Intern at Wipfli Internship Program? Submit a Review

It was a great experience to see real life accounting issues and meet experts in that field.

Milwaukee, WI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the people I was working with and the culture of the firm.

There wasn't anything I really didn't like about my internship. I worked some long hours but they days went by so fast it wasn't a problem. There was also a lot that I didn't know how to do but there was people there to help me.

Don't be afraid to ask anyone a question, they are there to help you out. Also, try to research questions you have before going up and asking other people a lot of questions. Lastly, try to reach out to the people you are working with and build relationships with them.

Advice to Management

Maybe they could have more employees so it eases the load for other people. But since they are growing, I think they are hiring more people.

The recruiters didn't ask typical interview questions, they just wanted to get to know you and see what type of person you would be to work with.

Great Company To Work With During Your First Tax Season

Philadelphia, PA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Friendly and amazing people: from the staff accountants to the partners
Great environment
Will learn a lot by the end of the internship
Will find plenty of people to look up to
Work hard, play hard mentality
Feel like part of a "team"
Great hourly rate
Learn how it is like to be in a professional environment

The company is not well known (yet): when I tell people I work at Wipfli they wonder "what is that?"

A significant fact I have learned with doing this internship is that even though Wipfli is mid-tier, you could be working similar amount of hours as a Big 4. Yet, there is much more flexibility and understanding if you need to leave early on many days or need to work from home. You would not have as much of a support system or people looking out for you at a Big 4.

Not your average internship experience!

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of this internship experience were being able to learn from mistakes while receiving guidance. Also, learning how to work as part of an audit engagement team and on tax preparation were important aspects of personal development for me during the internship.

There was nothing that I disliked about my experience at Wipfli.

Three things: always keep a positive attitude, communicate professionally and appropriately in all communication aspects, and make sure to work hard while always being willing to learn from your mistakes.

Advice to Management

I think from being observational during my time at Wipfli, it is already one of the greatest places to work. One area I saw some associates get flustered in was the end of busy season as it appeared there were some miscommunications as to which associates left early/did not stay late enough.

What are you looking for with your internship experience?
Where are you living/do you have transportation?
What characteristics do you have that make you a good fit for our firm?

Tremendous experience at Wipfli LLP

Appleton, WI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to prepare actual client's tax returns with trust from supervisors. Also, the performance feedback feature that Wipfli offers gives interns the chance to better themselves and continue to improve.

I enjoyed every aspect of my internship with Wipfli.

Wipfli offers a great internship program and allows their interns to perform daily tasks that any full-time associate would perform. Therefore giving us (the interns) the opportunity to feel needed and important by taking on challenging responsibilities. Wipfli's performance feedback is a great way to inform interns about the positive and negative things they are doing and if they need to improve on anything. Constructive feedback is a great tool for the success of any and all employees.

Advice to Management

I strongly believe Wipfli is doing everything they can to accommodate to individual's needs and assure it is a positive working environment.

Why do you believe you belong at this firm?

What are your strengths and how will you utilize them here at Wipfli?

Basic personal questions to determine the individual's personality and if they will fit and get along with others in the firm.

Interview process includes a lunch which I believe is a great way to really get to know the candidates personality.

Student Falls in Love with Public Accounting

Appleton, WI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everything I worked on was for a reason and not just busy work. I also got to work on a variety of projects and my supervisor allowed me to explore areas of public accounting I was interested in.

There isn't anything that I can think of.

Remember to ask questions in the interview and reach out to ask for an office tour the summer before you interview.

A Positive Experience to Learn and Grow as an Accountant

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

the hourly paycheck, meeting and working with different people in the office, and the flexibility of hours.

i personally didn't love the actual esthetics of the office. But really other than that the internship was highly enjoyable.

Wipfli is the perfect way to start out in accounting. Its large enough that you see the a lot of the same transactions as big firms, but small enough that you get through several returns in a day so you get really good. It also allows new hires to experience both tax and audit before they adhere to one, which I think is a huge positive!

Advice to Management

I actually think that Wipfli does a great job in covering these areas. They pay competitively, hours are flexible, and there is definitely room to move up through promotions.

"Why do you feel you're a good fit for Wipfli?"; "How will your previous work experience help you with your career at Wipfli?"

Accounting Internship

Milwaukee, WI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was exposed to many different areas of accounting including different industries in both tax and audit. The set-up of Wipfli allows you to work everyone from staff accounts to partners which I think is very beneficial in learning and becoming knowledgeable in your career.

We were around 60 hours a week which is a lot of time, however this is expected during the accounting busy season.

If you like to work hard, but party hard as well, Wipfli is the place for you.

The interview was very conversational. There were two or three open ended questions asked which led to a natural conversation, rather than an interview.

Amazing atmosphere, great learning experience, and encouraging mentors

Madison, WI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everything was a learning process and everyone who you worked around was always happy to show you and teach you what you needed to be doing. The people were friendly and they made it easy to want to come to work.

I couldn't start a 401k because I was only an intern.

Don't be scared of not knowing something. They expect you to come in having a million questions and will be willing to guide you where you need to be.

Advice to Management

Training seemed a bit lacking at first but after getting things more hands on, you could tell they taught you everything you needed to know. Most other things you have questions on are situational and will be learned while working.

Name a time that you were put in a situation that you had to take responsibility and solve a problem on your own.

Growing company with great people

Missoula, MT | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, environment and resources

Absolutely nothing.

Helpful people, great resources and growing.

The Hardest Challenge, but Most Rewarding Experience

Madison, WI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The bonding between the interns and staff. Enjoyed the time outside of work, not just in the office with coworkers. There were many activities put on by the firm to participate in. Lunches and dinners catered in by the firm.

During the major deadlines you are working long hours. Waking up early to work late. There just wasn't enough time in the day to do the things you could usually do at night (Laundry, make a decent supper, relax, etc.) Sunday's you were too beat from working a long six day week that the things you neglected to do all week you don't have the ambition to do.

Interact with all the associates, put yourself out there. Interviewing isn't the easiest and either is the work but if you just do your best with the work and are able to have fun and be personable with the associates/coworkers you will do great.

Advice to Management

I felt like the technology portion of the tax training could have been more efficient in its design. I did not feel like we grasped as much information as we could with a better implementation of that training. The tax software webinar that we watched I felt was ineffective because we already had the time to start returns and familiarize ourselves with the software, that by the time we watched the webinar we had already learned those pieces of the system.

Please share a time in your past where you had to be analytical in your decision making?

Asked about former positions I held and experiences making tough decisions?