Intern at Bernstein-Rein Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Not only great, but fun.

Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people who work there and the clients.

Hmmm...I wish there was a pool.

What kind of people work there is impressive. The overall feeling in the company is pretty positive.

How do you work? What are you interested in? Do you work well with others?

Advice to Management

Maybe promotion. Training was extensive. I feel maybe it could be consolidated or handled a different way to make more time for the development of the campaign. But I did enjoy some kind of training.

Summer advertising internship in Creative at BR was absolutely fantastic learning/networking experience w/ awesome culture/people

Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People were all talented, eager to help, nice, and smart. I made lots of friends and connections who made me look forward to coming in to work every day (and made it not seem like work). I learned an incredible amount about the world of advertising, how an office operates, and creative/art direction. I got to work on real client projects as well as a hypothetical intern project.

I wish the internship would have lasted longer.

If you've never worked in advertising, or don't think you're interested in it, don't write off this internship. It is still an amazing learning experience.

Best in the Midwest Summer Internship

Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Great mentors who were genuine and extremely intelegent

- Other interns were not up to par with the rest of the company

--------------------------------------------

Advice to Management

- Step up recruiting intern process - most interns were not up to company standards

- Outline expectations for mentors

Great place, great people, great summer

Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Engaging projects - No "typical" intern work. Amazing work culture. Extremely reasonable hours and pay. Ability to gain an understanding of an adverting from from key executives.

Sometimes lacked work to do. Seldom saw the result of our efforts. Internal "politics" with specific individuals.

There is a company kickball team, and it's awesome.

Learning valuable creative and life knowledge through real world work.

Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real world experience. Great creative support. Team building exercises. Broad set of client work.

Less focus on intern final project and more focus on client work. I feel that I benefitted the most from this work.

Manage time. Stay ahead of the work as much as possible. Ask lots of questions! Enjoy your time as an intern!

Advice to Management

I had a great time interning with BR. I would say, again, less focus on the internship project and more focus on real world client work. This work helped me a lot with time management and understanding the process that work goes through in the advertising world.

BR Intern Has Opportunity of a Lifetime, Achieves Unlimited Twinkies

Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of this internship included learning the inter-workings of an ad agency. I was able to see each department of the agency come together as a cohesive unit to produce truly incredible creative work. I was able to learn the duties and responsibilities of an account executive while bettering my leadership and communication skills. This internship helped me to learn that after I graduate, I absolutely want to work in an advertising agency.

The only thing I wish had been different is that we had received our intern project client immediately upon arriving for our first week rather than midway through.

When it comes to internships at advertising agencies, there is no better place than Bernstein-Rein. On your first day, you are immediately welcomed into the BR family and are able to do real work for real clients. The skills I learned during my summer at BR will set me apart from others when I venture out into the workplace after college. BR is filled with incredible people who create even more incredible work. And, if you still need some convincing, there is a ping pong table.

Advice to Management

I have no complaints about my experience at BR.

Learned more in eight weeks at BR than I have learned in all my schooling combined.

Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

BR services clients of all sizes and types, meaning that your unique skill sets can be utilized. The people are incredible, and most importantly REAL. Everyone is understanding and completely motivated, which creates a unique workspace of creativity and impact.

There is a lot of real-life work assigned to you which creates some stress, but that's just the name of the game in advertising. Wouldn't change a single thing about the BR internship.

If you want to gain lifelong experience in the world of competitive advertising, BR is among the best agencies in the United States to provide you a giant advantage over your peers when entering the workforce.