Bernstein-Rein Summer Internship Program

Learning valuable creative and life knowledge through real world work.
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real world experience. Great creative support. Team building exercises. Broad set of client work.

Less focus on intern final project and more focus on client work. I feel that I benefitted the most from this work.

Manage time. Stay ahead of the work as much as possible. Ask lots of questions! Enjoy your time as an intern!

Advice to Management

I had a great time interning with BR. I would say, again, less focus on the internship project and more focus on real world client work. This work helped me a lot with time management and understanding the process that work goes through in the advertising world.

BR Intern Has Opportunity of a Lifetime, Achieves Unlimited Twinkies
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of this internship included learning the inter-workings of an ad agency. I was able to see each department of the agency come together as a cohesive unit to produce truly incredible creative work. I was able to learn the duties and responsibilities of an account executive while bettering my leadership and communication skills. This internship helped me to learn that after I graduate, I absolutely want to work in an advertising agency.

The only thing I wish had been different is that we had received our intern project client immediately upon arriving for our first week rather than midway through.

When it comes to internships at advertising agencies, there is no better place than Bernstein-Rein. On your first day, you are immediately welcomed into the BR family and are able to do real work for real clients. The skills I learned during my summer at BR will set me apart from others when I venture out into the workplace after college. BR is filled with incredible people who create even more incredible work. And, if you still need some convincing, there is a ping pong table.

Advice to Management

I have no complaints about my experience at BR.

Learned more in eight weeks at BR than I have learned in all my schooling combined.
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

BR services clients of all sizes and types, meaning that your unique skill sets can be utilized. The people are incredible, and most importantly REAL. Everyone is understanding and completely motivated, which creates a unique workspace of creativity and impact.

There is a lot of real-life work assigned to you which creates some stress, but that's just the name of the game in advertising. Wouldn't change a single thing about the BR internship.

If you want to gain lifelong experience in the world of competitive advertising, BR is among the best agencies in the United States to provide you a giant advantage over your peers when entering the workforce.

Incredible Real-World Experience.
Kansas City, MO | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great place for an involved, real-world experience. No **** intern work (like getting coffee, making copies). You actually get to do what you are hired to do.

Not a lot of opportunity for full-time employment afterward.

If you get this competitive spot, put as much in as you can. Your teammates are counting on you and you have an INCREDIBLE opportunity to get your name out in Kansas City and make fantastic connections. Do not waste a DAY. Ask for extra work. And BE GRATEFUL. It's a great resume builder and opportunity.

Advice to Management

Offer information about how to get a job in this industry after the internship since it's clear going in that there are no openings upon completion. It'd be a good to know in this current economy/job market.

Amazing advertising experience working on national clients
Kansas City, MO | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, the company culture, and the clients I worked on.

I knew going into it that it was unlikely that I would receive a full time position after I immediately graduated from school.

Be ready for anything and show that you are passionate about what you do.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have some diversity in terms of where people go to school.

Keep Going.
Kansas City, MO | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with professionals and incredibly talented/motivated people was an AMAZING experience.

Not enough time for ping pong.

I loved it, everyone was really nice and looking to make good work. If thats what you want to be around then go interview.

Advice to Management

From an intern perspective, nothing. They treated us like royalty.

This was a great experience that gave me a real world feel of the advertising industry
Kansas City, MO | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The office culture and my mentor

I think the internship could be longer

Go in wanting to really apply yourself and make friends with the other interns

Advice to Management

Great work place

Learning through observing and actively participating in a fun, appropriately challenging and fast paced environment.
Kansas City, MO | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

We were treated as professionals. It resulted in real-life understanding of the field, many things which are not teachable in a classroom. Internship was paid (and decent amount, too)

I had to commute 45 miles to and from work each day.

Very welcoming community to the intern. I would recommend this internship experience. The company requires that the intern have at least one semester left of school, so they do not offer full-time positions at the end of the

Advice to Management

Employee appreciation at the lower levels seemed to lack. Everyone at the company puts in hard work, but it only seemed to be recognized at the senior/exec level and this seemed to frusterate people in entry level up to mid-level positions.

Must like coffee
Kansas City, MO | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Final intern project is very rewarding

Final intern project is very stressful

Be able to handle stress well. Environment is fun. Intern program is well organzied.

Advice to Management

Difficult to be a new, shiny intern when the overall company morale is largely negative with no promises to hire.

A wonderful experience and portfolio builder.
Kansas City, MO | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know the other talented interns and employees.
Creating a great portfolio piece for my book. :) -- Best part!
Being able to see how an agency works and learning new skills.
Networking with other creatives prior to leaving school.

Not getting enough leadership or overall advice from mentors. The biggest issue I had!
The travel I had to endure everyday (more of a personal dislike).
Career advancement at Bernstein-Rein, granted I believe this had to do with other issues in the agency.
That the internship program was only for juniors in college verses opening up to seniors.

Be fearless in your internship project to create a useful portfolio piece! Be aware of your team and the agency life so you can decide if this is the right career for you after school.

Advice to Management

Be sure to designate mentors that actually want to be mentors in order for the intern to get the best out of their experience.