Intern at Capital One Internship Programs? Submit a Review

Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Career prospects

Nothing bad

Accept the position

Capital One offers a great learning experience

The relaxed atmosphere

Sometimes not having enough to do

Study Capital One's case interview questions because they are different than most cases.

Best job experience I have had to date

Plano, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

They wanted me there and want to help me develop as a professional because they feel that I can become a useful asset to the company.

Finding housing for the summer in Plano was a bit of a pain.

They care about you and your development.

Solving Business Problems

McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Solving real business problems.

No cons that I can think of.

Work to exceed expectations.

Great summer experience

Plano, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved the people I worked with (on my team)

I had a hard time when my manager demanded a significant amount more of me than other interns for the last few weeks. I, of course, didn't mind the work and enjoyed working hard but felt as though I missed out on some intern events because of it.

People are incredibly willing to help you and answer any questions you may have; you can tell it is a great place to work because everyone there seems very happy.

3 Case studies and one behavioral interview

Advice to Management

No advice

A summer-long project containing autonomy, fun times, hard work, and nice paychecks

Plano, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Autonomy, laid-back and fun culture, work-life balance

Numerous meetings and external assignments, training can be ineffective

Capital One cares about its employees and you will definitely see how they spend money for your benefit. In return, they have high expectations from you, but knowing you are a college student, they mostly expect you to learn as much as you can early on and show how you have learned and grown by the end of the internship. At the end of the day, the offer comes if you fit well in the culture in addition to doing a good job on your project.

They use lots of case questions, but the recruiters do a good job giving you the right information to prepare for them.

Advice to Management

There are many meetings and assignments that can often require employees to work longer hours to get their job done. Find a way to get a certain message across to all employees more effectively and hold meetings only where no good alternative exists.

Fun and Exciting Internship Experience that Provides for Personal and Professional Growth

New Orleans, LA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My mentors and superiors were great to work with! Also, everyone remained fun while still staying professional. I really got the idea that it was a team oriented environment. I also loved that there are huge opportunities for growth as a person and professionally.

The work was sometimes tedious.

I think that Capital One is a fun and innovative company that really has the customer in mind. That is something that sometimes gets overlooked when it comes to banking. I also would let any candidate know that Capital One has several opportunities for people who may not want to stay in their current position. There are several opportunities.

Explain a time where you took a leadership position.

Explain a time when you helped solve a problem.

Explain times when you have worked with a team in order to get something accomplished.

Advice to Management

I do believe that someone with graduate school experience should be a little higher compensated than those that do not.

...

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Relaxed culture, great people, interesting work

Not as intense as other companies -- you can choose to work harder but it's not pushed by anyone.

Likely one of the best analyst internships out there for someone also interested in consulting

Wonderful People, Interesting Work, Laid-Back Atmosphere, Good Food

Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of the internship was the multiple opportunities Capital One provided to talk to senior executives or to hear them speak. Networking was quite easy in this way.

It took some time (about 5.5 weeks) before I could actually start working. This wouldn't have been a problem for a full time position, but since the internship was only 10 weeks it felt like a really significant amount of time to wait.

If you don't think that the Agile work environment is for you, or perhaps you don't think you can ever get used to people talking around you while you work then this might not be the job for you. (Not everyone gets placed on an Agile team though, so don't let that deter you if you really want the job.)

Advice to Management

The only complaint I have is regarding the length of time it takes to obtain clearance to use software that you often need to do your job.

Emailing employees for information

Plano, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship has great intern events, people, pay, and not long hours.

I felt the internship project did not apply engineering enough.

Don't expect to use your engineering education.

Tell me about a time in which you had to explain a technical skill to a person with no knowledge.

Advice to Management

Everything was fine.