Rehmann's Internship Program for Accounting and Finance Students

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Accounting Internships  /  #13 Best Overall Internships

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 30 Intern Reviews)

The greatest professional experience of my life.
Ann Arbor, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the work, the responsibility, the opportunities, the personal growth and development, the work-life balance.

I have no complaints.

Rehmann is rapidly growing accounting firm. Rehmann's unique in that it offers the best of both a small firm experience and mid-size regional firm experience. It has the resources and clients of a bigger firm while retaining the low-stress, friendly atmosphere of a small firm.

Rehmann Tax Internship: The Talk of the Town
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the friends I made, the compensation, and the way that I was always able to come to work and feel comfortable.

What I liked least about the internship was having to work up to 70 hours some weeks. It really didn't bother me that much because I was prepared for it going in, and the compensation was definitely worth it.

Stay organized and never be afraid to ask questions.

Tell me about a time when you were put into a situation where you had to lead a group of people.

Advice to Management

My work place does a great job addressing issues such as compensation, employee retention, promotion policies, diversity and training. The hours get long during busy season, which is why they bring on interns to help.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Amazing culture, with an even better learning experience for the field that I wanted to study.
Lansing, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect was definitely the office setting. The office went out of their way to see how I was doing and to introduce themselves to me. There were also fun activities during busy season that brought the office together as well. The learning and training for the real world that I received during this internship was amazing. I learned something new every day and still continue to do so in the tax field.

I can't think of anything that sticks out as a con for the internship experience. At times, the workload was kind of slow and I felt bad going around asking associates if they needed help, but it was a way to get to know the people in the office as well.

Ask questions! I know that in the beginning of my internship I was overwhelmed with all of the software and how to use it. Asking questions gives you a chance to learn something new and also to connect with another associate in the office. Another thing is to soak up all of the information that you are using in your day to day activities because tax returns can be repetitive, yet very different at the same time. As long as you have your base knowledge on some parts of the tax return, you can ask questions or figure out the other difficult parts.

Experience in an Accounting Related Setting

Experience in any job setting

Tell me about a time when you had a bad group member and how did you deal with it

Advice to Management

I do not really have any answers to this question. I think that interns know what they are getting into when working during busy season, also they are compensated well.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Rehmann is the firm of choice for internships and employment! Your experience will include a lot of responsibility and caring individuals.
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

What really enhanced my internship was the staff. I enjoyed working with hardworking, patient and caring individuals. The firm incorporates a balance of hard work and fun.

The internship started off slow with little work, but I was pleased to see that it got busier the second and third week into the internship.

I strongly recommend that an intern not just focus on the size of a CPA firm. Look to see if there is a connection between you and the staff at the firm. It really makes a difference during your internship.

I remember being asked questions regarding past problems/issues I came across and how I worked to resolve them. A couple of questions included my strengths and weaknesses. I would strongly suggest doing a little research on the company because they do ask whether you know anything about the firm.

Advice to Management

I would say that Rehmann provides a balancing and laid back work environment. There is a lot of responsiblity that comes with the internship and employment, but they do a great job making it a stress-free environment.

Excellent Experience
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of experience you are exposed too and the pay was great!

In the beginning, I did not like the programs. After a couple months it began to make sense.

Don't overlook Rehmann because of the size. It's a great place to work and the compensation is very competitive to larger firms.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

I can't believe its over!
Ann Arbor, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part for me was the responsibility that was given to me with some of our larger clients right of the start. I think it helped me get to the spot im at and made my early skill set unique in the office.

I enjoyed it all once I started but the interview process was dragged out for me.

Rehmann is a place where you feel right at home from day one and are taught everything you need to know. No matter what your position is you never feel inferior to anyone else.

Name a time when you went against policy to do what you felt was morally right.

Name a time when you showed the ability to keep confidential information locked up inside.

Advice to Management

Inhouse trainning specific to your office because even though the outline is the same for the firm each office is a little different in its own right.

Excellent hands-on experience!
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact that I was treated like a "normal staff" employee rather than an intern. I learned so much and got to work in many different areas in the auditing process.

During busy season, the hours are very long, but that is the nature of public accounting so it was to be expected.

Don't be afraid to let them know how much you really want to work for their company. Get to know the people you work with well and get involved in the office culture as much as possible during your internship!

Student to Professional in Three Short Months
Ann Arbor, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

This was not an intership of fetching coffee. I was given the responsibility of working on tax returns right away. I worked first hand with many different individuals with a vast array of knowledge in the field. Not only was I able to gain a great deal of experience working in my field of study, I was also able to network and gain a lot of valuable contacts that have been very beneficial as I start my career at Rehmann.

There were some long hours during my internship due to the fact that it was during tax season. However, this is a paid internship so you are compensated for your time. Also, the work days go by quickly due to the fact that Rehmann creates a fantastic work environment, and there are great people working for the firm.

If you are looking for a intership that can kick start your professional career, Rehmann is the place for you. You will gain valuable experience and netwroking opportunities that can lead to a full time posistion.

Well-rounded
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to really experience what an auditor does and I did real work that meant something.

It can be overwhelming with the long hours.

Put the effort in and be ready and willing to do work and help in any way. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't know something.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

I really enjoyed my experience.
Toledo, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really liked the people I worked with and it is a great way to learn what books can not teach you.

Having to travel all the way to Troy for my training.

I would let them know that Rehmann has a nice office. It is not to big so you can get to know everyone but it does have other offices which are nice when you need more resources.