PwC's Internship Experience

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Consulting Internships  /  #5 Best Accounting Internships  /  #16 Best Overall Internships

4.6 of 5 stars Overall Intern Rating (4,026 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 1-10 of 4,026 Intern Reviews

Fast-paced, strategic work that matters
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diverse experiences and colleagues

Worked on projects that were both impactful and provided stretch

Had a lot of fun

There was a lot of ambiguity to which I had to become accustomed.

PwC has a very specific culture and fit is critical--those who succeeded were those who thrived in the environment.

Advice to Management

As a huge organization, there were occassionally mixed messages from HR, which didn't detract from the work experience, but did create some confusion among interns.

It's going to be a beautiful morning. It's going to be a beautiful day.
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people at PwC are incredible. I worked with individuals not only from across the country, but across the world. I formed relationships with students who had similar interests and hobbies, relationships that carried on into my full time position! I also was exposed to one of the largest and high profile client in our office, Goldman Sachs, and learned a ton about auditing, risk assurance, and valuation. Also, the firm took us to Disney World at the end of the intership! The trip to Disney World was one of the most amazing experiences in my life. I was surrounded by 800 working professionals, young and old alike, and brought behind the scenes of parks such as Epcot and Animal Kingdom to learn about teamwork, motivation, and perserverance. I wouldn't trade that week for the world.

I wish the internship lasted longer. I could have used one more week.

You will work hard at PwC. You will also be exposed to the largest and most important firms in the world, while making friends for life.

Assurance Intern
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Company culture, professional experiences, coaching, flexibility.

The internship was great- no complaints.

Know that PwC really cares about the individual and will take steps to make sure you are getting the most out of your summer.

Best Way to Spend my Summer
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Involvement with a client engagement

Travel requirements

If you're ever confused, do not hesitate to ask questions.

Be confident in your skills. Speak up!

Expand on your previous job experiences?

How are your strengths relatable to the internship?

Advice to Management

If an intern's client is based out of a location other than that intern's home office, make sure to plan 1-2 weeks when that intern spend time in his/her home office. Consecutive weeks traveling is tiring.

The PwC internship experience made learning fun!
Pittsburgh, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All employees were a pleasure to work with. PwC invested time in my personal and professional development. The firm took the time to thoroughly coach and train me. The firm held numerous social events and concluded the internship with a trip to Disney World.

I thought all aspects of the internship were great.

PwC is dedicated to hiring and developing the best talent. The firm will challenge its employees to reach their potential. PwC strives to be the best accounting firm in the world.

Students receive insight into daily life of public accounting
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I received hands on experience and got a sense of what it would be like to work at PwC full time. I met really great people and got to participate in a variety of firm activities.

At times, there wasn't a ton of work for interns to do.

PwC cares about its people. You will work hard, but you will also be rewarded not only monitarily but also with a great work environment, wonderful collegues, and intellectually stimulating work.

The PwC Summer Experience - The Internship Experience of a Lifetime
Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to explore all industry groups and the opportunity to network with people from different areas of focus and backgrounds.

At some clients, the level of work was not very challenging or interesting.

The firm is more than just a 'public acocunting firm'; our leaders/team members genuinely believe in investing in relationships and offer several opportunities beyond your day-to-day responsibilites to make an impact on those around you and those within the community and to grow professionally and personally. The experience is what YOU make of it - take advantage of the opportunitites that are presented to you.

Building you own experience
Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of the internship was the intern events that were planned in between the busy work hours. It was nice to be able to get to know other interns from different lines of service.

I would have enjoyed more time on the same client. Even though I liked bouncing around clients to get different exposure, I felt that staying on one client longer would have allowed me to get a better experience.

PwC practices what they preach and my internship was above and beyond what I thought it would be.

Best experience to prepare for the future
Cleveland, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed everyone I worked with because they were very helpful and treated me how they would treat anyone else. I was able to travel with my team see exactly what a full-time position would be like.

I wish my internship was longer.

I think that when you are looking for a place to work it is very important to like the people that you are working with because you spend a lot of time with those people.

What type of community service have you participated in?

Advice to Management

I think that PwC has made great changes to make sure their employees are happy in their workplace.

Work hard, Play Hard
Miami, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The interaction you get to have with various different people in the company. You have access to employees ranging from first year staff to Partners, all who are willing to assist you in your career development

that it was only an 8 week internship

if you plan on interning at PwC, make sure you have taken a few accounting classes in the field you plan to study to be able to get the most out of the experience