NASA Langley Aerospace Research Student Scholars (LARSS) Research Internship Program

4.2 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 210 Intern Reviews)

Working the business and planning side of NASA
Hampton, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking with other students and employees. Own office. Great office mates. Interested in what I do.

Temperature control in the office was terrible. Some communication issues.

Everyone is so open and helpful throughout the department. Never be afraid to ask for help.

Advice to Management

Reminders could be sent out earlier

Molding Students into Well-Rounded Individuals

Flexible hours

Relaxed environment

Not enough space for stuents

Great place to work, many opportunities, teaches soft skills as one develops technical skills

LARSS STUDENTS FIGHT THR BATTLE AGAINST ENVIRONMENTAL AEROSOLS & DISCOVERS A BREAKTHROUGH
Hampton, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, welcoming environment when working with the new team

Too much intern bonding

NASA's LARSS program gives an incredible opportunities to students across the nation. The students participating are incredibly lucky to be working with such great and influential teams conducting research that may change the world

Advice to Management

Try not to force the interns to meet every single week when we don't have a lot of time in our labs to finish our research by the end of the summer

NASA Langley: Filled with the Opportunities of a Life-Time
Hampton, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had so many 'acting' mentors and therefore was exposed to so many different types of work. I have enjoyed seeing what types of occupations are available across such a large organization.

The fact that I had no concrete project ready for me when I first arrived. It made me feel like my presence wasn't necessary. After establishing connections, it is easy enough to find people who want help. Until that point however, it was rather disheartening.

Be prepared with heightened social skills. It is an essential in all that you do.

Advice to Management

It was an incredible place to work! Perhaps they could benefit in the long run, by setting up a better system of 'check and balance' to make sure people are doing the work required.

Great mentor plus a great opportunity equals a fantastic summer.
Hampton, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to work in something unexpected, and get paid to do it! Plus it's NASA and that's killer on your resume.

I really didn't like how disorganized it felt sometimes. There are many things that we are required to attend but there's little notice sometimes.

Go for it. There's no reason to not apply.

Advice to Management

In my department, there are few females.

Fun, knowledgeable, excitement
Hampton, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like having the opportunity to be involved in real world math and science projects. I was able to apply concepts I have already learn and also learn new ones. The whole experience has been very rewarding.

There wasn't anything in particular that I didn't like.

This was my first internship, and it was very enjoyable. I have learned a lot through this experience and been able to able topics I have learned in college.

A fantastic experience to work with skilled individuals to develop my skills in my further education and career.
Hampton, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The group that I worked with and my mentors.

I can't say I disliked anything.

NASA Langley is a fantastic organization to work for. I can't say enough about how amazing the employees are and the amount of hard work that they put into the organization.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't offer any other advice because it's already a wonderful place to work.

The LARSS program provides students with a dynamic environment to perform compelling academic research.
Hampton, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The LARSS program pairs interns with mentors who are invested in the education and success of their students and makes certain that each student maximizes their potential while working at Langley Research Center.

I have no complaints.

There are a wide varieties of opportunities at Langley Research Center and engineering is not the only option.

Undergraduate LARSS Intern Summer 2013
Hampton, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting other awesome people, challenging independent research environment

Not much to complain about

Take it if you ever get the chance.

Got to be very hands on compared to other Inters and really benefit my organization
Hampton, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible Hours and I got to learn a lot of "real life" finance and accounting skills versus doing tedious intern work

I liked every aspect of my internship

Expect to do a lot of work that is beneficial to the organization and you get to be a important part of finance/accounting group