Intern at Capital One Analyst Internship Program? Submit a Review

Learn and Have Fun with the Smartest Candidates from around the Country

Plano, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The all expenses paid Disney retreat for a week of the internship.

The scope of the intern project is a little vague in the beginning and more clarity would have been nice to start out but the end product turned out just fine.

There is no better company out there with a more inclusive culture, competitive compensation, and top-notch work-life balance.

Come to learn how analytics are driving the future

Plano, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Excellent work-life balance and flexibility. A lot of time is invested in making sure the summer experience is one where you learn about the industry and have a big impact. Other employees are very welcoming and nice. Opportunities for you to show your thought process and ideas.

At times it is hard to schedule time to meet with people, as calendars are usually pretty full.

I wish I had known the vast amount of job experiences you can have when it seems like a great deal of finance is the same thing before experiencing it

Advice to Management

N/A

How to market a new product, what should you be aware of from a customer perspective.
How to improve on an existing product.

Great Opportunity

The work environment

Trivial holdbacks

It's fun but challenging

Best Summer of My Life

Plano, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The project I am working on directly influences my line of business, and I am treated like an analyst rather than an intern.

I have a good understanding of my line of business, but I don't know much about other projects or LOBs.

Cap1 has a great work/life balance. If you are looking for a consulting or banking position but don't want to work insane hours, I would highly recommend Capital One. It's basically a consulting position within the company, where you get to finish your project instead of just passing a roadmap on and then leaving. The BA position is not similar to "banking" at all, but requires a similar skill set.

Advice to Management

I think we need to learn more about the other lines of business.

10 ways to redesign a water bottle.

Internship that is in the intersection of tech/consulting/finance with tech hours and benefits

McLean, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work/life balance, the compensation, internship events, internship trip to Disney World, the amount of responsibility given to us, the type of work

More quant heavy than expected, skewed gender ratio although this is not unlike the rest of finance and tech (about 26% women in the internship program)

Background business knowledge is not expected or common, heavily recruits from engineering programs

Advice to Management

Seek a more balanced gender ratio

Awesome

Compensation, intellectual challenge

I have to leave and go back to college

How much coding is involved in some business analysis positions

The Best Paid Summer You'll Ever Have

Plano, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay, the people, the other interns, the food, the facility, the project, the experiences, the network and connections

There's nothing I can come up with.

There is no other company that will treat you as well as Capital One. You'll be surround by peers who excel in their day to day lives and it's an incredible growing experience.

Work on important projects, have an amazing life, and learn a lot while you're at it

Richmond, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mid program trip to Disney and Resort Hotel
My project will be used by over 100 managers
Learning is heavily encouraged
Great work/life balance

Nothing - It is awesome

Work at Capital One. They will invest in you to see you succeed. You will also be surrounded by smart, motivated individuals in a collaborative environment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing you

How can we maximize our profits on a wheat farm?
What approach should we take with our business model for ATM's

Amazing experience and a great company to work for

McLean, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship program team is extremely organized, and provides educational speakers and events throughout the summer, the people at Capital One are extremely helpful to interns. The projects the interns get are all very different and interesting, and are real problems that have real business impacts.

A lot of time is taken out for intern activities, and so not as much time as I hoped was dedicated to working on our intern projects.

In terms of as a potential employer, the internship works as a feeding track into the full time analyst development program, and so interning gives a chance to figure out what part of the business you are most interested in. However, I would highly recommend doing a lot of research into possible specific roles and different products that Capital One offers, and then ask to be placed in that specific department or team.

Advice to Management

I think while Capital One overall is a very diverse company, that did not reflect in the current intern pool, so working to ensure there is diversity even in the interns is important.

Interviews generally involve 2 parts. First is standard behavioral questions, "describe a time when..." "How did you approach a difficult project?" etc. The second part focuses on a business case, to ensure that you have the analytical capability for the job. This might include breakeven cost analysis, or similar.

Do what you love

McLean, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing culture and focus on development

Nothing comes to mind

Understand the importance of your project and be passionate about it.