Date: 2013

Exceptional place to work in terms of culture, professional experience, and compensation

training programs, travel, overtime pay, great co-workers and fellow interns, interest in my individual goals

projects were assigned in a very ad-hoc fashion and based on who you knew

This is a brand that you want to be associated with. Depending on what line of service you are in, you may find your work repetitive, but the compensation and flexibility that comes with it more than offsets any disadvantages.

Advice to Management

NA

Date: 2013

Great learning experience with awesome coworkers

Coworkers Learning material outside of the classroom

Commute to the client

PwC has alcohol at recruiting events and company events. The culture across the US is awesome, and all the employees are very qualified.

Date: 2013

Stretch your mind, Spin your wheels, and Learn infinitely more than you can imagine.

The intern events were incredible- we went to an Astros game and saw the play Wicked. The partners and other employees were great in reaching out to us. I felt very welcomed! I absolutely always had someone to answer my questions. I never felt like I was on my own.

The hours required

Get ready to work A LOT, but it will be rewarding. Don't take it too seriously, or you will stress yourself out beyond belief. We are not saving lives here, we are preparing tax returns, and if you have to leave at 7pm, then leave! You don't have to stay until midnight everynight. Pwc is extremly flexible as long as you speak up and communicate.

Advice to Management

I think things are fine the way they are!

Date: 2013

Great place to work with great people

People able to work with talented people

The work is at times dull but overall, not many cons

Be outgoing and open to new experiences

Date: 2013

Realistic view of how PwC can help Advance your career.

The best aspect of the internship was the people. Everyone in the company is very friendly, helpful, and welcoming. Everyone within PwC wants to help you grow into a better professional and individual without changing who you are. I received great coaching and mentorship throughout my entire internship by people who wanted to help me.

There really wasn't anything I disliked about my internship.

The best advice I can give to potential interns would be to take opportunities. PwC provides many opportunities for its interns if they demonstrate that they are interested in them. Don't wait for opportunities to be given to you, or people to tell you to apply for things, take the initiative and just do it.

Advice to Management

PwC has really taken an effort to make the work-life balance great. They provide with vacation time, competitive compensation, expense reimbursement, and realistic hours. PwC is also focusing on flexibility, diversity, and an increased use and knowledge of benefits provided.

Date: 2013

A great opportunity to get my foot in the door at an excellent accounting firm.

Pay, the coaching provided, and the experience on actual projects.

There was a 2 week period where many interns had nothing to do.

Come in, work hard, respect other people and don't do anything stupid and you should get a full-time offer.

Advice to Management

Try to have jobs set up for all of the interns so time isn't wasted just waiting around.

Date: 2013

PwC takes the time to develop professionals.

A great deal of time was focused on networking, not only with current employees but with other interns who are the leaders of tomorrow.

The internship lasts only 8 weeks and one of the weeks is spent doing training. I feel that if it was at least one week longer, the intern group would have been able to better their skills.

I would advise potential interns to do research on the company. Representatives are consistently impressed by those candidates who are able to ask specific questions about the firm based on current events. They are well versed in the interview process and do a good job filtering out those who do not know much about the company based on the generic questions that may be asked.

Having fun learning

The ability to work on engagement teams and build my network by meeting new people within the firm. The amount of training you recieve and knowledge you gain. I really liked how everyone was more than willing to answer your questions and help you through something. They would explain why this procedure is the way it is and not just answer, that is how it's done. PwC wants to make sure you understand all of the concepts behind things.

I didn't get to work on many engagements with other interns. I think it would have been helpful at the begining so we could bounce ideas off of eachother.

If you like flexibilty and want the opportunity to work with young people PwC is the place to be.

Diverse and rewarding

Realistic exposure to all aspects of consulting and working at the firm. Many opportunities to get involved in project, with firm, and network. Very supportive culture.

Some people had very different experiences than others

Culture and level of support and care are differentiators. Growing company with increasing opportunities.

AN EXPERIENCE WITH THE BEST ACCOUNTING FIRM YOU'LL NEVER FORGET

The people at this firm are hardworking, driven, and willing to make time for the interns.

Being assigned on the same client throughout the summer.

An opportunity to work for PwC is not one to give up. I personally was not interested in working for any of the big four companies upon interviewing, but after meeting employees at PwC and learning more about their quality of work, I knew it was a chance I could not give up.

Advice to Management

Get the interns to work on more client engagements so they can get exposed to different industries.