Intern at NASA Langley Aerospace Research Student Scholars (LARSS) Research Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Average Student Accepted Into NASA's World of Engineers
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to get a taste of the type of job I might want to have was by far the best and most important part of the internship. Logistically, the flexible hours was incredibly helpful when trying to juggle classes during the internship.

At times the work was slow and boring. I occasionally wished I could work on a more "important" or engaging project but I am not disappointing in the time I spent there.

If you can get in, get in. NASA is a wonderful place to work and I would not have missed my opportunity to do so for the world. Even my worst experiences were still valuable learning opportunities.

Advice to Management

The first few weeks of my internship, I was without a desk or office. It would be better if the process were better organized so something like this didn't happen. Really though everything was very nice in the building I worked in. Everyone was very open to questions and happy to explain things and help with any problems I had.

Internship that is Fun, Satisfying, and Opens Doors
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Bonding with the other interns was a wonderful experience. Not only was it a meaningful experience to me and everyone involved, but we will also have strong connections across companies and industries as we enter the workforce.

I cannot think of anything about the internship that I liked only a little.

This program really takes care of the interns. Each intern is assigned a mentor, who he or she works under closely to develop his or her skills. Additionally, the internship program features events designed to develop interns professionally as well as technically.

Was a great experience where I learned things that I did not know and could apply my knowledge.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Efective communication with my mentor.

I liked everything.

Persons that I worked have a great potential.

Advice to Management

No comments.

Applying theoretical controls to real-life situations
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like the work-place environment. People work together but also independently. I just liked the atmosphere in general.

The emphasis on publications did not excite me.

Great work-place environment, exciting work topics with a variety of interesting topics to please anyone, good place to work!

Advice to Management

ensure job security and funding

When interning with NASA, you're not just another intern, you're an integral and respected employee team member.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated like a knowledgeable employee, and I had my own tasks and projects. I wasn't working for someone or making coffee runs. I was able to really discover how much I could do and share ideas with a team of NASA employees, branch heads, and even other companies. The experience was surreal, and I would definitely do it again. I loved the environment and the people, and I learned, saw, and did so much more than I ever imagined being possible in my career life much less an internship. It was truly an educational and inspiring position.

The worst part about the internship was that it ended.

Selecting employees from this internship would be a smart decision. Interns that participate in the program are not just interns, they are true workers. If they can handle the internship and excel in it, they will excel in the workforce as well.

Opportunity Offered. Expectations Exceeded. Experienced Gained.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentors willing to help me succeed
Helpful program staff
Interesting work

Nothing. I loved it!

The people are helpful. The work is interesting. The work environment is great. It's a wonderful place!

The most rewarding summer at NASA Langley
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentor is very educational, an expert in his field.
We were able to talk about both technical subject matter and about general advice for career development, personal growth etc.
I had an excellent Mentor.

Only 10 weeks, I would have liked to stay longer!

Great place to build a career.

An exciting exploration of real-world engineering research dealing with state of the art ideas and techniques under the guidance of a mentor
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experiences I gained along with the contacts I made. I feel ready to enter the world of research and have decided to pursue a PhD, and I hope to maintain the many friends and colleagues I met while at NASA Langley.

Nothing. It was great. I suppose it could have been longer! But I had to head back to school.

This internship is an excellent opportunity to get real-world experience and training in research of all kinds. There are so many topics to chose from being worked on at NASA Langley that you can surely find something that excites you. The people are all great, and the Office of Education responsible for the LARSS program work tirelessly to make the experience excellent and ensure that you walk away with a growing network of people in the NASA pipeline.

Advice to Management

Encourage more advanced work. I found that I was able to get much more out of the internship because I was expected to great things. I feel that some students enter realizing that they may not be pushed to their maximum potential and thus fall short.

System Software and Electrical Engineer Experience are the most important factor of my professional experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hand on a real project Experiance

Nothing everything had so much advantages

If the Intern shows interest to become a profesional but dosent have any experience give them a oportunity.

Advice to Management

The day by day meeting to analyze what is have to be done in each jobs is always a great factor to improve in work

Work with NASA researchers!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to work with NASA researchers

Cafeteria is very outdated (only accepts cash, food choices aren't exciting)

There are higher-paying, more exciting internships out there, but if you're between freshman and sophomore years or between sophomore and junior years I think this would be a great opportunity for you.