Work hard, play hard.

Brilliant people who love to have fun, room and opportunity for daily growth, constant exposure to new learning experiences

the fact that we had to go home, seriously, this internship was awesome

the people you work with are more important than your daily activities - find the employer where you fit, don't change yourself for your employer

Date: 2013

A jumpstart to a great career

The people I worked with and had the opportunity to meet. I felt like I was a part of the team and was able to contribute.

I didn't know which team I was going to be on before the internship started so the place I chose to live ended up being a long ways away from the office where I work everyday. I travel by bus so it takes much longer than it otherwise would.

I did government consulting which I really enjoyed. Make sure you know what you're getting in to (i.e. commercial, federal practice). And research the area you're going to be in as well. PwC is one of the few large consulting firms that hasn't been in the news in a bad way recently like many others. It feels good to work at a firm that has a highly regarded code of ethics that everyone abides by.

Advice to Management

It would have been convenient had I known before the internship started, what my assignment would be and where I was going to work so that I could arrange housing accordingly.

Date: 2013

Unique opportunity for real-life career experience

Real interaction with clients. Valuable work.

Travelling, however we are compensated greatly

Ask questions, get feedback, and communicate.

Advice to Management

Provide stipend for housing for out of town interns.

Work Very Hard; Play Very Hard

The buddy system PwC provides to get you situated into your new environment; the steep learning curve; the shadowing experiences available to you; the flexibility offered even to interns, like myself; time-and-a-half pay for overtime hours

The hours were long, but we were paid time-and-a-half for overtime work, so long hours were not necessarily a bad thing.

You learn so much so quickly. Everyone is encouraging and wants you to learn. You work on real client work on Day 1, so you are certainly not just a number in a department. Your work is important.

Advice to Management

Nothing. PwC has good pay, flexibility in the long hours, good promotion policies, and solid training and is a diverse work environment

Date: 2013

Having fun and creating value

The people were great that I worked with, everyday was fun. We had a lot of intern events that were really fun as well, interns are treated like royalty at PwC.

The work load can be tough at times, there were times where I would be working until midnight and other days I wouldn't have anything to do at 9am.

PwC isn't a typical accounting firm, we have fun and we all have very outgoing personalities. My advice would be to be outgoing and have fun makes sure that this firm is a fit for you. If you feel like that is how you are, that's what PwC is all about and I would strongly recommend it.

Date: 2013

I met incredible people & received priceless coaching/mentoring with a company that I plan to start my career with and stay with.

Networking opportunities, culture of the firm, coaching/mentoring, friendliness of employees, exposure to Partners, pay, people I worked with.

Internship was only 7 weeks.

PwC is an accounting firm but we are in the people business. PwC looks for people with great personalities, strong work ethic that are willing to share and collaborate. The firm is big on personal branding so look for ways that you can brand yourself to stand out and add value to PwC's brand. There is a clear career path and promotion opportunities to higher level positions if you are producing quality work and put in the time.

Advice to Management

Provide general diversity sessions to non-Start interns to enhance cultural sensitivity - not a big issue but could be helpful in long run.

Date: 2013

Real life experiences, valuable coaching, building an expansive network.

As interns we are treated as first year associates, along which come the enriching experiences, exposure and responsibilities that enable interns to decide whether this is the right fit. There are countless people at each level of the organization that are ready and willing with useful advice and assistance.

Only 8 weeks long

Always have a good attitude, be open minded, and ready and willing to learn!

Welcome Aboard

The people. Everyone in the firm is truly top tier in every way.

The traffic during the commute to work.

Just be open and talk to as many people as you can.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Date: 2013

A great experience with a wide variety of work, a close connection with other employees, and fun memories.

I liked the variety of work I experienced within the PCS group. I worked on many different tax returns but also worked on projects such as billing, assembling work papers, and updating lead sheets. I also really liked the people I worked with, who were all very nice and hosted a few very fun activities. I also appreciated the amount of work I received in comparison to other interns; for the most part, I was busy working on client work rather than filling my time elearn activities.

If I could have been more busy, I would have like to have been. There were some moments that I didn't have client work, although I realize that is understandable because it isn't busy season just yet.

PwC provides a lot of great benefits to employees and is working very hard on recognizing diversity within the firm in addition to the need for flexibility. I think it is a great place to work as long as you are willing to be self-motivated and willing to work hard during busy season.

Advice to Management

In most organizations, the gender leadership gap is pretty obvious. I understand that PwC is currently working on improving this, but there is always room for improvement to help bring equality to the work place.

Date: 2013

Great experience with great people in a great firm

Various intern events Get paid for overtime work

Need to travel to client site. I would like to work in the office.

I think interns should inquire more about the benefits that the company provides. Also, know more about the hour and work life balance.