Volkswagon Group of America Internship Program

Intern at Volkswagon Group of America Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

I love my internship, this is my dream job
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to do what I have always wanted (work with cars)
Great team to work with
Excellent Pay
Interesting work
Rigorous Work

It being in Virginia, I would rather be on the West Coast

Be extremely knowledgeable about cars and the industry

Advice to Management

Nothing, everything has been excellent

I've had a great experience and I have learned many new things throughout the process of my internship
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Having a steady job as an intern, and receiving decent money

There is nothing that i dislike about my internship

It's a great place to start an internship at. The people are very friendly. I enjoy my job very much.

Fun, Challenging, and Rewarding Internship with an Exciting Company in the Automotive Industry
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

When I was an intern with Volkswagen I looked forward to my internship every day. The people at Volkswagen were wonderful - not only on the personal level but on the development support level as well. I was challenged with different projects and involved in every aspect of business. I was able to create reports/presentations that were actually used by my managers and saw this first hand in presentations with upper management or other stake holders such as the dealer council. I felt like my team members were genuinely interested in helping me to learn, get hands-on experience, and network within the company. When I applied to a full-time position, I was encouraged and supported by my managers. I learned a great deal while interning at VW and have applied that learning in my current role. I held three internships during my college career and this was by far the best and most rewarding. I still smile when thinking back on the whole experience.

I cannot honestly say that there is anything about the internship that I did not like. I met some of the most interesting and intelligent people I know, learned a great deal about the automotive industry, and had a lot of fun while working - it was a great experience!

Volkswagen Group of America - including all brands - is a wonderful place to be employed. The people that work here are amazing and helpful. They are genuinely interested in your success and what is best for the brand/company. Not only is it enjoyable working here, the product that you are working with is nothing short of amazing -- if you're a car person, this is definitely the place to be!

It was a great oppurtunity to see what a job with Volkswagen Group of America might be like when I graduated the following year.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to experience what a job would actually be like after graduating, it's great to be able to experience the job before being hired to judge how well you will fit in with the company and posistion.

Sometimes everyone else was so busy it was difficult to come across new task.

Volkswagen Group of America is a great company to work for and will you give you a chance to experience what it is like to work for an automaker and what actual goes on.

Advice to Management

All companies can do the above listed items to make their company a better place to work, but Volkswagen Group of America actually works on doing this things at a different level. We have different groups and oppurtunites for employees to make the workplace better for them everyday.

Work Hard, Play Harder!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect would have to be the input i put into specific projects and seeing the results of that input. It is very rewarding. Working with the cars is a blast. I have no complaints with that. Also, just seeing in general how to company functions was rewarding to witness.

there is definitely a steep learning curve. I got thrown into the fray and had to pick up certain programs and terminology quickly. I'm still learning everyday and i know that this is all part of the process.

When you come into the position, it will definitely be overwhelming at first. But a few days into it, it will start becoming second nature.

Advice to Management

Everything is well done, everyone is very helpful, and plentiful work hours. No complaints.

Interact, learn, and get hands on real world experience from Volkswagen Group of America Internship Program
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great flexible hours to work around my academic schedule and get necessary experience related to the field of study.

Difficult to find parking after certain hours which results in loss of productivity

Working with Volkswagen Group of America, I have learned a lot in just a short amount of time and continuing to do so. Knowledge and experience that I have gained is very helpful in the real world.

Advice to Management

As the amount of people in which the building occupies increase, buildings capacity of parking decreases. Resulting in needing to increasing parking space or building a parking structure.

Great Learning Experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to work with great peopl eand was exposed to many different levels within the organization. I was also given tasks that kept me busy and allowed me to learn and grow.

The career potential for the company is there, but there is not much guidance. The program was also not as structure as I would have liked (no group communication between interns).

Great people, great pay, and a growing company are benefits of this company.

Advice to Management

Increased training for interns, as well as increased intern to intern communication would be excellent.

6 month full of excitement and new experinces at Audi of America

workday experience, intercultural environment

I can't think about something I don't like.

excellent work environment, comfortable work atmosphere, good work equipment, fast integration into the team

Work that Only Sometimes Feels Like Work
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting exposure to the department that is the heart and soul of my favorite company in the industry for which I've had a passion my entire life was a dream come true. Ultimately, I doubt there is a better internship for somebody interested in the automotive landscape. Working at VWoA also gave me an understanding of the relationship between a subsidiary (VWoA) and its parent company (VWAG in Germany). My favorite part of the internship was getting to drive dozens of vehicles, VWs and those of competitors, and then taking my impressions and opinions of the vehicles back to my desk and applying it to my work.

While I enjoyed the vast majority of my time spent as an intern at VWoA, as somebody relocating form Pittsburgh, PA, starting out was difficult in that I had to move down here and find a place to live all in a matter of two weeks.

While earning a full time job offer somewhere in the company by the end of your internship is a strong probability, there is no full-time positon

International automotive experience

practical experience, networking

only 40 hours weekly working schedule

practical experience, diverse internships done in advance

Advice to Management

more hours to work, internship networking could be improved (only little things can improved in this case any more, it is already on a very high level)