Intern at Capital One Analyst Internship Program? Submit a Review

Most Enjoyable Summer Ever, Have Accepted my Full-Time Offer!!

Mclean, VA | October 2016 | FORMER INTERN

I had a lot of autonomy in my work which was incredible that they trusted me enough to create the vision for my project, but my manager, mentor, and team members were always around to assist and collaborate as needed. I loved the company culture; everyone cared way more about making sure you were getting your work done well than clocking in the acceptable amount of hours. Also I liked having all the programming with the other interns. Did I mention Disney World and happy hours out the wazoo???

A lot of managers were located in different offices, but that ultimately contributed to the autonomy I liked having in my work.

Comments

Definitely apply!! I recommend the McLean (DC) office as it is Capital One's headquarters.

Lots of Fun and interesting work

McLean, VA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the people and the office culture

There were a lot of intern events

Be prepared to reach out to a lot of people in the company

The most positively transformative summer experience I've had in terms of personal and professional development

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Super smart and kind people. Awesome innovation. Meaningful work. Really cool office space.

Tysons as a location is pretty far away from DC proper and transportation was unreliable

If you're looking for a place that has people who actually value your growth and autonomy while getting a taste for cutting-edge tech in the financial space, Capital One is the go-to. Capital One is really pushing the boundaries of how the financial sector operates now while having an incredible socially-minded agenda, which is first and foremost manifested in all of the people who work here.

I love capital one

Plano, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Disney. Capital one employs the smartest of people.

Nothing. I loved it

Please take the chance to work for a bank even if you never thought you would like it

Advice to Management

I loved the internship

Capital One AIP Exceeds Expectations

Plano, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

You can tell that all of your coworkers were super-smart and had ample opportunities at more "prestigious" companies, but they picked Capital One because they have a life outside of work. Everyone genuinely enjoyed working with each other and there was mutual respect between everyone. The gym and cafes are phenomenal. Overall, the Plano campus culture is very collegiate.

It is irritating, at least for me, to work in an industry so severely hamstrung by federal regulation. That is definitely something to consider if you want to work for a bank, period, so Capital One is no exception. Apart from that, some people were quick to complain and have a pessimistic, woe-is-me attitude at work, while the majority was generally enthusiastic and productive on the job. These "bad apples" are unavoidable at any company, I guess.

If industry or product is your chief determinant for picking an employer, Capital One might not be the place for you. However, if culture, work-life balance, and/or "interesting-ness" of work are, then Capital One is perfect for you. I'd rather enjoy the people I work with and the rigor of the work that I am doing and not really care about the company's products than vice versa (hate the people, be bored by the work, and yet be excited about the company).

Advice to Management

The most annoying thing was the constant specter of federal regulations hanging over us, but there is nothing we can really do about that. The biggest thing I would fix is to get the employees to complain less. Capital One is a great place to work! We could use more positive people here and less of the grouches.

1. Explain different ways you would monetize a mobile game and evaluate which is best, given certain economics from each monetization strategy.
2. Describe 10 distinct ways you would innovate a salt-and-pepper shaker.
3. Give me one product you really like, give me some ways to improve it, and then explain how you would execute these improvements and take the subsequently improved product to market.

Spends day talking to people and writing queries. Became a PowerPoint master. Loved the people I worked with, felt empowered. Accepting job.

Coworkers, project, area

Requesting data access

Don't underestimate Capital One-- they give you consulting type problems without working you to the grind. They expect you to be on top of your game while you are at work, but don't want you at work 60 hours a week. Also, there is so much problem solving and learning that you will gain a lot of valuable skills from this internship.

"What are ten ways you would reinvent a salt and pepper shaker?"

Capital One is an Awesome Place for an Internship

Dallas, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

teamwork, job, extra activities

nothing was notable

Definitely strongly consider internship opportunities at Capital One

Heavy math case based question

Good learning experience

DS training opportunities

Presentation training

Just work hard

Advice to Management

It was all pretty great

Doing statistics

Greatest use for my summer holidays- learnt a lot while earning good money

1. Impactful work/assignments
2. You're assigned a buddy and a mentor and they help you throughout the internship.
3. Regular sessions to let you know what's going on in other parts of the organization- you feel that you belong.
4. An exciting mid-summer trip! (Mine was to disney world, Orlando)
5. Oh, and the interview process is amazing- it is tough if you think of the difficulty level, but at no point do you feel that it is exhausting, or mundane. Each part of it is challenging and interesting, and people are always super nice to you, which matters a lot as you feel a lot more comfortable and you do your best.

If I had to point out one thing, I would say that there were probably too many sessions, and you could not attend each of them while working on your project.

They really care about you, and they are also looking to hire full-time associates from their intern pool.

Capital One crushes 21st century young professional work environment

McLean, VA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company was great to us, I had really rigorous work and was given the opportunity to grow, I liked the challenges

Work was challenging but clearly could've pushed us more

Meet as many people at the firm as you can

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Biggest failures, biggest challenge