4.5 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 197 Intern Reviews)

I couldn't have wished for a better internship experience.
Bellevue, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible hours & the ability to choose what projects to focus on during the time I was there.

It's relatively minor, but I was not able to check my work email on my work phone...meaning I was limited to office hours when I could respond to messages.

Your internship is what you make of it. Say yes to every opportunity and seek out new ones. Your success depends on your attitude and your willingness to meet new people and experience new things.

Incredible range of difficult, challenging, and rewarding tasks with plenty of room to learn
Kent, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was challenged and had high expectations set on me, and was able to impress my boss's boss.

I didn't really dislike anything.

Work hard, show up on time, and ask plenty of questions.

Advice to Management

Give interns important tasks, it makes them feel more useful and they may surpass your expectations.

Phenomenal Opportunity for Real World Software Engineering Experience
Arlington, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay was the highest of any engineering student's internship that I had asked of in my school; Getting to know how industry works; Connecting with powerful people in the company, making great contacts; Working with professionals in the field I wanted to be in for a career; Practicing my software engineering skills in a safe, friendly, and helpful environment with very knowledgeable people; knowing that I was working for a prestigious, affluent company that plays an important role in keeping the United States safe on a very literal day-to-day basis.

There is honestly nothing that I disliked about working for The Boeing Company. The fact that it was around D.C. meant that traffic was always heavy, but I live near D.C., so it wasn't a turn off for me.

If you're interested in getting hands-on software engineering practice, The Boeing Company is a great place to work. If you're interested in security clearances, The Boeing Company is one of the top DoD contractors, so there's always work to be done that involves a security clearance.

Advice to Management

The compensation far exceeded my expectations; hours are normal (8 hour work day) and can be made flexible; employee retention is high from what I've heard; I don't know enough about the promotion policies to give an educated answer; they do diversity well and the training felt full and complete.

Outstanding start to my career
Saint Louis, MO | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunities to network and explore all functions of the company.

The specific function and task I was assigned to, but I knew there were multiple opportunities within the company to move around so that really didn't bother me because I was still able to expand my knowledge immensely.

Shape the position more around the intern's career focus as much as allowed.

Advice to Management

I could have been more educated on the process of continuing with the company at the beginning of my internship rather than towards the end so I know what to expect.

Awesome opportunities, well rounded, various projects
Saint Louis, MO | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Extra activities (seminars and factory tours), variety of projects assigned

Nothing, the experience was great!!

If you like a variety of projects, awesome people to work with, and a great company, Boeing is for you!

Boeing does it both in and out of the office
Renton, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people that I met and the application classroom material in the real world.

My least favorite part about the internship was the repetitive nature of the tasks that I was assigned.

The main thing to keep in mind when evaluating my organization is to think about whether or not your personality matches up with the culture of the company that you are working for.

Boeing pays you to work hard, learn, and become more valuable to them
Charleston, SC | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company and my coworkers placed a huge emphasis on making sure that I understood anything in which I was involved.

Traffic on the way to work?

Start studying subjects such as aerospace and composites as soon as possible. Be respectful, helpful, and friendly to everyone you meet.

Advice to Management

My department did well with employee retention, but I know that other departments did not do as well.

An exciting opportunity that took me to new places, gave me excellent work experience and a leg up on the competition.
Auburn, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about what other parts of the company does, going on tours, the people and the effort to include me as an intern in the company.

The division between the floor workers and the engineers. Nothing severe, just a noticeable edge between the two groups.

Boeing is a big company, which will have many down sides, such as the slow pace of change and aversion to risk. Yet Boeing does a great job with the number of job opportunities within the company, compensation, and they produce an exciting product.

Advice to Management

I would like to have the ability to go to graduate school full time and have that paid for by the company and then go to work for them full time, rather than having to get a graduate degree part time. I can see why they don't do this though.

Awesome Experience with Supportive Managers, Mentors and Co- Workers
Bellevue, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting new people (other interns and co-workers)
Networking
Going to a new place
Developing new skills within IT
Expanding my current skills with IT

To short. Although I stayed on after my internship ended, other interns said they wish the internship was longer. They felt as though they could've learned more if they had more time.

Gather as much information and knowledge about Boeing in the time that you have for your internship because the time fly so quickly and networking is KEY!

Advice to Management

No advice for management. My manager did an awesome job supporting me and helping me throughout my process. She was very patient and understanding.

Excellent work and corporate culture!
Fairfax, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work and the people.

It wasn't long enough.