4.5 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 104 Intern Reviews)

Transition
Tacoma, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being flown to California for summer training.-Disneyland! All the learning opportunities that were presented. The entire internship provided me a valuable experience.

Didn't have too many opportunities to work out in the field and audit clients. I mainly did the preparation work involved with said jobs.

Always network and meet people. It's the connections you make that will ensure your success.

Exciting
Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to work with a variety of people. All of whom were helpful, encouraging, and fun to be around.

There was more downtime than I expected.

Moss Adams is not just about working hard. It is also about working as a team, getting to know your coworkers (both in and out of the office), and continually developing your skills. If you want to go far in auditng, Moss Adams will help you get there.

During the second round interviews the "questions" were meant to get an idea of your personality. There would be a routine question or two, like "why did you choose accounting," but the bulk of the interview was a short conversation.

great company
Santa Rosa, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

exposure to actual work

getting up earlier than usual

talk to as many people as you can to get a feel of the company

Everything is MOSSome!
San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Seeing the unity and collaboration of the entire firm to dedicate themselves to their interns is unexpected. At the Summer Internship Program was amazing to see the interaction of all the offices. Especially, having partners from several offices attend and give presentation was really rewarding and inspiring. Working so closely with all the partners throughout the internship was unexpected. I interned at a local firm before and I did not get this much partner interaction.

Nothing. Everything really went beyond expectations.

Everyone at this firm is dedicated to your growth. It's an atmosphere that promotes learning and challenges, which is extremely rewarding. You'll have the support of not just the regional office but of the entire firm to handle any challenges.

Moss Adams: Gaining the Full Tax Experience (And Then Some!)
Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the work, and the many firm events

Not having enough work to always feel busy, and that it couldn't last longer

Don't pick a firm based solely on its reputation; make sure to find the right fit for you and don't let people sway you into a choice that may not be best.

Tell me about yourself.

Tell me about a challenge you have faced on a team and how you handled it.

Fun, Educational, & Rewarding
Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to do hands on work.

Sometimes not knowing why I was doing certain aspects of the project.

This is a great organization with great people which has a lot of opportunity to advance in your career.

I enjoyed working with a wonderful group of audit professionals in a friendly and encouraging environment.
San Jose, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best aspects of the internship were the people I met. I met so many kind people at the office. I enjoyed being around such positive and encouraging people. Another highlight was working on real audits and going to fieldwork. It was exciting to use what I had learned and see the finished product of an audit.

I enjoyed my internship thoroughly. I only wish I could have stayed longer but I had to go back to school.

Moss Adams is nice place to work and the people there are friendly and professional. They want you to succeed and they will help you perform well.

Why do you want to work for us as opposed to a big four firm?

Why did you choose audit as opposed to tax?

Doing real work while becoming familiar with the people and practices of Moss Adams
Irvine, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, pay, work

evaluations

ask lots of questions

Shannon getting her feet wet and really experiencing life as a MA staff
San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

actually getting into audits, going to the client, not just doing busy work

we did not get as many reviews as I hoped. Maybe give an evaluation once a week so we can learn and grow from it

MA knows how to get and keep people. MA wants you to love to work, not HAVE to work.

Advice to Management

Maybe do more intensive hands on training. Felt very uneasy going to my first client.

Impact: Moss Adams interns add value to clients and the community
Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect is that interns have direct impact. I got to prepare whole returns that went directly to the client after being reviewed by another staff and a partner. Being part of that team delivering such a tangible service is a very rewarding feeling.

I wish the internship could have lasted longer, but I realize that it couldn't start any earlier without excluding some colleges' students.

The people at Moss Adams really are as great as the people you meet on campus. Also, don't shy away from the smaller size of the firm because the breadth of experience you will get is so much greater at first and you will get to decide where your career goes, which will be much more valuable 10 years into your career because you will be personally invested in and passionate about your work.