4.4 of 5 stars (1,083 Ratings)

Intern at Boeing Intern Program? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 1,083 Intern Reviews

Well paid internship gave me technical experience, professional and personal development, very good fulltime job prospects, and a fun summer

Renton, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Regular intern events at work to meet executives, take tours, and gain career experiences. Fun technical project that has real impact.

My project was individual work (not worked on with a team) which could be monotonous sometimes, but also came with some positives so it was not a huge issue.

Boeing has a history of going through regular waves of layoffs which is something to consider for full time employment. Boeing really spoils their interns, so don't expect a huge increase in compensation and benefits from intern to full-time.

Advice to Management

I think Boeing should work to cultivate a more casual and fun company culture (similar to many companies in the tech industry) in order to attract younger talent.

Dynamic, exciting internship offers factory tours, networking, other perks

Kent, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to tour different Boeing factories, intern events, work schedule

Boeing is such a large company, so sometimes it's hard for things to happen quickly

It's huge, so don't expect things to move quickly, but Boeing is involved in every part of the economy, so if there is something you want to learn more about, you can

Gain insight into Boeing's tech sector and learn more about the aerospace industry through experienced teammates

Renton, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Fantastic manager and team, helpful and kind coworkers, fast-paced, challenging, benefits (especially the exclusive tours offered for interns), intern events around Seattle

Some tasks alone could be monotonous

You will likely be placed on a team with extremely knowledgeable and helpful individuals no matter which office you are in. However, it's tough to get the exact role you would prefer as an intern. A sorting system is used where you list your top 5 preferences.
There are incredible benefits. You will get access to touring areas current employees are not allowed to step foot in. It's a fantastic internship opportunity.

An incredible learning experience

Spokane, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

My favorite parts of the internship were the direct mentorship I had with my supervising engineer, the hands on work I was able to do, and the independence of the work I was able to get done. Once I'm done, I will have completed different written reports that will be useful for Boeing once I have left.

I feel there is too much idle time some days and wish I could do more around the office.

Boeing does a lot to make everyone feel included and has many opportunities to get involved. There are many chances to go to social intern events, listen to speakers, and other fun activities.

Advice to Management

Talk about a time when you used your engineering knowledge/skills to solve a problem.

enjoyable

Time off
Coworkers who care

Training
Too many acronyms

If you want to stay busy and learn how to apply stuff from school work here.

Enriching and Promising

Charleston, SC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Improving engineering skills and networking

Not getting enough feedback from my mentor
Not getting good instructions

Ask many questions and seek help to others,
reach out to your manager and don't be afraid to ask how your work is going

Advice to Management

they should provide the intern more feedback

Boeing internships are a great way to gain valuable engineering experience in a fun and exciting work environment.

Charleston, SC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The leadership was great, just about everyone I met was willing to help out and provide direction. The work was very interesting and Boeing did a good job of providing "real" work and projects for me to work on. I was able to meet one-on-one with some senior and executive level engineers / leaders, as well as have an intern wide Video conference with the CEO of the company. The pay and benefits are the best I've heard of, and the other interns were a lot of fun. Charleston South Carolina is a beautiful city.

sometimes I felt like I was waiting around and could have been doing more.

Meet as many people as you can and get involved in as many things as you can. It really is a lifetime opportunity, so make sure you make the most of it. Be willing to make mistakes, they're going to happen and this is a perfect time to learn.

Great Place to Work

Bellevue, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to learn are endless.

The daily commute

Don't be so concerned about money. You'll make money. Really evaluate the company benefits.

Internship experience with substantial autonomy and great support--real engineering

Seattle, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Freedom to be creative in my designs, access to 3D printers for rapid prototyping, contributing to full scope of engineering process (design, build, test) in an R&D environment

I honestly didn't dislike anything about the internship

I think working in an R&D environment is a really good experience for an intern because it allows them to explore all of the different aspects of engineering (design, test, etc.). I wish I had known I didn't have to find and pay for a gym--that there was a gym near my location. Also, call into the benefits briefing so you can figure out how to set up the your savings program.

Advice to Management

Walk interns through the process of setting up the savings program at orientation. It is very difficult to figure out on your own.