Intern at Boeing Intern Program? Submit a Review

BEST SUMMER OF MY LIFE

Everett, WA | September 2016 | FORMER INTERN

The company was the best part. I worked in the baby bomarc at the everett site. I was treated like a new hire, not an intern. They gave me work that challenged me, but it wasn't so hard that I was overwhelmed. The pay was amazing and I received a ton of benefits, free boeing merchandise, and leave time. I was fortunate enough to get asked to come back for my final summer in 2017.

The worst part of the internship was learning the acronyms that the engineers use. After every meeting, I had a list of about 10-25 new acronyms that I had to find the meaning of to understand the content of the meeting.

Comments

Stay persistent in applying. I was denied about 43 times before I was accepted by the company. I had a really high gpa and a good resume but I just wasn't accepted. Boeing is a tremendous company but it's extremely hard to get into it.

Great Intern Experience

Renton, WA | September 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

The internship provided a great raining and onboarding process, and from the beginning to the end, I was treated like an entry-level employee. The work was valuable and greatly increased my knowledge-base. There is also an open door to pursue interviews with any executives in the business.

The downers that I experienced were just the lack of time to experience the full breadth that Boeing has to offer.

Comments

This is a very valuable internship that helps to build your understanding of a large corporation. The work is valuable and the options that are opened for you inside Boeing are vast (if you apply yourself)and hard to even quantify.

Boeing Intern Program

WA | August 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

A lot of events for interns throughout the summer for tours, informational interviews, classes and socials

There are some teams with not enough projects and assignments for interns to do

Comments

Really diverse and fun. I would recommend this internship, especially for students who are still trying to figure out what they want to do with their degree.

Amazing internship!

Seattle, WA | August 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

Independence and freedom! Unlike internships I've had in the past, Boeing does not micromanage you. You have the independence and freedom in how and when you do your projects, as long as you complete the project in a timely manner and according to regulations of course. It's also a great feeling to know that you'll be working on projects and reports that matter, ones that get sent out to the whole company. For example, I am working on an automation project that would increase efficiency by 3+ hours. I will create an impact on the company that will last beyond my time here. The tours and informational interviews have been fun and interesting! The pay and total compensation package that Boeing provides is VERY good.

Personally I have not really had a downside. I have, however, heard of other interns who have been "bored" with "nothing" to do. But in my opinion, that can easily be solved with initiative. If you take the initiative and had a conversation with your manager about how light your workload may be, they can easily make the necessary changes.

Comments

Work hard, be proactive, and always be on the look out on how to do things more efficiently!

Boeing Intern Program is top notch

Mesa, AZ | August 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

Immediate introduction into Boeing system, working on real projects and challenges, feel like a real employee.
Intern exposure to management, executives and travel.
Benefits and pay.

Lack of solid communication during hiring process.
Knowing that they treat interns like royalty, but that will quickly fade becoming full time. Enjoy it while you can.

Comments

Don't think that just because you don't believe you are "good enough" to work at Boeing or believe that they are unobtainable, just act with confidence and reach and strive a little bit. On the flip side of the coin, don't work here just for the name. Boeing is a very unique place to work and you need to understand that signing up here, you will absolutely be kindling a career as an intern, and need to work very hard over your 12 weeks to connect, network, learn and perform as much as possible. Great company to get in as an intern and they really make it clear that they want to keep you around for the long haul, but its not for everyone.

Engineering Internship at Boeing

Seal Beach, CA | August 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

I was treated like a real employee. My team worked really hard to get my trained up as quickly as possible so that I could be an active member of the team. I was able to do meaningful work this summer.

This work is very fast paced, so as a newbie it can be very intimidating. But I learned so much that the stress was worth it.

Comments

This company has so many opportunities. And management encourages you to take control of your career and move around to find the right fit. Even if you are not placed in your ideal position right away, you will have the opportunity to find it.

Boeing Payloads Design Engineering Internship

August 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

Intellectually stimulating experience. My job really pushed me to think outside the box, approach problems like a real engineer. I was given a real problem that gave me opportunity to deliver a product of efficiency for many employees. It was very satisfying to work on a project that made a difference in speed of the design process. I also value the attitude of everyone who works at Boeing. People are very professional, respectful and helpful.

Not enough time to learn more about the company and all the different departments in Boeing. Although I could do information interviews with anyone from beginner level engineers to senior managers, trying to meet the expectations and deadlines of my project limited the time I could network in the company for me to find which team I would like to work with as a full time employee after interning.

Comments

Boeing has a great work place dynamic. Work-life balance is wonderful. There are unlimited opportunities for growth in every branch once you are part of the company.

Dissapointing

Huntington Beach, CA | August 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

The pay and benefits were fairly decent
The work group were good to network with

No real work to do
Didn't work on one single project
Could only work on scrap jobs

Comments

Make sure your work group is fully formed and that they are ready to receive you. Big company, relocations are expected so make sure your group is up and running and that they have available projects to work on.

Great People. Great Company. Great Benifets.

St. Louis, MO | August 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

The internship pays really well and includes health insurance and a 401k. The company treats you like a real employee, which is empowering and makes you fell like you fit in. I was able to meet my boss and all the bosses up to the CEO of the company. This company loves interns and welcomes new personalities. Everyone that I worked with was super great to get along with and made time to get to know you.

There is a political and corporate feel to the work environment. Cubicles on cubicles everywhere. There are no exciting colors.

Comments

Please try this company out. I highly recommend this internship.

Boeing Summer Engineering Internship

Berkeley, MO | August 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

Tours, Inviting Culture, Meaningful Work, Mentors with great Technical Knowledge

High level of security on everything proprietary. Overly concerned with safety.

Comments

Research Boeing thoroughly. Know your interests. Network. Get good grades.