Southwest Airlines NoLimits Internship Program

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 322 Intern Reviews)

The Best Experience a 20-something Could Ever Have
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the culture, the free flights, the responsibilities I was given, and the trust my team had in me. At Southwest I wasn't just doing trivial intern work; I was doing meaningful work and felt like I was really able to help make a difference. I learned more in my internship than I did in the entirety of college. Additionally, because of the free flights I was able to have a different adventure in a new city every weekend.

Sometimes my team was too busy to answer questions that I had, though in the end I think that because of this I ended up learning more by teaching myself.

Southwest Airlines is an amazing place to work. The people are great, the culture is phenomenal, and the work you will receive will make you feel like you are actually making a difference within the company. If you ever get the chance to work for this company you should absolutely say yes, because I can promise you you will not regret it.

Why Southwest?

Best Summer of your Life
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

quality of life, friendliness, hospitality, will to work with you one on one, free flights, real life job preiview

nothing everything was amazing

If you want to work one on one with the plane then this would be the engineering job for you. I would make engineering changes and see them worked on by mechanics.

An awesome internship that was full of real-life experiences. The flight benefits, culture, and work-life balance were awesome!
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flight-benefits, flexibility, culture, work-life balance, perks, networking opportunities, mentoring, awesome people, spending time in other departments for a day, and location.

Does not offer contingency plans.

Make sure to research Southwest Airlines' history and culture. The culture is a very important part that they look for in their candidates.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

The flight of your life
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flight benefits were great. The culture was the best I have ever worked at. The work was exciting and got to be actively involved in the engineering of SWA. Working in the hanger was awesome.

The pay was very low (One of my supervisors said she made the same pay as me about 20 years ago). The flight benefits were advertised as a benefit, however, when we started they described them more as a privilege.

The work and the company far exceeded my expectations. The things that I did not have high expectations for (the pay and the availability of the flights for the flight benefits) were what I expected.

Advice to Management

Increase the pay. I turned down another offer that was almost double the pay so that I could have the experience. That being said, I don't think you really want the people there working that are just looking to have a fun time but rather people that want to work as well.

Southwest Airlines: A true internship with no limits.
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Travel, experience, culture, company unity, people.

Dallas heat.

Be ready to work hard and play hard.

The Flight of My Life
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing culture and people. Awesome work oppertunities. Worked on great things.

This section is not applicable

Southwest Airlines is not like any other company out there.

There are No Limits to the possibilities at Southwest Airlines
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think the most valuable part of the internship was being able to connect with so many different sides of a business. I got to meet interns and professionals alike from finance, human resources, revenue, and even some aviation junkies. It was a great way to network across multiple career paths, rather than only be surrounded by interns exactly like myself.

I think the only downside (and this is a stretch, because I really can't think of anything I didn't enjoy) would be that I know some of the interns struggled with an imbalance in workload. Some were less busy than others and I think it would have been better to try and keep everyone around the same level responsibility-wise.

There's nothing smart about passing up an opportunity to work for one of the most heralded and respected companies in America. Great place to start your career, you can only go up from here!

Advice to Management

Southwest treats their employees better than anyone in the business and they know it. No advice here.

The most fun you never wanna leave

Knowledge in the field

Meeting a variety of people

the culture of the company

non-reving

I felt as if i was not used to my full ability

Be yourself, and be prepared to work hard, but play way harder.

Advice to Management

Let your interns dig into a specific subject more, rather than do busy work.

Fun, crazy and learning ride!
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The program in general is great. I enjoyed the planned social events to get to know the other interns. The planned volunteering and the events in which we were able to see what the other interns had accomplished. I also loved the travel benefits.

The size and complexity of the organization is a lot to take in at first. It takes truly a few months, if not longer, to understand Southwest, the industry and where Southwest fits into the industry.

Learn as much as you can, it is truly very interesting. Also travel as much as possible to take full advantage of the flights. This experience is truly different than any other internship you could have.

Best internship ever!
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the envronment, and the experience.

I have no answer to this, I liked everything.

Please be yourself and do your homework

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)