Boeing Intern Program

4.5 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 197 Intern Reviews)

Outstanding start to my career
Saint Louis, MO | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunities to network and explore all functions of the company.

The specific function and task I was assigned to, but I knew there were multiple opportunities within the company to move around so that really didn't bother me because I was still able to expand my knowledge immensely.

Shape the position more around the intern's career focus as much as allowed.

Advice to Management

I could have been more educated on the process of continuing with the company at the beginning of my internship rather than towards the end so I know what to expect.

An exceptional learning experience about both the company itself and real engineering practices
Seattle, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated like a full-time engineer, with full responsibility. I was able to network with many other programs and positions with in the company including executives, and other locations.

I was very pleased and found no real cons to my internship.

Experiences vary from person to person, so the only way to know for a fact is try it out for yourself, but I myself found the Boeing intern program very exceptional and a great learning experience. My mentors were very helpful but let me go off on my own. The intern program also provides many opportunities for networking, touring company labs and factories/offices, and recreation.

Incredible range of difficult, challenging, and rewarding tasks with plenty of room to learn
Kent, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was challenged and had high expectations set on me, and was able to impress my boss's boss.

I didn't really dislike anything.

Work hard, show up on time, and ask plenty of questions.

Advice to Management

Give interns important tasks, it makes them feel more useful and they may surpass your expectations.

Great opportunity for real engineering work with very helpful engineers.
Everett, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact that I was treated like a newly hired engineer and given lots of responsibility.

It took a while to get everything set up when I arrived. Mostly with computer problems.

Don't be afraid to dive right in and take on responsibilities.

Opportunity of a Lifetime!
Wichita, KS | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning experience and the people.

Not being informed in the beginning of the background process and finding out about a date.

Great Company to work with, many areas to look into.

Advice to Management

More youth in the company.

Boeing does it both in and out of the office
Renton, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people that I met and the application classroom material in the real world.

My least favorite part about the internship was the repetitive nature of the tasks that I was assigned.

The main thing to keep in mind when evaluating my organization is to think about whether or not your personality matches up with the culture of the company that you are working for.

Greatest learning experience to grow and find my niche
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The open environment and welcoming feeling from other co-workers.

Nothing was not like.

Be open to asking questions and have an open mind.

Awesome Experience with Supportive Managers, Mentors and Co- Workers
Bellevue, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting new people (other interns and co-workers)
Networking
Going to a new place
Developing new skills within IT
Expanding my current skills with IT

To short. Although I stayed on after my internship ended, other interns said they wish the internship was longer. They felt as though they could've learned more if they had more time.

Gather as much information and knowledge about Boeing in the time that you have for your internship because the time fly so quickly and networking is KEY!

Advice to Management

No advice for management. My manager did an awesome job supporting me and helping me throughout my process. She was very patient and understanding.

For an internship where your education and knowledge is not only valued but given opportunities to grow, consider the Boeing Intern Program.
Seattle, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Projects, pay, benefits, opportunities to grow and learn

Communication between managers and intern program coordinators. The intern program coordinators made statements about performance reviews but then my manager was unaware of some of their statements.

Make sure to word your resume to include key words from the job posting.. you have to get your resume through the computer system before a real person can review it and choose to interview you.

An exciting opportunity that took me to new places, gave me excellent work experience and a leg up on the competition.
Auburn, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about what other parts of the company does, going on tours, the people and the effort to include me as an intern in the company.

The division between the floor workers and the engineers. Nothing severe, just a noticeable edge between the two groups.

Boeing is a big company, which will have many down sides, such as the slow pace of change and aversion to risk. Yet Boeing does a great job with the number of job opportunities within the company, compensation, and they produce an exciting product.

Advice to Management

I would like to have the ability to go to graduate school full time and have that paid for by the company and then go to work for them full time, rather than having to get a graduate degree part time. I can see why they don't do this though.