Intern at Marks Paneth LLP Internship Program? Submit a Review

What really goes on

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people i got to work with and all that i learned from them

the fact that i only worked with one group

do the work and you will learn from every experience

Advice to Management

set up more events for the interns to discuss their experiences and what tips they felt help them the most

what experience have you learned from the most

The Most Rewarding Internship Yet

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of this internship is the application of school knowledge to use the programs. Marks Paneth really ties back all of the information from prior years and explains everything in such a way that it all makes sense.

At times, there is little to no work left.

The workload and possibility to be laid off is high since after busy season, there is barely any work left to complete.

Advice to Management

Find other ways to keep interns busy throughout.

Many interview questions were based on prior experience and possible things you have done related to the job description.

Marks Paneth has provided me with growth, experience and has pushed me to always keep learning and trying my best.

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The smallness of the office and how friendly everyone is.

It can be extremely challenging and hard because I sometimes feel people are expecting associate-level work.

Take advantage of asking as many questions as you can and network with everyone. What's nice about Marks Paneth is that everyone is very helpful to the interns and wants them to succeed and learn and do their best. Both associates and partners were extremely helpful during tax season.

Being given employee responsibilities as an intern

Parsippany, NJ | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of help that was available and the opportunity to learn in various departments.

Not enough hours worked.

Be open minded and take any available task. To also reach out and network with other employees.

Full of experiences

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Enhancing tax knowledge by preparing tax returns for residents, nonresident, and dual-status clients. Everyone will feel like they are apart of the family and flexible hours. Supervisors are very understanding with school schedule. The partners have open door policy, so you can drop by to ask any questions you may have.

The internship would be a plus if the interns can experience some auditing work as well.

This is a very good internship to seek if you are very interested in Tax. It will sharpen you tax knowledge through preparing tax returns and if you have any questions, you can always ask. The supervisors are very understanding if your school schedules, so the hours are very flexible. The people there are so willing to work with you

High level work with great people.

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The level of work and quality of people.

Nothing can be considered a con to working at this internship.

Be ready to work hard.

Advice to Management

None

Tell me about x experience on your resume.

Marks Paneth: Where There's No Job too Small, No Job too Big

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation and the flexibility of hours

The commute to work

This is more of a job than an internship program. You're fulfilling your part on a team rather than taking part in a program

Advice to Management

Relocate closer West

Great people, work hard, play hard

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experience and people. Firm is very supportive in making sure their people pass the CPA exams by providing resources and appropriate time to prepare for the CPA exams.

Not applicable because all my experiences at Marks Paneth has been positive to be honest.

Being aware of what your goals are in regards to career development and knowing how to manage your time between school, work, and studying for the CPA exam.

Advice to Management

To be honest all those aspects have been a positive experience. Firm provides clear guidelines for what is expected and gives the employees all resources needed to become successful. As an intern, partners main concerns are making sure our school work is the most important and gives us full autonomy when working in regards to how much time we are available to work and if we need time to focus on school or CPA exam.

No standard interview questions. I believe as long as you are genuine in what your intentions are and having a plan for your future or at least know a clear path in regards to what do you expect for yourself. You should be fine.

The Best Is Yet To Come

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone there is friendly, I also really like the work environment and my team.

No assigned seat

Everything was made clear to me

Working up to my potential

The work environment

The work hours

Ask questions

Advice to Management

Give more meaningful work

How I worked on a problem in a group setting