Date: 2013

PwC's internship is onboarding for a full time position.

Actual and meaningful client service work.

It took a little while to actually start working. It was also a little bit short.

If you fit with the culture, you will fit with the company.

Advice to Management

Help future interns have a better understanding of the lines of service before they choose the line of service they would like to do.

Interning at PwC

i really enjoyed being at PwC. Everyone says it, but the people you will meet/work with at PwC are some of the best. I had the opportunity of traveling to Belize with the company to teach financial literacy which was a life-changing experience. The company definitely takes care of its people and takes extra good care of its interns. It almost felt like the internship was an 8-week long 'date' where the company was trying to win us over.

The worst part of my internship was by far the work that I was assigned. I am doing this survey now just to put off doing it just a little bit longer; it is that tedious, mind-numbing and dull. I know that most work interns or first-years do is pretty tedious and boring, but that coupled with the lack of producing any real tangible product other than an audit opinion really makes it difficult for me to find motivation to do the work. This is perhaps more to do with me choosing the wrong career over anything PwC may have done though.

If accounting/auditing is what you want to do, there is no doubt that PwC is the best choice of the Big 4 firms.

Advice to Management

I would not have minded getting to eat lunch outside of the office. I was told I could, but I felt like I was not being team player when everyone else sat at there desks and did work while they ate. The fact that our office has no windows and its summertime makes eating at the desk even worse in my opinion. Getting to take a lunch break would have been nice, especially since it would have broken up that terribly boring work I was doing. I often found that the work was so tedious and required so little thought that not getting a break for even a half hour or 45 mins lead to me being comletely cooked by 3 or 4 o'clock. I have no idea what I am going to do during a busy season....like I said I may have chose the wrong career.

Great

People are very nice and helpful

Learning new systems

Be proactive

Excellent Insight into Public Accounting world

Challenges we were expected to meet, willingness of mentors to teach.

Not long enough

Be a sponge, Try to learn as much as possible

Date: 2013

A valuable learning experience with an elite accounting firm

-The interaction I have every day with fellow teammate -Being able to learn a vast amount each day and build upon previous knowledge -How well the fimr treats and values the interns

-There is not much to complain about wit the internship. The commute in however can be very time consuming.

The people at PwC are friendly and intelligent. I would recommend to a candidate to get to know the members of the firm to see how you would fit in.

Simply amazing.

I believe some of the best aspects of the internship were the strong focus on team building and creating strong relationships. I also really enjoyed the people I worked with. Everyone is always more than willing to help out and provide insight that will help you down the road.

If I had to change one thing about the internship I would try to move the line of service breakfasts closer together in the beginning of the internship to give all of the interns more exposure to all areas of the firm and give them a chance to meet and find out a little something about their intern class before getting really caught up in their client work.

Always keep a positive attitude and show that you are willing to learn.

Great Pay, Great Experience, Great People

client based work. coaching opportunities. competitive pay.

forty hour work weeks.

If you want to be happy with a job, then chose a job based on the culture of a firm. Going to work everyday is alot easier if you are around people you enjoying spending time with, even if the work is difficult.

Best Internship Experience Ever

The people were helpful and I truly learned more in this internship then I did in 4 years of college.

The traveling

You are involved in the accounting processes from the very beginning and the learning experience is one you can not get anywhere else.

Advice to Management

Training could be a little longer

Date: 2013

Opportunity to truly learn and experience what an audit is.

As mentioned, the opportunities I had to learn through the insights of other members of the firm was vital. It helped me learn so much more about the peer system of this specific firm and how these sources of learning truly set the firm apart. I was able to spend a day with a Partner and that by far has been one of the more special experiences in my professional development.

We had to spend a day doing HR activities. While I get this is necessary to begin to express to us the brand of the firm and meet our fellow interns, an intern only really needs a half day of this type of activity.

In my experience with discussing other internship programs with my fellow classmates. I truly had a unique experience and had the opportunities to learn much more than most of these other students. I worked in multiple areas of 3 different engagements and so I saw much more than my other classmates. I also had this support system in place where I was teamed up with multiple individuals to ask questions I had and to learn more about the firm and the opportunities that are available to become a truly exceptional professional in this industry.

Date: 2013

PwC takes the time to develop professionals.

A great deal of time was focused on networking, not only with current employees but with other interns who are the leaders of tomorrow.

The internship lasts only 8 weeks and one of the weeks is spent doing training. I feel that if it was at least one week longer, the intern group would have been able to better their skills.

I would advise potential interns to do research on the company. Representatives are consistently impressed by those candidates who are able to ask specific questions about the firm based on current events. They are well versed in the interview process and do a good job filtering out those who do not know much about the company based on the generic questions that may be asked.