Intern at Boeing Intern Program? Submit a Review

Learning time management, business culture, and leadership shaping

Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting wonderful people, learning invaluable skills, getting an opportunity to experience all that the company has to offer

My internship was not directly related to my career goals in the future, but the job offer I recieved is more closely related, so it was still a wonderful experience

Know your strengths and weaknesses

Advice to Management

I had an issue with a male coworker making me feel uncomfortable leaving and entering the building, as well as him invading on my personal life, and I didn't feel like I had anyone I could tell about this without being laughed at.

STAR (I signed an NDA)

The best, most relevant real-world experience yet

Renton, WA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation, Opportunities for growth and education, Advancement opportunities, and relaxed-yet-effective office environment.

Sometimes lacked direction

Get out and learn all you can about the company

Advice to Management

Just sometimes lacked direction

Improving the Industry one design at a time

Long Beach, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Tours, completion of design packages, meeting executives, giving presentations

no there wasn't. N/A

Do your job well and you wil be recognized. Do not try to jungle too many tasks at once - multi-tasking is only great when the tasks do not require extensive attention. Don't take your vacation days unless you really need to, it may be given but your mentor/manager will be more impressed if your at work taking advantage of your internship.

Advice to Management

A welcoming environment is always good. Make the student feel apart of the team. Be sure to have expectations for the student and have an open line of communication at all times. Allow them to explore other roles, schedule permitting.

STAR - know that format and you'll be able to answer any question both technical and non-technical

Very rewarding

Houston, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to participate and help with real work.

I least liked the amount of access accounts I needed and the time it took to be approved.

The internship was great and I highly recommend it.

An amazingly positive experience, with a great team and an engaging project

Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the group I was working with, the team overall and how friendly everyone was in the group. I enjoyed the project I was working on and the number of skills I was able to develop over the summer.

Sometimes working on the same application was a bit monotonous. I would have liked to have some team-oriented projects, my work was always individual, though I had a wonderful group of mentors who talked with me and were available if needed. I would have enjoyed not just working in the office with the software but also have some lab work as well, since the work done by the team is strongly lab-related.

The organization has a strong internship program, which was truly exceptional. The number of intern events they organized, and the way full-time employees worked with interns was wonderful. I honestly felt like a full-time employee, and I was given important work to do, instead of "busy-work".

Advice to Management

It might have been better if I was given a bit more organized training. I had never done GUI programming before, so I was trying to familiarize myself and fumble through problems with a lot of research and trial and error. I do enjoy figuring things out on my own, but I think a lot of time could have been saved if I at least began my project with a basis, since I just began simply knowing anything.

What is an example of a time when you worked in a team? And how did it go?

Why did you choose this company?

Best company to work for!

Everett, WA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay and the culture of the company!

I stayed in the office most of the time.

Take advantage of all of the wonderful resources!

Advice to Management

Encourage interns to take more training, and take advantage of the intern programs and activities.

Interns at Boeing Love Everything About The Opportunity

Charleston, SC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

My manager, my work, my coworkers, the events, the other interns, and how Boeing ran the internship program.

I was not able to see where I was working until I showed up on my first day. Also, HR did not do a good job communicating before I arrived.

Meet as many people as possible. Schedule interviews with executives.

Advice to Management

I like the non union in Charleston.

I am not to say.

The Boeing Internships are the best in the industry.

Auburn, WA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture and the compensation.

The distance from home.

When comparing all 3 of my past internships this one was definitely the best one.

Advice to Management

The only thing I would like to see more of is more vacation days when you first start. Having more vacation days would affect retention rates in a positive way because young professionals are the ones that have the hardest time being away from home at the beginning, therefore making retention rates the lowest for that group of people.

They were all behavioral questions. "Tell me a time you had to work with a diverse group of people"

A Life Changing Experience.

Everett, WA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The challenges of having a full statement of work, networking, touring the factories, and being in the Pacific Northwest.

The onboarding process.

I would highly recommend The Boeing Company. They provided you with the tools you need to be successful. You are treated as if you are a permanent member of the team and you are given a full statement of work and you are measured against that statement and your performance. You get to practice what you've learned in the classroom.

Real-World Engineering Problems and Real-World Impacts

Oklahoma City, OK | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect was the way in which everyone at Boeing openly welcomed me as an intern. I felt like I was genuinely a part of something greater than myself.

I have no complaints whatsoever.

If you're looking for an easy intern to boost your resumé, this isn't the place for you. But if you're genuinely ready for a challenge and an opportunity to contribute in a team experience you won't forget, then Boeing is your company.

Advice to Management

There could be a bit more training during orientation about how to use ETS.

Describe a time when you needed to work in a team setting. Did you encounter any conflict and if so, how did you handle it?