Capital One Internship Programs

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Financial Services Internships  /  #22 Best Overall Internships

Great experience, highly recommended
Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Career prospects

Nothing bad

Accept the position

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

If you want to have fun and gain valuable knowledge to further your career, this is the place for you.
Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with so many people across multiple departments; the attitude that everyone had towards their jobs; working on projects that will actually be used by the company in the future; mostly everything else was amazing.

I personally didn't get to work close with the team where my office space was, and would have liked to interact with them more.

Honestly, this place was amazing. Everything about the company was fantastic; everything from the office spaces to the common areas to the employees, everything made me feel at home. I never felt like I worked a day because it was such an enjoyable experience.

What is the difference between an array and a linked list?

Write code to reverse a linked list.

Describe a time where you had to persuade/ convince someone to accept your idea.

Best internship experience ever
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The hands on learning experience

The length; too short

Definitely a good experience

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Capital One offers a great learning experience

The relaxed atmosphere

Sometimes not having enough to do

Study Capital One's case interview questions because they are different than most cases.

Great summer experience
Plano, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved the people I worked with (on my team)

I had a hard time when my manager demanded a significant amount more of me than other interns for the last few weeks. I, of course, didn't mind the work and enjoyed working hard but felt as though I missed out on some intern events because of it.

People are incredibly willing to help you and answer any questions you may have; you can tell it is a great place to work because everyone there seems very happy.

3 Case studies and one behavioral interview

Advice to Management

No advice

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

A summer-long project containing autonomy, fun times, hard work, and nice paychecks
Plano, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Autonomy, laid-back and fun culture, work-life balance

Numerous meetings and external assignments, training can be ineffective

Capital One cares about its employees and you will definitely see how they spend money for your benefit. In return, they have high expectations from you, but knowing you are a college student, they mostly expect you to learn as much as you can early on and show how you have learned and grown by the end of the internship. At the end of the day, the offer comes if you fit well in the culture in addition to doing a good job on your project.

They use lots of case questions, but the recruiters do a good job giving you the right information to prepare for them.

Advice to Management

There are many meetings and assignments that can often require employees to work longer hours to get their job done. Find a way to get a certain message across to all employees more effectively and hold meetings only where no good alternative exists.

I found this review helpful (2 others have found this review helpful)

Internship offers glimpse into company's great culture and into life of full time employees
Plano, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The attention that I got from my manager and other executives was great. I often got more attention than other full time employees

The projects are very defined and there is little room to be creative.

Capital One treats its employees great, which its employees realize and appreciate. The work-life balance at Capital One is very hard to beat.

Excellent opportunities for career growth at Capital One
McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Face time with senior executives, commitment to hiring from the intern program.

Only a few locations

Great opportunity for full time employment

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Fun and Exciting Internship Experience that Provides for Personal and Professional Growth
New Orleans, LA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My mentors and superiors were great to work with! Also, everyone remained fun while still staying professional. I really got the idea that it was a team oriented environment. I also loved that there are huge opportunities for growth as a person and professionally.

The work was sometimes tedious.

I think that Capital One is a fun and innovative company that really has the customer in mind. That is something that sometimes gets overlooked when it comes to banking. I also would let any candidate know that Capital One has several opportunities for people who may not want to stay in their current position. There are several opportunities.

Explain a time where you took a leadership position.

Explain a time when you helped solve a problem.

Explain times when you have worked with a team in order to get something accomplished.

Advice to Management

I do believe that someone with graduate school experience should be a little higher compensated than those that do not.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Best job experience I have had to date
Plano, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

They wanted me there and want to help me develop as a professional because they feel that I can become a useful asset to the company.

Finding housing for the summer in Plano was a bit of a pain.

They care about you and your development.

I found this review helpful (2 others have found this review helpful)