AeroVironment 2014 Summer Engineering Internships

Intern at AeroVironment 2014 Summer Engineering Internships? Log in to Submit a Review

Best internship experience.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyday, showing up, and being hands on and involved.

There were no cons.

It is necessary to be relaxed and easy going when interviewing and interacting with the company. AV is one of the most laid back companies there are and they try hard to maintain an easy going nature.

A rapidly moving environment with a large amount of satisfaction when complete.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to work with physical flight hardware. The ability go to a flight test and watch the simulations in real life. The amount of trust to work with hardware as part of the day to day job.

The lack of structure for executing a task. The large amount of tribal knowledge about the product versus documented materials.

Spend as much time as possible working on projects in school. It is a fun position to have and doesn't not feel like work. A lot will be expected of you when working.

Repait Logistics Intern
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The friendly co-workers and laid back work environment made my experiance confortable and welcomed. Also it was great that I was able to get close interaction with multiply departments and see how each department interacted with eachother.

I worked by myself often and would have liked more interaction with other interns.

This was one of the most enjoyable employers I have ever worked for. All the employees were friendly and I had a wonderful experiance in my internship.

Supportive, fun environment with interesting projects that let you succeed

Great co-workers
Projects tailored to your skill set and interests
Flexibility within project guidelines

Not much to do in Simi Valley
Lots of undocumented procedural stuffs

The only real down-side to Simi Valley is that there isn't much to do in the town. Make sure to explore the surrounding areas including the coast, LA, and Pasadena on weekends.

Advice to Management

More documentation of company procedures would be extremely helpful for people just starting out.

An opportunity to surround myself with very intelligent people working to advance aerospace technologies.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Lots of support from full time employees
-A community that wanted to help me learn
-lots of freedom
-lots of resources

-The commute to work
-Some of the secrecy
-lack of intern events/opportunities to meet each other

-Make sure you can live in Simi Valley

Test Engineering Internship.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company had an excellent machine shop that I used frequently.

I worked under 2 different people, one was excellent and another was busy quite often, which caused for some confusion as to what I would be doing for a significant amount of the internship.

I would tell interns to get access to the machine shop quickly. The town itself doesn't have a whole lot to do and there aren't many young college-aged people there that I noticed, so the machine shop definitely kept my interests piqued.

Advice to Management

Allow two interns to work as a unit. There was a lot of worry for interns getting along, but in reality people are more efficient when working as a group and this would definitely build skillsets faster.