4.6 of 5 stars (2,560 Ratings)

Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 2,560 Intern Reviews

Spectacular opportunities for those that want to work hard

Dallas, TX | April 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Working with, and learning from, the highest caliber people. The USLT shadow experience where I was able to spend a day with CFO and Vice Chair of the firm. The vast amount of experience gained in such relatively little time.

I would have loved more client interaction although I would not consider this a significant "downer". If you think you can show up as an intern and run the show, this is not the place for that kind of ego.

Comments

Hard work and networking. You will have many that got in because of the school and program that they are affiliated with that do not take initiative. Be proactive a visible in your intentions and future plans.

An opportunity to Grow

Chicago, IL | November 2014 | FORMER INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

Work with a firm that truly invests in its employees through personal development and coaching.

Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Responsibility

Transparency (not much)

Come in with an open mind and seek feedback.

-Tell me how you have expanded your network in college.

-Case interview was based on process improvement and identifying constraints/bottlenecks

-Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker

Advice to Management

Better-convey to interns what to expect from a full time arrangement (they avoid telling you about how much overtime is actually involved or what to expect for pay)

PwC Newsflash: Don't act like an intern and they won't treat you like one

Des Moines, IA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, trip to Disneyworld at the end, overnight training in different city.

Not much client interaction

It doesn't get much better. bro.

When Hard Work Meets Fun

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to meet all of the other interns from schools all across the country. Having a close relationship with my client team.

I wish it was longer.

Be flexible and willing to learn.

The least "intern" like internship (aka no coffee runs and copies)

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt that I truly understand what the work level of a first year associate looked like rather than just doing coffee runs and making copies. I learned ALOT of valuable information during my 8 weeks with PwC.

Extremely long hours during the second quarter close.

Be positive, open to constructive criticism, and accept every task with a smile.

Describe your greatest strength/weakness, tell me about yourself, challenging group situation.

Advice to Management

"flex hours" were not as flexible as they let on so a way to really make employees feel that they can benefit from flex fridays etc.

Treat the company well, and we'll treat you better

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation to responsibility ratio

Down time occasionally

Definitely accept your offer

Fast Paced Quality Experience that Will Prepare you for your future.

Toledo, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with great teams and feeling like you were completing meaningful tasks.

We were required to submit several administrative forms about the internship almost back to back. So the information did not change very much from each one and it seemed very redundant.

Engage yourself and take on tasks you may not normally do. That way you will get the most out of your experience.

Describe a time where you experienced a tough decision and how did you overcome/work through that decision.

Advice to Management

The Starting Salaries seem to be a little lower than some of the competitors starting salaries.

Great firm great culture

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking with partners, other colleagues, and my intern class

Length of time could be slightly longer

So many opportunities in many areas of business

Life Changing Experience (for the better)

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of information learned and the opportunity to see what how I would be working and the things that would be required of me.

Sometimes I did not receive as much guidance as needed to complete an assignment. During our "busy season" stress levels are elevated and it is harder to ask questions and receive extra help to complete tasks.

Be yourself and use knowledge of what you learned to solve problems . You are expected to do the same work that the first-years are responsible for (not getting coffee or making copies all day) so do your best to learn as much as you can. You will make mistakes (I made A LOT) but overcome them, learn from them, and try not to make them again! Try to network and work with as many different people as you can.