Boeing Intern Program Internship

Phenomenal Opportunity for Real World Software Engineering Experience

Pay was the highest of any engineering student's internship that I had asked of in my school; Getting to know how industry works; Connecting with powerful people in the company, making great contacts; Working with professionals in the field I wanted to be in for a career; Practicing my software engineering skills in a safe, friendly, and helpful environment with very knowledgeable people; knowing that I was working for a prestigious, affluent company that plays an important role in keeping the United States safe on a very literal day-to-day basis.

There is honestly nothing that I disliked about working for The Boeing Company. The fact that it was around D.C. meant that traffic was always heavy, but I live near D.C., so it wasn't a turn off for me.

If you're interested in getting hands-on software engineering practice, The Boeing Company is a great place to work. If you're interested in security clearances, The Boeing Company is one of the top DoD contractors, so there's always work to be done that involves a security clearance.

Advice to Management

The compensation far exceeded my expectations; hours are normal (8 hour work day) and can be made flexible; employee retention is high from what I've heard; I don't know enough about the promotion policies to give an educated answer; they do diversity well and the training felt full and complete.

Date: 2012

Boeing pays you to work hard, learn, and become more valuable to them

The company and my coworkers placed a huge emphasis on making sure that I understood anything in which I was involved.

Traffic on the way to work?

Start studying subjects such as aerospace and composites as soon as possible. Be respectful, helpful, and friendly to everyone you meet.

Advice to Management

My department did well with employee retention, but I know that other departments did not do as well.

Date: 2012

An exciting opportunity that took me to new places, gave me excellent work experience and a leg up on the competition.

Learning about what other parts of the company does, going on tours, the people and the effort to include me as an intern in the company.

The division between the floor workers and the engineers. Nothing severe, just a noticeable edge between the two groups.

Boeing is a big company, which will have many down sides, such as the slow pace of change and aversion to risk. Yet Boeing does a great job with the number of job opportunities within the company, compensation, and they produce an exciting product.

Advice to Management

I would like to have the ability to go to graduate school full time and have that paid for by the company and then go to work for them full time, rather than having to get a graduate degree part time. I can see why they don't do this though.

Date: 2012

An exceptional learning experience about both the company itself and real engineering practices

I was treated like a full-time engineer, with full responsibility. I was able to network with many other programs and positions with in the company including executives, and other locations.

I was very pleased and found no real cons to my internship.

Experiences vary from person to person, so the only way to know for a fact is try it out for yourself, but I myself found the Boeing intern program very exceptional and a great learning experience. My mentors were very helpful but let me go off on my own. The intern program also provides many opportunities for networking, touring company labs and factories/offices, and recreation.

Date: 2012

Opportunity of a Lifetime!

Learning experience and the people.

Not being informed in the beginning of the background process and finding out about a date.

Great Company to work with, many areas to look into.

Advice to Management

More youth in the company.

Awesome Experience with Supportive Managers, Mentors and Co- Workers

Meeting new people (other interns and co-workers) Networking Going to a new place Developing new skills within IT Expanding my current skills with IT

To short. Although I stayed on after my internship ended, other interns said they wish the internship was longer. They felt as though they could've learned more if they had more time.

Gather as much information and knowledge about Boeing in the time that you have for your internship because the time fly so quickly and networking is KEY!

Advice to Management

No advice for management. My manager did an awesome job supporting me and helping me throughout my process. She was very patient and understanding.

Date: 2012

Awesome opportunities, well rounded, various projects

Extra activities (seminars and factory tours), variety of projects assigned

Nothing, the experience was great!!

If you like a variety of projects, awesome people to work with, and a great company, Boeing is for you!

Date: 2012

Incredible range of difficult, challenging, and rewarding tasks with plenty of room to learn

I was challenged and had high expectations set on me, and was able to impress my boss's boss.

I didn't really dislike anything.

Work hard, show up on time, and ask plenty of questions.

Advice to Management

Give interns important tasks, it makes them feel more useful and they may surpass your expectations.

Date: 2012

Greatest learning experience to grow and find my niche

The open environment and welcoming feeling from other co-workers.

Nothing was not like.

Be open to asking questions and have an open mind.

Date: 2012

Great opportunity for real engineering work with very helpful engineers.

The fact that I was treated like a newly hired engineer and given lots of responsibility.

It took a while to get everything set up when I arrived. Mostly with computer problems.

Don't be afraid to dive right in and take on responsibilities.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)