Intern at Capital One Internship Programs? Submit a Review

10 week learning experience, where my knowledge and skills were constantly challenged

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The involvement of every member of the office. From the moment I arrived my manager got me involved in tasks and shared as much information as possible with me about the bushiness.

I have nothing poor to say about the internship, besides some minor internal changes I think it was conducted extremely professionally.

Do not be afraid to ask questions, everyone who is apart of the Capital One network will be more than willing to answer any questions you have for them.

Once you are accepted in the programs the interns interview process id very lax.

Emailing IT employees for data

Plano, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The project was not too difficult. Also, we had a number of intern activities each week. I learned Visual Basic and SQL.

I felt the project ignored my degree and education. I had to beg for another assignment that actually involved programming, which i how I leaned Visual Basic and SQL.

They should not take too much pride in their engineering education and be happy with their generous salary.

Explain a time in which you had to explain a technical skill to a someone.

Advice to Management

N/A

Analyzed credit card industry using big data and with a team.

McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The hours were lax and the atmosphere was great

It feels a little too lax at times

Work hard at the internship!

Advice to Management

Do a better job of communicating what your expectations are

I accepted the internship because I thought it was too good to be true, turns out it was even better than my high expectations!!!!

Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

We had an overnight weekend retreat to the Omni Homestead Resort, frequently interacted with the most senior executives of the company, spent a weekend in DC just to have fun and were empowered to take full ownership of our assignments.

The amount of 'fun stuff' for interns actually became overwhelming at times and make getting work done difficult. It felt like you were pledging for a fraternity, just a lot more fun.

Don't give in to preconceived notions, stereotypes or the expectations of others. Come in for an interview and work hard to make it to the on site final round interview. If you aren't sold by that point then this isn't the place for you.

Look to the company's website for sample behavioral interview questions. The questions I was asked in my interview came from that list. Don't be afraid to ask your recruiter for advice, they want you to be successful. The key to the case interviews is to think out loud 100%. It doesn't matter wether you or right or wrong, just the fact that you are able to think and communicate your thoughts.

Advice to Management

Capital One is great for being such a progressive corporate culture. Don't change a thing as the company continues to grow and continue to take care of the high performers.

An Opportunity to Augment my Analytical Abilities

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The autonomy and white space of my projects

A lack of pressure and not enough opportunities to work with other interns.

Reach out to people around the office if you are ever struggling with any assignment. They are more than willing to help you!

Best job experience I have had to date

Plano, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

They wanted me there and want to help me develop as a professional because they feel that I can become a useful asset to the company.

Finding housing for the summer in Plano was a bit of a pain.

They care about you and your development.

Solving Business Problems

McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Solving real business problems.

No cons that I can think of.

Work to exceed expectations.

Great experience, highly recommended

Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Career prospects

Nothing bad

Accept the position

Best internship experience ever

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The hands on learning experience

The length; too short

Definitely a good experience

Capital One offers a great learning experience

The relaxed atmosphere

Sometimes not having enough to do

Study Capital One's case interview questions because they are different than most cases.