4.6 of 5 stars (4,028 Ratings)

Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 4,028 Intern Reviews

Spectacular opportunities for those that want to work hard

Dallas, TX | April 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Working with, and learning from, the highest caliber people. The USLT shadow experience where I was able to spend a day with CFO and Vice Chair of the firm. The vast amount of experience gained in such relatively little time.

I would have loved more client interaction although I would not consider this a significant "downer". If you think you can show up as an intern and run the show, this is not the place for that kind of ego.

Comments

Hard work and networking. You will have many that got in because of the school and program that they are affiliated with that do not take initiative. Be proactive a visible in your intentions and future plans.

An opportunity to Grow

Chicago, IL | November 2014 | FORMER INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

A great learning experience!

Baltimore, MD | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Building relationships and applying knowledge from school to the job.

It was short.

Ask a lot of questions!

Describe a situation when you were in a team and what role you played.

Advice to Management

Continually improving work life balance.

The first step in your one hundred foot professional journey.

Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on projects that directly affect the success of my office.

I had to commute from 20 minutes away and the traffic was never good.

Really focus on developing your own personal brand and living up to the professional image you want others to view you as.

High quality experience

Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

opportunity to network with associates and all the way up to partners, experience auditing a Fortune 500 company

Sometimes working on non important areas

See if the culture fits your personality

Building a foundation for a promising future

Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gaining experience doing exactly what a first year employee would do. Also being able to meet people within the industry and gain valuable advice from them

At times the hours were extensive

This internship is only for people who are serious about starting a career in public accounting and are willing to put in the work

What was your favorite/ least favorite class?

Explain a time when you stepped up as a leader in a group?

Explain a time when you worked with a group and the group didn't function properly? What could have been done to fix it?

Meaningful and rewarding work experience!

Cleveland, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hours, pay, location, other employees.

Nothing, it was a great experience.

Be prepared to put in long hours, but you will be fairly compensated and treated well.

Challenging, Rewarding Internship with the Top Public Accounting Firm

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My internship offered a realistic look at a full-time career with PwC. I had real and challenging work, and my teammates wanted to challenge me, but still provide helpful coaching so I never felt overwhelmed or frustrated. Moreover, I had lots of social experiences during my internship, as well as through Launch, the internship capstone trip to DisneyWorld.

The hours were demanding, but my team had great flexibility to make the workload as easy as possible.

During the interview process, ask employees directly what the benefits of PwC are over the competitors. They have great, concrete answers that I didn't hear when I asked other firms the same question. PwC is the top-tier firm, and they treat interns as valued team members.

Great experience - treated like a salaried employee

Louisville, KY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experience

Networking

Benefits, such as expenses being paid for travel

Quality training

Work can get monotonous on some days, but there is usually a wide variety.

This job will take up just about all your time during the internship. You'll work hard and long hours through the day, but you'll also have lots of fun at night and on the weekends.

You get what you put into it and PwC will help to make it happen

San Jose, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Challenging work, supportive learning environment, amiable and professional staff, clear understanding of expectations and opportunities to meet them.

Work was slow at times but you can find ways to be productive (i.e. use learning resources, shadow employees, take on work from another department).

Know your personal objectives and understand what the firm has to offer. Also, be open to finding new experiences and meeting new people. The firm is big and there are tons of great people in each line of service.

Behavioral interviewing - Why tax?

Advice to Management

n/a - the firm is very transparent about expectations, work load, and promotion policies.