Nickelodeon Animation Studio Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #14 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

Nickeloden internship exceeded my expectations and would do it all over again in a heart beat!

Having one-on-one meetings with executives and with other employees in other departments.

Unavailability of job openings.

Strong work ethic

Advice to Management

None that I can think of.

Date: 2013

This internship is the job anyone could ever dream of having.

Meeting the people who are successful in the industry and them giving you advice and helping you succeed as much as they did. Everyone was super friendly and always willing to help.

There is nothing I did not like about the internship.

Always be grateful, friendly, polite, do your job, and take advantage of your time as an intern.

Advice to Management

I think more training in communication is really important in the industry. Whether it's in person, email, or phone calls, having manners or being polite is really significant.

Date: 2013

An Experience that you will never forget.

The work we had, the classes and the culture of the company. Everyone was so welcoming and nice. The ability to have meetings with people was nice as well.

I didn't like the lack of group events besides classes we had as interns. I would've liked more casual events. Also I would have liked the internship to be longer even though I did get to extend mine for 2-3 extra weeks.

Be flexiable. The company is very relaxed and they want to work with people they like. It's not super coporate which I loved.

Fantastic

Networking

Nothing - I loved it all

Everyone at the studio is always willing to sit down with you and help you learn.

Advice to Management

Paying interns would be great

Nickternally grateful

The real life experience and training, the Nicktern comradely and professionalism, and getting to meet and work with some of the most skilled artists and storytellers in the industry. Oh and the food!

That I was in the last unpaid intern class.

Nickelodeon is a network of creative fun-loving individuals bent on leading the way in kids television.

Advice to Management

Entry level compensation could be more competitive, as well as offering health opportunities like fitness classes.

Date: 2013

Work Hard and Receive the Best!

The networking opportunities and the classes.

I had a little too much down time.

Always be on time, act professional, and do whatever work your supervisor asks you to do even if you don't want to do it.

Advice to Management

Nothing, they're great!

Date: 2013

The best in depth experience at an animation studio you'll get!

Meeting with employees at the studio and the friendly and open environment.

The very small work space given to me and my internship partner.

Go in feeling confident. don't expect anyone to hand things to you, you need to break out of your shell, keep a professional attitude, and get to know as many employees as you can. Make real connections and friendships there.

Date: 2013

Nickelodeon Animation Studios: "Will Not Only Teach You, But Give You a Once in a Lifetime Experience."

The fact that we could interview a lot of people and that we were assigned work and not asked to just get coffee.

Everything was perfect.

Enjoy your time there. Do not feel pressure by other interns if they are doing more.

Advice to Management

Nothing.

Date: 2013

A great experience. Helps you with your present and future career.

The work environment, the people, it's all great.. They really appreciate and look out for the interns here. Many people, not only available, but wanting to mentor and guide you. Classes for interns that are fun and helpful. I don't think that I can ask for any more from an internship. A real life changing experience.

I couldn't stay any longer.

Be motivated, make sure you let everyone know that you are motivated to learn and work here.

Advice to Management

I don't think that I can ask for any more from Nickelodeon.

Date: 2013

A Stupendous Adventure Where Every Day I Learned, Was Challenged, & Was Happy Every Moment I Spent Working

I had many supervisors and they were all so nice, helpful, and willing to trust me with responsibility and teach me new things. I was able to work on a huge variety of shows and projects. And I got the chance to experience many aspects of the studio process and work with a lot of people in different areas that were willing to take time to meet with me. It was such a well-rounded and always enjoyable experience.

I wished it would have lasted longer. I loved it so much!

Whether you are making copies or attending a recording session you will love working here every minute of every day. I dreamed about working here, but could have never imagined just how wonderful it would actually be. In the last few weeks I have learned and grown so much. Every person I worked with, whether they were in my department or not, was extremely welcoming and willing to help me or talk to me.The skills I have acquired here are invaluable. And I feel like I am now much more prepared and confident about working in this field in my future career.

Advice to Management

Like I said before, an option to continue on with the internship for a longer period of time would be great. Perhaps having more intern classes during the day verses at night would be good too. But other than that I wouldn't change a thing.