4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 4,027 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 1-10 of 4,027 Intern Reviews

An opportunity to Grow
Chicago, IL | November 2014 | Former Intern

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Accelerated development
Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Receiving work that a typical first year associate would be working on. Gave a true preview of what a career in accounting would look like.

A little on the short side but given I interned in the summer there just isn't as much work.

come with an open mind, an eagerness to learn and desire to understand the bigger picture

Behavioral based interview questions

Great Internship for a Person in Accounting
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The hours were very facorable and there were a lot of internship events

HR Issues and a lot of e-learnings that weren't relevant to my job role

The compensation is more than reasonable and the people are excellent.

I enjoyed my internship experience with PwC. They are definitely the place to be.
Saint Louis, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting hands on experience in the accounting field.

There were no cons.

My advice would be to make as many connections as you can with the PwC employees.

1. Tell me about yourself?

2. What were the responsibilities of your last position?

3. Are you willing to relocate?

And a few more.

Advice to Management

I would just suggest that they do a better job of making sure all of the interns know who each other are.

Come experience an internship with PwC that will go above and beyond any other summer experience
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Countless networking and shadow opportunities

We were provided with not only a career coach but were paired with an associate with at least one year of experience for any questions and advice as well as a partner in our line of service. Having three people already to network with when entering the firm was amazing.

I personally only worked on one engagement for the entirety of my internship, which was nice because I got to complete an entire quarter's worth of work, but it would have also been nice to be on at least two very different clients so that I could get an idea for an industry I would like to work in in the future.

The number one thing I can say is to pay attention to the people! I know it's the typical answer, but in the public accounting field it is very true. I know I chose the right firm because I have been to two of the offices so far and the people were consistent across the U.S. as far as their relationship building goes, and that was important to me when choosing a firm!

Describe a time where you made a mistake and describe the steps you took to address/fix it.

Advice to Management

Speaking from an intern perspective, I would advise management to encourage the senior associates in charge of interns to really provide upfront coaching when the intern arrives. Sometimes the interns feel as if they aren't given enough direction to complete a task, and while I wholeheartedly agree that the point is for us to become familiar with using our resources and asking questions, it would be more efficient for the engagement teams to fully explain the task at hand and ensure the intern knows what is going on.

Best Consulting Internship experience within Financial Services.
Pittsburgh, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to contribute effectively in a team environment and high impact on the clients business.

Traveling can be tough but it is part of the Consulting Industry.

The firm likes to select MBA interns with experience in a particular industry that can make immediate impact.

Interview is standard to most consulting firms but they do put a little more emphasis on the behavioral interviews since they care about the people that join.

Advice to Management

None

awesome
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

client interaction

I liked everything

Have a good attitude and work hard

Exciting and fun way to learn about public accounting from the internal view
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunities to network and shadow professionals.

The length. I wish it was longer.

PwC deeply cares about the learning and growth of each individual. You're a truly valued, you are not just a number.

What are your strengths? how do you handle working under stress? How do you work in team?

Advice to Management

More opportunities to shadow professional across all lines of services.

There is no better way to learn than on the job experience.
Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned valuable skills, including communication skills, networking skills, and actual job skills related to accounting and auditing. Also, I met numerous new people and contacts, both business and friends. In addition, there was always someone to talk to or ask questions if you were confused. That was one of the greatest assets I had, my coworkers.

I worked long hours. Although, that comes with the territory and I was expecting it, so it really wasn't bad.

Remain positive. Sometimes it can get overwhelming because you are so new to everything, but keep a smile on your face and know that everyone else is just as tired as you are. Also, knowing that there are several people that you can ask questions or just ask for help makes you really understand and respect teamwork.

During my interview process, the interviewers used the S.T.A.R. method where I was given a situation and I needed to present a time when I had dealt with something like that and show how I was able to overcome it.

Advice to Management

Honestly, I feel that PwC has all of these under control. I worked long hours, but it was busy season and that is what I signed up for and was expecting. I felt that I had adequate training and compensation.

Busy Season Round 1
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship are having the opportunity to work directly with other employees and being able to immediately contribute to the firm's operations.

I can't say that there is anything that I disliked about the internship.

The best way to determine if the company is a good fit is to spend time with the employer and take an internship experience if possible. This will give the candidate an opportunity to evaluate the situation before any long term commitments are made.