Intern at Southwest Airlines Campus Reach Internship Program? Submit a Review

Earn Your Wings with Southwest Airlines

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

My team and coworkers, the company culture, and willingness to help interns succeed.

The slight stress of finding a full-time job with the Company.

I would advise them to truly study the company and its culture before the interview.

Advice to Management

Give returning interns a raise in pay.

What did you learn in your major/college classes that you can bring to this internship?

Best Company, Best Internship, Best People.

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at Southwest is unrivaled and the opportunities given to interns are incredibly useful, real-life learning experiences.

That it's over. I loved everything about this internship!

Be yourself and jump in head first. Whether you're trying to get a job at Southwest Airlines or you've just received the job offer, do not be timid. The sooner you can build relationships at this company, the sooner you will flourish.

Advice to Management

Recruiting efforts could be widened to more colleges. In my experience, I only heard about this internship through friends who had previously interned.

Why do you want to work for Southwest Airlines? What college classes have you taken that will help you excel in this job? What's been your favorite college course? Why did you decide to become a pilot? Do you know what an SMS is? If we called your previous employer, what would they say is your weak point?

SWAwesome place to work!

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, learning opportunities, free travel, opportunity to get hired full time and networking

Nothing! wish pay was a little higher but the free travel makes up for it!

Do your research before the interview, be yourself and never take yourself too seriously! The company appreciates if you reach out to the Team and show your interest beforehand. Never give up applying! They will do their best to find a position that's perfect for you.

Advice to Management

Flexibility of working from home more often

Why southwest?
How many tennis balls can fit into a 737?
How many vending machines are in HDQ?
What is your favorite Taylor Swift song?
How would people describe you?
What role do you typically have in group projects?

Greatest career development opportunity available

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Free flights, strong company culture, relevant work experience, ability to explore all positions, inclusive environment, people go out of their way to help, everyone is interested in you personally and your personal career

Some work can be tedious

Everything they say about valuing their culture is relevant in your day-to-day work environment. You need to have a can do attitude and do your best to reach out for more assignments and volunteer yourself to do everything you can handle and deliver top of the line results with a top of the line attitude

What is the most difficult semester you have had and what did you do to get through it?
What are your top 3 strengths? Why?
What is your weakness?

Who would want to work any other way?!

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture of the company and the team I worked with, the perks, the learning benefits, the people I was able to meet, I loved that they had an open door policy, the challenges that were given to me.

N/A it challenged me to become better in the field I was working in and I could also relate what I was doing to my school work.

You can dress casual even though it is the Head quarters

amazing opportunity to learn and travel

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

free flights, company culture, learn so much about the airline industry and about the specific field you are interning for. work with great people and you make lifelong friends

the pay was low

attitude is the most important thing. if you have a good attitude and you are willing to learn you will fit right in

Advice to Management

I think pay should be a little higher as it can be hard for people who move out of state for the internship.

why southwest?

Not sure

Traveling every weekend!

Sometimes I felt as if the Campus Reach program was too 'fun' and not enough business.

I was given a fulltime offer but not many others were. At the beginning of the program they make it seem like there are a lot of opportunities for employment at the end of the internship but quite honestly there were very few. Don't go into the internship expecting a job out of it immediately.

fun, lively environment where everything is tailored towards your betterment

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Friendly people, always trying to help interns learn and grow, free flight benefits

No option for housing if you move from another state

Be yourself and don't be afraid to brag about what you know. They may place you in a position you didnt apply to but they see as a good fit.

Greatest people, greatest opportunity, greatest people.

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people at Southwest Airlines really want to get to know you as a new member of their family. They will also bend over backwards to help you develop your future career.

I cannot think of a single thing I didn't love about this internship.

There's a reason all the Southwest Airlines employees love coming to work and it's because this is an incredible company to work for. The culture is unrivaled!

Advice to Management

As a Flight Operations intern, I would've like to ride the jump seat on a real trip. I know for a fact that United Airlines allows their interns one jump seat experience. I asked for this privilege during my internship and was turned down. :/

Why do you want to work for Southwest Airlines? What college course have you taken that has prepared you for this specific internship? Do you know what SMS is? What is your biggest weakness?

Inspirational

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning a lot from experienced veterans and applying the knowledge from school.

Opportunity to cooperate with people from other teams and less chances of sponsorship for international students.

Practice fluent communication skills and be professional. Also be open minded to new stuff.