Intern at Dominion Enterprises Internship Program? Submit a Review

Great company to work for, wish I could work part time in the fall.

Norfolk, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to relate what I have learned in school and being able to apply it to every day situations in the business world.

The ay would be the only down side of my internship. Because I am not able to work both of my jobs full time this summer, I am loosing a good source of my income that I was using in the past to pay for school.

Be able to work well with co-workers, work well with technology, being able to adapt to new technology, able to reach out to customers, proficient in Excel skills.

First and best corporate experience I could've asked for.

Norfolk, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were my favorite part, as previously stated. From C-level execs to managers and coworkers, everyone was in good spirits and was encouraging. My supervisor always gave me important work as well. I was never bored or doing busy work. My input and opinions were always acknowledged and I immediately felt like part of the DE team.

There weren't any negative aspects about my internship.

The culture is very laid back.

Great opportunity to start my career with.

Norfolk, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interview process, work culture and training process.

Decision making process in offering full-time position was slow and unclear.

It is a best place for beginners to learn and build their career.

Advice to Management

Decision making process in hiring a candidate can be made faster and transparent.

What design strategies would you use to create a website?
What security measures would you take to keep your client's information safe?
How would you resolve a conflict among you and another team member without making it a big issue?

Network and improve an application with a great team of developers.

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I love how connected the team is and how involved you are with the work you do.

Nothing I can think of, really.

The team working on the application has amazing work ethic and are very well connected.

The classic FizzBuzz program.
Create a program that identifies if a word is a palindrome.

The Best Internship Program for College Students.

Plano, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team I worked was always there to help me. The President and higher ups of the company work in the same building and will make sure that you are successful. You get a personalized email and you will have access to any program you might need to excel. You get a sales force account. They will help you network and help along the way with any problems you come across. You learn a lot about many different jobs in the office. You get the skills you need to be successful. Good pay. Everything I have done has helped someone in the company they do not give busy work. Every project I have worked on has been interesting.

There were no negatives on the job. Only thing that might help is a few training videos directed towards future interns.

You need to know that this organization wants you to learn a lot about many different fields. Come ready to learn because I learned a lot more in this summer internship than in all of my Marketing classes in college. This internship is not limited to one sector of the office so try to learn from everyone.

Advice to Management

I thought the management was excellent and the managers truly want everyone to do well. I noticed the managers work just as hard as their employees and they do a great job of making everyone feel welcomed. Keep up the good work.

What are some skills you have that qualify you for this job?

I was able to complete various projects and was able to get an understanding of what and strengths and weakness are.

Company environment.

None, everyone was super helpful!

Knowing how to use Excel.

Actually got to program, great experience overall

Norfolk, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

My favorite part of this internship is that I am given the opportunity to program independently but my team is always happy to help if I need it. It has been great to get involved with other DE and LiveNFK events as well. The LiveNFK program was a great addition to this internship and really made it clear that DE wanted the interns to enjoy being here.

The only thing I can think of is that it is a lot to pick up on in the beginning but that would be at any company and I think ForRent and specifically, the R&D team, did a great job at getting me started.

The company seems to really value the interns and you can wear jeans! If you feel that the team you're going to be working with is a good fit for you, I'd say go for it.

From the here to success

Norfolk, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to work with a great company

Nothing everything was great no problems what so ever

Great company to work for. Great learning experience

It was a perfect fit.

Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

getting to work on real projects that are in production

I didn't have any complaints.

They exceeded my expectations.

Fast, Fun, and Friendly Environment

Norfolk, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Friendly culture and employees and great opportunities afterwards

Just a short time to experience the full job

Don't stress out too much, it never helps