Intern at Capital One Technology Internship Program? Submit a Review

Getting paid more than my friends in California to work at an awesome company in Texas

Plano, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was great, the work was meaningful. I got to develop a functional web application from start to finish, without any code base to start from.

I was matched with a roommate in the corporate housing. I would have preferred to live alone.

Expect flexible hours and expect to get paid to have fun. There were a lot of events during/after work and I had several free meals each week. They flew all the interns to Virginia twice during the internship for intern events and onboarding.

Advice to Management

All interns get paid the same, regardless of experience. Interns who have had internship experience in the past should get paid more than first-time interns.

Fun summer but lack of work

good compensation
game rooms
free snacks

lack of work
talent bar isn't very high

make sure you ask questions

AWS, Migrations, and Agile

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was great working on a team and truly taking part in a corporate environment. My teammates didn't treat me as much as an intern; they treated me like another engineer. I took part in most meetings. Also, I got to meet some amazing people, especially the other interns.

I thought there was a lack of mentorship - most of my team was a decade older than me. At the beginning of the internship, I didn't have much focus since my manager did not have a project prepared for me.

Capital One is reimagining itself as a software and technology company, and they have come a long way. However, the caliber of engineers still leaves something to be desired. The compensation is very fair and competitive, but you won't necessarily be working with the best and brightest minds in the field.

Sum the elements of a tree
Sum two linked lists where each linked node represents a digit in the number

Full of fun events, happy hours, and exploring a new city all with some real work and learning sandwhiched between

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation, work life balance, young office

Manager was a little distant at first but now we are friends. Cost of living in city a bit high.

I wish I knew that Capital One is so much more than a bank or credit card company. They claim to be a tech company and they are doing everything in their power to get there.

Capital One gives interns and new hires autonomy and flexibility to discover their passions

McLean, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible culture, great management, great pay, interesting work, lots of autonomy

Disorganized HR

Meet up with higher directors, they're willing to meet with interns

Credit Card Python

McLean, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work life balance, included housing, lunch, other interns

Didn't get much of a say in project type or interests

You'll love it!

Capital One Aspiring to compete with the top Technology Internships, and succeeding

Plano, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work/life balance was very generous as well as the pay. I felt that my team valued me as an important contributor and made sure that I had all the tools to succeed. Many of the full time employees would go out of their way to help me if need be and they all made sure to treat all of the interns in a highly valuable way. My team was amazing and they were very helpful and always able to help if I needed it.

I wish the internship was longer.

This internship will definitely give you valuable experience as to what its like in a technology role, at least in Plano. Capital One does its best to ensure that the interns will gain something valuable out of the internship and is looking to higher the best.

Capital One Summer Tech Program

McLean, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, quality and importance of the work I was doing, really great people, new tech, food is good

Work could be a little more challenging and faster paced (however, it's definitely not slow)

It is not just a bank. They definitely have aspects of the tech culture. The atmosphere is comfortable and some teams allow a lot of working from home, which is great if you're not feeling well.

Advice to Management

I felt the diversity training in upper management was lacking. The reason for this is the diversity talk given at an event by someone in senior management was very poor. For new grads they also don't negotiate salary, or at least it's uncommon.

Know you're object oriented programming and how to structure code well.

There are two linked lists representing numbers where each node is one digit. Add the two linked lists together.

Real-life experience, engaging atmosphere, exciting environment

Richmond, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Coworkers, fellow interns, fun projects, great treatment by the company, basically everything

Some corporate tasks were kind of pointless, some lost time in meetings

Capital One is a great company who really values your growth as a person. They pour a lot of resources into their intern program to make sure you have a great experience.

Fun summer with tons of learning opportunities

Plano, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The intern events and free food, as well as the opportunity to experience working in a corporate environment alongside business

Some interns had serious issues with their managers

If you live in corporate housing, it's a lot easier to make friends with other interns.