Boeing Intern Program

C-17 intern loves the job
Huntington Beach, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I was able to work with and the opportunities I was given

I liked everything!

I loved the company. Had a great experience. Learned a ton and also had fun. Their intern program is fantastic. I would definitely reccomend to anyone!

Advice to Management

They did everything wonderfully.

You are guaranteed a fulltime job if you perform well.
Saint Louis, MO | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, pay, prospects of fulltime employment, getting to know and visit all aspects of the company.

Although specific to the job it was hard to come up with a meaningful work statement in the beginning.

Apply, the company offers employment for just about anything you can think of.

Awesome Experience with Supportive Managers, Mentors and Co- Workers
Bellevue, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting new people (other interns and co-workers)
Networking
Going to a new place
Developing new skills within IT
Expanding my current skills with IT

To short. Although I stayed on after my internship ended, other interns said they wish the internship was longer. They felt as though they could've learned more if they had more time.

Gather as much information and knowledge about Boeing in the time that you have for your internship because the time fly so quickly and networking is KEY!

Advice to Management

No advice for management. My manager did an awesome job supporting me and helping me throughout my process. She was very patient and understanding.

Great opportunity for real engineering work with very helpful engineers.
Everett, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact that I was treated like a newly hired engineer and given lots of responsibility.

It took a while to get everything set up when I arrived. Mostly with computer problems.

Don't be afraid to dive right in and take on responsibilities.

Boeing does it both in and out of the office
Renton, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people that I met and the application classroom material in the real world.

My least favorite part about the internship was the repetitive nature of the tasks that I was assigned.

The main thing to keep in mind when evaluating my organization is to think about whether or not your personality matches up with the culture of the company that you are working for.

Outstanding start to my career
Saint Louis, MO | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunities to network and explore all functions of the company.

The specific function and task I was assigned to, but I knew there were multiple opportunities within the company to move around so that really didn't bother me because I was still able to expand my knowledge immensely.

Shape the position more around the intern's career focus as much as allowed.

Advice to Management

I could have been more educated on the process of continuing with the company at the beginning of my internship rather than towards the end so I know what to expect.

Great experience
Charleston, SC | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Management

The salary of the fulltime offer.

Great employer, expect a low offer.

Advice to Management

Opening compensation for recent graduates

You'll learn more here than in school
Phoenix, AZ | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and culture of the company made it a very comfortable work environment. This made it enjoyable to wake up for work every morning. Also, my managers were very helpful and encouraging in getting training in relevant areas.

The amount of time wasted setting up my computer...I wanted to work!

Definitely look on the company website and ask questions during the interview about what the actual job entails. Sometimes the job descriptions on the websites are not clear.

Advice to Management

I think that a better system for bringing new employees up to speed would be helpful. Also, try to have the computers loaded with the proper software before so days are not wasted waiting for tech.

Boeing pays you to work hard, learn, and become more valuable to them
Charleston, SC | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company and my coworkers placed a huge emphasis on making sure that I understood anything in which I was involved.

Traffic on the way to work?

Start studying subjects such as aerospace and composites as soon as possible. Be respectful, helpful, and friendly to everyone you meet.

Advice to Management

My department did well with employee retention, but I know that other departments did not do as well.

An exciting opportunity that took me to new places, gave me excellent work experience and a leg up on the competition.
Auburn, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about what other parts of the company does, going on tours, the people and the effort to include me as an intern in the company.

The division between the floor workers and the engineers. Nothing severe, just a noticeable edge between the two groups.

Boeing is a big company, which will have many down sides, such as the slow pace of change and aversion to risk. Yet Boeing does a great job with the number of job opportunities within the company, compensation, and they produce an exciting product.

Advice to Management

I would like to have the ability to go to graduate school full time and have that paid for by the company and then go to work for them full time, rather than having to get a graduate degree part time. I can see why they don't do this though.