? When have you had to deal with a difficult group of people?

Advice to Management

The intern compensation should be more similar of a level in my opinion. I know some interns made $16/hour while others made $30+/hour. I don't this there should be this much disparity.

Using data in order to advise strategic business decisions

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were being treated as a full-time employee, accessing authentic data, and presenting my work to business partners.

I least enjoyed the lack of regular contact with my bosses. I would have appreciated weekly updates on my progress and advice on next steps.

Schwab allowed me to expand my statistical skills and learn about the corporate environment.

My employer asked about my past project experiences.

Advice to Management

I would have appreciated a housing stipend due to the extreme housing prices in San Francisco.

Great experience in an amazing environment surrounded by outstanding people

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Team, willingness of others to help, accessibility to all levels of company

some of the intern seminars

this will be a great opportunity to get experience with a large financial services firm that is full of extremely intelligent/successful employees, all willing to share their experiences with you and be of any help

Applying knowledge learned in the classroom and applying it to real world situations while working with amazing coworkers.

Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Every single Schwab worker I met was unbelievably welcoming and helpful. I also really enjoyed the weekly learning objectives in addition to our own internship responsibilities.

I would have liked to learn more about other departments within the company.

Try to see all the opportunities that the company has to offer, and be sure to say yes to every project that comes your way.

What are some of the specific functions you have used within excel.

Give me an example of a time when you have overcome an obstacle.

Advice to Management

The madcap summit should be shorter.

The internship was everything I imagined when applying. Charles Schwab's Intern Academy is a great way to bring in young talent.

Raleigh, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The cohesiveness between all interns throughout each Schwab branch. Given employee benefits for life. The Intern Academy structured it's foundation around giving the interns an all-around great experience. 15% professional career building activities and 85% individual work. The structure of this internship was phenomenal.

Communication with my off-site manager.

My advice to potential interns would be to ask as many questions as possible. Take advantage of working with a prestigous organization and utilize all your opportunities of being surrounded in that environment.