4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 4,027 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 1-10 of 4,027 Intern Reviews

An opportunity to Grow
Chicago, IL | November 2014 | Former Intern

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Work with a firm that truly invests in its employees through personal development and coaching.
Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Responsibility

Transparency (not much)

Come in with an open mind and seek feedback.

-Tell me how you have expanded your network in college.

-Case interview was based on process improvement and identifying constraints/bottlenecks

-Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker

Advice to Management

Better-convey to interns what to expect from a full time arrangement (they avoid telling you about how much overtime is actually involved or what to expect for pay)

Quick learning curve, invaluable experience
Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability for growth within the firm, the option for training, firm leadership

Long hours some days, but not really anything

Always be willing to take on new challenges, be ready for the unexpected, there are many times when you will not have much work to do and that is okay, but just be open to new experiences.

Tell me about a time you succeeded, and a time when you failed.

What is the most important thing on your resume to you?

Was given various brain teasers

Tell me about why you would be a good fit for the firm? What can you bring to the firm?

Advice to Management

Bigger office space, interns were not allowed to have desks because of the lack of desks available for associates

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Great internship - would recommend to my peers
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to connect with current employees at all levels and learn about their experiences

I enjoyed everything about the internship - it was a great experience

Look beyond the compensation package - your pay situation will change drastically over the next several years of your career. Pay attention to how the company treats its more seasoned employees - this is where you will be soon. Do they offer good benefits and career growth? If so - that is the company you should choose.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on flexibility measures - the firm has become a leader for ensuring that employees are able to meet their personal and professional goals. Continuing this effort will help our generation find their place long-term.

The PwC internship is a one of a kind program of learning, collaboration, and client service.
McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning what client service was all about!

It almost seemed too short!

Take each day of your internship with a fresh set of eyes, you never know what you will learn!

Accounting Outside the Classroom
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given responsibility over a group of interns on the engagement which I worked on after they recognized my abilities. I felt like I was treated like a full time employee and got a very good feel of what it was like to work at Price. I didn't just want them to wine and dine me (although they still did). I thought there was a good balance of real work, testing my competency, and rewarding me for my hard work.

I didn't dislike any part of my internship.

Price is the largest of the Big 4 in Boston and is the leader in Assurance for a number of industries. I would recommend PwC over the other Big 4 firms if you want to get an idea of what working for the Big 4 is like.

Give me an example of a time you used networking to solve a problem.

Talk about your previous work experience.

Why do you want to work for PwC?

Why do you want to be an auditor?

Do you have any questions for me (this is an important question that isn't just for your benefit!)?

Talk about your school experience?

Advice to Management

PwC is moving forward appropriately.

Growing your future
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Training , coaching , level of work assigned.

Feedback given

Be ready to get assigned real work

Describe a motto you live by

Advice to Management

Compensation could be improved

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

PwC Newsflash: Don't act like an intern and they won't treat you like one
Des Moines, IA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, trip to Disneyworld at the end, overnight training in different city.

Not much client interaction

It doesn't get much better. bro.

Achieveing personal growth while helping clients see real change.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunitiy to choose the industry I wanted to work in, my team, feedback process, courses available for personal training/development, informal networking opportunities/social events, hours/pay.

Formal networking opportunities were minimal.

Since I was always at the client, I rarely interacted with other interns.

Within industry, project assignment was random with little regard to intern skills/preferences.

During your internship you will be required to be a people person. Whether and extrovert or introvert, ability to work in teams is critical with both your PwC team and the client. Real-time feedback is also encouraged so be ready to get some tough love throughout; it will lead to personal growth. Additionally, employers love interns who have analytical/deliverable-creation skills so very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills can really make your internship fantastic. Lastly, come here if you want to be in a specific industry (Finance, Healthcare), not a specific competency (operations, strategy, etc.) because that is the way that the company is set up. Also know that it is very difficult to switch from one industry to another once you start full time.

After receiving the case, one of the things I was asked was to provide a timeline with implementation steps to my recommendations.

Advice to Management

Since within an industry, interns are placed on random projects, interns should receive more formal opportunities to get to know other aspects of that industry. For example, in Finance if you are placed on an insurance company, but were always interested in consulting an asset management firm, you should be able to formally network with that group.

Great opportunity to learn, grow, and explore the world of auditing
Pittsburgh, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the mentoring and learning opportunities.

The only thing that was a negative is that it was a slow season, so there was a little less "real" auditing work to be done.

The best way to take on the job is to be open to learning and try to step outside your comfort zone.