4.6 of 5 stars (1,134 Ratings)

Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 1,134 Intern Reviews

bureaucratic and dry work

New York City, NY | August 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Hourly pay was high (overtime was good)
Disney world
Points and miles from travel
Office location was very convenient if you were ever there

Most projects at PwC are heavy on implementation and IT operations. The work I was doing was very dull and consisted of traveling to a remote client site in an uninteresting city to implement and modify some software program (that was supposedly revolutionary but has not been temporarily discontinued). I was supposed to be in management consulting but was somehow dually staffed in Tech. Hours were rough.

Training is very poor and the review process seems overly bureaucratic and not a true measure of how much value you add but how popular you are within the 'in groups'

Comments

Interview process is easy ONCE you have the interview. Very straightforward behavioral questions, no real case, and more of a social test to see if you get a long. Generally apply through campus for first round which cuts a good deal of people, and go through the superday with a high success rate unless you really screw up.

Great work but poor management

Ny, NY | July 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Got to do real consulting work and had FaceTime with senior individuals at the client

Was unable to get face time or even phone time with managers

Comments

With the size of this firm you summer is either hit or miss

Spectacular opportunities for those that want to work hard

Dallas, TX | April 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Working with, and learning from, the highest caliber people. The USLT shadow experience where I was able to spend a day with CFO and Vice Chair of the firm. The vast amount of experience gained in such relatively little time.

I would have loved more client interaction although I would not consider this a significant "downer". If you think you can show up as an intern and run the show, this is not the place for that kind of ego.

Comments

Hard work and networking. You will have many that got in because of the school and program that they are affiliated with that do not take initiative. Be proactive a visible in your intentions and future plans.

An opportunity to Grow

Chicago, IL | November 2014 | FORMER INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

The real deal - hands on accountant experience

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

-friendly staff willing to guide newcomers

-professional accounting experience

A winter in Boston is different than a winter in Miami, Fl. but with the proper attire anyone can adjust

This is a great opportunity to gain accounting experience.

"Why Boston?"

"What interests you in Assurance?"

Great training and professional growth opportunity

Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Training and networking

Not as much client facing experience as I would have liked

Be prepared to network and sell your brand.

Full engagement, high responsibility, high reward

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The hands on career development offered

I didn't get a chance to travel

Be prepared to learn about something, whether a skill set or industry, that you don't know something about. Remember that no one expects you to be an expert, but they do expect you to learn quickly.

Challenging, Motivating, Exciting, and Humbling

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning from all the different tasks and enhancing my skills, while networking.

Nothing really, maybe parking.

Don't be scared to ask questions and make mistakes.

A true family experience!

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to shadow professionals.

The company did not plan payment correctly

Find professionals you can relate to

Advice to Management

They need to be less sticky about not working overtime.

The internship experience at PwC taught me responsibility and what life in accounting is truly like post-grad.

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experience I got was well-rounded and my input was valued in deciding which kinds of clients and audits I'd like to be involved in. I was also able to travel to Belize for PwC's Project Belize, which was an incredible experience and opportunity.

Some of the work was extremely tedious, but that is expected in public accounting.

PwC is a great firm, and if you want to work in public accounting, I wouldn't recommend anyone else. PwC treats its interns, as well as its staff, extremely well.