Intern at Rehmann's Internship Program? Submit a Review

Rehmann: Where it's okay to have fun while you work!

Detroit, MI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

People & general culture, an environment where learning is encouraged and challenges are given to your abilities, good compensation with time and a half over 40 hours, lots of food provided to help get through extra hours.

Hours were occasionally very long, but that's part of busy season. However, they never forced you into working more than you were able.

If you want to be treated as a person where you work rather than just another worker, try Rehmann. Let your personality show through your interviews. If you get the internship, make yourself known to your coworkers and get to know them, but don't kiss up. Be willing to put in good work and don't take offense to any criticism you receive. Use any criticism to perform better in the future and you will stand out.

Advice to Management

Sometimes training left me feeling like I still didn't know what I was doing, but everything ended up coming together as I continued to work. Everyone is very helpful in helping the interns understand the work they are doing. I took two internships and training got better between the first and second, so this must be something they are working hard to improve.

Great career starter at a company with great people

Toledo, OH | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got a lot of real world audit experience with a variety of of clients

Adjusting to the typical work day hours

Be confident and know why you want to got into accounting

Best mid-size CPA firm

Detroit, MI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved being able to get to know all levels of the firm, from staff to principals. I liked the teamwork that I saw on a regular basis. There was always an abundance of coffee and food around the office. I enjoyed the ten-key relay!

It was a lot of hours but that is expected in a tax season internship.

Take advantage of the buddy program. Make an effort to get to know the associates in the office, not just your department. Soak up all the information because you will learn more in your internship then you did in any of your classes. Also remember to not overwhelmed yourself.

Advice to Management

I think management is doing a wonderful job. I don't know that I would change anything.

Name a time when you had a challenging situation and how you overcame it.

Why did you pick tax?

Tax Intern

Grand Rapids, MI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, flexibility, firm culture, the people, learning experiences, new opportunities

It was slow at times, big learning curve, sometimes felt as if associates/managers were annoyed by me asking questions.

Don't take things personally, be willing to learn, accept you don't know anything

Advice to Management

Maybe just hire more associates.

Fun accounting internship with great experience!

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning everything in such a short period of time. We learned all different kinds of tax returns and a bunch of rules along with each one, which was astonishing. But through it all, we had a fun committee to make sure we took time to relax out of our days.

The hours were pretty long, but we expected it. The most hours I worked was about 67 in a week.

Be open to learning! The more questions you ask and the more you absorb, the better off you will be. The internship is truly what you make of it.

Advice to Management

n/a

Tell me about a time you had to make an ethical decision.

Why did you choose to go into accounting?

Great people and exciting work, what more could you want?

Lansing, MI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned so many things by being able to work on many types of tax returns and even had the opportunity to take on some tough ones where I had to have meetings with the principal and client to sort through information.

I was the only intern in an office full of older people so it was hard to fit in at times and sometimes I found myself begging for work to keep entertained.

If you're torn between tax or audit don't be afraid to try a tax internship while all your friends do audit. I guarantee you'll learn a lot that will even help you with your future tax return

Advice to Management

Implement employee programs such as a new hire group where you can get to meet people from other offices or people in your age group.

Tell me about a time you had conflict and how did you handle it?

What makes you the best applicant for the position?

What skills can you bring?

Organization and hard work are key

Ann Arbor, MI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with great people

I didn't like the meetings on Saturday

Must be organized, good with tech

Advice to Management

Pay a bit more

How are you with technology?

Eye opening

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The level of communication throughout the office.

The ability to work on several different returns. The ability to interact with managers and principles.

The firm is great, but regional. If you want to be with a company that will send you everywhere, this is probably not the place.

Great Coworkers, Great Company, Great Culture

Detroit, MI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of the internship was the support from everyone that I worked with. I never felt like I couldn't ask a question, and someone always took the time to explain why/how to audit different areas of the financial statements.

The only thing I didn't like about the internship was driving to clients that were far away. It didn't happen often, but when I had a long drive home after a 10 hour work day it made that week a little more stressful. But, this is part of the job, and not really a deal breaker.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, there is a lot that you will be doing that they don't teach you in school. Your coworkers don't expect you to know everything.

Advice to Management

The hours as an intern weren't too bad, but I noticed a lot of the employees were working very long hours. I understand this is the nature of the business, but there should be continuous efforts to keep employees under 70 hour work weeks. This did not happen often, but this is the only issue I can think of.

What kind of formulas have you used in excel for school projects?

Tell me about a time you were working on a group project and things weren't going so well? How did you resolve it?

Great career development

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with every day and the opportunities.

The hours got hard at times, but that's to be expected during busy season.

I would look for places that have an open door policy, since this seems to maximize the learning possibilities.