SS&G Accounting Busy Season Internship

Date: 2013

Great work with great people.

The other employees were patient and willing to answer questions. The difficulty of work recieved, there was always a harder task to perform with room for growth and development.

There is a learning curve that can make the internship difficult at first. Alot of information to take in and have to try to memorize and comply.

Work hard and always give it 100% even if you get discouraged. Don't be afraid to ask questions and socialize sometimes.

Date: 2013

SS&G Assurance Internship: A great learning experience in a great environment with a staff that has a wealth of knowledge in accounting.

- The variety of work that you do helps you figure out what you would like to do in the future. - Great work environment and company culture. - Everyone that works there is friendly and always happy to help.

I can't say that I didn't like anything about the internship. There will be times where you will have a little bit of down time but even that could be used to your advantage.

Accounting, as a profession, has a very intense busy season which is commonly known as tax season. You will put in a lot of hours working. We know this because it's always talked about when looking for a company to start a career with. SS&G cares about their employees having a great work-life balance. They offer great flexibility and tons of perks. You will not be upset with what SS&G has to offer.

Date: 2013

Great real world, hands on accounting experience

Great staff, professional, easy to work with, helpful, great employee morale, fun environment

Slow at times, some staff were not / should not have been in charge of an intern due to lack of patience

This company has great employee morale and genuinely cares for the staff and wants to make the working environment as fun as they can. I was sad to leave

Date: 2013

SS&G cares about it's employees.

The work environment along with the employees willingness to help interns.

There was nothing I didn't like about my internship.

Ask as many questions as possible.

Advice to Management

Give interns a review in the middle of their internship.

Date: 2013

SS&G gives students hands-on opportunity to learn, grow, and experience what the accounting profession should be.

first year staff experience

long hours

Be willing to work as a team.

Opportunity

The people and real world responsibilities given to me. Plan to keep in touch with multiple employees at multiple levels

There was some downtime that was boring but definitely expected from an internship

Great place and atmosphere. You learn a ton but they may not have capacity to hire you full time

Advice to Management

All of these were addresses fairly well at the firm. I believe the full time salary is competitive however the bonuses such as CPA completion is much less

Date: 2013

SS&G is a fast paced, exciting place to work with an abundance of growth opportunities.

The opportunities and people I worked with.

Nothing particular, I enjoyed every aspect of my time at SS&G it was a great learning experience.

If you are looking for a friendly team oriented workplace SS&G is the place to be.

Date: 2013

Getting your foot in the door and then some

The learning experience was great, l truly learned how to prepare tax returns. The atmosphere was comfortable and the employees were all very nice.

The 65 hour weeks in April

This is the best mid-sized accounting firm to intern with. You learn more than you can imagine and will make some great networks.

Advice to Management

I honestly have no complaints.

Date: 2013

Real life tax preparation experience with incredible people.

I learned how to prepare tax returns in real life and they didn't baby me with my work load. I really enjoyed getting a full load because I wanted to experience what real life was like.

I think I had to learn a lot by "just figuring it out". The software was really difficult to use and it took quite a bit of time for me to become accustomed to it.

See how the people treat each other. In public accounting the work is hard and the hours are long, but the people is what makes the work enjoyable. If the people in a company can't stand each other, don't work there. At SS&G the people are phenominal and I'm always excited when I get to come into the office.

Advice to Management

Sometimes I wasn't exactly sure how I was actually doing compared to expectations. I kept being told to just do my best, but I wasn't sure if my best was good enough sometimes.

Intern Harassment by Senior Associate

The best aspects of the internship was that people really wanted you to learn and ask questions,

Feeling lost because of my limited accounting knowledge

If this is what you want to do, a smaller environment gives you a lot of exposure but make sure you are constantly asking if people need help and keeping yourself busy.

Advice to Management

Make the training week at Cleveland much more focused on what as an intern we would do day-to-day