Intern at Dominion Enterprises Internship Program? Submit a Review

Fun, exciting work while learning from industry professionals.

Norfolk, VA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with industry professionals.

Nothing I can think of.

Be focused and work orientated.

Fulfilling and Great Opportunity Taken at Dominion Enterprises.

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Was given real tasks that were implemented
Friendly co-workers
Received great guidance on work

Not receiving pay (received academic credits)
Getting out later than I am used to

The overall environment of the workplace is very positive. Everyone is friendly and has a good sense of humor. However, when it's time to work, it's time to work and everyone is focused. There's no manager breathing over your shoulder, so you're expected to discipline yourself and get your work done up to standards.

A great learning experience

Norfolk, VA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting new people and figure out how the real world actual works

Nothing, it went extremely well/

Extremely nice to interns and treat them great

I worked 500+ unpaid hours. It was totally worth it.

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible Hours - I was able to take a few hours off if I needed to for whatever reason (appointments and such) and make them up on another day.
College Credit - I finished college a semester early and my final semester I had this internship and an online course. It was pretty easy to work 40 hours a week and still get my coursework done. I was able to get the credits I needed and valuable work experience looks great on a resume.
Work Environment - My boss was one of the coolest people I've ever met. There was a relaxed atmosphere that allowed for humor despite being under constant pressure to get features developed and bugs fixed.
Interview Process - As a software developer, I had never had a technical interview until I interviewed for my internship. That alone was a unique, challenging, and rewarding experience.
Mistakes that I made were learning experiences, and I guess I didn't mess up too much, so they offered me a job

Unpaid - Unfortunately it was unpaid so the fact I wasn't making any money during the 3 months was somewhat difficult to manage.

Even if you aren't getting paid, as long as you are willing to sacrifice the money short-term, it will definitely pay off long-term. Not only because you will have valued experience, personal connections, and its and easy transition if you do get hired.

I had a technical interview, as a software developer. I was given a small set of tasks I had to complete within my interview time slot. It was just so the manager could see that I could actually code and he could observe my coding style and how quickly I could problem solve. Most of the questions were to see if I actually was competent enough to work for them.
"Do you know Agile software development"
"How familiar are you with the programming languages we use"
"You are aware that this internship is unpaid"
"Would you want to work for us if a position became available"

I did real work for real customers. I could not have asked for anything more from an internship.

Norfolk, VA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given the opportunity to work on customers websites.

I do not really have any complaints, but unpaid internships could be financially difficult for some candidates.

From my experience this employer has excellent people and lots of opportunity.

Digital Envoy aids in career development by teaching the industry's best practices

Atlanta, GA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people there are good people to work with

Fluorescent lighting on a computer screen hurts the eyes

DE is a really great company to work for

Advice to Management

None

Code related questions

Fun and vibrant atmosphere and challenged my everyday.

Norfolk, VA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

being able to write my own content and working with fun people who care about my well being.

sometimes it was a little boring to write blogs all day long.

It is a very fun environment and the people make the job worth while.

Advice to Management

compensation and more work opportunity.

Where do I see myself in the next 5 years.
What 3 features will help our work environment.

Summer of Applicable Work and Fun

Norfolk, VA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was great being a part of a team that really made it a fun place to work. They gave me good work that kept me busy and was applicable to what I am learning in school.

There wasn't really anything that I can think of that I did not like about the internship.

Be willing to add to the already great and diverse community atmosphere that Dominion has.

An Internship Opening Doors to Limitless Possibilities

Norfolk, VA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects are being able to explore different areas of the company aside from the department I was working in, it gave me the opportunity to see what kind of careers are available le in the company.

The only con I can really think of is that the internship was unpaid. The company kind of makes up for this though through the LiveNFK program.

I would tell any future interns to take advantage of all the company has to offer; go to all the events, go to all the meetings that you can, and network with the employees that work there.

Advice to Management

I got the impression that it is rather difficult to move up in the company unless already in a management position; maybe look at lower level employees that exceed expectations for possible advancements in a any future opportunities,.

"Why do you want to work here?"
"Why do you hope to gain from this experience?"

Excellent mentorship, excellent experience

Norfolk, VA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentorship was the best aspect of the internship.

Not being paid was the worst aspect of the internship.

Very fast paced and young environment. DE is a good place to learn about the marketing industry and be up to date on up and coming trends.