Boeing Intern Program

4.5 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 197 Intern Reviews)

An exceptional learning experience about both the company itself and real engineering practices
Seattle, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated like a full-time engineer, with full responsibility. I was able to network with many other programs and positions with in the company including executives, and other locations.

I was very pleased and found no real cons to my internship.

Experiences vary from person to person, so the only way to know for a fact is try it out for yourself, but I myself found the Boeing intern program very exceptional and a great learning experience. My mentors were very helpful but let me go off on my own. The intern program also provides many opportunities for networking, touring company labs and factories/offices, and recreation.

Opportunity of a Lifetime!
Wichita, KS | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning experience and the people.

Not being informed in the beginning of the background process and finding out about a date.

Great Company to work with, many areas to look into.

Advice to Management

More youth in the company.

Challenging internship that helped me grow and develop
Saint Louis, MO | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

very challenging, real work, excellent programs, great mentors

confusing organizational structure

If you do not like a challenge then this is not for you.

Advice to Management

there was some confusion at the end of the internship about the next step due to a lack of communication between HR and management and then management to the interns.

Boeing is a great place to make friends, get experience, and enjoy your work.
Saint Louis, MO | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting experience in my field.

I enjoyed all of it.

Boeing really works with you to place you in positions that will work well for you. Do as much research as you can into where you might want to go, and they will probably work with you to get you there. (Applicable to the accelerated hiring process).

Advice to Management

None.

Real Engineering projects that matter, not busywork or fetching coffee.
Bellevue, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The manager was extremely helpful and flexible. I broke my ankle the night before I was supposed to fly to Washington. He allowed me to start 3 weeks later, and I was treated the same as a regular employee. Everyone was very kind and helpful as I got around on crutches the whole summer!

Finding an apartment on my own was tough, as I was coming from Indiana.

Go for it. They are a big company, but I was treated well and not as just another number.

Greatest learning experience to grow and find my niche
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The open environment and welcoming feeling from other co-workers.

Nothing was not like.

Be open to asking questions and have an open mind.

"A summer of learning that pays you!"
Seattle, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

opportunity to learn, see many areas of the company, hands on experience and projects

Short period of time to master the skills needed to perform at a high level and add value

Great company to intern for. They care about their interns, expose them to intern classes, tours, and many functions. Informational Interviews are definitely encouraged!

Incredible range of difficult, challenging, and rewarding tasks with plenty of room to learn
Kent, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was challenged and had high expectations set on me, and was able to impress my boss's boss.

I didn't really dislike anything.

Work hard, show up on time, and ask plenty of questions.

Advice to Management

Give interns important tasks, it makes them feel more useful and they may surpass your expectations.

Boeing pays you to work hard, learn, and become more valuable to them
Charleston, SC | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company and my coworkers placed a huge emphasis on making sure that I understood anything in which I was involved.

Traffic on the way to work?

Start studying subjects such as aerospace and composites as soon as possible. Be respectful, helpful, and friendly to everyone you meet.

Advice to Management

My department did well with employee retention, but I know that other departments did not do as well.

An exciting opportunity that took me to new places, gave me excellent work experience and a leg up on the competition.
Auburn, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about what other parts of the company does, going on tours, the people and the effort to include me as an intern in the company.

The division between the floor workers and the engineers. Nothing severe, just a noticeable edge between the two groups.

Boeing is a big company, which will have many down sides, such as the slow pace of change and aversion to risk. Yet Boeing does a great job with the number of job opportunities within the company, compensation, and they produce an exciting product.

Advice to Management

I would like to have the ability to go to graduate school full time and have that paid for by the company and then go to work for them full time, rather than having to get a graduate degree part time. I can see why they don't do this though.