Southwest Airlines NoLimits Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #9 Best Internships for Marketing & Communications Majors

Date: 2013

Fun, crazy and learning ride!

The program in general is great. I enjoyed the planned social events to get to know the other interns. The planned volunteering and the events in which we were able to see what the other interns had accomplished. I also loved the travel benefits.

The size and complexity of the organization is a lot to take in at first. It takes truly a few months, if not longer, to understand Southwest, the industry and where Southwest fits into the industry.

Learn as much as you can, it is truly very interesting. Also travel as much as possible to take full advantage of the flights. This experience is truly different than any other internship you could have.

Date: 2013

A great time with great people

The flight benefits and the company culture

The pay was a little too low

This is a fantastic place to work and a great experience. I definitely recommend it.

Advice to Management

Offer higher pay for Technology interns to remain competitive.

Date: 2013

only opperturnity to learn and grow

hands on work experience

leaving the amazing company

its a great place to work for.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Date: 2013

A great opportunity to experience the culture of Southwest and the products that they deliver

given real work to handle

I enjoyed all the work I was given and was always treated with respect

Great culture, great attitude. There was an exceptional level of respect for the interns.

Advice to Management

Offer more leadership training and provide more events to mingle and see what the other interns are responsible for

Date: 2013

Southwest internship develops culture, kindness, and experience in intern. Jobs await.

Inclusion! Southwest is the best at inclusion, and working on real projects. I was able to work on real projects I would be doing if I was in the enty level position. This made it the best experience I have had at any company!

How much I am going to miss the people, and the culture of Southwest. I may never find a place who loves make work as a fun place as does Southwest!

This place puts you in the job, and lets you do the work you would if you had a full time position here. This is my second internship at Southwest, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. This place treats its people as they are real and has a much kinder and thoughful culture than any organization you will find. That culture comes from the top to the bottom.

Advice to Management

Thanks for such an amazing internship! Please, Please PLEASE, make a place where an auto email gets sent out from Southwest.com that emails a person if a job opens up in a department they are interested in. I would love to make it back here someday.

Date: 2013

Great work environment and learned alot

-Real world experience -Work environment was great -Great people -Amazing company

Everything was great

It is a great company to work for and they really help you get the experience you need.

Advice to Management

I think management has done a great job

Date: 2013

Intern lands amazing job due to Southwest!

Working on everything and being part of the team!

Leaving. :(

Work hard, and enjoy every moment.

Advice to Management

Give me alerts when another job opens up!

Date: 2013

Southwest Gives the Flight of a Lifetime: Amazing Culture, Great Experience and Free Travel

I felt like I was able to make an impact on my entire Department with every project that I worked on. Of course, one of the best perks was the ability to travel domestically for free.

I had a lot of free time. My Leader definitely kept me as busy as possible, but with the reorganization of some Departments, the interns got less work. It was definitely the timing of the internship and reorganization of that caused the lack of responsibilities.

The environment here is amazing. I have never seen another Company care this much for their Employees, let alone their interns. I was constantly in awe of how accommodating each Employee is. They really love the internship program and Employees see how important it is to the Company. They care about you long after you are gone as well.

Advice to Management

The environment here is amazing! The compensation compared to hours worked and free flights is definitely fair. As far as Employee retention and promotion policies, they try their best to promote internally and hire people into entry-level positions. The diversity here is amazing and Southwest definitely has a universally accepting environment.

The flight of your life

Being able to fly free, experiencing the culture, and the people.

It seemed a little short, but they do offer the fall and spring internship which is longer.

Be yourself and show your fun-luving attitude, servants hear, and warriors spirit. If you can show those things and be yourself then you will be fine.

Date: 2013

Saddle up for a ride of your lifetime!

Benefits, challenges, family atmosphere, paid, many team building activities

Could be paid more

Take chances and try things you've never done before!

Advice to Management

none