Intern at Wipfli Internship Program? Submit a Review

Great oportunities at Wipfli LLP

Idaho Falls, ID | April 2015 | CURRENT INTERN

An internship with Wipfli has offered me many great opportunities to excel my accounting career. Wipfli provides a great learning environment for new comers to the accounting industry. Wipfli offers many great resources to its employees to expand their knowledge and understandig of various accounting principles.

It really isn't a negative quality but the firm I interned with had recently merged with Wipfli, because of this there were a few confusions about how things would work out. Like I said, this is expected with any sort of merger.

Comments

After completing my internship with Wipfli, I was offered a full time position. Great opportunities!

Learned more in three months than five years in college

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

My co-workers were extremely helpful and willing to answer any question. I was able to learn an incredible amount of information in a short period of time.

Since my internship was in tax during tax season, the hours got long but that is the nature of busy season. At the beginning there is also a lot of programs to learn and become comfortable with.

The internship is such a great experience and you are constantly learning so much that the internship starts and seems to end too soon.

Terrific opportunity to learn as much as possible, get to know Wipfli as a company, and have a great time doing it.

Minneapolis, MN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved the extensive training I received; I now feel prepared to start a career in tax accounting and am confident it is what I want to do. I also loved interacting with staff at all levels of the company; the partners were just as eager to mentor interns as the staff and senior accountants. The pay was terrific, the hours were typical tax season hours, and the company did a great job of making sure we knew what was expected of us and still had room for flexibility.

The training was a bit overwhelming at first, but was definitely worth it in the end.

My best advice is to interview; you can get a sense of who works at the company, the type of work that will be expected of you, and the culture you can expect to find. Wipfli offers competitive pay, a fantastic work environment that focuses on taking care of their employees especially when they're at their busiest time of the year, and a very hands-on experience.

Advice to Management

I can't think of anything.

The best internship I ever had

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Family enviroment. Good learning experience.

Not well prepare for the internship job

Very good coworker. Partner talk to you and share their experience like a family.

Advice to Management

Training and procedure

Great opportunities! Great Pay! Great experience!

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked being able to work on all different types of tax returns. I felt like I had a lot of different experiences.

I didn't like how little of work there was to do in January and how much there was in April, but that is to be expected. That is just how a tax season is, and there is really no way to get around it.

It is a great organization to work for. Be ready to ask questions.

An experience I can use for a lifetime

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to gain firsthand experience by preparing tax returns and having the opportunity to work out in the field.

At times work was a little slow so I was to scan in files, sometimes as long as a day.

Everyone at the firm is extremely knowledgable and willing to help with the learning process. There is an open door policy that allows you to ask questions from your peers which help speed up that learning process.

Advice to Management

There is a lot to learn so a little more training would have been beneficial, and also would have cut down on the time I had to figure programs out on my own.

wipfli treats interns like real staff

Madison, WI | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Socials for employees

The fact that interns get to be involved with clients.

There is nothing I didn't like

be open to new experiences and don't be afraid to ask questions

Advice to Management

Give more evaluations throughout the internship

Looking to expand your knowledge, meet great people, and join an enriching public accounting firm? WIpfli is the place for you!

Madison, WI | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Flexible hours

- Great mentoring and training

- Awesome people to work with

- We were given the ability to use what we've been learning in school

- We also got to see how different actual tax work is from the textbooks

- Hard to attend family gatherings during busy season

- General feedback wasn't always given on work

Wipfli is a great place to learn about public accounting firms and just how different the real world is from textbooks. They give you ample opportunities to practice and apply what you've learned so far. Your knowledge is enriched and strengthened through many training sessions. Wipfli also employs great people to work with who are kind and want to help you succeed. They are willing to work with you and answer any and all questions.

Advice to Management

One specific issue is giving general feedback. After completing tax returns or projects, the only feedback that was given was corrections. Many managers did not go over our general improvements or declines during the internship until the end. It would be nice to have a gauge on how well or how not well we are doing the work throughout the internship.

Hard Work Pays Off with Satisfaction for Student-Intern at Accounting Firm

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Having the chance to see how a firm operates as a whole, making connections in the area, building teamwork and communication skills, receiving constructive feedback, and getting to see how each of the partners unique ways in dealing with clients.

Trying to work 60 hours a week at WIPFLi (Monday-Saturday) while taking an online class and working another job in Sundays was extremely stressful. However, it was my choice to put that much stress on myself. I like to keep busy at work, so at the start when there were no returns to do, I didn't enjoy it that much. But that only lasted about a week.

Be ready to learn; mistakes will be made; feedback will be given; stress will be high; and you will learn more than you realize.

Advice to Management

The only thing I can think of is the expectation of hours to be worked. I agreed to 40-plus in my contract and was definitely working that "plus". It paid off, but the balance was tough to find.

Relevant and enjoyable career experience

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I I really loved the corporate culture of the firm and the people I worked with.

My internship was tax only, which started off slow. However, many of Wipfli's internships are blended between audit and tax, and I feel this would have suited me better and kept me busier towards the beginning of tax season.

The ideal candidate for an internship with Wipfli must possess excellent communication skills and be optimistic towards participating in the activities to join employees together

Advice to Management

All internships should be blended.