Bernstein-Rein Summer Internship Program

4.1 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 14 Intern Reviews)

Not only great, but fun.
Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people who work there and the clients.

Hmmm...I wish there was a pool.

What kind of people work there is impressive. The overall feeling in the company is pretty positive.

How do you work? What are you interested in? Do you work well with others?

Advice to Management

Maybe promotion. Training was extensive. I feel maybe it could be consolidated or handled a different way to make more time for the development of the campaign. But I did enjoy some kind of training.

Summer advertising internship in Creative at BR was absolutely fantastic learning/networking experience w/ awesome culture/people
Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People were all talented, eager to help, nice, and smart. I made lots of friends and connections who made me look forward to coming in to work every day (and made it not seem like work). I learned an incredible amount about the world of advertising, how an office operates, and creative/art direction. I got to work on real client projects as well as a hypothetical intern project.

I wish the internship would have lasted longer.

If you've never worked in advertising, or don't think you're interested in it, don't write off this internship. It is still an amazing learning experience.

Best in the Midwest Summer Internship
Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Great mentors who were genuine and extremely intelegent

- Other interns were not up to par with the rest of the company

--------------------------------------------

Advice to Management

- Step up recruiting intern process - most interns were not up to company standards

- Outline expectations for mentors

Great place, great people, great summer
Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Engaging projects - No "typical" intern work. Amazing work culture. Extremely reasonable hours and pay. Ability to gain an understanding of an adverting from from key executives.

Sometimes lacked work to do. Seldom saw the result of our efforts. Internal "politics" with specific individuals.

There is a company kickball team, and it's awesome.

Learning valuable creative and life knowledge through real world work.
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real world experience. Great creative support. Team building exercises. Broad set of client work.

Less focus on intern final project and more focus on client work. I feel that I benefitted the most from this work.

Manage time. Stay ahead of the work as much as possible. Ask lots of questions! Enjoy your time as an intern!

Advice to Management

I had a great time interning with BR. I would say, again, less focus on the internship project and more focus on real world client work. This work helped me a lot with time management and understanding the process that work goes through in the advertising world.

BR Intern Has Opportunity of a Lifetime, Achieves Unlimited Twinkies
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of this internship included learning the inter-workings of an ad agency. I was able to see each department of the agency come together as a cohesive unit to produce truly incredible creative work. I was able to learn the duties and responsibilities of an account executive while bettering my leadership and communication skills. This internship helped me to learn that after I graduate, I absolutely want to work in an advertising agency.

The only thing I wish had been different is that we had received our intern project client immediately upon arriving for our first week rather than midway through.

When it comes to internships at advertising agencies, there is no better place than Bernstein-Rein. On your first day, you are immediately welcomed into the BR family and are able to do real work for real clients. The skills I learned during my summer at BR will set me apart from others when I venture out into the workplace after college. BR is filled with incredible people who create even more incredible work. And, if you still need some convincing, there is a ping pong table.

Advice to Management

I have no complaints about my experience at BR.

Learned more in eight weeks at BR than I have learned in all my schooling combined.
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

BR services clients of all sizes and types, meaning that your unique skill sets can be utilized. The people are incredible, and most importantly REAL. Everyone is understanding and completely motivated, which creates a unique workspace of creativity and impact.

There is a lot of real-life work assigned to you which creates some stress, but that's just the name of the game in advertising. Wouldn't change a single thing about the BR internship.

If you want to gain lifelong experience in the world of competitive advertising, BR is among the best agencies in the United States to provide you a giant advantage over your peers when entering the workforce.

Incredible Real-World Experience.
Kansas City, MO | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great place for an involved, real-world experience. No **** intern work (like getting coffee, making copies). You actually get to do what you are hired to do.

Not a lot of opportunity for full-time employment afterward.

If you get this competitive spot, put as much in as you can. Your teammates are counting on you and you have an INCREDIBLE opportunity to get your name out in Kansas City and make fantastic connections. Do not waste a DAY. Ask for extra work. And BE GRATEFUL. It's a great resume builder and opportunity.

Advice to Management

Offer information about how to get a job in this industry after the internship since it's clear going in that there are no openings upon completion. It'd be a good to know in this current economy/job market.

Keep Going.
Kansas City, MO | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with professionals and incredibly talented/motivated people was an AMAZING experience.

Not enough time for ping pong.

I loved it, everyone was really nice and looking to make good work. If thats what you want to be around then go interview.

Advice to Management

From an intern perspective, nothing. They treated us like royalty.

Amazing advertising experience working on national clients
Kansas City, MO | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, the company culture, and the clients I worked on.

I knew going into it that it was unlikely that I would receive a full time position after I immediately graduated from school.

Be ready for anything and show that you are passionate about what you do.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have some diversity in terms of where people go to school.