Southwest Airlines NoLimits Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #9 Best Internships for Marketing & Communications Majors

Date: 2013

only opperturnity to learn and grow

hands on work experience

leaving the amazing company

its a great place to work for.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Date: 2013

A great time with great people

The flight benefits and the company culture

The pay was a little too low

This is a fantastic place to work and a great experience. I definitely recommend it.

Advice to Management

Offer higher pay for Technology interns to remain competitive.

Date: 2013

Fun, crazy and learning ride!

The program in general is great. I enjoyed the planned social events to get to know the other interns. The planned volunteering and the events in which we were able to see what the other interns had accomplished. I also loved the travel benefits.

The size and complexity of the organization is a lot to take in at first. It takes truly a few months, if not longer, to understand Southwest, the industry and where Southwest fits into the industry.

Learn as much as you can, it is truly very interesting. Also travel as much as possible to take full advantage of the flights. This experience is truly different than any other internship you could have.

Date: 2013

A great opportunity to experience the culture of Southwest and the products that they deliver

given real work to handle

I enjoyed all the work I was given and was always treated with respect

Great culture, great attitude. There was an exceptional level of respect for the interns.

Advice to Management

Offer more leadership training and provide more events to mingle and see what the other interns are responsible for

Experience of a Lifetime

You understand what it takes to keep a company very successful, while building experience at a great Airline.

I would possibly have liked to seen a few days of on-the-job training to get oriented with the role of the department, and the short-term goals of the Flight Operations area.

If you would like to work at a company that takes care of itself, and cares about each person, then pick SWA! The team concept is seen here everyday, and you will love to wake up and come to work everyday.

Date: 2013

Incredible experience with a company that provides unmatched benefits for interns, extensive learning opportunities, and FUN culture

Ability to network and meet senior leaders, free flight benefits, flexible hours, great work environment

Pay is a little low compared to other FORTUNE 500 companies

Southwest is ranked among the World's Most Admired Companies and Best Places to Work. Their ranking is a direct result of incredible Employees, good benefits, and their famous Culture

Advice to Management

Pay is below-average for FORTUNE 500 companies. I would like to see more benefits around health and wellness

Date: 2013

Great experience. My boss consistently challenges (but does not overwhelm) me, meets with me regularly to discuss my strengths/weaknesses.

People. Projects.

I don't like Dallas.

Focus on others.

Advice to Management

Nothing.

Date: 2013

Southwest internship develops culture, kindness, and experience in intern. Jobs await.

Inclusion! Southwest is the best at inclusion, and working on real projects. I was able to work on real projects I would be doing if I was in the enty level position. This made it the best experience I have had at any company!

How much I am going to miss the people, and the culture of Southwest. I may never find a place who loves make work as a fun place as does Southwest!

This place puts you in the job, and lets you do the work you would if you had a full time position here. This is my second internship at Southwest, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. This place treats its people as they are real and has a much kinder and thoughful culture than any organization you will find. That culture comes from the top to the bottom.

Advice to Management

Thanks for such an amazing internship! Please, Please PLEASE, make a place where an auto email gets sent out from Southwest.com that emails a person if a job opens up in a department they are interested in. I would love to make it back here someday.

There are No Limits to the possibilities at Southwest Airlines

I think the most valuable part of the internship was being able to connect with so many different sides of a business. I got to meet interns and professionals alike from finance, human resources, revenue, and even some aviation junkies. It was a great way to network across multiple career paths, rather than only be surrounded by interns exactly like myself.

I think the only downside (and this is a stretch, because I really can't think of anything I didn't enjoy) would be that I know some of the interns struggled with an imbalance in workload. Some were less busy than others and I think it would have been better to try and keep everyone around the same level responsibility-wise.

There's nothing smart about passing up an opportunity to work for one of the most heralded and respected companies in America. Great place to start your career, you can only go up from here!

Advice to Management

Southwest treats their employees better than anyone in the business and they know it. No advice here.

Date: 2013

The most fun you never wanna leave

Knowledge in the field Meeting a variety of people the culture of the company non-reving

I felt as if i was not used to my full ability

Be yourself, and be prepared to work hard, but play way harder.

Advice to Management

Let your interns dig into a specific subject more, rather than do busy work.