Intern at Capital One Internship Programs? Submit a Review

Best job experience I have had to date

Plano, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

They wanted me there and want to help me develop as a professional because they feel that I can become a useful asset to the company.

Finding housing for the summer in Plano was a bit of a pain.

They care about you and your development.

Emailing IT employees for data

Plano, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The project was not too difficult. Also, we had a number of intern activities each week. I learned Visual Basic and SQL.

I felt the project ignored my degree and education. I had to beg for another assignment that actually involved programming, which i how I leaned Visual Basic and SQL.

They should not take too much pride in their engineering education and be happy with their generous salary.

Explain a time in which you had to explain a technical skill to a someone.

Advice to Management

N/A

Solving Business Problems

McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Solving real business problems.

No cons that I can think of.

Work to exceed expectations.

Capital One Grants Interns Open-Reign in their own Summer Development

Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect was the freedom and responsibility given to each intern. We had the ability to run with any idea that we had and were really set up for growth. We were also given amazing networking opportunities to talk to people very high up

Geographically, interns are very spread out yet included in the same programming. So some people had to drive and were not compensated for this while others (in SF for example) had to wake up for 8 am meetings when they were 11 am meetings to others

They are great and offer you so many opportunities to grow professionally and personally. I developed in so many more ways than I thought I would.

A lot of break even analysis (case)

job fit and behavioral (tell a time when you resolved an issue, when you worked on two projects at once, etc)

Advice to Management

promotion policies - interns were given a poor perspective of the promotion policies and made us all a little weary

It is a fantastic internship

McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great managers and great training program

The compensation is fairly low for phd students

It is a great place to promote yourself as an internship

Fun and Exciting Internship Experience that Provides for Personal and Professional Growth

New Orleans, LA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My mentors and superiors were great to work with! Also, everyone remained fun while still staying professional. I really got the idea that it was a team oriented environment. I also loved that there are huge opportunities for growth as a person and professionally.

The work was sometimes tedious.

I think that Capital One is a fun and innovative company that really has the customer in mind. That is something that sometimes gets overlooked when it comes to banking. I also would let any candidate know that Capital One has several opportunities for people who may not want to stay in their current position. There are several opportunities.

Explain a time where you took a leadership position.

Explain a time when you helped solve a problem.

Explain times when you have worked with a team in order to get something accomplished.

Advice to Management

I do believe that someone with graduate school experience should be a little higher compensated than those that do not.

I accepted the internship because I thought it was too good to be true, turns out it was even better than my high expectations!!!!

Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

We had an overnight weekend retreat to the Omni Homestead Resort, frequently interacted with the most senior executives of the company, spent a weekend in DC just to have fun and were empowered to take full ownership of our assignments.

The amount of 'fun stuff' for interns actually became overwhelming at times and make getting work done difficult. It felt like you were pledging for a fraternity, just a lot more fun.

Don't give in to preconceived notions, stereotypes or the expectations of others. Come in for an interview and work hard to make it to the on site final round interview. If you aren't sold by that point then this isn't the place for you.

Look to the company's website for sample behavioral interview questions. The questions I was asked in my interview came from that list. Don't be afraid to ask your recruiter for advice, they want you to be successful. The key to the case interviews is to think out loud 100%. It doesn't matter wether you or right or wrong, just the fact that you are able to think and communicate your thoughts.

Advice to Management

Capital One is great for being such a progressive corporate culture. Don't change a thing as the company continues to grow and continue to take care of the high performers.

Analyzed credit card industry using big data and with a team.

McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The hours were lax and the atmosphere was great

It feels a little too lax at times

Work hard at the internship!

Advice to Management

Do a better job of communicating what your expectations are

Wonderful People, Interesting Work, Laid-Back Atmosphere, Good Food

Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of the internship was the multiple opportunities Capital One provided to talk to senior executives or to hear them speak. Networking was quite easy in this way.

It took some time (about 5.5 weeks) before I could actually start working. This wouldn't have been a problem for a full time position, but since the internship was only 10 weeks it felt like a really significant amount of time to wait.

If you don't think that the Agile work environment is for you, or perhaps you don't think you can ever get used to people talking around you while you work then this might not be the job for you. (Not everyone gets placed on an Agile team though, so don't let that deter you if you really want the job.)

Advice to Management

The only complaint I have is regarding the length of time it takes to obtain clearance to use software that you often need to do your job.

An Opportunity to Augment my Analytical Abilities

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The autonomy and white space of my projects

A lack of pressure and not enough opportunities to work with other interns.

Reach out to people around the office if you are ever struggling with any assignment. They are more than willing to help you!