Intern at Wipfli Internship Program? Submit a Review

A great opportunity to learn first hand about tax accounting.

Idaho Falls, ID | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the opportunity to learn what a tax accountant did specifically. Honestly, I did not expect to enjoy it as much as I did. I also liked that people were available and willing to answer my (many) questions.

Very few. Maybe some typical intern/low end employee things such as not being able to choose which tax returns to do.

Do not be afraid to ask questions. Everyone is more than willing to help. Try not to ask the partners questions unless absolutely necessary. They are very busy and the other employees usually can answer the questions themselves.

Advice to Management

As stated in the "cons" section, I have very few complaints. I felt I was trained adequately and that I had the opportunity to prove myself.

We know that you are in school part-time and that tax season is a busy time. How do you believe that you will be able to handle this much work?

We look for interns who would like to stay for the long-term, so, long-term, are you looking to stay in the area and be an accountant?

Best Tax internship.

Idaho Falls, ID | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great training and always has snacks.

Nothing. I don't have anything to say.

I don't have any advice.

Advice to Management

I love Wipfli, they were great.

They wanted to know if you're staying in the area for afterwards.

Changed my career plan and top firm choice

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was exposed to the true culture of the firm during the most stressful time of year and had more fun than I ever expected to as an accountant during tax season. I genuinely loved my job and the people. I learned a ton about tax accounting which I expected to hate and turned out loving. It was a pleasant surprise of an internship

I did not love working Saturdays but I also understand that it a reality during tax season and appreciate the honesty of the firm in making sure we, as accounting students and future tax accounts, understand that reality.

It is possible to have fun during tax season! If you are looking for a laid back but still hard-working culture, give it a shot!

Advice to Management

Wipfli does a fantastic job training, preparing, and compensating interns. I would not change anything about the management during the internship

A very good career and learning experience

Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to do everyday type of accounting work that I would be doing as a staff accountant

I honestly did not find many things that I did not like about the internship

I would ask as many questions as you can but before you ask them think over what you are going to say and try to figure it out on your own if you can before you ask

Advice to Management

For interns I would suggest more shadowing someone at first because that is how I learn best

Accounting Internship Giving experience in Taxation and Assurance Services

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Honestly everything. I got great experience in both taxation and assurance services. I was trusted to work on my own, but was still always able to ask if I needed assistance. It was a great work environment with friendly people and a great atmosphere!

Sometimes there was nothing to do which was a little boring.

I would definitely recommend demonstrating an ability to work independently and with teams, both skills are needed for a position in an accounting firm. Time management is very important as well since sometimes you ill be crunched for time. The firm definitely wants students to learn and you can never go wrong showing an interest in your work and asking questions.

Internship Exerience Goes Above and Beyond

Culture and qork/life balance

Working in the small business units preparing 1099s for the first month.

Be yourself and open in the interview process. Wipfli is a great firm to work for.

Best Opportunity I Ever Received

Minneapolis, MN | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay, the environment, the perks, the people.

The hours, weekend work

If you work hard and demonstrate an interest in what you work on, people at Wipfli are willing to put in the time and effort to teach you anything you ask. I wish I had known before that the more questions you ask the better off you'll be later on.

Advice to Management

Keep following the trajectory you're on, it is a great organization to work for top to bottom.

What kind of experience do you have in accounting?
What are some strengths of yours?
What are some weaknesses?
What kind of workplace do you want to be a part of?

Wipfli's accounting internships offer far beyond what incoming interns could ever hope to experience in an internship.

Missoula, MT | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Associates from staff level all the way to partner level are willing to teach you and help you LEARN.

The regional market I was employed in offers much less in compensation than most other regional markets where Wipfli offers internships.

The opportunities offered and learning possibilities at a leading regional firm, such that Wipfli is, far out-weigh the glamour of a Big 4 internship.

Work hard, play hard

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to work in so many different areas in a small amount of time was extremely beneficial. I was able to learn a lot in each of the areas and discover what groups I did and didn't enjoy.
One of the other best things was the people I got to work with. The other interns and staff were so nice and I had a blast coming in and working with them every day.

Waiting to find out if I was being offered a full-time position

Wipfli was very involved on the UW-La Crosse campus so I felt like I knew a lot about them already. I guess my advice would be to connect with firms early on in your college career to get an understanding of what each firm is about and which fits you best.

A great learning experience that has an amazing environment to work in. Hands on with a lot of information to process.

Billings, MT | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to work on various different clients and project tax returns.

Overall I had no complaints about the internship.

The computer program is something that I had to figure out a lot on my own, but my fellow employees helped with understanding the basics.