Intern at Dominion Enterprises Internship Program? Submit a Review

Corey's Internship Review

Norfolk, VA | April 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

I was trained hands on how to write meta tags, ppc ads, and more.
The hours were flexible.
I received college credit for it.
Employees enjoy working here and communicate well with one another.

I couldn't talk to real clients.
I didn't get the chance to assist in a re marketing campaign.
Unpaid
I didn't get to learn as much as I wanted to overall.(I'd seen Google Analytics and Adwords before)

Comments

Be proactive and ask a ton of questions.
The internship is only 90 days so take full advantage of every day that you are here.
Ask for extra projects for more exposure.
Network

Dominion Enterprises Internship Program

Norfolk, VA | April 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

The best part of my internship was the team I worked with. Everyone was really friendly and always made me feel part of the team. I got to attend a lot of strategic meetings and see how decisions are made. My supervisor genuinely cared about what was going on in my life and what I was learning in school and would assign me projects to help me get the hands on experience to supplement. They also spent a lot of time preparing me for life after graduation and helped me with my resume, and even discussed positions within the company.

The only complaint I would have about this internship is the fact that it was unpaid and I was required to receive college credit to be able do the internship. I understand that you want to make sure students are working these positions but I feel that if it is a requirement for the student to have to pay for the internship class the the internship should be paid. A three credit course can cost nearly $1000 and may not be a possibility for students who can't afford the extra course they may not need, but still want the experience. Luckily I had a second job to help pay for the course. If the internship is unpaid I feel like verifying the students enrollment, but not requiring them to register for the class would be fair.

Comments

Dominion is a great place to work for.The company's culture is really great, everyone in the building is really friendly and I am sad to end my internship here.

My internship experience here at Dominion

Norfolk, VA | April 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

working with co-workers. Management seemed really concerned that I got what was needed from the internship.

Really wasn't able to work with project managers and get to learn inner workings of project management.

Comments

Just make sure the internship is giving you what you need for your career field.

Prime Developer Internship

Pittsfield, MA | April 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

There were many outstanding aspects of my internship with Dominion. The team I worked with was phenomenal. i was quickly accepted as one of the team. I felt comfortable very quickly and was immediately able to participate in all team activities and tasks. I learned very quickly as I was given interesting and challenging task. However, even with the challenging task I never felt overwhelmed as the team would gladly help me in anything I was working on. Overall the greatest aspect of my internship was the emphasis on learning and the team helping me feel accepted and welcome.

The worst thing about the internship is that it is not paid completely throughout. The internship was amazing and I took it knowing that I had a maximum number of paid hours, but I did have a few difficulties due to monetary concerns.

Comments

This is my third internship that I have had. This was easily the best of the three. I was quickly able to learn and participate, and the internship was very hands on. The community that is Dominion was very fun and welcoming and very rarely have I been in a work environment that was so very positive. I have learned more during this internship than I thought I would. It was easily one of the best decisions I have made in my college career.

Amazing Opportunity

Norfolk, VA | April 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

Being able to get experience in many different fields of marketing and having a knowledgeable team willing to learn. Each day is filled with new projects.

I really didn't experience any "downers." I enjoy coming in and being able to learn. I don't necessarily like every aspect of marketing, but this opportunity gives me the ability to see what it is that I do like and want to continue doing in the "real-world."

Comments

This is a great company that cares about their employees and interns. The people you will be working with are extremely knowledgeable and are hard workers. There is so much to learn and experience to gain.

Great Opportunity

Norfolk, VA | April 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

Real tasks that contributed to the production deployments
Good Work Environment
Good People

Nothing, it was a good experience. No complaints about working here

Comments

This is the opportunity to showcase your skills, so work hard and most probably you will be rewarded with a full time job opportunity.

Fun, exciting work while learning from industry professionals.

Norfolk, VA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with industry professionals.

Nothing I can think of.

Be focused and work orientated.

Fulfilling and Great Opportunity Taken at Dominion Enterprises.

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Was given real tasks that were implemented
Friendly co-workers
Received great guidance on work

Not receiving pay (received academic credits)
Getting out later than I am used to

The overall environment of the workplace is very positive. Everyone is friendly and has a good sense of humor. However, when it's time to work, it's time to work and everyone is focused. There's no manager breathing over your shoulder, so you're expected to discipline yourself and get your work done up to standards.

A great learning experience

Norfolk, VA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting new people and figure out how the real world actual works

Nothing, it went extremely well/

Extremely nice to interns and treat them great

I worked 500+ unpaid hours. It was totally worth it.

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible Hours - I was able to take a few hours off if I needed to for whatever reason (appointments and such) and make them up on another day.
College Credit - I finished college a semester early and my final semester I had this internship and an online course. It was pretty easy to work 40 hours a week and still get my coursework done. I was able to get the credits I needed and valuable work experience looks great on a resume.
Work Environment - My boss was one of the coolest people I've ever met. There was a relaxed atmosphere that allowed for humor despite being under constant pressure to get features developed and bugs fixed.
Interview Process - As a software developer, I had never had a technical interview until I interviewed for my internship. That alone was a unique, challenging, and rewarding experience.
Mistakes that I made were learning experiences, and I guess I didn't mess up too much, so they offered me a job

Unpaid - Unfortunately it was unpaid so the fact I wasn't making any money during the 3 months was somewhat difficult to manage.

Even if you aren't getting paid, as long as you are willing to sacrifice the money short-term, it will definitely pay off long-term. Not only because you will have valued experience, personal connections, and its and easy transition if you do get hired.

I had a technical interview, as a software developer. I was given a small set of tasks I had to complete within my interview time slot. It was just so the manager could see that I could actually code and he could observe my coding style and how quickly I could problem solve. Most of the questions were to see if I actually was competent enough to work for them.
"Do you know Agile software development"
"How familiar are you with the programming languages we use"
"You are aware that this internship is unpaid"
"Would you want to work for us if a position became available"

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.