Moss Adams LLP Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #23 Best Overall Internships

A Great Learning Opportunity

The people that I worked with were really great and made it a place I hope to come back to work as staff. They were all so helpful and kind. I also loved that I was given real tax work that was challenging and made me think things through. I felt like I got a great representation of what the field of work demands.

I had a bit of issue with assignments that required a lot of travel, however I worked with management to resolve the issue. They did a great job making sure I was taken care of.

I took a summer course at my local university at the same time. I would not recommend this as I think its best to focus on the adjustments that you need to make during the first few weeks of your internship. I would also suggest that if there is something going wrong during your internship, speak up! Management cannot be aware of a problem unless you say something. Moss is a great company to work for and the management is more than willing to help you with any issues that arise.

A Truly Memorable Experience

The work experience was a great learning experience. We were assigned meaningful work that tested our knowledge and taught us new skills. We received great feedback and support from all levels of the company. The internship was a great way to bond with our fellow interns and the entire company. We were treated as if we were already full-time staff members.

The training was less hands-on and more conceptual, and that have affected some of us who learn by doing when we were first assigned jobs.

Be yourself and stay positive. The firm is full of great people who are ready and willing to help during the recruiting process. Don't be afraid to ask questions about anything.

Summer full of learning

the people I worked with and the way they took time to teach me

nothing i can think of

it's a smaller firm so everyone knows everyones, but not too small

Date: 2013

Moss Adams values their interns.

I was treated the same as full time staff. This allowed me to get practical experience. The regional intern training program was fun and educational. There were also casual events outside of work which were great for getting to know everyone.

I had to temporarily relocate.

Interact with as many accounting firms as possible. This way you can understand what it is that makes each unique, and whether or not you will be comfortable working there.

Everything I could every imagine

learning process

Wish it was longer

Make sure to have leadership experience ahead of time and to have good communication skills- verballs and written

Moss Adams Internship was an Amazing Experience for All Involved

I enjoyed the hands on experience meeting with clients and actually doing the work.

Lack of networking events.

Moss Adams really cares about its people and tries to make everyone enjoy working there.

Date: 2013

Moss Adams, a great place to grow

Learning so much about the industry and baout Moss Adams as a company. Really, the culture and the people are what makes me like the firm so much.

I honestly cannot think of anything I didn't like.

Getting an internship here is the best way to experience Moss Adams. It really is the only way to fully experience the company, and the industry, before actually working full time. Moss Adams is particularly great because there is a rotation program available to new-hires where you can try both audit and tax and see what works best for you.

Advice to Management

I cannot think of anything.

Lifetime Learning

The best aspects of the internship was the learning experience as well as the opportunity to network.

What I least like about the internship was the inability to get enough experience because of the diverse nature of the projects.

Being open minded and eager to learn and try new things.

Moss Adams

Working on the intern team charity project, learning how the software works and more about taxes, the people at Moss Adams (especially Buddies and Career Advisors)

Waiting for work to come in

The most important thing is to be social and a good communicator. Ask questions, chat with others when timely, smile and say "hi" to those you see.

Date: 2013

A great way to get a feel for the culture at Moss Adams while also participating and completing actual hands-on assignments.

The culture at Moss Adams. The organization that was put into it. For example, I really enjoyed being in a conference room with some of the other interns because it gave us the opportunity to help each other out and get to know everyone. We were also very busy in the tax rotation which I liked.

I did the tax rotation first and we had a lot of work. When we got moved to the audit rotation for 3 weeks, some people didn't even get to go out on an audit, but interns from the other rotation were still going out on audits. I felt as if the audits were front-loaded, so we did not get as many opportunities in audit.

The culture at Moss Adams is amazing. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. I was nervous to ask questions at first, but I realized quickly that people are so willing to help.