PwC's Internship Experience

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Consulting Internships  /  #5 Best Accounting Internships  /  #16 Best Overall Internships

4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 4,027 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 1-10 of 4,027 Intern Reviews

An opportunity to Grow
Chicago, IL | November 2014 | Former Intern

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

PwC, Where Everyone is Supportive and the Tax Returns Matter.
Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The whole office is so supportive of one another. They are very helpful when it comes to the actual work, but they are also genuinely interested in your life--how you like the city, what you're up to, etc.

I regret not being able to shadow a Manager or Partner more. I was able to go out to lunch and be introduced to executives at other companies, but I would have enjoyed seeing what a Manager does on a typical day.

Don't be afraid to make mistakes! I think it impressed the other employees how many questions I asked. They like to see you eager to learn. So if you make a mistake, don't fret; learn from it!

What are some things you are looking for in an internship?

Why did you select Nashville as your city of preference?

Advice to Management

I can't complain about anything in the office. I do however wish we had bigger desks as interns.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Interns experienced rapid growth and development while given opportunities to meet their future.
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I appreciated opportunities to complete community service within the Philadelphia school districts. Having the ability to delegate work hours to teach financial literacy upheld PwC's standards of corporate responsibility.

My overall expectations were met with this internship however the internships goes by extremely fast, sometimes I would alter the duration of it.

My best advice to potential interns is to be true to yourself, values, and morals because the environment is nurtured in a way to accept your differences which allows the atmosphere to become more diverse.

A great learning experience filled with many opportunities to grow your network
Baltimore, MD | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people at PwC and the mentorship program

Sometimes I had down time where I had nothing to do, which is understandable because it's not busy season

PwC shows how much they want you at their firm and it makes you really feel part of this great organization

Accounting experience in a real audit setting
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working directly with the client, working in a team with various experience levels, receiving detailed training, various intern events to network with coworkers

We were not always busy as the firm's busy season is in the winter around 12/31 year end

If you are interested in a real auditing experience, this internship is for you. The culture is friendly and they have great benefits.

Please provide an example of a time when you worked successfully with a team.

Please provide an example of a time when you worked with a team unsuccessfully.

PwC gave me the opportunity to complete hight-level tasks in a team environment while making connections with their people.
Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The PwC employees were very helpful in making sure I had an understanding of the work I was performing. I could always ask questions comfortably and the employees would work with me one-on-one to fully complete each task. The employees gave very helpful feedback. I was able to gain a great understanding of the work I was performing. Employees were always open to making new connections. The PwC Launch program at Disney World helped me network with other interns that received offers, as well as partners from all over the nation.

Right before the audit began and after it was completed, I didn't have too many tasks to complete.

Going into an internship with PwC keep an open mind, get to know as many employees as you can, and be willing to ask questions and for performance feedback. Take advantage of the many opportunities that PwC will open up for you.

Advice to Management

N/A

Fast-paced, strategic work that matters
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diverse experiences and colleagues

Worked on projects that were both impactful and provided stretch

Had a lot of fun

There was a lot of ambiguity to which I had to become accustomed.

PwC has a very specific culture and fit is critical--those who succeeded were those who thrived in the environment.

Advice to Management

As a huge organization, there were occassionally mixed messages from HR, which didn't detract from the work experience, but did create some confusion among interns.

PwC - you never know how awesome it is until you intern here
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All my colleagues were extremely friendly and helpful. They genuinely wanted to help me improve and learn. They were always positive and enthusiastic about their work, which was particularly important during busy audit seasons. So during my internship, I was happy every day even if I was working for 16 hours a day.

Seriously, nothing.

PwC is one of the best places to start a career for an accounting student. Be prepared to work hard because the more you put into your internship, the more your will get out from it. Also be prepared to have a great time with your colleagues and fellow interns because it is just enjoyable to spend time with them!

As a student, there are a lot of occasions in which you are coached by others. Is there a time when you are the one who coach other people?

Reflective of a First-Year Experience
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Excellent culture, fun employees and co-workers

The entire internship was only 8 weeks.

Consider the culture and mission of the company in order to evaluate if it aligns with goals.

Grow your own way
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to be myself and bring something valuable to the table

The internship was way too short

If you want to go into public accounting, PwC is the place to go

Advice to Management

way more diversity