4.6 of 5 stars (2,561 Ratings)

Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 2,561 Intern Reviews

Great work but poor management

Ny, NY | July 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Got to do real consulting work and had FaceTime with senior individuals at the client

Was unable to get face time or even phone time with managers

Comments

With the size of this firm you summer is either hit or miss

Spectacular opportunities for those that want to work hard

Dallas, TX | April 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Working with, and learning from, the highest caliber people. The USLT shadow experience where I was able to spend a day with CFO and Vice Chair of the firm. The vast amount of experience gained in such relatively little time.

I would have loved more client interaction although I would not consider this a significant "downer". If you think you can show up as an intern and run the show, this is not the place for that kind of ego.

Comments

Hard work and networking. You will have many that got in because of the school and program that they are affiliated with that do not take initiative. Be proactive a visible in your intentions and future plans.

An opportunity to Grow

Chicago, IL | November 2014 | FORMER INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

Experiential learning through interaction and networking with other professionals, challenging tasks, and team building activities

Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people with whom I got to work - everyone was willing to talk and give advice to the interns before we graduate from college and start our careers in the professional world.

Honestly, nothing. Sometimes I wish there was more to do, but summer is always a little less busy at public accounting firms, depeding on your line of service and group.

Know the organization before you interview. Investigate the numerous opportunities that lie in PwC. Take the time to network with individuals across the company, not only in your own office. Be willing to help out and step out of your comfort zone.

PwC Turns College Students into Confident Consultants

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The autonomy- as long as you are getting your work done you can make your own decisions. You are treated as a full-time team member.

Travel can be hard for some people, but it's part of the industry and many people enjoy it.

Definitely work for PwC, it's an unbelievable move for your career and teaches you so much about business and professional life.

What is the most important thing you've learned in college, non-academic?

Why do you want to work in consulting?

Case study regarding a struggling financial institution

My step in the right direction

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The compensation was generous enough but the most important thing to me was the people. My seniors were great and were always willing to help in all situation

Mine wasn't really anything about the internship but somehow related to the internship and that was my commute. It took me roughly an hour and half to get to work and I wished I had lived closer.

The most important think is to come hungry and ready to learn and don't be afraid to ask questions but be smart enough to figure certain thing out.

I was asked to talk about a time I demonstrated my leadership qualities and what I did to be successful at it.

Advice to Management

The firm is diverse but I think it can even get better.

Learn about your future professional while growing, learning, and developing knowledge and experience.

Florham Park, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay

The chances to network

The ability to learn

New tasks everyday

FEEDBACK

Hitting traffic during my commute and the length of the internship, I wished it was a few weeks longer.

I believe a person's work ethic says everything about them, the way they treat a simple project or a large one, If they go into each task with a good attitude and eagerness to learn, they will be a wonderful candidate.

I remember during my superday my first interviewer asked me these questions. It wasn't the generic questions you hear at an interview. They caught my off guard but it gave me no choice to respond wit genuine answers.

- Describe a winning attitude, what makes you a winner?

- How are you different from the next person that I will interview?

- Do you honestly care about the accounting profession, what about it will make you come into work everyday and make you work you butt off?

Advice to Management

Our office did not have any simulations or out of the office events. It wasn't a big deal but I wished we had more chance to meet other interns.

Great Internship Experience

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people and the work environment.

The hours were longer than expected, but the hours were dedicated towards the clients therefore they were worth it.

Communication is key in this internship since it is client-orientated job.

PwC treats interns as new associates, expiditing the learning process and creating a valuable experience

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Performed real associate level work - not intern **** work

weren't allowed to work overtime

you can't go wrong with an internship at pwc

Advice to Management

promote more often or have "mini" promotions - for example, associate 1, associate 2, senior 1, senior 2 - so you're not working for years without a promotion

Great look into what a tax professional does at a big 4 accounting firm.

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of the internship was that I got a look into what work really looks like. I didn't get a prettied up version of what I would be doing and so I was able to truly evaluate whether I would want to work for PwC.

I felt that the internship was a little short and I didn't get to do as much work as I wanted.

I would encourage future candidates to talk to as many people as possible about their experiences at the company because everyone has a different perspective.