Rothstein Kass Spring Semester Internship Program

Great Firm, Great Culture

Treated as regular employee.

Wish started earlier to gain training before busy season.

ASK QUESTIONS !!!!

Challenging business environment

The best aspect of the internship is being involved all aspects of engagement, on job training,

As an intern you are being work on the simpler engagement. it would be nice to be exposed to more challenging assignments.

i really like the corporate culture in the RK, Core Values, on job training.

Great Experience

People that I worked with

I wish I was given harder tasks.

Work with a positive attitude.

Amazing

Being treated as if I were a full-time employee

There were no cons.

Evaluate how the firm makes you feel as a person.

People First

Enjoyed the people and atmosphere.

The anticipation of whether I would get an offer or not (which comes with any internship).

RK has a great working envitonment and you do not feel like an intern. You do the same work as a regular staff member, which a great experience.

Great Internship to Launch Your Career

Experience preparing returns. (Had the responsibility of a full time entry level accountant as an internship). Pay was high and received time and half for overtime.

Long mandotory hours during winter internship because its the april 15th tax deadline.

Great experience - certainly be ready to start a full time job anywhere after your training and gained knowledge after the

Advice to Management

n/a

Date: 2013

Are you ready for an intense learning experience?

Learning experiences Paid overtime at time and a half firm's emphasis on school; very understand if time off is needed to study.

Mandatory monday-saturday throughout internship

Be prepared to work hard

Date: 2013

Expect to work hard, learn a lot, and meet great people.

treated as a full time staff, overtime, opportunity to work with many different employees and different levels of management, learning as much as possible about being an auditor, and the work we perform, gaining familiarity with the financial services industry to see if it was something I wanted to do full time. RK really made an effort to make busy season as fun and bearable as possible while maintaining a high level of service.

The long hours were obviously not idea, but the internship provided me to get a feel of what exactly will be expected of me should I accept a full-time offer. Busy season is hard no matter what firm you are at.

Although the compensation is not as high as compared to other organizations, the work-life balance is the trade-off. While you will work very hard, almost everyone at the firm is understanding of your life outside the firm and does what they can to make sure you are happy both in the office and outside the office.

Advice to Management

I do believe employees should be compensated higher and more competitively in comparison to other firms. This might deter the seemingly high employee turnover rate.

Date: 2013

Exciting internship for a wonderful and growing company.

Meeting and working with new professionals. Being treated like a staff and constantly learning things every day. Everyone was open to answering questions.

Not enough feedback throughout internship.

Rothstein Kass is a great step in the right direction if you are looking for meaningful accounting experience. You will learn plenty at the firm and enjoy your experience here.

Advice to Management

More competitive compensation is a must. Employees need to be recognized more for their hard work and dedication.

Date: 2012

Rothstein Kass, The Place To Work

Everyone was very helpful and accomodating. All the employees at all levels were willing to help me and make sure that I was successful at what I as doing. The office cultrue is fantastc. I felt like I was making a difference and assisting RK team members with meaning work.

The long hours, but that I a known thing about working a busy season at an accounting office.

Unlike at the Big 4 firms, at RK you are more than just a number. Everyone knows who everyone else is and everyone is willing and able to work together to figure out a problem. Interns are generalyl hired with the intent for a full time offer, which makes everyone work even harder during their internships.