Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Log in to Submit a Review

Amazing
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was getting hands-on experience while networking with associates from PwC and client personnel as well. The best feeling is to actually have a preview of the job you may be doing for the rest of your life.

The con of a summer internship is that most likely you won't get a "preview" of a busy season.

When it comes to a "Big Four" accounting firm, it all comes down to people. The corporate culture play a huge factor on whether or not the organization is right for you.

A years worth of experience in 3.5 months
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the job included exposure to extremely knowledgable people

Hours, however the hours were worth it

Ask alot of questions and take notes.

Best place to manage your own career

Exposure to senior leadership

Although expected, I enjoyed the travel component least

Start building your network within the firm early on

PwC Advisory's meritocray allows Interns to take on all that they can handle
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being treated as an equal, being allowed to the freedom to drive the engagement in directions I saw fit, being able to work at such a high level as an intern.

Not to PwCs fault, but the client had us sitting in a rather drab bull-pen area that was super-hot.

PwC is still undervalued as a consulting firm. They are absolutely top tier and are growing fast. Forget BBM, this is the place to start a meteoric career as a consultant. Get in early, get out of the trenches, get paid, and don't wait years to become a real leader.

Advice to Management

No comment.

Apply Your Knowledge: Hands on Experience to Everything you Learned in College
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, they were very helpful and understanding.

I wish the internships were longer, for example in our program we do half internship half classes for that specific semester, and it would be nice if the internship lasted for a whole semester.

I would highly recommend working here because the people are awesome. I know going in I was scared that I would be put at my desk and someone would say "here is your work, good luck", and that was not the case at all. Everyone wants to help you and they want you to understand why when they tell you how to do something.

Advice to Management

I would recommend feedback on each different type of job we did instead of only the two required performance reviews.

Variety of great and challenging tasks that lead to many opportunities for growth both professionally and personally
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to meet many people, developing technical knowledge in a short amount of time, working on interesting clients, seeing what day to day life is for a full-time associate.

The hours we worked made balancing work and life hard but I did learn ways to do it and I was very satisfied with my experience.

My advice is go with an organization that has a great culture. While most companies mention the people aspect to attract candidates, the culture really does matter. You want to like who you work with and at PwC I love that there is a teamwork culture. I personally have seen people volunteer to stay late and help on a client that is not theirs. That shows that we are all in this together.

Advice to Management

I would say that more interaction between the different tax groups would be great because we are so divided most of the time, it would be a great networking opportunity.

Amazing learning experience, networking opportunity, and busy summer internship

Networking opportunities and events

Unpredictable client assignment

Be ready for a summer loaded with lots of learning, events, and opportunities. Also be open to be flexible to various client arrangements. It is a very good opportunity to gain a full time offer after the internship concludes.

Advice to Management

Compensation for the amount of hours and flexibility in work life balance.

Who Knew Real World Experience Could Be Fun Yet Challenging?
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people are a big part of why I enjoyed my internship so much. They were all encouraging, honest, and friendly. I also enjoyed the opportunities I was given to contribute to the audit work of the team. I was able to learn the audit process from each step, which in turn, helps me with my knowledge of accounting in my coursework at school.

The hours that come along with accounting work can sometimes be taxing.

I would highly recommend having an internship with Pwc. The learning curve will be significant when you first start, but don't let it overwhelm you. The company is a great one to work for and it truly cares about its employees, even at the intern level. There are great opportunities with the firm that would be hard to find elsewhere.

Advice to Management

I think campus hires should be able to negotiate their pay in certain situations if they receive a full-time offer, such as having multiple internships with the firm, etc.

obtained a years worth of knowledge in 1 semester
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great pay and valuable experience

Work life balance was challenging at times

Experience gained was second to none

Advice to Management

Hours during busy season

Best Training and Hands-On Experience in the Field
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experience, training, and the people. You learn to work in a challenging environment, working alongside highly ambitious and intelligent people. I also got a chance to see what it would be like working full-time. I worked long hours just like everyone else. (Except as an intern you receive overtime, which is a huge plus!)

The hours can get long during busy season, and while you are paid overtime as an intern, it can get a little exhausting; however, it is important to note that it is more attributable to the nature of the business than to the firm itself.

When choosing between internship offers, I found the most important factor was the people. Having the Big Four name on my resume definitely contributed to my choice, but ultimately I asked myself who I'd want to work with day in and day out. I honestly think PwC has a very welcoming and friendly working environment and I never regretted my choice.