Intern at Bank of America Internship? Submit a Review

This is a great

Boise, ID | July 2016 | FORMER INTERN

My best aspects of my internship is to learn the practical application.

the worst aspects of my internship is to not learn the practical application.

Comments

I will bring a can-do attitude to your team and the willingness to take on any task.

For example, one of my team member got sick, and couldn’t complete his part of a project, So I had to take care of his part and complete it before the due date. So, I finished the whole project and the result was great.

So, I learned from this experience that sometimes I have to take full responsibility of any difficult situation.

Extremely rewarding work with a first-class team.

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning experience and introduction to culture.

Limited to ten weeks; wish we could be here longer.

One of the only truly global banks in the world.

An Unprecedented Experience: Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor Intern Program

Louisville, KY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexibility, the office atmosphere, Merrill Lynch's resources, and the work that I have done for the OMT and the FA's I work under. Also the weekly intern objectives provide some structure each week.

At times, there was some down time. Other than that I don't have any negatives about this experience.

Communication and willingness to learn are very important. I've had to be very proactive and spontaneous at times when it comes to networking in the office, or finding new assignments to work on. Make sure you're attentive to details, and don't be afraid to ask questions, lots of them.

Advice to Management

I don't have any suggestions for the betterment of Merrill Lynch's workplace.

They were fairly simple questions. Asking how my previous experience will benefit me in this intern role, how I heard of the intern program, why I think Merrill Lynch would be a good fit, and what I want to do with my life. They asked about my referral to Merrill Lynch, also asked a few questions about my social media presence.

Unique, well paying opportunity for students to learn about the banking world and culture.

Fresno, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone is so friendly. I am learning a lot, and getting paid to learn.

I wish they would have provided more training when I went to New York for my orientation. The training there wasn't really helpful to my internship at all.

Be ready to learn a bunch of new systems and applications. Do not be afraid to ask questions.

Describe a time when you had to work as a team and someone didn't come though. What interests you about working in the banking industry? What is your level of competency when it comes to finance?

Hardworking culture made up of great individuals

Steep learning curve
Multitude of opportunities

my commute to work was on average an hour and a half

come early and ready to learn

Advice to Management

use your intern as much as possible

when is one time you failed and how di you respond?

Couldn't have chosen a better place for the summer.

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, learning, location, and compensation.

Work wasn't challenging enough which is more a function of being an intern than industry.

A lot has said about hours in the IB industry but the hours are much better these days, compensation is good, and work is really challenging and intriguing.

Great High-Paying Internship Experience in Technology with Opportunities to Network and Learn

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking events, co-workers, developing new skills, high pay, lots of learning and work

Final Presentation

There is a lot of technology within banks, and they shouldn't be discounted because they aren't strictly technical companies.

An internship in Corporate Audit within Bank of America is a perfect way to start your career in the Audit field.

Charlotte, NC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting new people and being involved in any aspect of an Audit process.

Getting an offer after you completely finish your internship, and not within the time of internship.

A good place to start!

Lot of information on new skills and process

Jacksonville, FL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learn something different from what we learn in school. Moreover, experience of working in a enterprise.

There is nothing that I don't like about the internship

Don't hesitate to ask doubts. No doubt is small

Client Service Experience is a valuable tool!

Tampa, FL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning aspects of the Financial World. I did the same internship last summer, and I didn't really learn anything. This summer I am developing a better understanding of the business.

Sometimes I feel that there wasn't enough work to be done.

I advise you, if you want to work here one day, that you always put your beset foot forward in the way you dress and the way you interact with people. Also, when getting an FA partner, if you can't see yourself working with them in the future, try to get a different one, but they could possibly offer you a job when you graduate because they already know how you work.

Advice to Management

Paying for parking really stinks, if you could pay for parking, or even include a stipend for parking I know that would really be appreciated. But also, knowing that you are going to be having interns for the summer, develop a list of things that can be done throughout the year, so that there is a plethora of tasks for interns to complete.