Intern at Capital One Internship Programs? Submit a Review

If you want to have fun and gain valuable knowledge to further your career, this is the place for you.

Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with so many people across multiple departments; the attitude that everyone had towards their jobs; working on projects that will actually be used by the company in the future; mostly everything else was amazing.

I personally didn't get to work close with the team where my office space was, and would have liked to interact with them more.

Honestly, this place was amazing. Everything about the company was fantastic; everything from the office spaces to the common areas to the employees, everything made me feel at home. I never felt like I worked a day because it was such an enjoyable experience.

What is the difference between an array and a linked list?

Write code to reverse a linked list.

Describe a time where you had to persuade/ convince someone to accept your idea.

Capital One offers a great learning experience

The relaxed atmosphere

Sometimes not having enough to do

Study Capital One's case interview questions because they are different than most cases.

Great experience, highly recommended

Career prospects

Nothing bad

Accept the position

Because the application process is highly competitive, the interns are treated with tremendous respect and given interesting projects.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture and atmosphere struck an ideal balance between encouraging and challenging

No complaints.

There are noticeably high rates of promotion compared to other places, especially for young people. Also, the management seems to evaluate associates fairly and thoroughly.

I was asked not to disclose the interview questions.

Advice to Management

There is a very structured process for how software engineering tasks are assigned, discussed, and recorded, which can potentially trade off with a results-oriented approach to each individual project.

Best internship experience ever

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The hands on learning experience

The length; too short

Definitely a good experience

...

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Relaxed culture, great people, interesting work

Not as intense as other companies -- you can choose to work harder but it's not pushed by anyone.

Likely one of the best analyst internships out there for someone also interested in consulting

Wonderful People, Interesting Work, Laid-Back Atmosphere, Good Food

Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of the internship was the multiple opportunities Capital One provided to talk to senior executives or to hear them speak. Networking was quite easy in this way.

It took some time (about 5.5 weeks) before I could actually start working. This wouldn't have been a problem for a full time position, but since the internship was only 10 weeks it felt like a really significant amount of time to wait.

If you don't think that the Agile work environment is for you, or perhaps you don't think you can ever get used to people talking around you while you work then this might not be the job for you. (Not everyone gets placed on an Agile team though, so don't let that deter you if you really want the job.)

Advice to Management

The only complaint I have is regarding the length of time it takes to obtain clearance to use software that you often need to do your job.

A summer-long project containing autonomy, fun times, hard work, and nice paychecks

Plano, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Autonomy, laid-back and fun culture, work-life balance

Numerous meetings and external assignments, training can be ineffective

Capital One cares about its employees and you will definitely see how they spend money for your benefit. In return, they have high expectations from you, but knowing you are a college student, they mostly expect you to learn as much as you can early on and show how you have learned and grown by the end of the internship. At the end of the day, the offer comes if you fit well in the culture in addition to doing a good job on your project.

They use lots of case questions, but the recruiters do a good job giving you the right information to prepare for them.

Advice to Management

There are many meetings and assignments that can often require employees to work longer hours to get their job done. Find a way to get a certain message across to all employees more effectively and hold meetings only where no good alternative exists.

Internship offers glimpse into company's great culture and into life of full time employees

Plano, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The attention that I got from my manager and other executives was great. I often got more attention than other full time employees

The projects are very defined and there is little room to be creative.

Capital One treats its employees great, which its employees realize and appreciate. The work-life balance at Capital One is very hard to beat.

Fun and Exciting Internship Experience that Provides for Personal and Professional Growth

New Orleans, LA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My mentors and superiors were great to work with! Also, everyone remained fun while still staying professional. I really got the idea that it was a team oriented environment. I also loved that there are huge opportunities for growth as a person and professionally.

The work was sometimes tedious.

I think that Capital One is a fun and innovative company that really has the customer in mind. That is something that sometimes gets overlooked when it comes to banking. I also would let any candidate know that Capital One has several opportunities for people who may not want to stay in their current position. There are several opportunities.

Explain a time where you took a leadership position.

Explain a time when you helped solve a problem.

Explain times when you have worked with a team in order to get something accomplished.

Advice to Management

I do believe that someone with graduate school experience should be a little higher compensated than those that do not.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)