Intern at NASA Langley Aerospace Research Student Scholars (LARSS) Research Internship Program? Submit a Review

Molding Students into Well-Rounded Individuals

Flexible hours

Relaxed environment

Not enough space for stuents

Great place to work, many opportunities, teaches soft skills as one develops technical skills

Great mentor plus a great opportunity equals a fantastic summer.

Hampton, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to work in something unexpected, and get paid to do it! Plus it's NASA and that's killer on your resume.

I really didn't like how disorganized it felt sometimes. There are many things that we are required to attend but there's little notice sometimes.

Go for it. There's no reason to not apply.

Advice to Management

In my department, there are few females.

LARSS STUDENTS FIGHT THR BATTLE AGAINST ENVIRONMENTAL AEROSOLS & DISCOVERS A BREAKTHROUGH

Hampton, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, welcoming environment when working with the new team

Too much intern bonding

NASA's LARSS program gives an incredible opportunities to students across the nation. The students participating are incredibly lucky to be working with such great and influential teams conducting research that may change the world

Advice to Management

Try not to force the interns to meet every single week when we don't have a lot of time in our labs to finish our research by the end of the summer

Working the business and planning side of NASA

Hampton, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking with other students and employees. Own office. Great office mates. Interested in what I do.

Temperature control in the office was terrible. Some communication issues.

Everyone is so open and helpful throughout the department. Never be afraid to ask for help.

Advice to Management

Reminders could be sent out earlier

Learning and experiencing new things from start to end in an almost perfect internship program.

Hampton, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved the lectures and all the events the program held as a group. I really loved the work schedule; there were no specific time you HAD to be into work, as long as you got your work done and completed four hundred hours by the end. I was able to work extra some days and less others. I loved seeing real engineers at work and attending bi weekly project meetings.

I wish there were more program events: tours in particular.

Be open minded, approach new faces, and take risks.

Advice to Management

There really isn't anything I can complain about. I had a great experience.

Fun, knowledgeable, excitement

Hampton, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like having the opportunity to be involved in real world math and science projects. I was able to apply concepts I have already learn and also learn new ones. The whole experience has been very rewarding.

There wasn't anything in particular that I didn't like.

This was my first internship, and it was very enjoyable. I have learned a lot through this experience and been able to able topics I have learned in college.

My wonderful experience here at NASA!

Hampton, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with an actual accountant and seeing what he does on a daily basis.

Nothing, everything was great !

Research Nasa before coming here & do something thats affiliated with NASA . For example, volunteer at the Air and Space Museum,

Advice to Management

Diversity

A great opportunity to stretch your potential and learn new areas of research.

Hampton, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Challenging/rewarding work. Friendly atmosphere. Constructive criticism from mentor. Mentor and other professionals had deep enthusiasm to help me understand concepts.

I wish it was longer. Also, I know some of my friends were not challenged by their assignment and completed early and were given only little assignments for the duration of the summer. This would have been unfavorable for me, had I been in their situation.

Consider the countless projects and networking opportunities to which you could be exposed at a NASA center.

Advice to Management

I would suggest the possibility of providing a one day mentor training for new mentors. This will give them some footing in what to expect and how to best manage their intern before the intern arrives. In this way, the mentor can best utilize the skills of the mentee and the mentee feels more connected to his or her mentor.

Research always requires analysis and analysis requires much more analysis.

Hampton, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

My research group and meeting/bonding with other interns

I loved everything about my internship.

NASA LaRC is a really great place to work. The people are very friendly and helpful. The work atmosphere is incredibly enjoyable.

Advice to Management

N?A

A fantastic experience to work with skilled individuals to develop my skills in my further education and career.

Hampton, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The group that I worked with and my mentors.

I can't say I disliked anything.

NASA Langley is a fantastic organization to work for. I can't say enough about how amazing the employees are and the amount of hard work that they put into the organization.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't offer any other advice because it's already a wonderful place to work.