Intern at Centerview Partners Summer Analyst -- NYC? Submit a Review

Run, don't walk, to get a summer internship at Centerview!

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

My deal teams that I worked with were very patient, supportive and trusting. They were willing to let me try something, fail at it without adverse consequences, and then train me on what I should have done. I learned so much, and really liked the way in which I learned it. Also, the global summer offsite was a really great way to get to know the firm and understand the outlook for the business.

There was maybe a little less emphasis on social events than at other firms (based on what I heard from friends) -- and I missed some of the events they did have because I was working. Not really a complaint -- I love that I had real work to do -- but the bankers at Centerview are fun, and who doesn't love a night out!

It's important to recognize that Centerview really does expect you to work like a full time analyst -- not that you will know as much, but they will look for energy, enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity in how you approach the job.

Advice to Management

Really nothing to add on this question -- I had a great summer!

Incredibly realistic and immersive experience

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Access to senior bankers, formal / informal mentorship, working with the best and brightest at all levels

Internship coordinators need to be communicate intern performance throughout

The very best place to learn as long as you have a positive attitude

Real life experience on marquis deals

people I worked with, deals I was staffed on

liked it all, even long hours are fine with the right people

be yourself because culture is king

Advice to Management

n/a

finance, work focused behavioral and case style questions

Interesting, hard work with bright, fun team

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I most enjoyed the generalist model, the colleagues I became friends with and the exposure to senior bankers.

I did not like the unpredictability of the hours because you never know when you'll have not a lot of work or a ton of work. This makes it hard to commit to plans in advance or have people visit you.

If you want to do investment banking, Centerview is the best possible place to go. Look at its deal flow and small number of employees - that means there is going to be really cool work for you to do. The small number of employees also means that people, senior and junior, will know you and you will be able to make a difference - not just be a number in a big bank.

Advice to Management

Training could be improved. It is all run internally which is great, but because the bankers were so busy they usually really prepared to teach us and didn't review the work we did.

They really just want to see if you're smart, have a good attitude, and aren't robotic. All the questions will be the same as other banks, but Centerview puts more emphasis on seeing if you can generally hold a conversation like a normal person and if you can solve problems. They have a brain teaser interview, which isn't so bad - just walk people through your thoughts process.

High quality work and high quality exposure to senior executives/mentorship

mentorship, exposure, clients

down time, unpredictable schedule

Incredible opportunities to take on as much work as capable of, senior people take notice and help you to grow in career

Immersed in the firm with hands-on work experience and a friendly atmosphere

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the stimulating work, the autonomy, the amazing deals, the bonding bar tabs and lunches, the company offsite

The hours, occasional grunt work

They look for qualities that they think will make a good long term banker. This means it is very focused on how you can act, your ability to learn and your ability to take initative

Advice to Management

It was great!

Estimate the average spending on winter coats annually
Why banking?
What was your favorite class?
If a $100 bike appreciates 50%, how much is it worth next year?
What would you do in a zombie apocalypse?

Challenging ten weeks spent with very smart and outgoing people

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Firm culture, help was readily available, access to senior bankers

Long hours, as expected

Banking is definitely not for everyone, but if you decide that you want to try it, Centerview is the best place on the Street to start out. Terrific culture, large deals, and high compensation.

Best firm to intern at for for investment banking

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great junior and senior mentors, exposure to senior bankers, opportunity to work on interesting assignments

Hours were sometimes tough, but were on par with other banking internships

Firm culture and being a good fit within the firm is the crucial factor for making internship decisions.

Incredible professional learning experience

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Incredible access to senior management, a lot of responsibility, great company culture, great deal flow

With lean teams and constant deal flow, hours could be hard at times.

Be enthusiastic about every task, and be willing to learn.

Advice to Management

I thought that the experience was incredible overall. Could not ask for much more. I not only learned an incredible amount, but had a fun time and made great friends.

Great culture, great experience, great bank

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Sitting in MD's office on day to day basis and getting great exposure to senior leadership.
Summer soccer league to really get to know the other bankers

Could have used more modeling experience

Pays way above the street and has a great culture. I actually enjoyed the people I worked with, which I don't think is the case at every ibank (that's why I'm going back).

Advice to Management

More employee events. Give the summer interns a celebration at the end of the program.

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.