4.6 of 5 stars (4,030 Ratings)

Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 4,030 Intern Reviews

bureaucratic and dry work

New York City, NY | August 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Hourly pay was high (overtime was good)
Disney world
Points and miles from travel
Office location was very convenient if you were ever there

Most projects at PwC are heavy on implementation and IT operations. The work I was doing was very dull and consisted of traveling to a remote client site in an uninteresting city to implement and modify some software program (that was supposedly revolutionary but has not been temporarily discontinued). I was supposed to be in management consulting but was somehow dually staffed in Tech. Hours were rough.

Training is very poor and the review process seems overly bureaucratic and not a true measure of how much value you add but how popular you are within the 'in groups'

Comments

Interview process is easy ONCE you have the interview. Very straightforward behavioral questions, no real case, and more of a social test to see if you get a long. Generally apply through campus for first round which cuts a good deal of people, and go through the superday with a high success rate unless you really screw up.

Great work but poor management

Ny, NY | July 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Got to do real consulting work and had FaceTime with senior individuals at the client

Was unable to get face time or even phone time with managers

Comments

With the size of this firm you summer is either hit or miss

Spectacular opportunities for those that want to work hard

Dallas, TX | April 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Working with, and learning from, the highest caliber people. The USLT shadow experience where I was able to spend a day with CFO and Vice Chair of the firm. The vast amount of experience gained in such relatively little time.

I would have loved more client interaction although I would not consider this a significant "downer". If you think you can show up as an intern and run the show, this is not the place for that kind of ego.

Comments

Hard work and networking. You will have many that got in because of the school and program that they are affiliated with that do not take initiative. Be proactive a visible in your intentions and future plans.

An opportunity to Grow

Chicago, IL | November 2014 | FORMER INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

Intern Life: Learning, Making Connections, Making Money

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to learn about the everyday life of an auditor and gaining an understanding of their audit process. Networking events: being able to sit down with partners, managers, and seniors multiple times throughout the internship.

I would have liked a longer internship.

Make as many connections as possible and have fun during your internship. At the same time always ask questions and have a good attitude.

Tell me a little about yourself.

Name a time when you failed and how you overcame it.

Tell me about your time studying abroad.

Can you describe some of the responsibilities/roles that you had on campus?

Tell me about some of your responsibilities at your last job.

Advice to Management

Hosting more events so that interns can get to know their fellow interns better. Once at the client site, it was hard to meet other interns.

Best Accounting Internship Available

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got real life experience and saw exactly what I will be doing when I start full time.

The commute.

PwC takes pride in how well they treat all of their employees, both personally and financially.

PwC's Internship Experience: Where You Can Build Valuable Relationships & Kick-off Your Business Career With Real-Time Improvements

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hands-on Experience, Supportive/Collaborative Environment, Real-Time Improvements

I would've liked to gain a bit more experience in a different department within the firm.

The work can be challenging but the firm's values are shown throughout its employees and working for PwC is very rewarding.

Why did you choose accounting? Why tax?

What makes you different than other potential candidates?

Do you see yourself living here? (location of internship)

Tell me a little bit about yourself.

Advice to Management

I believe it's important to build growth with diverse employees who can bring different ideas to the firm.

When Hard Work Meets Fun

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to meet all of the other interns from schools all across the country. Having a close relationship with my client team.

I wish it was longer.

Be flexible and willing to learn.

Great experience - treated like a salaried employee

Louisville, KY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experience

Networking

Benefits, such as expenses being paid for travel

Quality training

Work can get monotonous on some days, but there is usually a wide variety.

This job will take up just about all your time during the internship. You'll work hard and long hours through the day, but you'll also have lots of fun at night and on the weekends.

You get what you put into it and PwC will help to make it happen

San Jose, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Challenging work, supportive learning environment, amiable and professional staff, clear understanding of expectations and opportunities to meet them.

Work was slow at times but you can find ways to be productive (i.e. use learning resources, shadow employees, take on work from another department).

Know your personal objectives and understand what the firm has to offer. Also, be open to finding new experiences and meeting new people. The firm is big and there are tons of great people in each line of service.

Behavioral interviewing - Why tax?

Advice to Management

n/a - the firm is very transparent about expectations, work load, and promotion policies.