Wipfli Internship Program

Date: 2013

wipfli treats interns like real staff

Socials for employees The fact that interns get to be involved with clients.

There is nothing I didn't like

be open to new experiences and don't be afraid to ask questions

Advice to Management

Give more evaluations throughout the internship

Date: 2013

Terrific opportunity to learn as much as possible, get to know Wipfli as a company, and have a great time doing it.

I loved the extensive training I received; I now feel prepared to start a career in tax accounting and am confident it is what I want to do. I also loved interacting with staff at all levels of the company; the partners were just as eager to mentor interns as the staff and senior accountants. The pay was terrific, the hours were typical tax season hours, and the company did a great job of making sure we knew what was expected of us and still had room for flexibility.

The training was a bit overwhelming at first, but was definitely worth it in the end.

My best advice is to interview; you can get a sense of who works at the company, the type of work that will be expected of you, and the culture you can expect to find. Wipfli offers competitive pay, a fantastic work environment that focuses on taking care of their employees especially when they're at their busiest time of the year, and a very hands-on experience.

Advice to Management

I can't think of anything.

Date: 2013

Learned more in three months than five years in college

My co-workers were extremely helpful and willing to answer any question. I was able to learn an incredible amount of information in a short period of time.

Since my internship was in tax during tax season, the hours got long but that is the nature of busy season. At the beginning there is also a lot of programs to learn and become comfortable with.

The internship is such a great experience and you are constantly learning so much that the internship starts and seems to end too soon.

Date: 2013

Great opportunities! Great Pay! Great experience!

I liked being able to work on all different types of tax returns. I felt like I had a lot of different experiences.

I didn't like how little of work there was to do in January and how much there was in April, but that is to be expected. That is just how a tax season is, and there is really no way to get around it.

It is a great organization to work for. Be ready to ask questions.

Date: 2013

The best internship I ever had

Family enviroment. Good learning experience.

Not well prepare for the internship job

Very good coworker. Partner talk to you and share their experience like a family.

Advice to Management

Training and procedure

Date: 2013

An experience I can use for a lifetime

Being able to gain firsthand experience by preparing tax returns and having the opportunity to work out in the field.

At times work was a little slow so I was to scan in files, sometimes as long as a day.

Everyone at the firm is extremely knowledgable and willing to help with the learning process. There is an open door policy that allows you to ask questions from your peers which help speed up that learning process.

Advice to Management

There is a lot to learn so a little more training would have been beneficial, and also would have cut down on the time I had to figure programs out on my own.

Date: 2013

Looking to expand your knowledge, meet great people, and join an enriching public accounting firm? WIpfli is the place for you!

- Flexible hours - Great mentoring and training - Awesome people to work with - We were given the ability to use what we've been learning in school - We also got to see how different actual tax work is from the textbooks

- Hard to attend family gatherings during busy season - General feedback wasn't always given on work

Wipfli is a great place to learn about public accounting firms and just how different the real world is from textbooks. They give you ample opportunities to practice and apply what you've learned so far. Your knowledge is enriched and strengthened through many training sessions. Wipfli also employs great people to work with who are kind and want to help you succeed. They are willing to work with you and answer any and all questions.

Advice to Management

One specific issue is giving general feedback. After completing tax returns or projects, the only feedback that was given was corrections. Many managers did not go over our general improvements or declines during the internship until the end. It would be nice to have a gauge on how well or how not well we are doing the work throughout the internship.

Date: 2013

Relevant and enjoyable career experience

I I really loved the corporate culture of the firm and the people I worked with.

My internship was tax only, which started off slow. However, many of Wipfli's internships are blended between audit and tax, and I feel this would have suited me better and kept me busier towards the beginning of tax season.

The ideal candidate for an internship with Wipfli must possess excellent communication skills and be optimistic towards participating in the activities to join employees together

Advice to Management

All internships should be blended.

Date: 2013

A valuable learning experience unlike any other internship

The office culture, the people I worked with

Working Saturdays is tough when you're not used to it.

The hands on responsibility given to each intern, combined with other associates willingness to help/teach makes this internship extremely valuable and enjoyable.

Advice to Management

More cohesiveness between offices, higher retention in certain areas.

A Big Learning Experience, Not for the Lazy

Learning how the real world works. Everyone was very patient and always wanted to help.

The amount of work, but it was tax season so it is to be expected.

Be ready to learn a lot and work hard. It is a great firm to work for.

Advice to Management

Training can be improved a lot. Some programs I had to learn by trial and error. I think that could be minimized by implenting a formal training session that utilizes all the programs that are used normally by staff.