Intern at Rehmann's Internship Program? Submit a Review

Overall Good Experience

Ann Arbor, MI | October 2017 | FORMER INTERN

You will definitely learn a lot during your internship in regard to personal returns. The Ann Arbor office gives great additional training on top of the firm-wide training. They treat the interns really well

Don't go into this internship expecting an offer at the end. I found out after accepting the offer that Rehmann is known for hiring several interns as a workforce, but then doesn't make many offers at the end of the internship. This ended up being very true; even second year interns aren't safe from being let go. If you want a full-time offer at the end, go elsewhere. (10 interns hired, 2 got full-time offers & 1 got second internship)

First year interns in Ann Arbor are only allowed to work on Personal and Trust returns. Second year interns do all of the business returns. I don't believe this is true for all offices because I specifically asked about variety of work during the interview process.

You will do a lot of returns out of pools for other offices (usually Farmington Hills and Troy). This is fine except for when you have questions. You will end up playing phone tag or waiting days for an email response because everyone in Ann Arbor is unfamiliar with the client.

We weren't allowed to work overtime until the last week of February.

Comments

The pay is a great way to finance school. Do a Winter internship so you know if you can handle busy season before finishing your degree. Fellow interns changed their career path after finishing the internship. (I really enjoyed busy season though)

Interning at Rehmann- An Incredible and Unique Experience That Will Take Your Breath Away

Ann Arbor, MI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people there were so helpful. They always told the interns that they had an open door policy and they really did. I could walk into a principals office and ask a question without them looking at me like I was dumb or wondering why I was asking them the questions. We were given buddies to lean on (which was one of the best resources I could've asked for). And the FOOD! They fed us a lot and it was so yummy and such a huge help considering with all the hours we put in, there wasn't much time to cook or go grocery shopping.

That it ended. And some of the training that was done with all of the Rehmann interns wasn't that helpful. They went really fast. But, the Ann Arbor office held Lunch-and-Learns to help cover different schedules and go over the softwares which was super helpful!

I wish I would've known more on how the internship process worked- that it was generally 2 internships before getting an offer. I guess I never really asked when interviewing, which I probably should have. But I'm excited to get more experience!

Advice to Management

The only thing I can think of is to do more step-by-step training in the software. It can get confusing to use and unless you are following through on your own laptop, you may think you know what you are doing but you'll be lost when you go to do your first return (if you have never used that software before).

True experience to get the best feel of the industry.

Detroit, MI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the ability to work with everybody in the office and the quality of work interns were given. Interns work on full-time staff work in a variety of different industries. This gives you a great perspective on what it would be like to start full-time in the job.

The internship is a lot of hours, which is to be expected in a tax internship. However, Rehmann compensates with competitive overtime pay to make up for this.

The most important information you can know going into the internship is that you will learn everything you need to know, all you have to do is be willing to learn it. There are tons of trainings and the entire office is a resource, but you have to have the work ethic to want to learn it in order to succeed.

Advice to Management

The main advise I'd give to management is to be willing to give work to others. There has been a slight problem with employee retention because of the work load

Tell me about a time when you had to make an ethical choice.
Tell me about a time when you displayed leadership qualities.

A great place to learn as much as possible early on in your career.

Detroit, MI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Continuous learning, and working with different individuals

Not enough client interaction.

Apply what you've learned from the internship to future work.

Advice to Management

Provide more training at the office level.

How do you plan on obtaining 150 credits?
How do you stay organized as an individual?
Provide an example of how you displayed one of our values?

Great learning experience

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

During my internship, I never had to do 'intern duties' such as scanning papers or other busy work. I worked on parts of the audit, and coming in with absolutely no experience, I learned an incredible amount. Everyone I worked with was very helpful and willing to take the time to teach me.

There were a few times when I didn't have enough work to keep me busy.

I felt nervous going into the internship because I did not have any audit experience. I should not have worried, as you are able to learn as you go. I started out by doing the most simple parts of the audit and built up from there as my knowledge increased. I never felt too overwhelmed by what I was asked to do.

Advice to Management

The internship experience I had was fantastic.

Immense learning with a great team

Bloomfield Hills, MI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The buddy system was the best aspect of the internship. Learning from them and having them show you the way is key. Also, another good aspect was the fact that I had interaction with almost every staff person at the office through projects or client work.

Nothing stands out.

They are a great employer. However, the opportunities for full-time are slim. So be prepared to learn a lot and if you don't get an offer look at it from the fact that you received valuable experience.

An experience which helps you find your passion within accounting and enables you to survive your first "busy season"

Lansing, MI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people of the company and the amount of real world, important knowledge I gained from this experience.

Busy season was tough, toward the end in mid-April everyone was tired. However, we had a great celebration to look forward to after the busy season was over.

Rehmann does a great job at training and teaching you the ropes before being on your own. I went into the internship after only taking one tax course and wish I came in with more knowledge to help me understand quicker. However, I gained a lot of knowledge and figured things out along the way, so it ended up working out.

Great Fast Paced Learning Exprience

Toledo, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning new things everyday.

Feeling as if at times I was pushed off on someone else when I had a question, because one person did not want to deal with it.

The hours that I was needed compared to what I had to offer.

Advice to Management

Make sure every one is knowledgeable about what they are doing.

I honestly can not recall.

Educational

The helpful supervisors.

A few long and tedious training days.

Make sure you communicate with everyone and express any doubts or questions to your buddy or other supervisors.

Great for experience, not for finding a job before graduation

Ann Arbor, MI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was great & you'll learn a lot

They'll tell you for months that you're a standout intern & then not give you an offer

100% take this internship opportunity if you're looking for a way to pay for school & gain experience. However, go into it knowing that you will probably not be hired at the end

Behavioral based questions in first round (ex. Give an example of a time you were part of a bad team but still managed to be successful)
Second round was more educational and career goal based questions (ex. What's your plan for taking the CPA exam)