4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 4,027 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

Displaying 1-10 of 4,027 Intern Reviews

An opportunity to Grow
Chicago, IL | November 2014 | Former Intern

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

The first step in your one hundred foot professional journey.
Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on projects that directly affect the success of my office.

I had to commute from 20 minutes away and the traffic was never good.

Really focus on developing your own personal brand and living up to the professional image you want others to view you as.

The PwC Summer Experience - The Internship Experience of a Lifetime
Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to explore all industry groups and the opportunity to network with people from different areas of focus and backgrounds.

At some clients, the level of work was not very challenging or interesting.

The firm is more than just a 'public acocunting firm'; our leaders/team members genuinely believe in investing in relationships and offer several opportunities beyond your day-to-day responsibilites to make an impact on those around you and those within the community and to grow professionally and personally. The experience is what YOU make of it - take advantage of the opportunitites that are presented to you.

Building a foundation for a promising future
Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gaining experience doing exactly what a first year employee would do. Also being able to meet people within the industry and gain valuable advice from them

At times the hours were extensive

This internship is only for people who are serious about starting a career in public accounting and are willing to put in the work

What was your favorite/ least favorite class?

Explain a time when you stepped up as a leader in a group?

Explain a time when you worked with a group and the group didn't function properly? What could have been done to fix it?

High quality experience
Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

opportunity to network with associates and all the way up to partners, experience auditing a Fortune 500 company

Sometimes working on non important areas

See if the culture fits your personality

PwC - you never know how awesome it is until you intern here
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All my colleagues were extremely friendly and helpful. They genuinely wanted to help me improve and learn. They were always positive and enthusiastic about their work, which was particularly important during busy audit seasons. So during my internship, I was happy every day even if I was working for 16 hours a day.

Seriously, nothing.

PwC is one of the best places to start a career for an accounting student. Be prepared to work hard because the more you put into your internship, the more your will get out from it. Also be prepared to have a great time with your colleagues and fellow interns because it is just enjoyable to spend time with them!

As a student, there are a lot of occasions in which you are coached by others. Is there a time when you are the one who coach other people?

Reflective of a First-Year Experience
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Excellent culture, fun employees and co-workers

The entire internship was only 8 weeks.

Consider the culture and mission of the company in order to evaluate if it aligns with goals.

Great Alternative to Audit: Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services
Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part was being able to work on a variety of projects. High profile/low profile and a wide variety of types of projects including divestitures, spin-offs, IPOs, and technical accounting.

There wan't anything I did not like about my internship.

I would pursue every opportunity at the firm and do not just resort to tax or audit. There are many other opportunities that may fit your skills and preferences better.

PwC's internship experience helps college students excel as working professionals
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking events, working with my team, and the disney launch were the best aspects of the program.

The training in the office could have been a little more structured and my commute to work was long

I would recommend making sure your GPA is as high as possible. You won't be considered for the program if it is below a 3.5. Also get involved in volunteering events at your school. Show that you care about your community, make a difference. Be personable in interviews and show you are hardworking.

Name a time when you were working with a team and someone wasn't pulling their weight? What did you do?

What is one of your weaknesses?

Advice to Management

I don't have any comments

Learn what it's like to work for a Big 4 company in the off season.
Portland, OR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to meet a lot of new people.

Having to be so dependent on direction for what to do.

Look at the people, if you enjoy them then spending time in a tiny audit room will be so much better.