PwC's Internship Experience

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Consulting Internships  /  #5 Best Accounting Internships  /  #16 Best Overall Internships

4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 4,027 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 1-10 of 4,027 Intern Reviews

An opportunity to Grow
Chicago, IL | November 2014 | Former Intern

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

PwC culture reflects the fact that employees take their work seriously but not themselves.
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

So many events and people who were sincerely invested in my success!

Too short! And not enough work.

Take advantage of every opportunity! PwC does an amazing job offering interns opportunities in and out of their assigned line of service. The summer is so short, try not to miss out on any of them!

Team Based Learning
Jacksonville, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility in the workplace. I was able to work from home instead of working late hours at the office.

Sitting all day because I'm used to moving a lot.

PwC really cares about their people. They strive to keep their employees happy because that is what leads to a successful, productive work environment. I was never treated as an intern during my internship but as a full time employee. This really helped me get a feel for what life would be like as a first year associate.

PwC, Where Everyone is Supportive and the Tax Returns Matter.
Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The whole office is so supportive of one another. They are very helpful when it comes to the actual work, but they are also genuinely interested in your life--how you like the city, what you're up to, etc.

I regret not being able to shadow a Manager or Partner more. I was able to go out to lunch and be introduced to executives at other companies, but I would have enjoyed seeing what a Manager does on a typical day.

Don't be afraid to make mistakes! I think it impressed the other employees how many questions I asked. They like to see you eager to learn. So if you make a mistake, don't fret; learn from it!

What are some things you are looking for in an internship?

Why did you select Nashville as your city of preference?

Advice to Management

I can't complain about anything in the office. I do however wish we had bigger desks as interns.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Review until you get to Dallas.
Ft. Worth, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Once you are involved with a client, you are really able to see and understand the process of how to prepare returns.

I honestly wish it was a little bit longer of an internship. I feel like the time flew by.

Make sure to schedule meetings with career coaches early so that they may assist you to get involved with as many opportunities as possible.

Advice to Management

During the internship, I wish that the interns could have all been situated closer to one another in the office.

My Amazing Summer
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work-life balance

Long hours

Be yourself! Most people at the firm want you to have a good personality.

My interviewers didn't ask me very many questions. It was more of a conversation than an interview.

Open Environment Leads to New Learning and Experiences
McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

people. atmosphere, learning opportunities, networking experiences

inability to work on different lines of service

Take the internship seriously, and take every opportunity to network with your peers and staff members

PwC's Demanding Internships Attract the Most Diligent Students
Pittsburgh, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved that I was able to experience what an associate with PwC actually does from day to day.

Some of the work I did was simple and almost mindless because I obviously was not yet qualified for the more difficult tasks.

Work everyday as if you want to be partner.

Best internship so far!
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, training, people, benefits

I liked every aspect of the internship.

It will really help you to boost your career. It is definitely worth going through the whole recruiting process at PwC.

Rewarding hands-on experience
San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

As an intern, I was provided with challenging and meaningful work that contributed to the completion of an audit. I felt that I was a valued member of the engagement team and that my team members were interested in my development as a young professional.

The short duration of the summer internship. Public accounting has a steep learning curve, therefore once you began to feel comfortable with the processes, procedures and system, the internship is over.

The PwC environment is truly dedicated to the learning and development of employees and interns. Public accounting can be a challenging and demanding industry, but PwC is committed to helpling it's employees build a strong foundation and grow as professionals.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)