Southwest Airlines NoLimits Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #9 Best Internships for Marketing & Communications Majors

Intern at Southwest Airlines NoLimits Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

A home away from home
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The Corporate Culture, the people I was priveledged to work with.

I cant think of anything

Network, network, network

Pack your bags, and get ready to have a blast!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The travel benefits were amazing. The interns would travel to a different city every weekend.

I can't think of anything I did not like. Southwest was/is amazing!

If you like to travel and are outgoing, Southwest would be a great fit.

Flight of My Life
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interning at SWA is the experience of a lifetime. The internship experience granted me TONS of real world experience as well as memories for a lifetime. I was assigned projects that were applicable to my professional interests and see my work in action. I planned the Intern Servant's Heart Event at Goodwill, created a new NoLimits recruiting brochure (that SWA used on MY campus), and researched universities that SWA should rech out to. While we worked hard during the week, we got to travel around the country FOR FREE on the weekends. I visited friends all over the US and made some new ones along the way. It truly was the experience of a lifetime.

While the pay is not as competitive as other offers, flight benefits can be valued over $10,000.

SWA invests in their employees AND their Interns. As an intern, had the opportunity to sit in on meetings and interviews. Each department hosts a Day in the Field in order to allow the Interns to understand what each department does at SWA.

The greatest internship program in the Country.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Relevant projects and assignments.

The separation between full-time employees and interns.

Continue to apply and look for networking opportunities.

Advancement in career field thoroughly enjoyed. Experience obtained.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Some of the best aspects of the internship was the ability to work with other people in the career field that I am trying to get into. Others include the culture of the company and people within in which make the company as a whole one of the best in the world.

I cannot think of anything that I did not enjoy about the internship.

Enjoy every second of it and make relationships that will last far beyond the internship.

Advice to Management

I feel that the company I worked for have done a great job in every aspect.

Doing meaningful and real work while LUVing your job
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated like an Employee not just an intern and was given real projects to work on and felt valued.

I was the only intern in the Training Department where as other departments had several, but there were still numerous opportunities to get to know the other interns.

Make sure that you truly understand the culture and that Southwest looks for a Warrior Spirit, Servant's Heart and Fun LUVing Attitude and be sure to stress that in the interviews and application.

Advice to Management

The intern program is so large that it would be nice if more interns were hired, yet I realize that since the program is large that is difficult.

There truly are no limits at Southwest Airlines.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to work on a team of ridiculously talented storytellers/visual artists, and travel across the country with such a vibrant company.

I LUV it here.

Southwest has typical corporate jobs, but its work environment is far superior to anywhere else I've ever experienced. The people are what make this a wonderful company to work for. The travel benefits are a close second.

Excellent learning opportunity at a Company with the best Culture around
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Collaboration between departments; culture and perks; opportunities to network; opportunities to innovate and make suggestions

Can't focus on getting hired full-time until about halfway through

I work in Customer Service and I look forward to coming to work everyday. I get lots of opportunities to use my creative side and solve problems in an innovative way. I can't recommend Southwest enough.

Learn and Grow

The Culture, Professionalism, and Fun Luving attitude

no Comments

Southwest is the place to work for

The best internship ever!!!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was very enthusiastic to not only get career experience in my field but also experience the FUN-LUVing culture at Southwest Airlines.

Nothing

Working at Southwest Airlines allows you to explore a variety of career options and get experience in your field.

Advice to Management

It is the one of the best places to work, I can't think of anything to make it a better place to work.