Intern at Rehmann's Internship Program? Submit a Review

Great career development

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with every day and the opportunities.

The hours got hard at times, but that's to be expected during busy season.

I would look for places that have an open door policy, since this seems to maximize the learning possibilities.

The Best Busy Season of My Life!

Toledo, OH | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to have the opportunity to grow professionally.

I was a part-time intern because I was going to school full-time to earn my Masters degree. As such, balancing the two commitments was difficult and made it hard to focus at times.

In my opinion, culture and being proud of where you work / what you do are the two most important aspects of employment. When you are selecting your future employer, make sure they're a fit for you.

Advice to Management

I think things could be a little better organized.

They asked standard questions about technical and soft skills.

I learned more than I ever dreamt possible.

Ann Arbor, MI | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The learning experience and culture presented at Rehmann's Ann Arbor office.

Hours can become long, but that's to be expected during tax busy season.

Rehmann does a great job of making you feel important, and trusts you to work efficiently and manage large workloads while feeling like a part of an excellent team.

Mostly behavioral-based questions.

A great introduction to the world of Audit and preparation of 1040's. Overall an extremely valuable experience.

Ann Arbor, MI | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with made it very easy to want to come to work in the morning. The sense of community at Rehmann is very welcoming. The compensation was great, the schedule was not overly demanding, and I was verbally praised when I did well on a new task.

The only aspect I did not like was the 1 week downtime between orientation and the first day at the office. I would have liked to start immediately after orientation.

Rehmann is a very welcoming, professional environment with a relaxed feel. When the managers or principals come to talk to you, you can tell they appreciate what you are doing for them and encourage you to ask questions if you are confused. The culture makes you feel like you are part of a group of friends who started an accounting firm together with emphasis on providing a phenomenal service, while still enjoying you life.

Advice to Management

For the 1040 training in Livonia, I feel it could be done more effectively in small groups. I understand the simplicity and cost effectiveness of hosting it all at once; however, it caused the first half to go by extremely slow while dealing with technological issues on individuals computers and caused the second (and arguably more important) part to be rushed. Other than that I could not think of a single complaint.

1)Tell me a story of when you were working in a group and things did not go as you planned, how did you adjust? and what was the final result?

2) Give an example of when you had to perform a task that was out of your element and pushed you from you comfort zone, how did you adjust?

3) Why did you choose Rehmann?

The most enjoyable experience of my life

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The different principals and managers were extremely helpful whenever I had a question. The environment felt warm and friendly and never made me feel as if I had to accomplish things beyond my expertise.

The only thing I did not really care for were the tax meetings on Saturdays which could have easily been taken care of via email.

Ask questions. Continue to ask questions of the principals and managers. They are more than willing to help you.

Yes, everyone really is that nice.

Detroit, MI | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to work at a variety of clients, types of audits and in different testing sections

There is nothing I didn't like.

Rehmann puts a lot of effort into training winter interns. As a winter intern you will get experience in different types of clients and be exposed to all testing areas.

Typically the interview process was more about having a conversation to make sure personalities were compatible, however one question was:Describe a situation where you were assigned a task/project and it didn't work out well. How did you handle it.

Rehmann; helping interns develop into leading professionals

Toledo, OH | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Willingness of staff to help and teach and friendliness
Flexibility

Times in which work was low and there was nothing to do

Listen and take good notes during training
Don't be afraid to ask questions

Advice to Management

Check in on interns just a little more to make sure they are doing alright with work assigned.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Why do you think you're a good fit for Rehmann?

Learned to effectively and efficiently prepare personal and business tax returns while managing multiple tasks and processes.

Ann Arbor, MI | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of knowledge you gain preparing the returns and being in the office setting.

I was assigned to prepare business tax returns among other returning (2nd year interns). This was my first year but because I had filed a couple small tax returns at another company, and because I had exposure to company books, they wanted to see if it would be suitable to let a first year intern in my position complete business tax returns. I gladly accepted the challenge although I quickly realized that attempting to learn all of the software, the practices of the office, the process of completing a personal tax return, and the process of completing business tax returns (generally all new to me) was a bit too much for me to handle. I appreciated the opportunity, and still do, although I feel like part of why I was not offered an internship was due to the mistakes I made trying to complete all of those (among other things which were fairly discussed in the exit interview).

I would recommend only having second year interns complete business tax returns.

Advice to Management

Every aspect of the internship besides the business tax returns was great!

Provide an example of a time in class when you worked in a group project and had to take charge to get an assignment done. Provide an example of a time when you needed to incorporate Excel into a school project. Why choose this company?

Many hours of work but worth every second.

Ann Arbor, MI | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning experience, job opportunities, networking, tax season parties.

The hours are sometimes difficult, but it flies by and it's only for a few weeks. And Rehmann is good about helping manage workloads.

Rehmann is a great choice, the people are wonderful, the work is challenging but doable, and you're not afraid to walk into a partner or manager office like you may be at some of the other firms.

Why did you choose accounting?
What do you like about Rehmann?
What other firms have you interviewed with?

A wonderful opportunity to experience the wide array of work an auditor can expect.

Grand Rapids, MI | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

My coworkers were exceptional in their willingness to help me learn the ropes of auditing. I can't thank them enough for their sacrifice of time in teaching me the profession.

The varying aspect of the job made it hard to get really competent in any area, which is the hard part of audit, every company is different and has its own challenges. When I got into routines as we entered a company, such as working on cash a few engagements in a row, I felt like I had a better understanding and was able to complete the tasks with less assistance. I'm sure that further work in the field would help alleviate this problem.

I would advise them to look at the internship as a long term interview from both sides. Can you see yourself working for this company long term? Do you feel like they respect you and your family? Rehmann passed both of those tests with flying colors in my experience.

Advice to Management

I have a hard time coming up with things to improve from my experience. The compensation was comparable to competitors. The hours required were very fair and supervisors encouraged me to leave and go home to my family before I got too many hours in for the week.

I can't recall specific questions that were asked of me a year ago. They were interested in who I was and what my prior life experiences were. They weren't focused on what schoolwork I had completed, as they intended to train me from scratch when I started anyway. It seemed to be an interview that was focused on how candidates would fit into the culture, rather than how much they knew about the industry.