Capital One Internship Programs

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best IT Internships  /  #5 Best Banking & Finance Internships  /  #15 Best Overall Internships

Intern at Capital One Internship Programs? Log in to Submit a Review

Excellent development oppurtunity with great potential for full time employment
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interesting project with real impact, great mentorship, great opportunity for personal development, excellent pay and location, great work-life balance

Not much to dislike

Capital One is a great place to work, You work on interesting projects that have significant impact. You are treated like a full-time employee. Work-life balance is great, and your co-workers are extremely smart and helpful.

Advice to Management

Don't have interns work in remote locations (Towers Crescent).

Immensely rewarding, high-paying, opportunity-filled finance internship in a relaxed and friendly environment
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

corporate culture, flexibility, work/life balance, pay, work projects

location, "training"

really great and friendly corporate culture, lots of flexibility, outstanding work/life balance, great pay, rewarding work projects, great opportunity to network and advance career in finance

Advice to Management

Better training programs

A great way to gain experience and also complete a meaningful project
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Having my own project for the summer, where I feel like I actually provided something of value to the company by the end. Also, the people (both interns and full times) were always helpful and very welcoming.

Sometimes the work was boring, and most of my days were spent on the computer trying to get the data that I wanted, which got repetitive after a while.

They expect you to work hard and independently, but also to ask for help when necessary. Capital One is a great place to start a career or spend a summer, and they'll give you lots of training and general business experience in a friendly yet challenging work environment

Worked with a great group on an exciting project.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to know more about the culture in Capital One, and more about how to run their business.

The traffic.

If you want to have a great work-life balance and an opportunity to develop your business skill, COF is a good choice.

The best internship experience you can ever have
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, the work life balance

Location could have been better

People are amazing, really awesome place to work for, company pays really well and would be an awesome start to any career

Advice to Management

Increasing the compensation based on location

An incredible internship experience where I learned a lot from very smart people, had fun, and recieved an offer
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

1. Learning opportunities- work with a lot of smart people from different backgrounds; report to a director (high up); are given a real and important project
2. Company culture- everyone I met at Capital One is not only very smart, but also fun to hang out with!
2. Work life balance- work around 40 hours a week (I tried to work more to go above and beyond but they really encourage having a great work life balance)
3. Intern activities- planned events, trips, and learning expereinces

Honestly, there was nothing about the internship I didn't like. I had an incredible experience and there is no where I would rather work. The one thing I am changing for full-time is location, where I will be going to McLean instead of Richmond.

Don't underestimate the epxeriance you will have at Capital One! As mentioned before, you are given a real project that really matters- not busy work or getting coffee. You also have a great support structure between a director, manager, and intern "buddy". There is a great work life balance at Capital One, so you will have a lot of fun as well! It is a great internship. As a Business major with a concentration in consulting, the work is very similar to what you would do as a consultant, but you also get a better work life balance and get paid just as well (way better if looking at a per hour basis). There is a great company culture where everyone works hard but also plays hard.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! There is nothing I can think of to improve- my experience was incredible.

Amazing Culture
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

THe people you meet, the projects you work on, the compensation.

Commuting on 495 every morning and afternoon. My god... it was so miserable.

Live near the location if youre in Mclean, 495 will ruin your life.

Ideal, well structured, realistic, challenging, and full of opportunity to learn!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated like a full time employee, I was part of a well organized program, I had my own project, I has the ability to reach out and learn about other areas of the business.

I could have been given more work to help out with- I finished my project early and spent a lot of time fine tuning and preparing my final presentation because there was no need to do anything else

Capital One's internship program could not have been more perfect, they offer everything that most students look for in an internship and have an amazing culture that promotes workin hard as well as enjoyment.

Advice to Management

I have no complaints!

Quality Internship Program with Quality People and Quality Opportunities
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Independent project with results important to leadership

There were some slow days in the office as my project came to a close.

Great company culture. The company goes out of its way to create a great internship experience.

Great mentorship. Great job assignment.

Hands on experience

Commute in VA

Be well prepared

Advice to Management

Accomodate interns