Southwest Airlines NoLimits Internship Program

The Best Experience a 20-something Could Ever Have
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the culture, the free flights, the responsibilities I was given, and the trust my team had in me. At Southwest I wasn't just doing trivial intern work; I was doing meaningful work and felt like I was really able to help make a difference. I learned more in my internship than I did in the entirety of college. Additionally, because of the free flights I was able to have a different adventure in a new city every weekend.

Sometimes my team was too busy to answer questions that I had, though in the end I think that because of this I ended up learning more by teaching myself.

Southwest Airlines is an amazing place to work. The people are great, the culture is phenomenal, and the work you will receive will make you feel like you are actually making a difference within the company. If you ever get the chance to work for this company you should absolutely say yes, because I can promise you you will not regret it.

Why Southwest?

Best Summer of your Life
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

quality of life, friendliness, hospitality, will to work with you one on one, free flights, real life job preiview

nothing everything was amazing

If you want to work one on one with the plane then this would be the engineering job for you. I would make engineering changes and see them worked on by mechanics.

An awesome internship that was full of real-life experiences. The flight benefits, culture, and work-life balance were awesome!
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flight-benefits, flexibility, culture, work-life balance, perks, networking opportunities, mentoring, awesome people, spending time in other departments for a day, and location.

Does not offer contingency plans.

Make sure to research Southwest Airlines' history and culture. The culture is a very important part that they look for in their candidates.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

The flight of your life
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flight benefits were great. The culture was the best I have ever worked at. The work was exciting and got to be actively involved in the engineering of SWA. Working in the hanger was awesome.

The pay was very low (One of my supervisors said she made the same pay as me about 20 years ago). The flight benefits were advertised as a benefit, however, when we started they described them more as a privilege.

The work and the company far exceeded my expectations. The things that I did not have high expectations for (the pay and the availability of the flights for the flight benefits) were what I expected.

Advice to Management

Increase the pay. I turned down another offer that was almost double the pay so that I could have the experience. That being said, I don't think you really want the people there working that are just looking to have a fun time but rather people that want to work as well.

Southwest Airlines: A true internship with no limits.
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Travel, experience, culture, company unity, people.

Dallas heat.

Be ready to work hard and play hard.

Fun, crazy and learning ride!
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The program in general is great. I enjoyed the planned social events to get to know the other interns. The planned volunteering and the events in which we were able to see what the other interns had accomplished. I also loved the travel benefits.

The size and complexity of the organization is a lot to take in at first. It takes truly a few months, if not longer, to understand Southwest, the industry and where Southwest fits into the industry.

Learn as much as you can, it is truly very interesting. Also travel as much as possible to take full advantage of the flights. This experience is truly different than any other internship you could have.

Southwest Gives the Flight of a Lifetime: Amazing Culture, Great Experience and Free Travel
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt like I was able to make an impact on my entire Department with every project that I worked on. Of course, one of the best perks was the ability to travel domestically for free.

I had a lot of free time. My Leader definitely kept me as busy as possible, but with the reorganization of some Departments, the interns got less work. It was definitely the timing of the internship and reorganization of that caused the lack of responsibilities.

The environment here is amazing. I have never seen another Company care this much for their Employees, let alone their interns. I was constantly in awe of how accommodating each Employee is. They really love the internship program and Employees see how important it is to the Company. They care about you long after you are gone as well.

Advice to Management

The environment here is amazing! The compensation compared to hours worked and free flights is definitely fair. As far as Employee retention and promotion policies, they try their best to promote internally and hire people into entry-level positions. The diversity here is amazing and Southwest definitely has a universally accepting environment.

The most fun you never wanna leave

Knowledge in the field

Meeting a variety of people

the culture of the company

non-reving

I felt as if i was not used to my full ability

Be yourself, and be prepared to work hard, but play way harder.

Advice to Management

Let your interns dig into a specific subject more, rather than do busy work.

The flight of your life
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to fly free, experiencing the culture, and the people.

It seemed a little short, but they do offer the fall and spring internship which is longer.

Be yourself and show your fun-luving attitude, servants hear, and warriors spirit. If you can show those things and be yourself then you will be fine.

Intern lands amazing job due to Southwest!
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on everything and being part of the team!

Leaving. :(

Work hard, and enjoy every moment.

Advice to Management

Give me alerts when another job opens up!

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)