Intern at Southwest Airlines NoLimits Internship Program? Submit a Review

Best Summer of your Life

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

quality of life, friendliness, hospitality, will to work with you one on one, free flights, real life job preiview

nothing everything was amazing

If you want to work one on one with the plane then this would be the engineering job for you. I would make engineering changes and see them worked on by mechanics.

The Best Experience a 20-something Could Ever Have

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the culture, the free flights, the responsibilities I was given, and the trust my team had in me. At Southwest I wasn't just doing trivial intern work; I was doing meaningful work and felt like I was really able to help make a difference. I learned more in my internship than I did in the entirety of college. Additionally, because of the free flights I was able to have a different adventure in a new city every weekend.

Sometimes my team was too busy to answer questions that I had, though in the end I think that because of this I ended up learning more by teaching myself.

Southwest Airlines is an amazing place to work. The people are great, the culture is phenomenal, and the work you will receive will make you feel like you are actually making a difference within the company. If you ever get the chance to work for this company you should absolutely say yes, because I can promise you you will not regret it.

Why Southwest?

An awesome internship that was full of real-life experiences. The flight benefits, culture, and work-life balance were awesome!

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flight-benefits, flexibility, culture, work-life balance, perks, networking opportunities, mentoring, awesome people, spending time in other departments for a day, and location.

Does not offer contingency plans.

Make sure to research Southwest Airlines' history and culture. The culture is a very important part that they look for in their candidates.

The flight of your life

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flight benefits were great. The culture was the best I have ever worked at. The work was exciting and got to be actively involved in the engineering of SWA. Working in the hanger was awesome.

The pay was very low (One of my supervisors said she made the same pay as me about 20 years ago). The flight benefits were advertised as a benefit, however, when we started they described them more as a privilege.

The work and the company far exceeded my expectations. The things that I did not have high expectations for (the pay and the availability of the flights for the flight benefits) were what I expected.

Advice to Management

Increase the pay. I turned down another offer that was almost double the pay so that I could have the experience. That being said, I don't think you really want the people there working that are just looking to have a fun time but rather people that want to work as well.

Great experience. My boss consistently challenges (but does not overwhelm) me, meets with me regularly to discuss my strengths/weaknesses.

People. Projects.

I don't like Dallas.

Focus on others.

Advice to Management

Nothing.

A great opportunity to experience the culture of Southwest and the products that they deliver

Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

given real work to handle

I enjoyed all the work I was given and was always treated with respect

Great culture, great attitude. There was an exceptional level of respect for the interns.

Advice to Management

Offer more leadership training and provide more events to mingle and see what the other interns are responsible for

The flight of your life

Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to fly free, experiencing the culture, and the people.

It seemed a little short, but they do offer the fall and spring internship which is longer.

Be yourself and show your fun-luving attitude, servants hear, and warriors spirit. If you can show those things and be yourself then you will be fine.

Intern lands amazing job due to Southwest!

Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on everything and being part of the team!

Leaving. :(

Work hard, and enjoy every moment.

Advice to Management

Give me alerts when another job opens up!

Fun, crazy and learning ride!

Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The program in general is great. I enjoyed the planned social events to get to know the other interns. The planned volunteering and the events in which we were able to see what the other interns had accomplished. I also loved the travel benefits.

The size and complexity of the organization is a lot to take in at first. It takes truly a few months, if not longer, to understand Southwest, the industry and where Southwest fits into the industry.

Learn as much as you can, it is truly very interesting. Also travel as much as possible to take full advantage of the flights. This experience is truly different than any other internship you could have.

Best internship ever!

Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the envronment, and the experience.

I have no answer to this, I liked everything.

Please be yourself and do your homework