Intern at Capital One Analyst Internship Program? Submit a Review

Real-World Skills with Really Awesome People

The people at Capital One

----------

----------

Strategy-centric consulting role within a fast-growing, data-driven, entrepreneurial, customer-focused bank

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed the case competition, because it gave me the opportunity to work on a completely different project from the one I was doing for my manager. This was great because it helped me learned that I enjoy strategy consulting more than marketing consulting, and t helped learn more about a very different idea of the company.

I was up in New York, whereas most of the other interns in the program were down in Richmond or McLean. That left the other NY interns and I pretty isolated. It would've been nice to have a bigger intern community.

If you are interested in the top strategy consulting firms (McK Bain BCG) but unsure about the work-life balance issues at those firms and/or want to hedge against the fact that those firms are very difficult to get into, definitely think about the Business Analyst role at Capital One. Many if not most of your managers and even some of your co-workers will be alumni of those firms, and you will be doing the exact same work and learning the exact same skills. It is an incredible opportunity.

Advice to Management

The program needs to to hire a lot more girls. Based on my discussion

Don't remember

Fun and Insightful

McLean, VA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

They really spoil their interns. They took us all to New Orleans where we stayed in the Ritz. The CEO came and gave a q and a just for the interns. We received lots of attention from higher ups within our departments.

The industry is highly regulated which puts some constraints on the types of models one can build. I thought this was limiting.

Have fun and learn a lot. It is a great internship so try and get the most out of it. Do not be afraid to ask for help because the people there will love to give it.

Advice to Management

Work a little better on introducing us to other full time employees.

Mostly case questions so study up. In the personal interview there where many "tell me about a time" questions, so have many good stories in the hatch.

The AIP program at Capital One was an awesome experience that exceeded my high expectations coming in

Richmond, VA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great pay, incredible work/life balance, incredibly smart people, the access interns get to top level executives, case competition interns get to participate in outside of their normal work

Nothing comes to mind

Do it. It's definitely an incredible internship experience full of a lot of great perks and lessons that you can certainly apply to any career

Own a project, carry it through, learning new analysis and tech skills

McLean, VA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

training, detail in planning project, mentorship

work didn't feel rewarding/effective

Provide as much feedback as you can on your interests to ensure you're placed in something you're interested in

Advice to Management

More diversity, better communication between departments, more competitive compensation after first few years (which are great)

General business cases, not related to financial services, but about trucking and airplanes.

Learn about Capital One while developing analytical skills, interpersonal skills, and creative problem solving skills

McLean, VA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work life balance, pay, development, etc. (see previous answers)

Not too many networking opportunities

Everything is great

Advice to Management

More networking, more training

4 Case interviews, 1 behavioral interview

Great Work Life Balance, with lots of ownership. Wonderful time.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ownership of project. Flexibility to tackle problems as I wanted to Autonomy. Work life balance. Never surprised with last minute work.

Nothing. I had a fantastic time. Maybe my commute?

Meet as many people as possible. It is a fantastic time. Make connections.

Really great to place to work with that focusses on work/life balance

McLean, VA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Really smart people to work with. Really collaborative environment

There is little career development

Network - it's key to success here

Capital One offers a great learning experience

Plano, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The relaxed atmosphere

Sometimes not having enough to do

Study Capital One's case interview questions because they are different than most cases.

Best internship experience ever

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The hands on learning experience

The length; too short