NASA Langley Aerospace Research Student Scholars (LARSS) Research Internship Program

Expericing the Unkown

I was exposed to several aspects of the workforce.

much of the time was spent on research rather than hands on.

lifetime changing experience

Advice to Management

n/a

Molding Students into Well-Rounded Individuals

Flexible hours Relaxed environment

Not enough space for stuents

Great place to work, many opportunities, teaches soft skills as one develops technical skills

Date: 2013

Learning and experiencing new things from start to end in an almost perfect internship program.

I loved the lectures and all the events the program held as a group. I really loved the work schedule; there were no specific time you HAD to be into work, as long as you got your work done and completed four hundred hours by the end. I was able to work extra some days and less others. I loved seeing real engineers at work and attending bi weekly project meetings.

I wish there were more program events: tours in particular.

Be open minded, approach new faces, and take risks.

Advice to Management

There really isn't anything I can complain about. I had a great experience.

Date: 2013

Great mentor plus a great opportunity equals a fantastic summer.

I got to work in something unexpected, and get paid to do it! Plus it's NASA and that's killer on your resume.

I really didn't like how disorganized it felt sometimes. There are many things that we are required to attend but there's little notice sometimes.

Go for it. There's no reason to not apply.

Advice to Management

In my department, there are few females.

Date: 2013

LARSS STUDENTS FIGHT THR BATTLE AGAINST ENVIRONMENTAL AEROSOLS & DISCOVERS A BREAKTHROUGH

Flexibility, welcoming environment when working with the new team

Too much intern bonding

NASA's LARSS program gives an incredible opportunities to students across the nation. The students participating are incredibly lucky to be working with such great and influential teams conducting research that may change the world

Advice to Management

Try not to force the interns to meet every single week when we don't have a lot of time in our labs to finish our research by the end of the summer

NASA Langley Internship Is Better Than Anticipated

Meeting people, learning how NASA works, learning a new discipline, feeling productive

More tours of facilities would have been cool.

Make sure you get to know people and don't be afraid to jump into something you don't yet understand very well. NASA Langley does a lot of stuff, and it can be hard to see what you'd want, without trying a few new things.

DEVELOP COMPUTER SCIENCE SKILLSETS IN AN ENVIRONMENT THAT FOSTERS EXCELLENCE

I really enjoyed being challenged with a task that I had never done before. I also admired the people with whom I worked. They were all very intelligent and outgoing.

The facility that we worked in was a bit old. However, it was functional, and I did not think that it was unsafe or unhealthy.

I recommend making early contact with your mentor to learn what you will be doing. You can then prepare in advance for your area of work.

Fun, knowledgeable, excitement

I like having the opportunity to be involved in real world math and science projects. I was able to apply concepts I have already learn and also learn new ones. The whole experience has been very rewarding.

There wasn't anything in particular that I didn't like.

This was my first internship, and it was very enjoyable. I have learned a lot through this experience and been able to able topics I have learned in college.

Fantastic

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of NASA Langley as a whole and the opportunities to get involved in other learning opportunities on center

I do not like how unorganized the office is that runs the LARSS program. Everything seems to be announced last minute and information does not seem to be proof read before it is sent out causing misinformation and confusing information

This internship is an amazing opportunity and my advise would be to accept as many of the learning opportunities as possible (tours, lectures, etc.)

Advice to Management

The management of the LARSS program needs to be more organized