Capital One Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best IT Internships  /  #5 Best Banking & Finance Internships  /  #15 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

Great learning experience with great people!

Meeting all the interns from around the country. The amount and quality of hands on learning.

Logistics on how to relocate.

Great company to work for. Truly cares about its employees.

Fun, leasurely,

Flexibility. They are very attentive and do their best to keep interns happy and excited.

I did not feel challenged enough. The locations are also not ideal.

Be vocal about your needs. They are very accommodating and willing to help if they can.

Advice to Management

The diversity could be better as well as the quality of the training. I felt like some of the training was ineffective.

Culture and experience

Challenged and learning

Lack of movement around department

Stay busy and learn as much as possible

Real responsibility, great people

You get complete ownership of a real project

The timing of the internship is short so some things have to be rushed

If you are looking for real work and actual ownership without insane hours, Capital One might be right for you.

My Internship at Capital One: A Summer of Work and Fun

The work/life balance, the very useful training seminars, lectures given by executives, the mentorship program, the team building activities, and the compensation of course!

I can't think of a single thing I didn't like!

Capital One is an excellent company to work for. Most of everyone I met were kind, laid back, and dedicated because that is the kind of environment the company provides. You will always have a place to relax at the many break areas, sitting areas, and lounges. Capital One's development program is especially for recent college-grads because it assigns each new hire with a mentor (usually someone from the last batch of new-hires) who helps streamline the transition between a school environment and an office environment.

Advice to Management

I can't think of a single thing. I was very happy with my compensation, and my hours. Even on the handful of days that I had to stay late, I didn't mind because the office was has such a happy, relaxing atmosphere! Capital One is extremely diverse, and there are so many training opportunities from online classes to the Capital One University, and all the guest speakers that I can't think of any way to improve the experience.

Date: 2013

The experience is absolutely amazing!

The best aspects was being given real work to do and also opportunities to network.

The only con I have is having to look for a place to stay. I wish I had more help with that.

Engage in every opportunity offered. The income is fantastic but the experience and learning will help you get further in your career. Be the best person you can be and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Advice to Management

Reaching out to more areas beside just northeast. When you begin to spread out a little more you will gain more talent and ideas.

Date: 2013

Interesting work with good balance.

Informal work environment, reasonable hours, good pay

Lack of feedback

Be sure you can make the location work

Date: 2013

Capital One internship offers not-notch training, very competitive compensation, and interns do real work

They spent a lot of effort and resources on my development

Too short to really learn my role

You cannot go wrong with Capital One, but make sure you compare other companies to see if it is the right fit

Advice to Management

The only thing that I think could be better is it would be great to have all the access and software exceptions beforehand. Many of us interns ended up waiting a week or two for our access to be granted

Date: 2013

Using data analytics to solve challenging business problems

The best parts of the internship was to have ownership of a project that was meaningful to the business unit. I met with senior-level managers during the data collection and analysis phases, and my recommendations were taken seriously, even though it meant changing the direction from where they planned to go.

I am not as passionate about the credit card industry--particularly the area in collections that I worked in.

Don't let Capital One's a people-focused and laid back culture beguile you into thinking that it is an easy place to work. A high performance bar is held for all associates, and you will definitely be intellectually challenged.

Advice to Management

The company did a great job so it is difficult to think about something. Perhaps, work with candidates more once they have been extended an offer, and help them get placed in a part of the company that will work will with their strengths and interests.

Date: 2013

Heavy analytics with fantastic work-life balance and fun company culture

People, company culture, Monday fun carts, young employee base, sports teams

Location - no possibility for travel, very data heavy

If you like numbers and analysis and want to work in a fun, college-like atmosphere, definitely consider Capital One!

Advice to Management

Not really under their control, but more travel possibilities and location options