Centerview Partners Summer Analyst -- NYC Internship

Intern at Centerview Partners Summer Analyst -- NYC Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

Best firm to intern at for for investment banking
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great junior and senior mentors, exposure to senior bankers, opportunity to work on interesting assignments

Hours were sometimes tough, but were on par with other banking internships

Firm culture and being a good fit within the firm is the crucial factor for making internship decisions.

Incredible professional learning experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Incredible access to senior management, a lot of responsibility, great company culture, great deal flow

With lean teams and constant deal flow, hours could be hard at times.

Be enthusiastic about every task, and be willing to learn.

Advice to Management

I thought that the experience was incredible overall. Could not ask for much more. I not only learned an incredible amount, but had a fun time and made great friends.

Great culture, great experience, great bank
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Sitting in MD's office on day to day basis and getting great exposure to senior leadership.
Summer soccer league to really get to know the other bankers

Could have used more modeling experience

Pays way above the street and has a great culture. I actually enjoyed the people I worked with, which I don't think is the case at every ibank (that's why I'm going back).

Advice to Management

More employee events. Give the summer interns a celebration at the end of the program.

Unmatched experience with client-facing projects.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great mentorship by senior management. Close-knit company culture. Plenty of resources to use to gain experience.

Longer hours than some other firms; hours seemed to be more variable than most shops.

The interview process is a great indictor for whether someone will fit within the firm culture and strategic goals.

Advice to Management

Promotion could be based more on merit than tenure.

A Great Chance to Experience Being an Analyst Full Time
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to all levels of firm, including founding partners, and the nature of the work done -- highly stimulating

The fact that you are only there for a short time limits the amount you can really get involved -- it's a balance between exposure (which was great) and not becoming so integral that your departure tanks the project

The key is to be really enthusiastic and hard-charging over the 10-week period. It sounds cliché, but every piece of work you do needs to be excellent. If you show an interest, the team at Centerview is really willing to teach you.

Advice to Management

I think greater clarity around exit opportunities would be helpful. Not as relevant to us as interns, but in making a full-time decision, it's important to know that you have the firm's backing in where you go. People do go on to great opportunities, but it could be more formal is all.