Capital One Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best IT Internships  /  #5 Best Banking & Finance Internships  /  #15 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

Great learning experience with great people!

Meeting all the interns from around the country. The amount and quality of hands on learning.

Logistics on how to relocate.

Great company to work for. Truly cares about its employees.

Date: 2013

Interesting work with good balance.

Informal work environment, reasonable hours, good pay

Lack of feedback

Be sure you can make the location work

Data driven enhancement strategy

The best aspect was the fact that I presented my findings and recommendations to partner teams on a few different occassions and was driving changes to the strategy. The changes will be implented soon and people were eager to understand the findings.

I didnt sit with my team and Capital One uses a lot of acronyms that are hard to catch on to

Data analysis drives the strategy at Capital One - have to comfortable with numbers and quantitative analysis

Advice to Management

Teradata training should be improved

My Internship at Capital One: A Summer of Work and Fun

The work/life balance, the very useful training seminars, lectures given by executives, the mentorship program, the team building activities, and the compensation of course!

I can't think of a single thing I didn't like!

Capital One is an excellent company to work for. Most of everyone I met were kind, laid back, and dedicated because that is the kind of environment the company provides. You will always have a place to relax at the many break areas, sitting areas, and lounges. Capital One's development program is especially for recent college-grads because it assigns each new hire with a mentor (usually someone from the last batch of new-hires) who helps streamline the transition between a school environment and an office environment.

Advice to Management

I can't think of a single thing. I was very happy with my compensation, and my hours. Even on the handful of days that I had to stay late, I didn't mind because the office was has such a happy, relaxing atmosphere! Capital One is extremely diverse, and there are so many training opportunities from online classes to the Capital One University, and all the guest speakers that I can't think of any way to improve the experience.

Date: 2013

The experience is absolutely amazing!

The best aspects was being given real work to do and also opportunities to network.

The only con I have is having to look for a place to stay. I wish I had more help with that.

Engage in every opportunity offered. The income is fantastic but the experience and learning will help you get further in your career. Be the best person you can be and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Advice to Management

Reaching out to more areas beside just northeast. When you begin to spread out a little more you will gain more talent and ideas.

Date: 2013

Supportive collaborative environment offers opportunity for growth

Managers care about your development, teams collaborate and there is no cut throat competitiveness. Project leads encourage you to learn from experience but are willing to help whenever necessary. Intern events are great. People are great!

Some interns get stuck in crappy team situations. HR and recruiting are really helpful with this if you reach out to them, but some people don't do that and suffer and some even dont get offers (very few). I didn't have this bad experience and few do but in such a big program it does happen. Also having some people you know in different locations kinda sucks but that's not a big deal.

The culture at capital one is great! The way the company values feedback and structurally gives it is great. The program coordinators are very helpful with any problems as long as you Bring it to them.

Advice to Management

Maybe some better training schedules for interns. (Card economics class needs to be earlier). That's about it.

Intern Proves It Is Possible to Have Fun While Working

The work/life balance was very nice, not expected to work super long hours. It was also nice to be part of a large intern class.

Some of the work was not particularly engaging.

It is hard to create a project that will be engaging and also meaningful that is realistic to complete within the time frame of internship so use your time as an intern to get to the company and the people who work there.

Advice to Management

Make the internship onboarding more similar to ADP onboarding.

Date: 2013

Analyst compiles data, makes recommendation, and presents to VP

Work/life balance, learning a new programming language, interacting with supervisors/peers, compensation

It can get boring at times

Capital One is a great company that cares a lot about its employees. This internship is a great introduction to what life is like at Capital One.

Advice to Management

Hours are very reasonable, there is a subsizided cafeteria, a gym, and many social events out of work hours. It is an incredible intern program.

Date: 2013

Engaging work, engaging people, engaging possibilities for future opportunities

The work, the events for interns and speaker series, the intern fun days, the chance to voice own ideas and take initiative to network outside direct team

Business analyst interns have a bit more structure than brand/marketing interns since the brand program is new. Still awesome though!

Consider the importance of mentorship when deciding if a team is the right for for you, if the manager is someone who will help you grow

Advice to Management

Make promotion and pay policies more transparent and clear, be up front about potential for intern offers (ie how's my positions are available)

Date: 2013

Working with smart people to transform big data into customer experiences that are both positive and profitable

- The Capital One Internship Program provides interns the opportunity to take ownership of a project that directly affects the company's performance. An intern may be responsible for persuading management to make multi-million dollar decisions. - Capital One's people are very collegial, and there is an effort by management to make themselves accessible. Not only are the majority of associates incredibly nice, they are also very intelligent. Every day, I am learning about new ways to approach problems. Overall, Capital One's associates have a culture of being well-balanced and competent. - The skills you will develop are currently very in-demand. Capital One is an analytic powerhouse, and you can learn from some of the very best analysts there. - Capital One stands behind values that make me proud working for the company.

- At first, the job can seem overwhelming. Everything around you is moving at a rapid pace, while you are still playing catch-up. It may take a while to get adjusted and become familiar with all of the analytic tools available.

The Business Analyst role at Capital One is aptly named - you must be an analytical thinker to thrive. If you enjoy working with large amounts of data, developing and testing hypotheses, and thinking about problems down to their minute details, you'll enjoy being a Business Analyst.