Intern at Paramount Pictures Internship? Submit a Review

Fun, Freedom and Flexibility - What Can a Paramount Internship Give to You?

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

- exposure to the industry
- the amazing people I worked with
- the perks/benefits- screenings, volunteer days, free food,
- great office culture
- my own personal desk/workspace

- sometimes days were dull, meaning sometimes I would spend entire days working on 1 spreadsheet, but the end result was always worth it

- Be on top of your writing skills
- Flexibility is important, you need to be comfortable in a changing environment
- Stay positive
- If you want a full-time position, let your supervisor know before you graduate

Advice to Management

- A wrap party for all the interns!

- What is your favorite TV show
- Why do you want to work at Paramount
- What experience do you have in entertainment?

Best Internship for Learning About the Legal Aspects of Licensing Music for TV

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

There are so many great things about the internship. I've enjoyed all of the work I have been assigned, and really like the people I work with in the department. My boss has been great with any flexibility I need, and with making sure that I'm learning and doing things that I want.

Since I worked with TV, mostly, the middle of summer was slow for TV. With that being said, there was some downtime, but the downtime didn't bother me at all.

Paramount is pretty much everything you expect it to be. It's busy with a lot of different productions occurring. I would advise other interns to work hard and try and have relationships with coworkers that is more personal and goes further than just work. I became pretty close with my boss during my internship, and it has been awesome.

Incredible opportunity to immerse yourself in the studio and see what is happening under the hood.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to work with teams from different business units, as well as different intern teams.

10 weeks have flown by!

Network with company representatives from different business units to gain more clarity on what the typical day-to-day is like.

Networking, growing, and learning.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hands-on experience, great team members, coworkers open to networking and educating what their jobs entail. Amazing internship program, opportunities to network and hear from speakers from different departments in the industry.

Sometimes a lull in the amount of work given, felt a bit underpaid for the work done.

Be as prepared as possible, and dress for the job you want. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Advice to Management

Detailed information for orientation given farther in advance so people can plan accordingly.

"Tell us about yourself."
"Why do you want to work in our department?"

An amazing experience where interns get extremely hands-on with real projects that impact Paramounts business

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to lead or serve a role on working on real world impact projects that affect the overall financial performance of Paramount. The program also included many intern-only activities that really got the interns engaged with the whole studio and all of their divisions.

Honestly I didn't have any downsides to the program.

How broken up or detached some of the divisions are from others.

Advice to Management

N/A

Incredible hands on Strategy experience in the digital and business realm with a vivacious, creative company with development opportunities!

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Speaker series, genuine care, focus on growth and worker happiness, great employee engagement, and challenging but rewarding

I least like that it has to end.

Take every opportunity to network with outside executives; internships are meant to show you what you love or don't love and these people will help.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome employee engagement and development opportunities.

1. Who is someone you look up to, and why?
2. What is something you believe that no one else believes?
3. How do you make a meticulous task rewarding?

WORTH IT

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The job itself but also the amazing perks it offered.

I did not have a car so sometimes I would have to spend money on Uber when I couldn't find a ride.

Meet everyone you can!

Best job ever

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved everyone I worked with. They had me actually helping / doing important things. I was NOT getting coffee or doing errands. They did a lot of fun events for us. They had a TON of speaking events to help us meet new people and learn about other parts of the industry. LOTS of food.

Nothing. Everything was great!

Be a yes man and do everything you can.

Inspirational

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being on the oldest and last surviving studio lot in Hollywood and working with a great team

There were times I did not have much to do, but that was because my supervisor was busy at that time. So I would initiate my own projects. Which wasn't bad at all

I wish I knew the "hierarchy" of the different divisions and how each division contribute to the overall Paramount Pictures company

Advice to Management

Retain an alumnus class of interns

1. How will your past career experiences contribute to this current position?
2. Tell me about yourself.
3. What was (says specific item on resume) like?
5. Why Paramount Pictures?

Personalized. Recruiters here at Paramount were very helpful in pairing me up with an internship that would fit my skills/experience well.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The program is incredibly organized and allows for room for growth and development. The team I worked with was so sweet and treated me like a real employee, not just an intern.

Honestly there is not one thing I could pin point. I have had many internships in the past and this is by far the best of them all.

Be ready to network! I was not expecting all of the networking opportunities offered here and was slightly overwhelmed at first (not a bad thing, though!).

Why do you want to work at Paramount?