Intern at Barclays Investment Bank (Americas) Front Office Summer Analyst and Associate Programs? Submit a Review

Barclays Internship the Best on the Street: Challenging, Rewarding, and a place where there is true efforts in developing junior bankers.

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Collaboration, team taking a genuine interest in training me

Nothing- the experience was great

Network a lot

An Incredible Learning Experience

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned so much and felt like added value to the group and the firm

The programs on my computer didn't work sometimes

I wish I had known that I was going to be able to network with so many people

Fantastic Professional & Educational Platform

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mostly everyone here is collegial and invested in your success at the junior level

Loved the internship, so no complaints

I highly recommend speaking to the folks at Barclays. It will give you a great opportunity to see the kinds of personalities that thrive here and whether the organization makes sense for you individually.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were impressively smart that I was working with on a day-to-day basis. I felt that I was supported by everyone around in gaining the exposure and experience I was looking for.

The hours were tough at times and unpredictable, but that is more related to the role of an investment banking analyst as opposed to the bank.

Doing research and getting to know the culture of the firm before the interview process is extremely important. Though most banks provide a relatively standardized service, it is the people at each firm that is the differentiator.

Advice to Management

I would recommend more technical training for the internship program so that summer analyst would be more prepared to take on complex financial modeling tasks.

I see that you have a deal on your resume involving a private company. How did you and your team think about valuing this company?

Where else are you recruiting at?

Multiple questions relating to teamwork and leadership

Few technical related questions

Amazing learning experience surrounded by employees/mentors who genuinely care about your career devlopment

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning from extremely knowledgeable people and feeling welcomed the whole time.

Early mornings

Talk to as many people as you can, networking is huge

Talk me through your resume

Challenging work, but strong culture and support from all levels

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with the smartest people in the industry, intellectually fascinating work, and (most importantly) a culture at Barclays of support, respect, and mentorship that is unique in the banking industry.

As with any bulge-bracket banking job, you will be working long hours and have a steep learning curve to mount if you are from a liberal arts school and have no prior training in finance/Microsoft suite.

I explored a number of different banking opportunities, and I got the sense that Barclays had a unique culture of excellence, mentorship, and support. However, I did not understand the degree to which that was the case until I heard from friends at other firms on the street who have had poor experiences with their teams and wish that they had explored Barclays further.

Advice to Management

While this trend is already in motion, banking as an industry should really take a couple pages out of the tech giants and the way that they operate their business. Yes, high comp is great, but people place a great emphasis on internal facilities and laid-back policies. This could be a great way to attract younger talent and differentiate Barclays from other bulge brackets.

Walk through: DCF, football field, how to calculate EBITDA/Operating Profit/etc. Tell me about yourself, what are your opinions on uber, what will be happening with rates over the coming months, why banking/Barclays

An incredible opportunity to delve into finance with brilliant, genuine, and sincere professionals

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

1- the work was fascinating, energetic, and challenging 2- every single person, without fail, was supportive, helpful and truly down to eart

While it's part of the business, the idea that sometimes final work could no longer be relevant by the time it's complete

advice to potential interns- absorb as much as possible!

Advice to Management

There is a reverse mentorship program which I've heard amazing things about- perhaps offering other forms of that?

Leadership and teamwork questions

a summer internship where you grow professionally and personally

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

challenging but extremely rewarding, great company, great culture, really shows you if this is the right fit for you

not as many official networking opportunities within the internship class organized by barclays

this will be a challenging internship but it will also show you if you and this career are a right fit - it will push you to the limit and really make you want it

Advice to Management

I think just organizing more events for the intern class to get to know each other - there's so many of us and it would have been nice to be exposed to more people

opinions on domestic and foreign markets, oil prices, and other hot topics at the time

Pleasantly surprised by the people and work at Barclays

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people and the opportunity to learn about an interesting industry and gain some real life experience of various deal types including M&A

10 weeks is a short period of time so you don't get to see all of the deals that you worked on close

One thing that I think is incredibly valuable about the Barclays internship and full time position is that you can be in a coverage group and still be exposed to M&A deals. This is unique to Barclays and allows you to gain expertise in an industry that you are interested in while also being able to work on M&A deals.

Mostly fit- looking to see that you are intelligent and someone that would be fun to be around

best Experience and Top Culture

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Doing work that will be published/ read by clients and the friendly atmosphere

Little free stuff (shirts...)

The people at this firm truly make a difference. The culture is flat- everybody will talk/ help you. Make sure you use the internship to the best you can by talking to as many senior analysts as possible.

Advice to Management

Increase moving bonus for employees coming from non- NY locations

Walk me through how 50mn DTL impacts all statements