Intern at Southwest Airlines NoLimits Internship Program? Submit a Review

The Best Experience a 20-something Could Ever Have

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the culture, the free flights, the responsibilities I was given, and the trust my team had in me. At Southwest I wasn't just doing trivial intern work; I was doing meaningful work and felt like I was really able to help make a difference. I learned more in my internship than I did in the entirety of college. Additionally, because of the free flights I was able to have a different adventure in a new city every weekend.

Sometimes my team was too busy to answer questions that I had, though in the end I think that because of this I ended up learning more by teaching myself.

Southwest Airlines is an amazing place to work. The people are great, the culture is phenomenal, and the work you will receive will make you feel like you are actually making a difference within the company. If you ever get the chance to work for this company you should absolutely say yes, because I can promise you you will not regret it.

Why Southwest?

Best Summer of your Life

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

quality of life, friendliness, hospitality, will to work with you one on one, free flights, real life job preiview

nothing everything was amazing

If you want to work one on one with the plane then this would be the engineering job for you. I would make engineering changes and see them worked on by mechanics.

An awesome internship that was full of real-life experiences. The flight benefits, culture, and work-life balance were awesome!

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flight-benefits, flexibility, culture, work-life balance, perks, networking opportunities, mentoring, awesome people, spending time in other departments for a day, and location.

Does not offer contingency plans.

Make sure to research Southwest Airlines' history and culture. The culture is a very important part that they look for in their candidates.

The flight of your life

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flight benefits were great. The culture was the best I have ever worked at. The work was exciting and got to be actively involved in the engineering of SWA. Working in the hanger was awesome.

The pay was very low (One of my supervisors said she made the same pay as me about 20 years ago). The flight benefits were advertised as a benefit, however, when we started they described them more as a privilege.

The work and the company far exceeded my expectations. The things that I did not have high expectations for (the pay and the availability of the flights for the flight benefits) were what I expected.

Advice to Management

Increase the pay. I turned down another offer that was almost double the pay so that I could have the experience. That being said, I don't think you really want the people there working that are just looking to have a fun time but rather people that want to work as well.