Intern at Boeing Intern Program? Submit a Review

Best Internship I Could Have Asked For

Auburn, WA | July 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

They provide you money for moving, a stipend for living for the summer, they pay very well. They start giving you benefits such as healthcare and retirement. They also have great activities such as seminars, networking events, tours, and more. They treat the interns very well, and have a culture where all the employees help the interns and give them lots of mentorship. It made for an amazing three months where I grew and learned so much. I would totally recommend this internship to anyone.

This is a really big company, so it is easy to get lost in it. You must be assertive and really push to get on the cool projects. I wasn't doing that at the beginning of my internship, so it got a little boring, but once I learned that lesson, things went much better.

Comments

Boeing has so many opportunities for growth, with so many people retiring in the next couple years. This is the perfect time to come into a company that has just completed its 100th birthday.

Second-Year Intern That Will Never Leave

Renton, WA | July 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

First, the people of Boeing are far superior to any other company that I know of. They are passionate, motivated, and innovative individuals that strive for the best product that the aerospace industry can provide. You will find that it is the people that make Boeing stand out. Which is very important in today's tech & engineering field because of the need for teamwork and communication.

This shouldn't even be a field for reviewing Boeing's internship program.

Comments

Boeing is selective of their applicants, which is why the people stand out. Keep applying to all positions, attend Boeing campus visits, and make yourself known to recruiters.

Boeing Summer 2016 Internship Review

Philly, PA | July 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

Most other review will speak of the high caliber of technology associated with Boeing Engineering and while all of this has made my academic experience the best possible, perhaps what I like the most about Boeing is the work culture here. As an intern you are given multiple mentors, who push you from day one to be the best possible employee and the best version of yourself. Theres a good sense of west-coast work culture vibes that also illuminate the work areas with happy and easy going employees.

There were no downers to this internship, only uppers to it!

Comments

Grades are important but Boeing looks past the GPA number and looks for candidates that are involved on campus and within their respective major through research and other opportunities.

Amazing internship!

Fairfax, VA | July 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

Flew me to South Carolina and put me in hotel overnight to interview. Competitive pay. Received almost $4,500 for relocation for the summer. Had 1 week paid vacation. Significant 401K contribution and matching. I get a portion of the yearly bonus for the time I was there. Got to go to the White House, Boeing box in the Nationals Stadium, factory tours, and hear from senior level management. Worked with a fantastic team that was super supportive and willing to train me. Overall its been an incredible summer. I now understand why it is the #1 engineering & tech internship.

Honestly couldn't be more thankful. Its been amazing, no downers for me.

Comments

It is competitive. Most come from schools that they actively recruit at.

Amazing place to intern at!

July 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

Generous hourly pay and relocation, friendly and supportive manager, had great mentors assigned to me, was given real work and made part of the team, ability to transfer locations for second internship, flextime

Hard to come up with after two extremely good experiences (especially compared to another corporation I interned at). Boeing is a big company and you have to be proactive not to get lost in it but that's to be expected.

Comments

Boeing is an amazing place to intern at--I would highly recommend it as a second-time intern. Both managers I have had were extremely supportive and interested in my personal development. Additionally, the pay is excellent. Both times I have been respected by my team and given real work--something in stark contrast to my internship experience at another Fortune 500 company before I came to Boeing. I would encourage interns to apply and once accepted, seek out a manager who feels like a good fit (you typically apply to the program and not a position). The application process varies school to school but I would encourage all interested applicants to apply and take advantage of any networking/information sessions provided by Boeing.

Best Summer Ever!

Seattle, WA | July 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

I was able to get visibility with high-level executives and be treated like a new hire with all of the tours and events of being an intern. They really care about making the best summer for you socially, professionally, and personally.

They do treat you like a new hire which is hard for some people.

Comments

Be yourself in all interviews, and they expect an intelligent and hard-working face every day. This can be intimidating for some people.

Learning time management, business culture, and leadership shaping

Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting wonderful people, learning invaluable skills, getting an opportunity to experience all that the company has to offer

My internship was not directly related to my career goals in the future, but the job offer I recieved is more closely related, so it was still a wonderful experience

Know your strengths and weaknesses

Advice to Management

I had an issue with a male coworker making me feel uncomfortable leaving and entering the building, as well as him invading on my personal life, and I didn't feel like I had anyone I could tell about this without being laughed at.

STAR (I signed an NDA)

The best, most relevant real-world experience yet

Renton, WA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation, Opportunities for growth and education, Advancement opportunities, and relaxed-yet-effective office environment.

Sometimes lacked direction

Get out and learn all you can about the company

Advice to Management

Just sometimes lacked direction

Improving the Industry one design at a time

Long Beach, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Tours, completion of design packages, meeting executives, giving presentations

no there wasn't. N/A

Do your job well and you wil be recognized. Do not try to jungle too many tasks at once - multi-tasking is only great when the tasks do not require extensive attention. Don't take your vacation days unless you really need to, it may be given but your mentor/manager will be more impressed if your at work taking advantage of your internship.

Advice to Management

A welcoming environment is always good. Make the student feel apart of the team. Be sure to have expectations for the student and have an open line of communication at all times. Allow them to explore other roles, schedule permitting.

STAR - know that format and you'll be able to answer any question both technical and non-technical

Very rewarding

Houston, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to participate and help with real work.

I least liked the amount of access accounts I needed and the time it took to be approved.

The internship was great and I highly recommend it.