SapientNitro Internship Program

Date: 2013

The most valuable and real life experience anyone could ask for within this field.

For me, the best aspects while working here was the work. I liked that all the work we had was on a tight schedule but also flexible. I enjoyed constantly working on projects here and the way work was distributed and organized was incredible.

The only thing i would say that I liked the least was the wait times. Sometimes i would have to wait for a Project manager to send me feedback on work I was doing, and i would have to wait a while before working again. I wouldn't accept any other asks because i knew that if i did, it would take a bit a time to do, and during that time, i would have gotten the feedback I was waiting for, and then I would have too many things to do. But the wait time is understandable, as i am pretty sure there had been times where they had to wait for me.

If your looking for a place where you will get the most experience in the field, then this is a great place to be. You will learn so much, not just about the field, but how you interact with those outside of it. Workplace relationships are incredibly collaborative and organized and always makes sure you can handle what you're doing. There are a lot of in-house activities and the environment is outstanding.

Advice to Management

i think the one thing that would be best to work on in order to improve organization, would to have employee's always give ETAs so that the one waiting knows how long to wait. This makes it easier for us to pick and choose what to work on in the mean time.

When can I go back!?!

The ability to work autonomously. My supervisor trusted in my ability to do my job and encouraged me as well as guided me through their preferred processes.

I enjoyed my time there and cannot think of a con.

The company understands that ideas come from everywhere. Be confident in your abilities and give examples that will display initiative and creativity.

Interesting Summer with a lot of new Experience

Getting to meet new people and learning how to work a new website were some of the best aspects of the internship.

I disliked having to wait for content to come in for me to do some jobs.

Just be very relaxed and have fun.

Date: 2013

An incredible introduction to agency culture.

The positive energy of everyone at the office as well as the variety of the projects

Perhaps not the career path that I want to pursue.

Always ask questions and be willing to learn. Also, even though I may not want to pursue a career in marketing, I learned things from this internship that will be invaluable to me.

Advice to Management

Perhaps a paid internship.

A Warm Welcome to the Agency Life

I loved my work environment and the pride I felt in my work. The people I worked with were helpful, intelligent, creative, and hilarious. I loved the balance of learning I got from learning from those around me and learning from doing work hands on. It was really cool to actually contribute to real advertising campaigns, websites, and blogs.

Working in an advertising agency isn't the normal 9-5 with consistant busy work. I sometimes found myself with not much to do and other times I would be flooded with work and deadlines. It took a little getting used to but this is usually normal for this type of profession.

SapientNitro has an awesome office culture and is filled with brilliant approachable people. Everyone constantly works hard but also has a great sense of humor and an open mind. If you intern here, you will make great connections and have a rewarding experience.

Date: 2013

I took part in an exceptional internship program that exposed me to many wonderful people and interesting areas of business

Excellent mentor. The company culture was awesome and everyone was very eager to answer my questions or to help me out on something I might have been working on. I felt like people didn't just give me busy work, they gave me the option to take part in meaningful work.

Obviously not being paid is unfortunate but I felt like I really learned a lot in my time. There are really not many negatives that I can think of. I would take this unpaid internship over a paid internship where I wasn't given responsibilities any day.

It is up to you to make the most of the program. The only way people are going to give you more responsibility is to prove to them that you can handle the simple things first.

Advice to Management

Nothing I can think of.

Date: 2013

A practical intern experience that gives you direct insight into how the industry works, while being a part of a relaxed, dynamic culture.

The best aspects of this internship are the opportunities to get extremely involved in all steps of the current projects, the culture of the Sapient office, the overarching internship project that allows interns to do a live simulation of one of Sapient's main initiatives, the personal supervisor, and the freedom to move around to different departments throughout the internship.

What I like least about the intership is that there is not always a lot of work to do, and there is not a lot of material that I feel like I "own."

My advice to potential interns is to come into the internship with an open mind and the willingness to be very flexible to try out different domains and take advantage of all the opportunities available to you as an intern.

Advice to Management

The only recommendation I have to management is to maybe provide a little more training and overview of the company and what it's about before jumping into the work itself.

Date: 2013

Inspirational experience for college students

Get to interact with many people

Interns often have to initiate networking

Be initiative, dont wait until others to give you instructions.

Advice to Management

Everything is great, if anything, I would wish this internship is paid. But other than that everything is perfect. People are extremely nice and helpful.

Date: 2013

If you want to gain exposure and are willing to work hard, this is the internship for you.

My boss was great and worked hard to help me learn I got the opportunity to learn a great deal and actually contribute to meaningful project

Did not recieve any pay

You need to work hard, go above and beyond, and always look for opportunities to do more.

Advice to Management

They could have paid me I guess. Even though I worked here for ten weeks I do not feel qualified to answer this question.

Date: 2013

Learning about innovation in a creative workspace

Getting to actually really be in projects with real clients and not just doing chores for the people in the office. I felt like I was actually helping people. The structure of the office was nice as well everyone is very inviting and nice.

The ebb and flow of work. Sometimes I was very busy and other days I had nothing.

Expect to work hard but don't take yourself too seriously. Make sure to ask question whenever possible.