Moss Adams Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #23 Best Overall Internships

Intern at Moss Adams Summer Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Engaging and Fun Internship for those Serious about Accounting

People, location, variety, culture

Not always a lot of workd

Do an internship before signing on somewhere

An Amazing Experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Getting to work closely with partners.
-Being exposed to several different clients.
-All of the employees were always willing to help or to explain something.

-Not always having work to do.

-Don't be afraid to ask questions when you don't understand something.
-Don't be afraid to walk around and ask people if they have any work for you to do.

Advice to Management

-It would be helpful to have "sample" audits for interns to practice with when they don't have any other work to do.

Summer Intern Discovers Public Accounting to be More About People than Numbers
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Some of the best times I had during the internship were with my fellow interns in our shared conference room. It was really helpful to have that shared space where we could become comfortable with one another and rely on each other for assistance if needed.

Another great part of the internship revolves around my experience with the employees at Moss Adams. No matter who I worked with, whether it was upper management or staff, I found myself amazed at their willingness to nurture and teach the interns. I learned so much from them, not only about how to succeed in accounting but also in how to best utilize my time at the firm. They enriched my experience beyond words.

Parking was $10 a day and our monthly stipend only paid $90. Rough on the wallet.

Do not apply for public accounting if you think you can just sit behind a desk all day and never talk to people. Whether it is the client or your fellow employees, interpersonal communication is of the utmost importance. I watched people struggle internally every day because they were expected to actually leave their workspace and interact with others.

Do not let a perceived lack of academic knowledge prevent you from applying for Moss Adams. They have an excellent training program which is fortified by an experienced staff who is committed to seeing you learn and grow.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I know more conference rooms are planned to be built, which is a great idea.

The best possible way I could have spent my summer.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people at the firm made it very enjoyable. I was able to ask questions openly and be myself around all of the other staff, seniors, managers, and even partners. Everyone was really easy to get along with.

On one occasion I was given a particularly tedious task which is never fun but that's the nature of the job.

Moss Adams is an amazing firm and they go out of their way to be as accommodating as possible.

Moss Adams: My preferred employer with the best experience possible and the greatest company culture
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were having the ability to work on a variety of projects that a staff accountant would be working, my co-workers were great to work with and extremely helpful, the flexibility with my schedule, and the training process was designed to effectively allow me to do well on my projects without overloading me with information.

What I liked least was some of the projects were overwhelming at first, but remember that everyone has been in your shoes and will be willing to help you.

Do not be afraid to ask questions. You are trying to find an organization that you fit well with not just a place to work. Moss Adams truly cares about its employees and wants the best for all of them. I would not want to work for anyone else.

Advice to Management

I think the only thing would be about the training because I did not get the full initial training with the office only because of my school schedule. I do not, however, think it affected my performance.

The best way to spend a summer!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved the social interactions I had with the other interns as well as staff members

I was most disappointed when it ended.

Don't focus on what an internship has to offer in the moment. Really think about what opportunities it offers for a full time position.

Advice to Management

Compensation is at a fair rate but could be a bit higher

Great experience, with fantastic people, and wonderful opportunities
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with several people in the firm, and variety of assignments.

Nothing bad to say.

Moss Adams is a fantastic company to work for. The people are genuinely nice, the work is challenging, and the internship is a ton of fun!

Advice to Management

Everything was great.

The best summer internship experience

Hands on experience

The overall experience during the internship was great, and I don't have much to complain about.

They care about their employees and their advancement in the company

Advice to Management

Go through a simple tax return from beginning to end.

Great people to work with, very inclusive laid back culture.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to get hands on tax experience.

I loved everything about my internship. If you are planning to do a career in accounting, there are some things implicit in public accounting like working long hours, and hierarchical structure. Moss Adams does thier best to provide a great experience and will treat you better than any other firm.

Keep in mind hours are usually long in accounting. I have friends who work at big 4 and they work more hours and get less benefits than thier Moss Adams counterparts.

Most valuable, challenging and fun internship you will ever experience !
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Training trip to Anaheim ,CA. Company culture us amazing and unmatched. Challenging workload but balanced and interesting.

Wish it was longer.

Fantastic , best experience of my career so far.

Advice to Management

Everything is above average, they really care about their workers.